Heist-Update_HD_V3 (resized).jpg
F9759C57-28C7-4028-A4AC-48E1F9698091 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8139 (resized).jpg
8ECE6551-B1FC-438A-B117-EFDD11722245_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
7F0C41B6-5198-4EB7-A673-DCA264582295_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
57C8A65A-1DA0-4D8A-8D66-D87153D184CC_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
22F47281-AEB4-49E9-9668-5E45E3087EF7_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 862 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 18.
#751 3 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

Leo must be related to the Rock
[quoted image]

Oh. Weird. What a coincidence! I can't believe the Rock modeled his fly look after the great Leonid "Leo" Myshkin!

#752 3 years ago

Anyone else having issue with flippers going "wonky" after a few games. They will have delayed firing or won't hold after about 4 consecutive games. If I exit the app and go back in it will be fine.

#753 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Anyone else having issue with flippers going "wonky" after a few games. They will have delayed firing or won't hold after about 4 consecutive games. If I exit the app and go back in it will be fine.

Which version of the P3-ROC firmware are you running? (Settings -> Info -> P3-ROC version). If you're still on 2.6, please update to 2.14. The firmware package is available for download in your Multimorphic account / software page. Install it like any other package. It'll take a few minutes and then tell you to power cycle the machine.

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

2 weeks later
#754 3 years ago

Great job guys. Love that I can add some color on the bottom now. Looks Great.

22F47281-AEB4-49E9-9668-5E45E3087EF7_1_105_c (resized).jpeg22F47281-AEB4-49E9-9668-5E45E3087EF7_1_105_c (resized).jpeg57C8A65A-1DA0-4D8A-8D66-D87153D184CC_1_105_c (resized).jpeg57C8A65A-1DA0-4D8A-8D66-D87153D184CC_1_105_c (resized).jpeg7F0C41B6-5198-4EB7-A673-DCA264582295_1_105_c (resized).jpeg7F0C41B6-5198-4EB7-A673-DCA264582295_1_105_c (resized).jpeg8ECE6551-B1FC-438A-B117-EFDD11722245_1_105_c (resized).jpeg8ECE6551-B1FC-438A-B117-EFDD11722245_1_105_c (resized).jpeg95095700-E317-43AF-B30C-4866EF2FB090_1_105_c (resized).jpeg95095700-E317-43AF-B30C-4866EF2FB090_1_105_c (resized).jpegD34C4DF1-AC37-4010-A05C-4FC8D4AA0D76_1_105_c (resized).jpegD34C4DF1-AC37-4010-A05C-4FC8D4AA0D76_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
#755 3 years ago

My Heist arrived Friday. Its so cool! Already thinking about ordering the CCR module.

IMG_8139 (resized).jpgIMG_8139 (resized).jpg
#756 3 years ago

Dropped Heist back in the P3 tonight and installed the new lower playfield art pieces. Lookin good!

F9759C57-28C7-4028-A4AC-48E1F9698091 (resized).jpegF9759C57-28C7-4028-A4AC-48E1F9698091 (resized).jpeg
#757 3 years ago

That Heist looks sweeeet!

#758 3 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

My Heist arrived Friday. Its so cool! Already thinking about ordering the CCR module.
[quoted image]

Awesome! So glad you are enjoying it! And I def recommend grabbing CCR. If you get it, join the P3 Owners Discord channel, where you can reach out an organize online head to head races. Once you have it Grab Ranger in the Ruins from the online store, because Nick's game is super creative and a really fun, interesting take on the entire pinball experience. Also Don't sleep on Lexy. That game is criminally underrated, and a ton of fun!

#759 3 years ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

Also Don't sleep on Lexy. That game is criminally underrated, and a ton of fun!

Couldn't agree with this more. Lexy is BY FAR the most diverse game on the P3. Such a good mixture of traditional pinball and virtual targets. So much diversity between the modes, and the warehouse mode is just cool. It also has a strobe-ish kind of multiball that's fun. And an 8-ball physical lock. Heist is super cool, but Lexy might still be my favorite P3 game.

