Heist-Update_HD_V3 (resized).jpg
F9759C57-28C7-4028-A4AC-48E1F9698091 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8139 (resized).jpg
8ECE6551-B1FC-438A-B117-EFDD11722245_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
7F0C41B6-5198-4EB7-A673-DCA264582295_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
57C8A65A-1DA0-4D8A-8D66-D87153D184CC_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
22F47281-AEB4-49E9-9668-5E45E3087EF7_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 862 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 18.
#501 3 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

Code Update!
A new version of Heist (v0.8.0.2) is available for download from your account page on www.multimorphic.com. This version includes the Multimorphic "Feature Menu" and includes player profile support for customized player settings, co-op play, and save/restore game state. It also include the option for pairing and connecting to bluetooth headphones, if enabled in the operator settings (bluetooth adapter required). This release also includes a number of bug fixes and behavioral changes.
Not included in this release are any scoring tweaks. We're currently performing a scoring audit and will implement changes based on that audit in the next release.
Game: v0.8.0.2*
Module Driver: v0.9.4.0*
*Please update both
Also:
System Manager: v2.0.1.6
Diagnostics: v2.1.0.2 (for use with v0.9.4.0 Heist module driver. Leave older Diagnostics versions installed for other playfields for now.)
Heist change log:
- Added feature menu
- Added player profile support
- Added Bluetooth headphone support
- Added Button legends
- Two-character jailbreak audio corrected
- Achieving multiball now extends time for in-progress character mode
- Crane calibration less sensitive to ball movement in pickup position
- Coin door behaviour no longer affected by crane calibration
- Repeated crane calibrations allowed
- Residual shot sound changed from heartbeat to whoosh
- Fixed issue where Multiball would change expected ball count before a ball had finished leaving the playfield, resulting in an erroneous add-a-ball
- Settings Editor re-skin
- Side job completion gives more light, sound and popup feedback
- Improved Mastermind Multiball add-a-ball and stacked multiball handling when draining down to one ball but still in Mastermind restart grace period
- Start launch ball save based on actual launch location, not initial launch request location. This provides appropriate ball saves when backup launch locations are used.
- Start launch ball save when launch is verified, not when requested.
- Added launcher setting to disable autosave launches from app without changing user-configurable attribute
- Fixed issue where finishing an "escape" multiball with two balls in play would also end stacked traditional multiballs. Stacked multiball now continues with two balls in play after escape
- Fixed issue with simultaneous start of Safecracker and Police Multiball where multiball intro would not proceed normally if safecracker intro was cancelled with double-flip
- Fixed issue where Cat Burglar escape multiball would incorrectly end in failure when draining down to two balls in some stacked multiball combinations
- Improved outer loop servo behavior when diverting balls into the pop area in some modes
Heist Module Driver change log:
0.9.4.0:
- Default outer loop diverter to left to block the hole
- Hid a number of obselete settings
- Swapped Lock and Storage & Key LEDs to match production playfields
- Updated dependency libraries to work with latest app
- Changed default diverter texts in module-specific diags screen
Please send feedback to [email protected]. We will also monitor this thread for additional requests and issue reports.
- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com
[quoted image]

Can't wait for my game to arrive to try this update! Features look great.

#502 3 years ago

Downloading now. Can't wait to try this after work

#503 3 years ago

Quick reminder for those of you considering buying a new P3...

Along with the machine, the games, and all of the innovations comes an industry-leading warranty. We've got your back.

- Gerry

P3 Warranty HD R4 (resized).jpgP3 Warranty HD R4 (resized).jpg
#504 3 years ago

Where stream with lastest code?

#505 3 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Where stream with lastest code?

I’ll be streaming it on Monday at 8 Eastern: http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

#506 3 years ago

Make the P3 $7k and it might gain a following. I would consider this platform a kickstarter type approach to pinball. It has great potential and I know they have been trying to gain traction for years now but it needs to look more appealing to those considering a premium Stern or JJP. It’s a travesty that this game has so few owners it can’t even get rated after months.

#507 3 years ago
Quoted from Gtrefraction:

Make the P3 $7k and it might gain a following. I would consider this platform a kickstarter type approach to pinball. It has great potential and I know they have been trying to gain traction for years now but it needs to look more appealing to those considering a premium Stern or JJP. It’s a travesty that this game has so few owners it can’t even get rated after months.

