Heist-Update_HD_V3 (resized).jpg
F9759C57-28C7-4028-A4AC-48E1F9698091 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8139 (resized).jpg
8ECE6551-B1FC-438A-B117-EFDD11722245_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
7F0C41B6-5198-4EB7-A673-DCA264582295_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
57C8A65A-1DA0-4D8A-8D66-D87153D184CC_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
22F47281-AEB4-49E9-9668-5E45E3087EF7_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 862 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 18.
#801 2 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

How many of you have played the Big Heist and the 15-ball multiball?

Also, who has made a save state with all characters in jail and used that save state as a mini game to play???

#802 2 years ago

I've been playtesting the new game I'm making for the Heist playfield a lot... and last night I had a first - perfectly timed shot got a ball trapped underneath the crane after it had lowered and before it performed a sweep!

The crane pulled the ball across for the entire sweep and everything was fine, I just wondered if anyone else had ever done that before?

#803 2 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

I've been playtesting the new game I'm making for the Heist playfield a lot... and last night I had a first - perfectly timed shot got a ball trapped underneath the crane after it had lowered and before it performed a sweep!
The crane pulled the ball across for the entire sweep and everything was fine, I just wondered if anyone else had ever done that before?

I've gotten two of the stuck together during the crane multiball, but I haven't done what you are describing. That would be a heck of a shot.

#804 2 years ago

How many of you have played the Big Heist and the 15-ball multiball?

*raises hand*

Quoted from northvibe:

Also, who has made a save state with all characters in jail and used that save state as a mini game to play???

I have not but I'm going to have to do that now!

#805 2 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

*raises hand*

I've gotten to the 15-ball MB, but haven't beat it. That damn last shot..

#806 2 years ago

Anyone had their crane do this on Heist?

Happens even when the pin is booting and in diagnostics too.

#807 2 years ago

Is the switch that tells it the crane is fully retracted registering?

#808 2 years ago

Seems like only the magnet switch registers. Moving it in and out manually doesn't register anything nor does pushing the front target of it in and out.

IMG_5508 (resized).jpegIMG_5508 (resized).jpeg
#809 2 years ago

I’d open a ticket with support. They’ll probably reply before you finish typing it.
https://www.multimorphic.com/manager/account/login

#810 2 years ago

To follow up on my issue there were lots of small issues going on including a loose screw snagging on the ribbon cable so the crane couldn't retract and needing to adjust the switch opto. I'm new to this machine and only through this learned of all the great support documentation and internal videos in the support section of Multimorphic's site. They were fantastic working with me on the ticket too and we got it all resolved.

#811 2 years ago
Quoted from timmmmyboy:

To follow up on my issue there were lots of small issues going on including a loose screw snagging on the ribbon cable so the crane couldn't retract and needing to adjust the switch opto. I'm new to this machine and only through this learned of all the great support documentation and internal videos in the support section of Multimorphic's site. They were fantastic working with me on the ticket too and we got it all resolved.

Yes, out if the box I had a similar issue where a screw had dropped but in my case it kept the crane from retracting. And like with any new pin, it does not hurt to check for loose bolts on top side and bottom side of the Heist module.

#812 2 years ago

*raises hand*

Protip! If you have the 15 Car Monte saved as a save-state, the 6 character jailbreak save point is just one crappy ball away (assuming you don’t have any pesky donut bribes lol)

CB729A9F-5406-4BA1-A043-31BDB5C5B6BB (resized).jpegCB729A9F-5406-4BA1-A043-31BDB5C5B6BB (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#813 2 years ago

Sorry to hijack the thread - but my next game comes out on Monday and will utilize the Heist playfield module!

Silver Falls will be revealed on Monday 6/28 at 8PM Eastern by Kevin Manne on the Buffalo Pinball Twitch stream (twitch.tv/buffalopinball)

This game design was a collaboration between myself and my 10 year old daughter, Sophia.

It's a very different style of game. For a bit more information before the reveal, check out https://silverfallsforever.com/

The music for the game is a unique chillhop soundtrack, created by the amazing Scott Danesi!

Sophia and I will be at the reveal stream, and I hope to see you all there too.

The ability to purchase on Multimorphic's site will go live with the reveal stream Monday evening.