Oh, and Ranger in the Ruin is totally dope too! Best bang-for-the-buck on the P3...hands down.

3 weeks later
#760 3 years ago

Guys, where in settings can you extend the time for the modes in Heist? Thanks.

#761 3 years ago

Curious if there’s an update in the works - I’ve had a couple bugs an

Quoted from Cyrus:

Guys, where in settings can you extend the time for the modes in Heist? Thanks.

Under "gameplay" - I have mine cranked. I can't figure out how to get the ball under control quickly enough to hit all the shots on the default settings. You ( I ) basically have to make each shot perfectly the first time otherwise I can't get the ball back in time. Maybe I have time for 1 brick. Cranking them up to 60s makes it easier to obtain. I think part of the reason its so hard is because there doesn't seem to be a way to get extra time other than starting a multiball.

#762 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Curious if there’s an update in the works - I’ve had a couple bugs an

Big Heist update on the way according to Gerry in the P3 owners thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-club/page/12#post-6153341

#763 3 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Big Heist update on the way according to Gerry in the P3 owners thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/multimorphic-p3-club/page/12#post-6153341

"deepest and best thematically integrated 'wizard mode' ever in pinball!"

- Gerry

#764 3 years ago

Looking forward to it! I don't think Ger didn't committed to a date yet. but it will be "THE BIGGEST MOST INTEGRATED WIZARD MODE EVER!!"

EDIT: SEE! ^^^^^

#765 3 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

"deepest and best thematically integrated 'wizard mode' ever in pinball!"
- Gerry

Can this be made playable separately like a stand alone mini-game?

#766 3 years ago

Can this be made playable separately like a stand alone mini-game?

Whether we do that or not, you'll be able to use a player profile and save/restore game state with wizard mode lit.

- Gerry

1 month later
#767 3 years ago

Anyone else want to take the time to post a review of Heist? Not many more ratings needed to get it in the top 100.

#768 3 years ago

The Heist update is here!

As promised, it adds perhaps the deepest and most thematically integrated wizard mode ever. It also adjusts the difficulty of regular gameplay, making it easier to start character modes and break characters out of jail. Demo man is a bit easier to complete, but otherwise the mode difficulties are unchanged, as you don't have to complete a character to qualify them for the Big Final Heist. You can fail a mode and then break them out of jail.

Please install the latest System Manager 2.2.1.0 (required to install this version of Heist). Then run the new System Manager and install:
Heist 1.0.1.3
Heist Module Driver 1.0.0.7

Note - The first time you run the new Heist, it will reset your operator settings, including volume.

Enjoy!

- Gerry
Heist-Update_HD_V3 (resized).jpgHeist-Update_HD_V3 (resized).jpg

#769 3 years ago

The BFH is loaded up and ready to stream! Tonight at 8 p.m Eastern: http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

bfh-stream (resized).pngbfh-stream (resized).png
#770 3 years ago

The BFH is loaded up and ready to stream! Tonight at 8 p.m Eastern: http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball
[quoted image]

I'll be there to root you on and answer any questions!

- Gerry

#771 3 years ago

Wow! That came out SO much sooner than I expected! How cool is this

#772 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Thanks for streaming the latest Heist update Kevin! The game is looking really fun and I think the wizard mode was very well done.

I pictured a slower release of the 15 balls, like one at a time with enough time to make one flip before the next ball arrived. The 15 ball release is impressive but I don't thiink there is an opportunity to make a controlled shot.

#773 3 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Thanks for streaming the latest Heist update Kevin! The game is looking really fun and I think the wizard mode was very well done.
I pictured a slower release of the 15 balls, like one at a time with enough time to make one flip before the next ball arrived. The 15 ball release is impressive but I don't thiink there is an opportunity to make a controlled shot.