New prem sterns are In the $7k zone.. And aren’t JJPs also in the $8-10k zone? And they seem to price creep every year?For single games?? While it would be amazing if the base P3 was $7k, you’re buying a whole platform not a single game so there’s really no comparison in that sense. You have to factor in the platform investment and then quickly realize cost savings with additional modules.

..not to mention that stern is basically doing a rinse and repeat vs a company that engineered (And continues to pioneer new concepts) a totally new experience from the ground up.. pricing seems pretty damn reasonable (albeit at higher end of new pinball). I think if stern had attempted the same thing, it would be $15-20k base and not nearly as well designed for serviceability. If JJP did it, they probably wouldNt have been able to launch it after sinking a ton of $$ and needing to charge $25k base to break even.

It’s a niche market but seems to be growing.

#508 3 years ago

There is already a loyal and growing group of owners, especially with Heist that is a major commercial step forward and has a 5-6 week backlog. And they are in no position to sell thousands of units at Stern Premium Pricing. Beyond being a visionary and obviously exceptional engineer, Gerry also seems like an astute business person who is realistic about what is required to change the paradigm in a niche market that has changed very little in 50 years. Being enamored with growth and volume is the downfall of many startups. Most of the companies that seem to have taken off over night have actually been working their asses off to learn and grow for years if not decades.

#509 3 years ago

Stern Premiums are approaching $8000, the current price is fine I think. I think Heist was/is an attention getter and gets a lot of people on the fence for a purchase. If their next game is to the same quality and/or even better I think you really start to see mass adoption. Then you’re looking at $12,500 for 2 excellent games and the value proposition really starts to make sense. I think Lexi and CCR look like fun games and probably must buys for a lot of current P3 owners due to how cheap they are but they are probably not driving new sales. I’m really excited for once Multimorphic gets on a yearly release schedule. I’d also love to see one of the smaller time guys like Riot Pinball develop a game for the platform.

#510 3 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

I’ll be streaming it on Monday at 8 Eastern: http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

Kevin;

If you haven't already: Could/would you stream an under-the-hood look at the P3?

The build quality. (metal back box parts, plywood bottom, general over engineering)
The track system for playfield maintenance.
Removing the flipper module for maintenance.
The built-in GI and VUKs.

That might help people understand that the initial cost is a great long term investment (in fun).

- Mark

#511 3 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

Stern Premiums are approaching $8000, the current price is fine I think. I think Heist was/is an attention getter and gets a lot of people on the fence for a purchase. If their next game is to the same quality and/or even better I think you really start to see mass adoption. Then you’re looking at $12,500 for 2 excellent games and the value proposition really starts to make sense. I think Lexi and CCR look like fun games and probably must buys for a lot of current P3 owners due to how cheap they are but they are probably not driving new sales. I’m really excited for once Multimorphic gets on a yearly release schedule. I’d also love to see one of the smaller time guys like Riot Pinball develop a game for the platform.

This is exactly how I felt. Heist pushed me over the edge after looking for a long time at P3. I haven’t gone all the way yet as we are renovating the house and I didn’t want yet another game to have to just sit packed up, but it will be in the house soon.

I just bought an Elvira LE last year for basically the same price. Now that’s a little unfair, as IMO that game is light years beyond Stern’s other recent offerings (JP2 good as well), but now that I’ve broken the seal, so to speak, it is a no brainer to get the other games.

After that, I think CCR will be making a visit to the house, and probably eventually Lexy. Heist reminded me of Dialed In - a game I really loved owning - in a way (probably the city setting), but the storyline and the crane are way cooler IMO.

#512 3 years ago

I updated the new code on Heist last night and it is fantastic. Great improvements and so much fun.
Thanks, Gerry.

#513 3 years ago
Quoted from Shaker:

Kevin;
If you haven't already: Could/would you stream an under-the-hood look at the P3?
The build quality. (metal back box parts, plywood bottom, general over engineering)
The track system for playfield maintenance.
Removing the flipper module for maintenance.
The built-in GI and VUKs.
That might help people understand that the initial cost is a great long term investment (in fun).
- Mark

I did do a "playfield swap" video (this was a mid-stream highlight where I went from CCR to Lexy):

As for the other stuff, Multimorphic has a good playlist of videos showing all that off:

#514 3 years ago

As for the other stuff, Multimorphic has a good playlist of videos showing all that off:

Understood, but those videos are how-to's for owners, not promotional.

