New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 264537)

Heist revealed by Multimorphic

By ThisNotes4U

8 months ago

Topic Stats

• 641 posts
  • 131 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by Rdoyle1978
  • Topic is favorited by 49 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Heist Multimorphic, 2020

Topic Gallery

There have been 72 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

P3 (resized).png
Heist_v0.8.1.0_-_UPFv0.9.6.1_HD (resized).jpg
B23B26E0-CDAB-4465-9F0C-86A5CAE46E91 (resized).jpeg
36A0D322-C25C-49AA-BA9C-8619ED6C2FBE (resized).jpeg
8D2C1382-8734-4E81-ADE4-F8A7A6341DEA (resized).jpeg
0B80DA11-BDEA-4A7B-B213-AF6CCC1A3A8F (resized).jpeg
PXL_20200820_221825183 (resized).jpg
2020-08-01 16.38.30 (resized).jpg
2020-08-01 16.37.22 (resized).jpg
2020-08-01 16.23.31 (resized).jpg
2020-08-01 16.20.39 (resized).jpg
2020-08-01 16.23.16 (resized).jpg
P3 Warranty HD R4 (resized).jpg
Heist_v0.8.0.2_-_UPFv0.9.4.0_HD_Glow (resized).jpg
Heist Cornteen special HD R2 (resized).jpg
726B6FD3-514B-49FD-B01E-7C2458C34FE2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 641 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 13.
#551 3 months ago

Develop a game for preschoolers, elementary, special ED to learn basic skills. Imagine the possibilities. (especially if you are homeschooling)

I'm sure Gerry is already working on it. Better learning through pinball.

#552 3 months ago
Quoted from ThisNotes4U:

I'm sure Gerry is already working on it.

Honestly; I hope not.
Multimorphic resources need to be spent on the a killer theme like R&M so the P3 becomes the title to have.
A game like you describe would have limited resale and volume appeal; which would be a very bad idea (IMHO) for young company like Multimorphic.

Personally; a group of experts in those areas would be better suited to do such a title as a 3rd party game.

#553 3 months ago

Well said Zitt. But a ABC's 123 game could be a simple add-on.
It's great to see a company that listens, right?

#554 3 months ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Honestly; I hope not.
Multimorphic resources need to be spent on the a killer theme like R&M so the P3 becomes the title to have.
A game like you describe would have limited resale and volume appeal; which would be a very bad idea (IMHO) for young company like Multimorphic.
Personally; a group of experts in those areas would be better suited to do such a title as a 3rd party game.

The building blocks are already there. The P3 has a pretty damn good dev kit - using the Cannon Lagoon module, a pretty good straight forward learning / younger kid game could be easily developed by a 3rd party. Hell, “Ranger in the Ruins” basically got built to a workable state in about 3 weeks

#555 3 months ago

This is the beauty of the system, you can have games targeted at specific demographics. If thisnotes4u has an interest in educational games, he/she could get together with a couple of friends and develop a game. It could be a software only game, or use the Cannon Lagoon module or they could even build their own custom upper-playfield relatively easily. There's no way a game for small children would ever be developed by a "single-game" pinball company.

#556 3 months ago

You guys area making my point for me. As I stated; I don't want Multimorphic spending resources on such a game... but beleive "experts" or "interested" third parties should.

#557 3 months ago
Quoted from Zitt:

You guys area making my point for me. As I stated; I don't want Multimorphic spending resources on such a game... but beleive "experts" or "interested" third parties should.

Here is something Multimorphic could do with a very small investment: Offer an option in existing games for one handed play. So people with use of only one hand could access every P3 game.

- Mark

#558 3 months ago
Quoted from Shaker:

Here is something Multimorphic could do with a very small investment: Offer an option in existing games for one handed play. So people with use of only one hand could access every P3 game.
- Mark

Isn't that already in there?

#559 3 months ago
Quoted from Shaker:

- Mark

Check. Done. Next idea!