Well it turns out there’s supposed to be a slower release, 1 ball at a time. If you watch it back you can see my diverter try to stop the additional balls and fail after a couple attempts. The screw has been slipping on that diverter servo and I thought I fixed it but I guess it slipped again. I’ll get it loctited up and give it another go.

Sorry that it’s the first impression you all got of the 15 ball! Even so, that BFH is so freakin cool. You really have to clutch out those side loop shots!

#774 3 years ago

Well it turns out there’s supposed to be a slower release, 1 ball at a time.

This is correct. The release timing is 1s per ball and should do exactly what Jvspin was hoping it would do... give the player time for one flip per ball before the next one arrives. Weeks of testing on a bunch of different machines worked well, but Murphy struck on Kevin's machine. You'll notice his diverter didn't catch balls during the rest of the game.

- Gerry

#775 3 years ago

Great stream tonight!

#776 3 years ago

Were there release notes for the code update. Played it last night and seemed like characters qualified a lot faster/easier. Also, whatever you did to the module/code it fixed my flipper bugs. Thanks!

#777 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Were there release notes for the code update. Played it last night and seemed like characters qualified a lot faster/easier. Also, whatever you did to the module/code it fixed my flipper bugs. Thanks!

Yes they are next to every download on the Multimorphic site. Character qualifying is faster as are jailbreaks and a few other tweaks on the default setting to make getting to the BFH in a single game more obtainable. Get those macguffins and make a run at the BFH!

#778 3 years ago

I have been saving my progress on Heist and on my last save prior to the new update, I had all six characters collected. After the update and restoring my progression, the Final Big Heist was there one shot away! I haven't beat it yet for the 15-ball mb, but it is really well done. I love that if you fail and restart the Final Big Heist, it starts back on the level you failed at. Great job Gerry & Team!

#779 3 years ago

I have been saving my progress on Heist and on my last save prior to the new update, I had all six characters collected. After the update and restoring my progression, the Final Big Heist was there one shot away! I haven't beat it yet for the 15-ball mb, but it is really well done. I love that if you fail and restart the Final Big Heist, it starts back on the level you failed at. Great job Gerry & Team!

How great are save states for this game? I love that it lets almost anyone see the entire game, yet doesn't allow save state scores to muck up the high score tables. Team play is the same way. If you want to go at it that way with a friend, go for it and don't worry about the high score tables. "You take these characters, I'm taking these, and we'll both make a run at the BFH together."

If your save state doesn't include all the macguffins, go chase those and then save it again! That's the best state to launch the BFH from.

And even once you've seen it all, doing it in a single game is still a challenge waiting for you, as well as all the other challenges you can go for, like getting all the jewels in one game or going for the super-hard-to-set-up 6 character jailbreak. I love that if you play the 5-character Ruby heist first, you have to intentionally jail characters to unlock the previous jewel heists. The team did such a great job creating a game with a ton of stuff to do, and the platform features allow us to do so many cool things people haven't seen before.

#780 3 years ago

Speaking of the team, this game is the very definition of a team effort, and every person who helped on this game deserves praise for putting together a fantastic pinball experience. So if you know any of these people, let them know that you love their work!

#781 3 years ago

Can you explain how to save your game?

#782 3 years ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

How great are save states for this game? I love that it lets almost anyone see the entire game, yet doesn't allow save state scores to muck up the high score tables. Team play is the same way. If you want to go at it that way with a friend, go for it and don't worry about the high score tables. "You take these characters, I'm taking these, and we'll both make a run at the BFH together."
If your save state doesn't include all the macguffins, go chase those and then save it again! That's the best state to launch the BFH from.
And even once you've seen it all, doing it in a single game is still a challenge waiting for you, as well as all the other challenges you can go for, like getting all the jewels in one game or going for the super-hard-to-set-up 6 character jailbreak. I love that if you play the 5-character Ruby heist first, you have to intentionally jail characters to unlock the previous jewel heists. The team did such a great job creating a game with a ton of stuff to do, and the platform features allow us to do so many cool things people haven't seen before.

save scumming is one thing but an other is just the game is so long that you need to save.
Unless someone (not pinball) can play an 30-40+ hour game (to see most of it in non speed run way) in one go.