- Mark

#515 3 years ago

One thing no one mentions (and makes a big impact to me in Australia) is the shipping costs. Shipping a whole pinball machine from the States is expensive and let's not even go into the Customs/taxes etc. I save thousands of dollars less shipping a playfield module compared to bringing across a whole machine. And it gets sent air rather than sea as well

#516 3 years ago
Quoted from mjfisher:

I save thousands of dollars less shipping a playfield module compared to bringing across a whole machine. And it gets sent air rather than sea as well

Good call, Mick. The size also makes them easier to manufacture, test, and store. Here are a few shots of a new batch of playfields getting ready for final test and QA (and part of a wall assembly too).

- Gerry

2020-08-01 16.20.39 (resized).jpg2020-08-01 16.20.39 (resized).jpg2020-08-01 16.23.16 (resized).jpg2020-08-01 16.23.16 (resized).jpg2020-08-01 16.23.31 (resized).jpg2020-08-01 16.23.31 (resized).jpg2020-08-01 16.37.22 (resized).jpg2020-08-01 16.37.22 (resized).jpg2020-08-01 16.38.30 (resized).jpg2020-08-01 16.38.30 (resized).jpg
#517 3 years ago

Good call, Mick. The size also makes them easier to manufacture, test, and store. Here are a few shots of a new batch of playfields getting ready for final test and QA (and part of a wall assembly too).
- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Every time I see that playfield it makes me smile. Even without the crane we packed so much into this game. Look at that world under glass! The engineering cleverness that is hidden inside those buildings to enable all the pinball trickery we do is my favorite part! Even without the crane this playfield is an absolute joy to shoot! It doesn't hurt that we also included the most versatile interactive toy ever in a pinball machine as well, creating an unprecedented variety of moving short shots and ball knock-off opportunities! This team is the best!

#518 3 years ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

Every time I see that playfield it makes me smile. Even without the crane we packed so much into this game. Look at that world under glass! The engineering cleverness that is hidden inside those buildings to enable all the pinball trickery we do is my favorite part! Even without the crane this playfield is an absolute joy to shoot! It doesn't hurt that we also included the most versatile interactive toy ever in a pinball machine as well, creating an unprecedented variety of moving short shots and ball knock-off opportunities! This team is the best!

Agreed!

Now do it again. :-p

- Mark

#519 3 years ago

Make the P3 $7k and it might gain a following.

Downvoted because I assume you haven't actually looked at a P3 in any detail.
The amount of engineering and custom parts in this machine are easily 2x to 3x what's in any modern pinball game.
The economies of scale and the bom cost of this machine would make it impossible to reach the 7k price point. Maybe if we were ordering 10,000s of these machines as consumers... but not in the current COViD climate.

#520 3 years ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

It really is MILES beyond a lot of other recent games, and certainly beyond something like Cannon Lagoon (not that I’m knocking CL). That really looks packed!

#521 3 years ago

Gerry joined me at the start of the stream to talk through what's new in Heist (and a bit of what's to come), followed by a whole bunch of gameplay and my best game to date of ~14 million: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/699608759?t=00h05m34s

#522 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It really is MILES beyond a lot of other recent games, and certainly beyond something like Cannon Lagoon (not that I’m knocking CL). That really looks packed!

Cannon Lagoon-based games are the only ones I've ever seen make non-pinheads smile... and it makes almost ALL of them smile. It's a crazy thing. I've told this story before, but when I walk around the floor at a pinball show, I see nobody smiling when playing games... we're all really serious when we play pinball. Then I walk around P3s running Cannon Lagoon (with Cannon Lagoon, Grand Slam Rally, or Heads Up software), see a group of kids or non-pinheads playing, and they're literally all smiling.

Nobody would build a full pinball machine for the Cannon Lagoon playfield, but it's a great addition to a P3, especially if you've got kids or friends who don't like traditional pinball.

- Gerry

#523 3 years ago

Gerry joined me at the start of the stream to talk through what's new in Heist (and a bit of what's to come), followed by a whole bunch of gameplay and my best game to date of ~14 million: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/699608759?t=00h05m34s

Thanks for streaming, Kevin! I clipped your amazing armored car shot!

https://clips.twitch.tv/ModernDependableMooseRuleFive

- Gerry

#524 3 years ago

Here's my game of the night from last night:

#525 3 years ago

Gerry;

Thank you and the Heist team for seriously considering my feedback on Heist, no matter how minor or nitpicky.