85972340f7ba14552a6d9bea3e3d08a887670891 (resized).jpg85972340f7ba14552a6d9bea3e3d08a887670891 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#814 2 years ago

Fun Twitch stream with KevInBuffalo completing Heist a few days ago;
https://m.twitch.tv/videos/1087921992

#815 2 years ago

Fun Twitch stream with KevInBuffalo completing Heist a few days ago;
https://m.twitch.tv/videos/1087921992

Can't watch - want to get there myself! Just finally got good enough to make it to the Final Heist pretty regularly!! Slowly working my way through the final heist stages.

Such a great game!

#816 2 years ago

That last crosstown shot, so satisfying! <3 Heist

#817 2 years ago

That last crosstown shot, so satisfying! <3 Heist

And so stressful!

1 week later
#818 2 years ago

I’m having some trouble with my jail settings - the door does not seem to stop in it’s up or down position consistently, and I’m getting rejects because the door does not appear to go up all the way.

MM support (TJ) suggested I make sure my scoops and walls were all level with the playfield so as to reduce potential airballs. That made a HUGE difference with the flow of the game but did not fix the issue with the jail. Now that I’ve been fooling with it I’m not sure how to land on the exact correct settings.

So first off, Does anyone have a photo of the jail all the way up so I know what I’m aiming for

And second, what are your settings ?

#819 2 years ago

gstellenberg can help you out! I will upload a picture of my settings tommorow . As I don’t have my heist installed at the moment

#820 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

gstellenberg can help you out! I will upload a picture of my settings tommorow . As I don’t have my heist installed at the moment

I know he can! I’ve been bugging the support guys a little bit this week, but wanted to hear some real world experiences too

.. and thanks! Bedankt!

#821 2 years ago

The heist and silver falls shouls

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I’m having some trouble with my jail settings - the door does not seem to stop in it’s up or down position consistently, and I’m getting rejects because the door does not appear to go up all the way.
MM support (TJ) suggested I make sure my scoops and walls were all level with the playfield so as to reduce potential airballs. That made a HUGE difference with the flow of the game but did not fix the issue with the jail. Now that I’ve been fooling with it I’m not sure how to land on the exact correct settings.
So first off, Does anyone have a photo of the jail all the way up so I know what I’m aiming for
And second, what are your settings ?

Let me get a pic!

EDIT: hope these help

83AFFC14-AAF1-4531-AAAE-C8346F1FE49E (resized).jpeg83AFFC14-AAF1-4531-AAAE-C8346F1FE49E (resized).jpeg8EEA13E7-2A4C-41C0-85BF-41461766A032 (resized).jpeg8EEA13E7-2A4C-41C0-85BF-41461766A032 (resized).jpeg8FD27762-19B6-403B-B498-0383D7C08A5E (resized).jpeg8FD27762-19B6-403B-B498-0383D7C08A5E (resized).jpegA4DBDFA2-1317-403F-BE7A-5160588F5FCA (resized).jpegA4DBDFA2-1317-403F-BE7A-5160588F5FCA (resized).jpeg
#822 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

The heist and silver falls shouls

Let me get a pic!
EDIT: hope these help
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks! That helps me out a ton. It seems like for the most part it is raising the proper amount, but I have to figure out why it's not consistently going to those settings. Sometimes the gate isnt' raised far enough, or it doesn't quite come all the way down, but other times it's perfect.

#823 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Thanks! That helps me out a ton. It seems like for the most part it is raising the proper amount, but I have to figure out why it's not consistently going to those settings. Sometimes the gate isnt' raised far enough, or it doesn't quite come all the way down, but other times it's perfect.

Could you go into diagnostics, then just lower and raise the gate a handful of times. See if the actuator/motor just is having a miss step every so often?

Or play a few games and when it does act up, try to get a picture of where it is height wise.

#825 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It seems like for the most part it is raising the proper amount, but I have to figure out why it's not consistently going to those settings.

That shouldn't happen. It should consistently get to the up and down positions every time. PM sent. We'll get to the bottom of it!

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

#826 2 years ago

Wish there was one of these in the northern California area, that I could go see and play.