#783 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Can you explain how to save your game?

1) In attract mode, hold down either [red] flipper button and press and release start to bring up the feature menu. Choose "Start a game with profile" and then either select or create a new profile. (If you hit start and forget to hold down a flipper button, you can still do the same thing before launching your first ball - only difference is you'll then want to choose "Change profile".)

2) Saving state: You can only save/restore a state when launch is pending for a new ball. So after losing ball 1 or ball 2, wait for the next ball to be pending launch and again hold a flipper and press and release start. Choose save/restore, then save, and then choose and existing save name or add a new one.

3) Restoring state: Again wait until a launch is pending (can be on any ball). Flipper + start, save/restore, restore, choose a saved state.

Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

save scumming is one thing but an other is just the game is so long that you need to save.

Other reasons to save state include:
- Staging up a part of the game you really like to play
- Helping non-expert players enjoy more aspects of the game
- Setting up mini-challenges for yourself or a group of people

I'm sure there are others.

- Gerry

#784 3 years ago

1) In attract mode, hold down either [red] flipper button and press and release start to bring up the feature menu. Choose "Start a game with profile" and then either select or create a new profile. (If you hit start and forget to hold down a flipper button, you can still do the same thing before launching your first ball - only difference is you'll then want to choose "Change profile".)
2) Saving state: You can only save/restore a state when launch is pending for a new ball. So after losing ball 1 or ball 2, wait for the next ball to be pending launch and again hold a flipper and press and release start. Choose save/restore, then save, and then choose and existing save name or add a new one.
3) Restoring state: Again wait until a launch is pending (can be on any ball). Flipper + start, save/restore, restore, choose a saved state.

Other reasons to save state include:
- Staging up a part of the game you really like to play
- Helping non-expert players enjoy more aspects of the game
- Setting up mini-challenges for yourself or a group of people
I'm sure there are others.
- Gerry

now for tournament play there can be some things maybe with more auto save points and being able to role back to them from the service menu / coin door open?

#785 3 years ago

It’d be fun if you could load a save state with a particular challenge for a tournament, maybe have like a two minute infinite ball save before killing the flippers. Hit the launch and go

Thanks for exploring and implementing new ideas Gerry.

#786 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

now for tournament play there can be some things maybe with more auto save points and being able to role back to them from the service menu / coin door open?

Quoted from TreyBo69:

It’d be fun if you could load a save state with a particular challenge for a tournament, maybe have like a two minute infinite ball save before killing the flippers. Hit the launch and go

Both ideas are certainly possible. Both aren't super hard to implement either. The profile system is extremely powerful. We've just scratched the surface on ways to use it. Also, it's built into our software framework so that every P3 game developer, including 3rd party developers, can build off of it and experiment with ideas like what you guys mentioned above or others.

- Gerry

#787 3 years ago

When you restore a saved game (say you saved at start of ball 3), does it begin at ball 3 or ball 1. Also, does your score restore or do you start at 0?

#788 3 years ago

The restore doesn't affect your ball number. If you restore on ball 1, you get to play 3 balls from the save point. Restore on ball 2, play balls 2 and 3 from the save point, etc.

I think score is part of the restored data, but restored games are disqualified from high score entry... so it's just a metric for you to understand what the cumulative score would be if you had managed it in a single 3-ball game (though bonuses will mess that up).

- Gerry

#789 3 years ago

But you could add save scumming and advertise it as a feature

#790 3 years ago

The restore doesn't affect your ball number. If you restore on ball 1, you get to play 3 balls from the save point. Restore on ball 2, play balls 2 and 3 from the save point, etc.
I think score is part of the restored data, but restored games are disqualified from high score entry... so it's just a metric for you to understand what the cumulative score would be if you had managed it in a single 3-ball game (though bonuses will mess that up).
- Gerry

make it an setting / save score table.