For example:

I found the original gold border indicating that a character had been recruited a bit to subtle and hard to see: The border is now larger and has rays.

I found the heartbeat sound for an unlit shot annoying: It has been replaced with a whosh. (Let's call it a wiff, as in "a swing and a miss". )

Giving serious consideration to even minor "issues" such as these, shows true dedication to your customers, and to makeing your games a great as they can possibly be.

- Mark

#526 3 years ago

I heard on the Buffalo Pinball podcast that there’s now a 3-month lead time for games! That gives us enough time to finish the house (er... I hope!) and get the new space for this game. Very psyched!

#527 3 years ago

With the new profile system being implemented, wondering if there is a way we can have lifetime stats? I know that the game has audits, can we tie those audits to a profile in a fun way? Lifetime average score? Multiballs started lifetime? I think this would be really fun for stat nerds.

1 week later
#528 3 years ago

Gerry, what are your sales plan for Europe, especially for Germany, which should be a major market for you. I understand that RS Pinball in Austria is importing your games. What about Germany? Any chance to play your games here?

#529 3 years ago

I'm curious about the current backlog - a couple months still? Really psyched about getting into P3

#530 3 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

Gerry, what are your sales plan for Europe, especially for Germany, which should be a major market for you. I understand that RS Pinball in Austria is importing your games. What about Germany? Any chance to play your games here?

We're in discussions with a few people to get better reach, but nothing's confirmed yet. We'd certainly love to get more machines to more people in Europe! Feel free to PM me if you (and/or others you know) are interested. The more data we have, the better the discussions go.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I'm curious about the current backlog - a couple months still? Really psyched about getting into P3

So far my recent estimates have been really good, and any time I've been wrong, we've shipped a week or so early. New orders are still at about 3 months, and existing orders are progressing through the queue on schedule. Sincere thanks for your patience and your support!

- Gerry

#531 3 years ago

We're in discussions with a few people to get better reach, but nothing's confirmed yet. We'd certainly love to get more machines to more people in Europe! Feel free to PM me if you (and/or others you know) are interested. The more data we have, the better the discussions go.

So far my recent estimates have been really good, and any time I've been wrong, we've shipped a week or so early. New orders are still at about 3 months, and existing orders are progressing through the queue on schedule. Sincere thanks for your patience and your support!
- Gerry

I got my $$ ready Gerry !!

#532 3 years ago

I must confess I am now tempted by the full bundle.
Unfortunately there is no price in euro announced by the Austrian reseller on his website.
Could be fun to drive there to collect a game (over 10h from Paris) but I'd definitely prefer a closer option...

#533 3 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

I must confess I am now tempted by the full bundle.
Unfortunately there is no price in euro announced by the Austrian reseller on his website.
Could be fun to drive there to collect a game (over 10h from Paris) but I'd definitely prefer a closer option...

10H isn’t THAT bad for the most innovative platform available... plus you get to drive through Germany!

#534 3 years ago

My P3 with Heist is shipping tommorow!!! Can't wait.

#535 3 years ago

Which Heist character is your favorite and why?

I like the hacker because that is the one mode that I have the best shot at a Perfect Crime.

#536 3 years ago
Quoted from tjw998:

Which Heist character is your favorite and why?
I like the hacker because that is the one mode that I have the best shot at a Perfect Crime.

I always find it super satisfying to pull off the final scoop shot on Wheelman -- left ramp, hold flipper up to pass it over to the right, fire it into the scoop -- bam!

#537 3 years ago

Safecracker is mine - alternating inner loops is fun and I enjoy seeing how fast I can make that spinner fly!

#538 3 years ago

I don't know about a favorite, but I love the way the video and ball launch timing tie together in Cat Burglar's intro.

- Gerry

#539 3 years ago

Look what showed up today! This beast is heavy!

PXL_20200820_221825183 (resized).jpgPXL_20200820_221825183 (resized).jpg
#540 3 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Look what showed up today! This beast is heavy!
[quoted image]

I have Big Buck next to my P3 too. Approved!