Robert

#827 2 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

That shouldn't happen. It should consistently get to the up and down positions every time. PM sent. We'll get to the bottom of it!
- Gerry

Got your email, checking the game in a bit! Thanks for always going over and above with support!!

2 weeks later
#828 2 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Wish there was one of these in the northern California area, that I could go see and play.
Robert

When Press Start opens in Reno we will have a P3 Heist game to play. They should be opening this fall as long as there are no more delays.

3 months later
#829 2 years ago

Put up a pretty damn good game (for me) last night after finally remembering to try the “save” and “restore” feature. I start lots of games with my profile but just never remember to save.

Does the save/restore keep track of what ball you are on, or just progress in modes and score? I didn’t take note of this last night

Man, those multiballs are brutal! I’ve had more games than I care to remember where my Crane MB score is like 10,000, or worse, 0!

#830 2 years ago

When you “restore” a save state, it starts over at ball 1.

Yeaaaaah I still need to pull the glass and get everyone in jail and save it. Breaking everyone out as a reverse multiball is intense!

I have a few save states and when guests are over it’s fun to load them up for guests to try specific things: like breaking ppl out of jail, a big heist; or other rooms on silver falls

#831 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

When you “restore” a save state, it starts over at ball 1.
Yeaaaaah I still need to pull the glass and get everyone in jail and save it. Breaking everyone out as a reverse multiball is intense!
I have a few save states and when guests are over it’s fun to load them up for guests to try specific things: like breaking ppl out of jail, a big heist; or other rooms on silver falls

Great ideas!

#832 2 years ago

I need to make a list, but There do seem to be a handful of bugs in the game - I know the MM has a ton of stuff still planned for release, but I’m curious if there are any plans for a bug fix release ?

#833 2 years ago

Rdoyle1978 - Yes, we'll continue releasing updates for all of our games when we have bug fixes or new features to add. We have a couple of known items to fix on Heist, but the list is actually pretty short. So please make sure to send any issues you've found. With SysMan 3.1.0.0 or higher, you can update logs with just a couple of button presses. So... turn on "All" logging in Heist, play until you encounter an issue. The go to SysMan -> Manage Apps -> Heist -> Manage Logs -> Send Log to Multimorphic. Ideally then follow up by opening a ticket on our support site describing the problem and when/how you noticed it.

- Gerry

#834 2 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

Rdoyle1978 - Yes, we'll continue releasing updates for all of our games when we have bug fixes or new features to add. We have a couple of known items to fix on Heist, but the list is actually pretty short. So please make sure to send any issues you've found. With SysMan 3.1.0.0 or higher, you can update logs with just a couple of button presses. So... turn on "All" logging in Heist, play until you encounter an issue. The go to SysMan -> Manage Apps -> Heist -> Manage Logs -> Send Log to Multimorphic. Ideally then follow up by opening a ticket on our support site describing the problem and when/how you noticed it.
- Gerry

My list is fairly short as well; I can't even remember what the bugs were - minor things to be sure. Hey, I can submit logs via wifi now!

3 weeks later
#835 2 years ago

Heist enters the Top 100:

Top 100 (resized).pngTop 100 (resized).png

#836 2 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Heist enters the Top 100:
[quoted image]

nice! Now how do we get a mod to approve all the reviews I added?

#837 2 years ago

Having played both Heist and Godzilla this weekend, I have to say that I enjoyed Heist quite a bit more. The callouts and the graphics make the rules much easier to understand in Heist. With Godzilla you either have to invest a good bit of time playing the game, read about it online or have an experienced player teach you how to start the modes get a multiball and or score the big points. With Heist, the game teaches the player quickly and effectively how to advance the game. With both games, I like the fast paced action.

#838 2 years ago
Quoted from Cmartin1235:

Having played both Heist and Godzilla this weekend, I have to say that I enjoyed Heist quite a bit more. The callouts and the graphics make the rules much easier to understand in Heist. With Godzilla you either have to invest a good bit of time playing the game, read about it online or have an experienced player teach you how to start the modes get a multiball and or score the big points. With Heist, the game teaches the player quickly and effectively how to advance the game. With both games, I like the fast paced action.

Number one by next week! You heard it here first!

