Heist-Update_HD_V3 (resized).jpg
F9759C57-28C7-4028-A4AC-48E1F9698091 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8139 (resized).jpg
8ECE6551-B1FC-438A-B117-EFDD11722245_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
7F0C41B6-5198-4EB7-A673-DCA264582295_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
57C8A65A-1DA0-4D8A-8D66-D87153D184CC_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
22F47281-AEB4-49E9-9668-5E45E3087EF7_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 862 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 18.
#601 3 years ago

Sounds good, thanks Gerry

#602 3 years ago

Ok, loving Heist. Can't get enough.

My only suggestions for improvements:

1. A sound for the jail when it isn't lit. Currently feels clunky when it hits and isn't lit for anything. Especially in comparison to the cool sound it makes when trying to start Jailbreak.

2. A smoother experience between balls. The hard reset it does between balls breaks immersion for me.

3. More LCD action in attract mode.

I LOVE this game, and even without any changes, it is amazing.

#603 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Thx for the link! Is this the one that needs to be modified? Looked like Kev just used the stock setup

You only need to mod it if you want to lift games by sliding it in between the front legs. I typically lift from the side or back so I haven’t modded it.

#604 3 years ago

New to the Heist club and loving the game, but having a few issues. Any suggestions greatly appreciated...

1. I'm having issues with a lot of left inner loop SDTM. Almost all fast shots into the gallery, shoot around and result in an immediate drain.
2. During the cat burglar mode, my crane doesn't pick up the ball from the right habitrail. It wiggles and tries for a few seconds but then gives up and continues without it. It has worked at least once, but thats about it.
3. Getting a lot of rejects trying to shoot the jail from the right flipper. Good shots seem to just get hung up a lot and rattle out.

#605 3 years ago
Quoted from foobeer:

New to the Heist club and loving the game, but having a few issues. Any suggestions greatly appreciated...
1. I'm having issues with a lot of left inner loop SDTM. Almost all fast shots into the gallery, shoot around and result in an immediate drain.
2. During the cat burglar mode, my crane doesn't pick up the ball from the right habitrail. It wiggles and tries for a few seconds but then gives up and continues without it. It has worked at least once, but thats about it.
3. Getting a lot of rejects trying to shoot the jail from the right flipper. Good shots seem to just get hung up a lot and rattle out.

For #2 you have to run the crane calibration test in the settings menu. Mine was finicky. I had to run the calibration test multiple times before I could finally dial it in.

#606 3 years ago
Quoted from foobeer:

Contact the P-3 support team. They have outstanding tech people and with quick responses.
https://www.multimorphic.com/

#607 3 years ago

Hey foobeer

Welcome to the club! We can help you quickly resolve the items on your list.

Shoot us an email at [email protected] and we can help walk you through some troubleshooting steps. Also, there are a lot of great Heist related support resources on our website at https://www.multimorphic.com/support/projects/customer-support/wiki/Heist

#608 3 years ago

^^^This! Our goal is to have a full set of maintenance and troubleshooting guides for all playfields on our support site. Heist has a lot already, and we'll keep adding to them. I think @foobeer's items 1 and 2 are covered there. Item 3 (jail rejects) is feedback we haven't heard before - so definitely chat with support about that one (or about anything - we're always here to help).

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

#609 3 years ago

Thanks for the link. 2 of my 3 questions are listed on the wiki...will check it out.

#610 3 years ago

Taking another run at Heist tonight! 8 p.m. Eastern: http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

#611 3 years ago

Has anyone been able to complete the Demolition mode? I can get to the second “stage” but I get almost no action out of my pops, maybe 1 hit per made loop shot, so I always run out of time. I even lowered the threshold to like 5 pop hits I think and still have not really come close to beating it. Curious if other folks get better action on their pops.

#612 3 years ago

Watching the Buffalo Pinball Heist stream tonight. Wow Multimorphic. This is a home run.

P3 is officially on my radar as a possibility for the next purchase next year. I just wish venues were open so I can try it first!

Either way, Bravo. Those Cat Burglar and Wheelman modes look fun! And this has to be the easiest game to date to understand quickly while watching. This could be what non-pinball heads need to reel them into the hobby.