Also for challenge tournaments be nice to have an score table.

#791 3 years ago

Heist is exactly the sort of game where a 15-ball multiball will actually work; the playfield is wide open, most of what you're shooting for is in the back third, it's easier to keep visual track of what would otherwise be absolute chaos, and the game itself will be less prone to additional wear-and-tear damage. Andrew was determined to get a 14-ball multiball in a game just to break Apollo 13's record, but there's a damn good reason why the record stood for over 25 years.

#792 3 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

Heist is exactly the sort of game where a 15-ball multiball will actually work; the playfield is wide open, most of what you're shooting for is in the back third, it's easier to keep visual track of what would otherwise be absolute chaos, and the game itself will be less prone to additional wear-and-tear damage. Andrew was determined to get a 14-ball multiball in a game just to break Apollo 13's record, but there's a damn good reason why the record stood for over 25 years.

A13 13 ball seemed to be more of an gimmick then good gameplay.

#793 3 years ago

I've seen people say that there's no way to control more than a few balls in multiball, so what's the point of a 15-ball MB?

Well, the whole point of it is chaos. It perfectly matches the story being told. If you can hit the shots you need to hit amidst all of the chaos, you deserve the rewards.

- Gerry

#794 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

A13 13 ball seemed to be more of an gimmick then good gameplay.

Perhaps, but the machine shines even *in spite of* the 13-ball gimmick (and I'd kind of agree with that, actually). Even removing that aspect of the machine, it's still Sega Pinball's finest hour.

#795 3 years ago

Need some help....finally making it to a Heist. Stumped on exactly what to do in the Amethyst Heist mode. How many times do i need to complete the shot for each criminal to win the jewel?

Any help is appreciated.

#796 2 years ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Need some help....finally making it to a Heist. Stumped on exactly what to do in the Amethyst Heist mode. How many times do i need to complete the shot for each criminal to win the jewel?
Any help is appreciated.

It’s 2 shots to each character to add that character’s ball. You have a timer running on single ball play but once you get multiball running the timer stops. If you drain back down to single ball play the timer kicks back in, so add more balls or time out.

To get the jewel shot, you have to complete every character and not drain any balls. The jewel shot will be a hurry up to the mastermind’s scoop shot right before the jackpot stage. If you finish stage one (finish all the character shots), but you drained one or more balls, you won’t get the jewel shot and will just move on to the jackpot stage.

#797 2 years ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

It’s 2 shots to each character to add that character’s ball. You have a timer running on single ball play but once you get multiball running the timer stops. If you drain back down to single ball play the timer kicks back in, so add more balls or time out.
To get the jewel shot, you have to complete every character and not drain any balls. The jewel shot will be a hurry up to the mastermind’s scoop shot right before the jackpot stage. If you finish stage one (finish all the character shots), but you drained one or more balls, you won’t get the jewel shot and will just move on to the jackpot stage.

Thanks SjSilver - this is VERY helpful. Appreciate the guidance!

#798 2 years ago

Random thought from someone that doesn't own a P3 but what if the sling plastics were actually just a thin metal plate and then you print the art on a magnetic sheet material so you could swap out the sling and playfield plastics without needing to unscrew anything?

I apologize in advance if that is a terrible idea as I haven't seen a P3 up close yet.

#799 2 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

someone that doesn't own a P3

Yet!

Quoted from joelbob:

swap out the sling and playfield plastics without needing to unscrew anything

I like that idea (like the apron or side art), but suspect that vibration might be too high in that area for the typical magnet material to work well. I don't know for sure. I'm sure someone with more knowledge will chime in. Swapping the currently available plastics is a fairly quick process (even the side targets).

2 weeks later
#800 2 years ago

How many of you have played the Big Heist and the 15-ball multiball?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Meriden, CT
$ 20.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

There are 862 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heist-revealed-by-multimorphic/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.