#839 2 years ago

congrats to Heist, one of the few games to ever sit above Medieval Madness in the charts, and the one game that took the LONGEST to get on the chart to do it.
Most games that top MM are there for a week or two as the LE owners have their honeymoon phase, but to come out on top after this amount of time? Very impressive

#840 2 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

congrats to Heist, one of the few games to ever sit above Medieval Madness in the charts, and the one game that took the LONGEST to get on the chart to do it.
Most games that top MM are there for a week or two as the LE owners have their honeymoon phase, but to come out on top after this amount of time? Very impressive

Enough people actually have the game by now, it seems

#841 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

they can maybe add stuff like that for some Challenge game modes as part of the base software.

#842 2 years ago

These guys just keep getting better. They are a small team of extremely talented individuals who have ‘gone against the grain’ of flashy toys and gimmicks and have concentrated instead on deep rule sets and clever, new ideas in design. I can’t wait to add a Heist to my collection. Lexi Lightspeed needs a playmate.

#843 2 years ago

in the week since Heist was #2 on the Top 100 list it went from 25 ratings and a 9.201 rating, to 55 ratings and 8.126

(the math shows that of those 30 ratings accrued in the last week, the average score was 7.23)

#844 2 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

in the week since Heist was #2 on the Top 100 list it went from 25 ratings and a 9.201 rating, to 55 ratings and 8.126
(the math shows that of those 30 ratings accrued in the last week, the average score was 7.23)

Yes, it was review bombed. Expected, but sort of pathetic.

Only 2 of the negative reviewers actually had the guts to post a comment. Aah well, back to complaining about how the Top 100 is so unfair!

2 months later
#845 2 years ago

Heist Classic???

As everybody knows, the 1.0 release of Heist came with a lot of rule changes, designed to make the game easier.

Only two shots to recruit a member, easier jail breaks...

Thing is: I was just use to the original rules.

Is there a set of config changes I can make to get close to the original rule set, without going to an old version of the software?

- Mark

#846 2 years ago
Quoted from Shaker:

Heist Classic???
As everybody knows, the 1.0 release of Heist came with a lot of rule changes, designed to make the game easier.
Only two shots to recruit a member, easier jail breaks...
Thing is: I was just use to the original rules.
Is there a set of config changes I can make to get close to the original rule set, without going to an old version of the software?
- Mark

Idk what the original rules were, but when I was in the settings everything is changeable, how many shots etc

#847 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Idk what the original rules were, but when I was in the settings everything is changeable, how many shots etc

Thank you for your note. I knew that there were a bunch of settings available, but I did a bad job of asking my question. I guess what I really meant was:

Does anybody have a snapshot or list of the pre 1.0 settings?

- Mark

#848 2 years ago
Quoted from Shaker:

Does anybody have a snapshot or list of the pre 1.0 settings?

Sjsilver should put top men on this... you know before the flood gates on Monday.

Actually; strike that... why can't you do this yourself?
You can install the earlier version; infact, if you like it so much - just stay on that version indefinitely.
If you really want the new code with old settings; can't you grab those snap shots and do it yours?

Not trying to be combative; just generally asking why you can't do it yourself?

#849 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Sjsilver should put top men on this... you know before the flood gates on Monday.
Actually; strike that... why can't you do this yourself?
You can install the earlier version; infact, if you like it so much - just stay on that version indefinitely.
If you really want the new code with old settings; can't you grab those snap shots and do it yours?
Not trying to be combative; just generally asking why you can't do it yourself?

Good point!

However, I don't have a copy of the old software, and I just checked the Multimorphic Web Site, and they don't have older software versions available for download.

I don't want to stay on the old version of the software, as there are lots of additions and improvements that I do want to keep. I know that one change I want to make is to raise the shots require to recruit a character by 1. I don't know what other values I'd like to change, as I don't know what the old values were.

Anybody got a Heist V0.8.1 laying around that they could upload to a dropbox or google drive?

- Mark

#850 2 years ago

Shaker, I’m of one of the software developers for Heist. I can get you the original settings tomorrow. Gotta get ready for date night.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
$ 12.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Meriden, CT
There are 862 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heist-revealed-by-multimorphic/page/17?hl=timmmmyboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.