#613 3 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Watching the Buffalo Pinball Heist stream tonight. Wow Multimorphic. This is a home run.
P3 is officially on my radar as a possibility for the next purchase next year. I just wish venues were open so I can try it first!
Either way, Bravo. Those Cat Burglar and Wheelman modes look fun! And this has to be the easiest game to date to understand quickly while watching. This could be what non-pinball heads need to reel them into the hobby.

It’s super fun—and full of industry firsts!

#614 3 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

Has anyone been able to complete the Demolition mode? I can get to the second “stage” but I get almost no action out of my pops, maybe 1 hit per made loop shot, so I always run out of time. I even lowered the threshold to like 5 pop hits I think and still have not really come close to beating it. Curious if other folks get better action on their pops.

You definitely need to adjust the switch on your pop-bumper. I can usually complete that mode by sending the ball to the pop bumper 1 or 2 times.

(Pay no attention to the fact that the stand-up targets are not wired, and thus everything we know is a lie.)

- Mark

#615 3 years ago

Just a head's up! Today (Wed. 9/16/20) is the last day to take advantage of the Heist Extended Launch Special pricing! Save nearly $1000 on a P3 with Heist (or any other single game kit you choose), or get the complete P3 package with every game-kit currently available and save $2k. Great opportunity to get into the platform and benefit from all the current awesome features, and all future features and releases!

www.multimorphic.com

#616 3 years ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

Just a head's up! Today (Wed. 9/16/20) is the last day to take advantage of the Heist Extended Launch Special pricing! Save nearly $1000 on a P3 with Heist (or any other single game kit you choose), or get the complete P3 package with every game-kit currently available and save $2k. Great opportunity to get into the platform and benefit from all the current awesome features, and all future features and releases!
www.multimorphic.com

I'm in!! Get my game on the line guys!! LOL

#617 3 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

Has anyone been able to complete the Demolition mode?

I usually try to stack this one with a multiball - it's still tricky to pull off the initial shots with multiple balls in play but finishing the pop hits goes waaaay easier.

#618 3 years ago

A little nudge when it's in the pops helps as well..

#619 3 years ago
Quoted from mjfisher:

A little nudge when it's in the pops helps as well..

Yeah the Demolition mode and that section of the PF was designed to encourage nudging to keep the ball active and get through the pops requirement. But like any Pop bumper section of any game, occasionally you need to tweak things if you aren't seeing enough action.

#620 3 years ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

occasionally you need to tweak things if you aren't seeing enough action.

Right - and there are two main ways to tweak that area in Heist...

1) Adjust the diverter limit through the operator settings so the ball is directed onto the pop bumper skirt.
2) Adjust the leaf switch gap so a ball hitting anywhere on the skirt will close the switch.

- Gerry

#621 3 years ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

Yeah the Demolition mode and that section of the PF was designed to encourage nudging to keep the ball active and get through the pops requirement. But like any Pop bumper section of any game, occasionally you need to tweak things if you aren't seeing enough action.

Wow, nudging is definitely the key. Getting much better pop action now.

1 month later
#622 3 years ago

Heist software update!

This update includes an improved credit handling experience for locations and also early access to Heist-specific Twitch-connect features. Check it out!

Download and install both the game (0.8.1.0) and the module driver (0.9.6.1) from your account page on https://www.multimorphic.com/.

- Gerry

Heist_v0.8.1.0_-_UPFv0.9.6.1_HD (resized).jpgHeist_v0.8.1.0_-_UPFv0.9.6.1_HD (resized).jpg
#623 3 years ago

Heist just arrived with my new multimorphic machine. Can’t wait to fire it up and eventually check out some of the other modules.

#624 3 years ago
Quoted from Ch4p3l:

Heist just arrived with my new multimorphic machine. Can’t wait to fire it up and eventually check out some of the other modules.

Welcome to the club!

- Mark

#626 3 years ago
Quoted from Ch4p3l:

Congrats on the purchase. It is only a matter of time until you own more playfields. Pulling the trigger on the $10K system is a big ask. But once you have the system in-house, the barrier on new games is so reasonable. You could buy Lexy (personally still my favorite P3 game) and CCR together for about the price of a Stern Pro. The CCR playfield comes with 2 very different versions of the game, and Nick's Ranger in the Ruins is a really fun mini game that's only $150.

So much value once you get over that initial purchase!