#560 3 months ago

That's another thing they are good at. FAST!!!

#561 3 months ago
Quoted from Shaker:

- Mark

It’s already implemented. Gerry ( gstellenberg ) announced it a month ago: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/accessibility-feature-on-the-p3-one-handed-play

#562 3 months ago

Hah - yes. In each game, go into game settings -> Mechs -> Switches -> Use alternate flipper buttons. That'll enable one-handed play.

I think the only one needing aa software tweak is Heist, as the right white button would then control the lower left flipper AND the upper right flipper, making it tough to not block right loop shots.

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

#563 3 months ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

Hah - yes. In each game, go into game settings -> Mechs -> Switches -> Use alternate flipper buttons. That'll enable one-handed play.
I think the only one needing aa software tweak is Heist, as the right white button would then control the lower left flipper AND the upper right flipper, making it tough to not block right loop shots.
- Gerry

Hey Gerry - just a general question about this. Sometimes the 2 flippers stacked and the upper blocking a backhand shot from the lower can game harder, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Can you turn it off and control both flippers from one button in settings?

also, a sidebar question: are buttons pressure-sensitive in the sense that a harder push will adjust velocity of the flipper?

#564 3 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

are buttons pressure-sensitive in the sense that a harder push will adjust velocity of the flipper?

No. Physically there is one switch per button. That switch is either on or off.

I’m sure the devs could come up with software shenanigans galore about what to do with those inputs.

#565 3 months ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

I’m sure the devs could come up with software shenanigans galore about what to do with those inputs.

is this answer with regard to the P3 or in general?

#566 3 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

P3.

#567 3 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Hey Gerry - just a general question about this. Sometimes the 2 flippers stacked and the upper blocking a backhand shot from the lower can game harder, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Can you turn it off and control both flippers from one button in settings?

There currently aren't any flipper button variation settings other than the one to enable one-handed play. To keep consistent with having individual buttons for each flipper, we'll probably switch to using the yellow button to control the opposite flipper and leaving the white one as the upper flipper control.

We haven't [yet?] added any other settings to control multiple flippers from the same button.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

also, a sidebar question: are buttons pressure-sensitive in the sense that a harder push will adjust velocity of the flipper?

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I don't know of any pinball machines with pressure sensitive buttons that control flipper velocity or any machines with pressure sensitive buttons at all, for that matter. Controlling strength would be more interesting, but I'd prefer to reward people who can control quick flips rather than people would can push the button half way in.

Many games have switch stacks on the flipper buttons. Our current button boxes only have single leafs per switch, but button boxes are modular...

- Gerry

#568 3 months ago

It’s already implemented. Gerry ( gstellenberg ) announced it a month ago: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/accessibility-feature-on-the-p3-one-handed-play

I should have known that Gerry would beat me to that idea!

- Mark

#569 3 months ago

There currently aren't any flipper button variation settings other than the one to enable one-handed play. To keep consistent with having individual buttons for each flipper, we'll probably switch to using the yellow button to control the opposite flipper and leaving the white one as the upper flipper control.
We haven't [yet?] added any other settings to control multiple flippers from the same button.

I don't know of any pinball machines with pressure sensitive buttons that control flipper velocity or any machines with pressure sensitive buttons at all, for that matter. Controlling strength would be more interesting, but I'd prefer to reward people who can control quick flips rather than people would can push the button half way in.
Many games have switch stacks on the flipper buttons. Our current button boxes only have single leafs per switch, but button boxes are modular...
- Gerry

Very interesting - Thanks for the explanation!

#570 3 months ago

...but button boxes are modular...
- Gerry

Yea, that's your answer to everything.

#571 3 months ago

I like that the Cannon Lagoon button boxes have a massive button befitting one used to launch cannon balls.