0B80DA11-BDEA-4A7B-B213-AF6CCC1A3A8F (resized).jpeg0B80DA11-BDEA-4A7B-B213-AF6CCC1A3A8F (resized).jpeg
#541 3 years ago

I have Big Buck next to my P3 too. Approved!
[quoted image]

Awesome!

Hey Kevin, do you recommend CCR or Lexy for my 2nd game?

#542 3 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Awesome!

Hmm tough question. I went with CCR as my second playfield for a couple reasons:

1. I hadn't played it since the inital release of the game so I wanted to check out everything that had been added since then, including CCR 2.0.

2. The online play was a big draw. It's fun to have an option for casual competition during the pandemic.

3. I had played Lexy a lot when I had the loaner P3 a few years ago, so getting the game I didn't have as much playtime on was more appealing.

4. I knew Ranger in the Ruins was in development and that uses the CCR playfield and I wanted to check that out.

That said, I do eventually plan to get Lexy as I like the game a lot and stuff like Secret Agent Showdown expands the appeal of that playfield too. It's more "traditional" than CCR, I think. It just really depends what you're looking for I suppose.

Sorry for not helping

#543 3 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Awesome!

Hmm tough question. I went with CCR as my second playfield for a couple reasons:
1. I hadn't played it since the inital release of the game so I wanted to check out everything that had been added since then, including CCR 2.0.
2. The online play was a big draw. It's fun to have an option for casual competition during the pandemic.
3. I had played Lexy a lot when I had the loaner P3 a few years ago, so getting the game I didn't have as much playtime on was more appealing.
4. I knew Ranger in the Ruins was in development and that uses the CCR playfield and I wanted to check that out.
That said, I do eventually plan to get Lexy as I like the game a lot and stuff like Secret Agent Showdown expands the appeal of that playfield too. It's more "traditional" than CCR, I think. It just really depends what you're looking for I suppose.
Sorry for not helping

Not that you asked me, but I'll chime in. I really like CCR 2.0, the career mode escalates the playfield beyond the initial 1.0 race-only version. I don't know a lot about Ranger in the Ruins yet, but it's certainly a value-add for that playfield.

All that said, I think Lexy is HUGELY underrated. Most non-P3 people kinda dog on the game, but I think that's because it was initially released in a premature state (so some people soured on it before it got polished) and it came out as the first P3 game and so many people were in full "I don't like virtual pinball" mode back then. People didn't understand the P3 at all back in the day. Lexy has really diverse modes, great voice acting, an 8-ball physical lock multiball, a separate multiball that's similar to strobe MB in AFM, etc. I like it a lot more than CCR, but they're both cool.

If you like more traditional, mode based games, then I would definitely recommend Lexy. If you want something without traditional modes, that has amazing flow, and you prioritize getting something totally different for diversity's sake, then I'd recommend CCR.

#544 3 years ago

I wish I knew of a P3 I could see and play near me. Is there any way of locating an owner or business near me so that I can learn more?

#545 3 years ago

Cheeks and KevInBuffalo

Thanks guys! Super interesting insights. Telling myself I am going to wait a bit to get a 2nd playfield, but I think we all know that won't happen...

#546 3 years ago

I remember now starting this thread. Such a huge fan and saw it on news feed. I can hear young kids in the future mention "remember old pinball?" Dad played that a lot, so lame.

#547 3 years ago
Quoted from ThisNotes4U:

I remember now starting this thread. Such a huge fan and saw it on news feed. I can hear young kids in the future mention "remember old pinball?" Dad played that a lot, so lame.

I have 2 girls, aged 6 and 3. Games come and go from here ALL THE TIME. This is the first game that they have both wanted to play nonstop since it arrived. Way to go Multimorphic!

#548 3 years ago

When kids love a game you can just tell. Someday they can tell there kids about pinball evolution. I'm getting ready to order

#549 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

I wish I knew of a P3 I could see and play near me. Is there any way of locating an owner or business near me so that I can learn more?

Your Pinside avatar has your location hidden. You will need to change that in your personal settings. If you do that, one of us might be able to invite you over.

#550 3 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

I have 2 girls, aged 6 and 3. Games come and go from here ALL THE TIME. This is the first game that they have both wanted to play nonstop since it arrived. Way to go Multimorphic!

#cannon_lagoon seems like a perfect match for that demographic. Barnyard also a great option.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Meriden, CT
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 862 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heist-revealed-by-multimorphic/page/11?hl=gtrefraction and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.