#627 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Congrats on the purchase. It is only a matter of time until you own more playfields. Pulling the trigger on the $10K system is a big ask. But once you have the system in-house, the barrier on new games is so reasonable. You could buy Lexy (personally still my favorite P3 game) and CCR together for about the price of a Stern Pro. The CCR playfield comes with 2 very different versions of the game, and Nick's Ranger in the Ruins is a really fun mini game that's only $150.
So much value once you get over that initial purchase!

And looking at the recent prices of JJP and Stern Premium/LE games, $10K isn’t even a huge stretch!

I Can’t wait to get Heist in the house. Another month or so until our space is ready. Thanks to Gerry and Stephen Silver for these great updates!

#628 3 years ago

A few questions for you guys. Are you using the system manager to level the game and get the right pitch? I asked because the pitch keeps oscillating between 5 and 6 on the machine, but when I use my level on the field, it is reading close to 7. I do have the back leg levelers raised some. Also I can't seem to get the crane calibration to work. I'll do the first part and on the second part get a green light . Then when it does the up and down fine tuning auto calibration afterwards I might get 1-2 of those several attempts that are green but otherwise red and won't pick up the ball in the final part.

#629 3 years ago
Quoted from Ch4p3l:

A few questions for you guys. Are you using the system manager to level the game and get the right pitch? I asked because the pitch keeps oscillating between 5 and 6 on the machine, but when I use my level on the field, it is reading close to 7. I do have the back leg levelers raised some. Also I can't seem to get the crane calibration to work. I'll do the first part and on the second part get a green light . Then when it does the up and down fine tuning auto calibration afterwards I might get 1-2 of those several attempts that are green but otherwise red and won't pick up the ball in the final part.

I’ve had a lot of issue with the crane calibration. I would have what seemed to be perfect calibration through the 1st 2 parts of the test and then have it fail the ball pick up for some reason and then you have to start over. I finally just wrote down the calibration settings that “seemed” like they should work, observed the crane action during gameplay and then manually tweaked the crane settings (not going through the calibration again) until I got everything dialed in. That seems to have resolved my issues for the most part.

#630 3 years ago
Quoted from Ch4p3l:

I'm having similar problems with my crane. I would enter a support ticket on their site so they can collect as much info as possible and create a more universal fix.

#631 3 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

I’ve had a lot of issue with the crane calibration. I would have what seemed to be perfect calibration through the 1st 2 parts of the test and then have it fail the ball pick up for some reason and then you have to start over. I finally just wrote down the calibration settings that “seemed” like they should work, observed the crane action during gameplay and then manually tweaked the crane settings (not going through the calibration again) until I got everything dialed in. That seems to have resolved my issues for the most part.

Finally got it dialed in. Took the crane top off and made sure everything in the crane was right. Went through calibration again and was noticing after the second part when it tried to fine tune that it wasn’t going back exactly where I had the crane aligned originally on the ball. The fine tuning part seemed to be going more to the right then what I had. So the next time I just got it aligned with the ball but with x axis number a little higher (more left). Did the trick and worked since.
Loving the game but man my scores suck. Hate to say it but may move those outlane posts up till I get better. Have to train my brain to use that upper flipper button.

#632 3 years ago
Quoted from Ch4p3l:

Finally got it dialed in. Took the crane top off and made sure everything in the crane was right. Went through calibration again and was noticing after the second part when it tried to fine tune that it wasn’t going back exactly where I had the crane aligned originally on the ball. The fine tuning part seemed to be going more to the right then what I had. So the next time I just got it aligned with the ball but with x axis number a little higher (more left). Did the trick and worked since.
Loving the game but man my scores suck. Hate to say it but may move those outlane posts up till I get better. Have to train my brain to use that upper flipper button.

So do you mean the calibration code might need to be adjusted a bit? or was there something physical keeping the fine tuning part from aligning correctly?

#633 3 years ago

Hard to say. I did take off the top of the crane to inspect but did not see anything off. Often I’d note that after moving the crane to a position about a second later it would move slightly. I think that movement was skewing the calibration.

#634 3 years ago
Quoted from Ch4p3l:

Hard to say. I did take off the top of the crane to inspect but did not see anything off. Often I’d note that after moving the crane to a position about a second later it would move slightly. I think that movement was skewing the calibration.

Yes, I always noticed the slight movement as well. I think the easiest way to address is to get it “close enough” during the calibration and then do micro adjustments in the actual crane settings without running the calibration again. I think you get much more accurate/less frustrating results.