#572 3 months ago

I recently joined the club last week...ended up with a HEIST/CCR combo. As one stated these machines are heavy! I lift a pin from the back side from the ground to put its legs in but I needed to wedge my P3 to get weight up underneath it.
Both games are fast and fun....with beautiful displays , many options, WiFi connectivity, and tons of modular surprises.
I can’t wait to add the final version of RITR to my CCR PF as well
Oh and customer service is GOLDEN. Thanks MultiMorphic!!

36A0D322-C25C-49AA-BA9C-8619ED6C2FBE (resized).jpeg8D2C1382-8734-4E81-ADE4-F8A7A6341DEA (resized).jpeg
#573 3 months ago

Looks heavy, means solid. Find a solid footprint for the next six years and just spay playfield, you knew that prob.

People: stop teasing me please. I'm 4 grand away from purchase price right now.

#574 3 months ago

Switched out my flipper rubber to red for all 3 flippers, and it has changed the game for me. I was having a hard time seeing the upper flipper with the black rubber. With the red rubber, I can time the upper flipper shots better times 1000.

1 week later
#575 89 days ago

Curious if there are any settings to change flipper strength and if anyone has toyed with increasing the flipper strength yet? Maybe I’m just too used to the hyper strength of Stern flippers but I’d love to try the game with a little more snap to the flippers.

#576 89 days ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

Curious if there are any settings to change flipper strength and if anyone has toyed with increasing the flipper strength yet? Maybe I’m just too used to the hyper strength of Stern flippers but I’d love to try the game with a little more snap to the flippers.

Yes, you can change the flipper strength in the setting menu for the game. Open the coin door and press launch. Choose settings, mechs, coils. I bumped mine up a couple notches, and its a completely different game.

You have to do this while Heist is loaded, as each game has its own settings.

#577 89 days ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Yes, you can change the flipper strength in the setting menu for the game. Open the coin door and press launch. Choose settings, mechs, coils. I bumped mine up a couple notches, and its a completely different game.
You have to do this while Heist is loaded, as each game has its own settings.

Interesting, I’ll definitely have to play around with that. Thanks!

#578 89 days ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

Interesting, I’ll definitely have to play around with that. Thanks!

Wow, even after just 2 games it definitely makes a big difference. You’re absolutely right, it almost plays like a different game. Definitely recommend people play around with the flipper strength settings, especially if you’re used to Stern flippers.

#579 89 days ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

Wow, even after just 2 games it definitely makes a big difference. You’re absolutely right, it almost plays like a different game. Definitely recommend people play around with the flipper strength settings, especially if you’re used to Stern flippers.

Yep, i was disappointed until I did that. Now, I can't stop playing.

#580 89 days ago

I’m curious, what flipper settings did you guys settle on for your heists?

#581 89 days ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

I’m curious, what flipper settings did you guys settle on for your heists?

I am at 25. I believe it came from the factory at 24, i had it as high as 27, but thought that would implode my machine. 25 is the Goldilocks number here.

#582 88 days ago

I currently have the Cosmic Cart Racing playfield in mine but I played with the flipper power a bit yesterday after reading this. It defaulted to 24 so I bumped it up to 26, which was giving me airballs off the standups. I knocked it down one after that and I agree that 25 seems to be "just right."

#583 88 days ago

In one of Gerry's Heist streams, I noticed that he could backhand the right ramp, something that I could not do with the default flipper strength setting.

I cranked my Heist lower flippers to 28.

This allowed me to make those backhands from a cradled ball.

- Mark

#584 88 days ago

I think I settled on 28 as well. Game just feels much more responsive. I think the ball feels more like it's gliding on the default settings rather than shooting

#585 88 days ago

What do you guys think of the default high scores?

Are they motivation or just cruelty?

I play 5 ball and I didn't get on the high score table until my 649th game with a score of about 17,500,000.

- Mark

#586 88 days ago
Quoted from Shaker:

This allowed me to make those backhands from a cradled ball.

I have my flippers on default and make that shot all the time - I find it to be one of the safer shots on the playfield, so start hacker and crane multiball very frequently.

Quoted from Shaker:

Definitely cruel.

