Capture.jpg
Logo1-vert.jpg
Alien-LB.jpg
aliens-poster-2.jpg
baffle_ball_poster.jpg
bacardi_machine.jpg
assembly_area.jpg
pinsound_display.jpg
There are 560 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 12.
#351 8 years ago

Purdy!

#352 8 years ago

That is a beautiful thing. Congrats Andrew!

#353 8 years ago

Great seeing those games lined up! A thing of beauty.

#355 8 years ago

Fantastic pics Andy and Fantastic news. Congratulations to you and the 10 lucky owners

#356 8 years ago

Can't wait to see the unboxing photos!

#357 8 years ago

This is excellent news!

#358 8 years ago

Great news....

Is it just me....but the more pics I see of the backbox the more I like how they look? Was a bit unsure at first with the size and shape change from the "traditional" style but these look modern, sturdy with an air of apple design with the metal (metallic?) edge around the outside?

Cool.

#359 8 years ago

6 out of the first 10 have a backbox LCD. Nice!

#360 8 years ago

The back box is growing on me too.
Well done Andrew.
Keep'em coming

#361 8 years ago

Super excited for Andrew & Heighway pinball! I'm equally stoked for all the new owners who are about to get their new High Tech Pins!
I think Full Throttle is going to kick some ass & will be a good seller for a long time once peeps get to play it. And I can't wait to see the unboxing threads!

#362 8 years ago

I agree backbox is starting to be "ok" with me as well.

#363 8 years ago

I'm loving Heighway pinball so far. The way Andrew gets on Pinside and updates us with news is just good, old fashioned customer service (even to potential customers). I think Full Throttle is sweet, but I can't wait to see this Alien pin. Absolutely BRILLIANT idea to put the DMD screen on the playfield. Who has time to look up during an intense round of multiball to see the sweet animations flying by without getting its due respect? Hoping you all the best!

#364 8 years ago

Good to see the games are shipping! Congratulations to Heighway (and the Full Throttle buyers).

#365 8 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

.....Absolutely BRILLIANT idea to put the DMD screen on the playfield. Who has time to look up during an intense round of multiball to see the sweet animations flying by without getting its due respect? Hoping you all the best!

I'm wondering how players reacted when the first DMDs appeared on the backglass 2 decades ago. We all know now that it was a genius idea but I bet it received a luke warm reception at first.

I personally believe the LCD is placed in the perfect position for the modern game. But how it functions and integrates with the gameplay can make a massive difference.

I can tell you that Alien (a game I'm working on at Heighway Pinball) will utilize that screen to full effect. How many scenes in Alien and Aliens use a display of some kind? Mother's VDU; the sentry gun ammo readouts; the self destruct countdown; searching bluprints for the colonists...and the motion tracker (from both films).....we can recreate all of that and put the player right in the middle of the movie. If the LCD was on the backglass, you'd miss so much.

We don't want your friends to be the only ones seeing all the action as they watch you play. We want YOU to see and feel everything.

#366 8 years ago

Really, really like the 2 display look ( w one in back glass as well as play field)....machines look great Andrew!!!

Congrats to all the lucky owners!!!

#367 8 years ago

I'm in the second batch... looking forward to it. ?Now I just need to figure out what I'm selling in the next month.

#368 8 years ago

Hi Andrew and team!
Congrats on the Milestone...
Looking forward to Heighway ramping up production quickly!

2 quick questions:

1) When will USA distributors be announced and have product in stock ( approximate time)

2) Do Heighway pins currently carry the Baseefa Certification ( UK version of UL Listed)
I know Rick had delays with the UL Listing on MMR, so would this do anything to disrupt production schedules?

Thanks again and keep up the awesome Job!!!

#369 8 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

I personally believe the LCD is placed in the perfect position for the modern game. But how it functions and integrates with the gameplay can make a massive difference.

I can tell you that Alien (a game I'm working on at Heighway Pinball) will utilize that screen to full effect. How many scenes in Alien and Aliens use a display of some kind? Mother's VDU; the sentry gun ammo readouts; the self destruct countdown; searching bluprints for the colonists...and the motion tracker (from both films).....we can recreate all of that and put the player right in the middle of the movie. If the LCD was on the backglass, you'd miss so much.

We don't want your friends to be the only ones seeing all the action as they watch you play. We want YOU to see and feel everything.

Love it! Really looking forward to see more of this pin. Here is hoping next weekend we know more

Congrats to team Heighway for getting another production batch ready for shipping.

#370 8 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Hi Andrew and team!
Congrats on the Milestone...
Looking forward to Heighway ramping up production quickly!
2 quick questions:
1) When will USA distributors be announced and have product in stock ( approximate time)
2) Do Heighway pins currently carry the Baseefa Certification ( UK version of UL Listed)
I know Rick had delays with the UL Listing on MMR, so would this do anything to disrupt production schedules?
Thanks again and keep up the awesome Job!!!

I believe Andrew has said that Heighway them selves will be handling U.S. Distribution.