#635 3 years ago

Stream tonight! Let's try out the beta Twitch-Connect features on Heist, live at 8 p.m. Eastern: http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

P3 (resized).pngP3 (resized).png
1 month later
#636 3 years ago

Finally got Heist in the house! (That's a half joke... the house wasn't ready for quite a while - it's still not, but I wanted to have it for Thanksgiving...) ... Also OMG heavy. First game I've had to get help with AND remove stuff from the cabinet. And I have a POTC!

Heist is really fun - the ramps are AWESOME. As has been noted, the playfield is packed. Wow. I have some really very minor suggestions/constructive criticisms about the game, but I'll keep them to myself for now. My son played for almost an hour this morning; that's an absolute badge of honor! He is into Beyblade and anime, and Xbox, but he latched right onto this game. Funny, he also really liked Dialed In, which the playfield sort of reminds me of.

Anyway, more to come after I get some work out of the way.

I'm very glad to have found you can change the flipper strength, as there certainly is a different feel to the game (perhaps it's the playfield plastic, or the flippers? I'm not sure). But increasing the pitch and the power seemed to play more like my other games, which I think is a good thing!

So the big question I've not found on here yet is: Do I/should I wax the game? Obviously the upper playfield area, but what about the area where the screen is? I don't want to screw anything up.

thanks!

#637 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Also OMG heavy. First game I've had to get help with AND remove stuff from the cabinet.

Congratulations - you survived P3 ownership initiation.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

So the big question I've not found on here yet is: Do I/should I wax the game? Obviously the upper playfield area, but what about the area where the screen is? I don't want to screw anything up.
thanks!

We've never put anything other than novus 2 on the polycarbonate sheet over the playfield LCD. After tens of thousands of plays it might show microscratches throughout and wear at the inlane dropoff points if you hold it up and inspect it closely, but during gameplay, the light from the LCD makes pretty much all wear invisible when the machine is on. Regardless, if you want to replace it after a few years, it's just a rectangular piece of 0.25" polycarbonate. You can get one from us or from your favorite plastics supplier for probably $50 or so. And I assume you now know that you can swap it in in just a few seconds.

- Gerry
https://www.multmorphic.com

#638 3 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

Congratulations - you survived P3 ownership initiation.

We've never put anything other than novus 2 on the polycarbonate sheet over the playfield LCD. After tens of thousands of plays it might show microscratches throughout and wear at the inlane dropoff points if you hold it up and inspect it closely, but during gameplay, the light from the LCD makes pretty much all wear invisible when the machine is on. Regardless, if you want to replace it after a few years, it's just a rectangular piece of 0.25" polycarbonate. You can get one from us or from your favorite plastics supplier for probably $50 or so. And I assume you now know that you can swap it in in just a few seconds.

- Gerry
https://www.multmorphic.com

Fantastic! Thanks for responding. This makes total sense. And yes.. oh yes I know how to take every piece out of the machine now. LOL. I am going to add connectors on the backbox so I can remove that if I ever need it to move up the stairs again...

#639 3 years ago

As a bingo person, my back hurts just thinking about this.

#640 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I am going to add connectors on the backbox so I can remove that if I ever need it to move up the stairs again...

What are you planning to add connectors to? All cables going into the backbox are point to point cables. Some might be ziptied to others for cleanliness, but everything is connectorized already. I think the only exception is the cabinet speaker cable, which is screwed into screw terminals on the amp.

- Gerry

#641 3 years ago

What are you planning to add connectors to? All cables going into the backbox are point to point cables. Some might be ziptied to others for cleanliness, but everything is connectorized already. I think the only exception is the subwoofer cable, which is screwed into screw terminals on the amp.
- Gerry

Maybe nothing, then! I was trying to balance out between removing the backbox and getting a friend to help me get it downstairs, and we ended up finding a faster way to do it than having to remove the backbox. My space at the bottom of the stairs is super tight, and a game with a folded down head can't make the turn. I usually bring games down our outside steps, but that's not possible right now because of the construction.

Anyway, off to play a quick game in between meetings!

#642 3 years ago

I’ve been playing a lot of Heist myself lately. I recently moved into a new home and it survived with no issues on start up luckily! I need to get it set up with the WIFI again but I’m still setting up the game room.
Yes this machine is HEAVY....destroys all my other pins in that category. I smartly removed the PF from it before moving it. I was able to lift it from the back side that way and install the back legs.
Glad I joined the club!