#587 88 days ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

I have my flippers on default and make that shot all the time - I find it to be one of the safer shots on the playfield, so start hacker and crane multiball very frequently.

No 2 machines are exactly the same. For anyone who can't backhand both ramps, I recommend upping the flipper strength until you can.

- Mark

#588 88 days ago
Quoted from Shaker:

No 2 machines are exactly the same. For anyone who can't backhand both ramps, I recommend upping the flipper strength until you can.

Machine setups and line voltage, yeah. Line voltage won't affect things as much with regulating power supplies versus unregulated ones you find in older games, but it still has an affect on your coil power. Also, the P3 is designed to be at the desired incline with all 4 leg levelers at the same height. If anybody's raised the back end higher, then they'll want to bump the strength up a bit. 24 lets us backhand the ramps fairly easily at the factory.

Quoted from Shaker:

What do you guys think of the default high scores?
I play 5 ball and I didn't get on the high score table until my 649th game with a score of about 17,500,000.

Hah - they're not super high on purpose. Scores were higher in early dev, but the high score defaults didn't get adjusted down before release. If you want, you can always reset the high scores to 0 (Service mode -> Statistics -> Clear high scores, as opposed to Service mode -> Statistics -> Reset scores to defaults). We'll likely lower the defaults in the next release (as part of any scoring changes were making), so you can reset them to defaults then.

- Gerry

#589 88 days ago
Quoted from Shaker:

he could backhand the right ramp, something that I could not do with the default flipper strength setting.

You could check the flipper bands. I’ve seen them rub on the plate at the back end of the bat. If that happens they’ll cause a little bit of drag.

#590 88 days ago

I had no idea the P3 was designed to have both legs at the same height. This is the reason I can barely get the captive ball shot on CCR to register to the back target.
Good to know!!

#591 88 days ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

I had no idea the P3 was designed to have both legs at the same height. This is the reason I can barely get the captive ball shot on CCR to register to the back target.
Good to know!!

There's a blurb in the quick start guide about it, but that's easy to miss. Most modern pinball machines suggest putting your playfield at something near 6.5 degrees. The P3's playfield is at 6.5 degrees with the levelers all the same

- Gerry

#592 87 days ago

kevinbuffalo Hey Kev, what lift cart did you use in the Heist unboxing video? gstellenberg how heavy IS this thing!?

#593 87 days ago

P3 with Heist is about 360lbs

#594 87 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

kevinbuffalo Hey Kev, what lift cart did you use in the Heist unboxing video? gstellenberg how heavy IS this thing!?

I used a Harbor Freight lift cart. Highly recommended!

#595 87 days ago
Quoted from tjw998:

P3 with Heist is about 360lbs

GEEZ! just BARELY lighter than POTC. whew my back! Ok, off to Harbor Freight...

#596 87 days ago

on now!

B23B26E0-CDAB-4465-9F0C-86A5CAE46E91 (resized).jpeg
#599 87 days ago

gstellenberg Hi Gerry, was wondering if you could provide some input on flipper strength. Is it at all detrimental to run the flippers at max strength (30)? I'm thinking in terms of the coils overheating especially. I tried a quick test game with the flippers maxed and really like the pop it gives. Don't want to do anything that would have long term negative effects though. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

#600 87 days ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

Is it at all detrimental to run the flippers at max strength (30)? I'm thinking in terms of the coils overheating especially. I tried a quick test game with the flippers maxed and really like the pop it gives. Don't want to do anything that would have long term negative effects though. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

If they get too hot, they'll just get a bit weaker. So you can just try and see on that. Super strong flippers increase the risk of airballs, smacking into and breaking things, and possibly bending target brackets (those possibilities are true of all games, not just the P3). We recommend making them strong enough to comfortably backhand the ramps, but not so strong that any airball might damage something.

- Gerry

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 17.50
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 9.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 289.00
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 259.99
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creo Pinball
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
$ 189.99
$ 53.00
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
There are 641 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 13.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside