Capture.jpg
Logo1-vert.jpg
Alien-LB.jpg
aliens-poster-2.jpg
baffle_ball_poster.jpg
bacardi_machine.jpg
assembly_area.jpg
pinsound_display.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider waddlejrjr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#133 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

$1000 is a sizable amount to make up for the 2 locations we have and our town in general (I wish they brought in more and we could just buy every new game that comes out). I am comparing your standard to a Stern pro becuase they both take up the same amount of floor space and those are the cheapest available models offered for either company. If I want a new game to put on route, my current options are a Stern (pro, prem, or LE) or Heighway it seems currently.
Stern LE is out because it costs so much
Premium is out becuase it also costs more and you can't get it quickly once delivery starts >> our players like the next new thing so no reason to pay more and wait for a premium that will take way longer to pay off.
It seems to me you are trying to compete with Stern and that is great!
However, it is a BIG hurdle when the only option is your standard model which costs ~2k more delivered than what a Stern pro can be found for.
I do like the idea of your kit, but again that means I still only have 1 game earning money and now I am sitting at around 10.5k (one full game and one kit in waiting). When I can get any 2 Stern Pros that will undoubtedly make more than any 1 game (no matter how awesom it is) then I am left with little choice.
I would love to be able to support you, but am not sure how the numbers can add up in my situation. I really wish there was a way to make the math work?
DO you offer an operator discount since we would obviously be supporting the game and having it on route for lots of other potential buyers to evaluate and purchase? Feel free to PM me if you want to take it offline for such discussion.

One way to remedy that would be to sell your old playfield kit once you receive the new one. That way you recoup $3k-ish and are no longer sitting on top of $10.5k worth of equipment ($4k of which isn't being used). Then you can easily switch in a new game, and refresh your earnings by getting the next new and popular game.

It's not a perfect solution, and I do agree that Stern pros are probably still going to be the way to go to maximize earnings, however the Heighway system certainly is more convenient (no moving and releveling games), but since it makes it so you only have one game instead of two you will be earning a bit less.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 23.99
Cabinet - Other
Maine Home Recreation
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider waddlejrjr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heighway-ships-games?tu=waddlejrjr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.