#643 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

I’ve been playing a lot of Heist myself lately. I recently moved into a new home and it survived with no issues on start up luckily! I need to get it set up with the WIFI again but I’m still setting up the game room.
Yes this machine is HEAVY....destroys all my other pins in that category. I smartly removed the PF from it before moving it. I was able to lift it from the back side that way and install the back legs.
Glad I joined the club!

Been playing quite a bit myself. Still trying to figure out the leveling - I am getting a LOT of SDTM. It's in a new room with newly poured concrete, so I'm sure it's not perfectly level.

I used the auto-level in the Settings app, but I think I didn't quite do it right... Still figuring out coil settings, made settings a bit easier so I could get past at least ONE mode.

I do think the timers are way too short. You have to be a master at the live catch to be able to get control quickly enough to actually finish the modes. Very cool that you can do the jailbreak multiball! 100 games in and I still haven't actually started that.

BTW What triggers the armored car? I am always caught off guard by that, and I can't get control of the ball fast enough.

#644 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Been playing quite a bit myself. Still trying to figure out the leveling - I am getting a LOT of SDTM. It's in a new room with newly poured concrete, so I'm sure it's not perfectly level.

The horsheshoe shot (inner loop) is heavily dependent on your game setup... left/right level and also the steepness of your machine (we recommend having all leg levelers at the same height). The shot is intentionally risky. A smooth shot should flow nicely to the opposite flipper. A clunky shot should have a probability of draining. If smooth shots are draining in your setup, check out the Heist technical resources on our support site for tips adjusting the ball rail.

https://www.multimorphic.com/support/projects/customer-support/wiki/Heist (click the link again after logging in).

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

BTW What triggers the armored car? I am always caught off guard by that, and I can't get control of the ball fast enough.

It enables after a few hits of the ATM targets. It's arrival time is based on a timer, and it'll only show up when no other mode is active.

- Gerry

#645 3 years ago

The horsheshoe shot (inner loop) is heavily dependent on your game setup... left/right level and also the steepness of your machine (we recommend having all leg levelers at the same height). The shot is intentionally risky. A smooth shot should flow nicely to the opposite flipper. A clunky shot should have a probability of draining. If smooth shots are draining in your setup, check out the Heist technical resources on our support site for tips adjusting the ball rail.
https://www.multimorphic.com/support/projects/customer-support/wiki/Heist (click the link again after logging in).

It enables after a few hits of the ATM targets. It's arrival time is based on a timer, and it'll only show up when no other mode is active.
- Gerry

Thanks Gerry! The horseshoe shot returns pretty well. Most of the drains I’m getting are from dumb shots to the jail, and a lot of lateral unexpected movement. The outlanes are like a magnet!

#646 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Thanks Gerry! The horseshoe shot returns pretty well. Most of the drains I’m getting are from dumb shots to the jail, and a lot of lateral unexpected movement. The outlanes are like a magnet!

So the P3 ships with the outlane posts wide open, which can be super tough. I recommend moving them to the center hole. Much more manageable there, but not a gimme save either.

So glad you are enjoying the game!

#647 3 years ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

So the P3 ships with the outlane posts wide open, which can be super tough. I recommend moving them to the center hole. Much more manageable there, but not a gimme save either.
So glad you are enjoying the game!

Ok Steve! If you're saying it's ok to do, I'm doing it!! LOL

I'm trying to get more games in, but I kid you not - EVERY time I turn it on one of my cats teleports to the glass. I've played 5 games in a row with a defender right up in my face playing man-to-man.

#648 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Ok Steve! If you're saying it's ok to do, I'm doing it!! LOL
I'm trying to get more games in, but I kid you not - EVERY time I turn it on one of my cats teleports to the glass. I've played 5 games in a row with a defender right up in my face playing man-to-man.

Sounds like a Hoopin it Up mod!

#649 3 years ago

The more I see of this game, the weaker my resolve to not buy a game I have not played in person becomes... Pinball conventions can't come back soon enough.

#650 3 years ago
Quoted from Lame33:

The more I see of this game, the weaker my resolve to not buy a game I have not played in person becomes... Pinball conventions can't come back soon enough.

Call gstellenberg and fix that.

Map (resized).pngMap (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Meriden, CT
$ 12.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

$ 20.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 862 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heist-revealed-by-multimorphic/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.