#371 8 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

I can tell you that Alien (a game I'm working on at Heighway Pinball) will utilize that screen to full effect. How many scenes in Alien and Aliens use a display of some kind? Mother's VDU; the sentry gun ammo readouts; the self destruct countdown; searching bluprints for the colonists...and the motion tracker (from both films).....we can recreate all of that and put the player right in the middle of the movie.

ohhhhh.gifohhhhh.gif

Leaked Alien Details! Finally!

drooling-homer-simpson.jpgdrooling-homer-simpson.jpg

#372 8 years ago

Just spoke with Andrew, he's running around picking up games for his UK Pinball Party this weekend, but confirmed the games have left the building. Finally at the end of the road... I hope .

#373 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Just spoke with Andrew, he's running around picking up games for his UK Pinball Party this weekend, but confirmed the games have left the building. Finally at the end of the road... I hope .

Awesome!!!! looking forward to the unboxing pics, and some video of the machine rocking your gameroom......mark

#374 8 years ago

Great news frolic.

Now get ready for a Full Throttle adrenaline race (ref. mustang pinball)

#375 8 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

I'm in the second batch... looking forward to it. ?Now I just need to figure out what I'm selling in the next month.

How do you know your in the 2nd batch? I'm just curious as I'm trying to figure out what "batch" I'm in.

#376 8 years ago

You send an email to Andrew Heighway.

Don't be scared. He's a really nice guy

#377 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

How do you know your in the 2nd batch? I'm just curious as I'm trying to figure out what "batch" I'm in.

When I asked what the expectation would be if I ordered, I was told after this first batch games they are creating/shipping now I'd be in the next 40 some games.

#378 8 years ago

Just spoke with the shipping company. Trying to track the shipment but they are guessing possible Monday delivery after clearing customs. It will be a race to see who gets it first .

I will start a new thread when mine arrives.

#379 8 years ago

Frolic, work all the kinks out for us folks who might get one later on..

#380 8 years ago

really like what heighway is doing and their price point and it is a great game

#381 8 years ago

Really looking forward to hearing how the first batches of Full Throttles are, hoping everyone gets a great machine that they are more than happy with. Have an eye on Aliens and watching this space (where no one can hear you scream)

#382 8 years ago

I'm still a little confused on the ordering of an LE vrs. standard. I get the standard won't except trim for LE or the different "artwork". Does this mean if you order the red FT and then Alien comes all that red is replaced with the green or are you stuck with red for Alien? I want the "features on the playfield and shaker and Lights for when Aliens come (beakers), but I don't get how this all plays out for when you change a game over if you infact order 1. Standard FT and want a LE Alien or just the beakers (lights etc. that look like they go on top of the back box) 3. if you order the red LE FT then if you order the LE Alien how does it all go from red to green? I guess if you ever want am LE from here on in you are forced to buy your first game as an LE no matter if you want it this way or not?. Wait i'm starting to confuse myself! Frolic you must have all this figured out?

#383 8 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Does this mean if you order the red FT and then Alien comes all that red is replaced with the green or are you stuck with red for Alien?

My understanding is if you order the FTh LE cab, you will be stuck with the red if you drop an Alien PF in it.

#384 8 years ago

Can't wait to see the unboxings!

#385 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

My understanding is if you order the FTh LE cab, you will be stuck with the red if you drop an Alien PF in it.

Or if you order a Alians LE with chrome trim it becomes universal in my mind. It's not available yet but Andrew is looking into it.

#386 8 years ago

You doing this shit on purpose?

#387 8 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Frolic you must have all this figured out?

Yeah.

Buy the LE if you intend to keep it as that game.

Buy a standard if you intend to swap playfields.

The LE *can* be swapped, but as you pointed out, the colors on future games may clash.

I bought a standard, knowing I intend to pretty much buy every Heighway playfield as they come out, so it make sense to keep the cabinet generic. Heighway will be selling all the LE extras, like the Alien beacons. You just lose the armor and some different artwork, LE numbering, etc.

There are a lot of Alien fans out there, many of them intend to keep the game as it sits and never swap it. So an LE for them makes sense.

#388 8 years ago

You can buy SE hardware trim but not LE. If you want Heighways official green trim on Aliens you'll have to buy Aliens LE. So you can convert LE trim to SE but not SE to LE.

#389 8 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

You can buy SE hardware trim but not LE. If you want Heighways official green trim on Aliens you'll have to buy Aliens LE. So you can convert LE trim to SE but not SE to LE.

Sure great but what if you want to start with FT ??? I'm stuck with red trim for Aliens? No thanks. I would think Black or Chrome LE should be an option so as to fit every future table that is produced! A cool metalic black paint with silver specs or something then you are good to go no matter what's dropped inside and you are still able to get the LE art work etc etc. No brainer if you ask me!

#390 8 years ago

So Andrew, I would like a black "metallic" LE please! Then I can start with the LE FT and be very happy buying the LE alien "kit" when becomes available. Also the extra LCD in back box please. There seems to be a lot of money being dropped on people that want to swap playfields and want all to match or "get along" as well as maybe some of the cool LE art that may be available with future tittles . Pleeeease

#391 8 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

So Andrew, I would like a black "metallic" LE please! Then I can start with the LE FT and be very happy buying the LE alien "kit" when becomes available. Also the extra LCD in back box please. There seems to be a lot of money being dropped on people that want to swap playfields and want all to match or "get along" as well as maybe some of the cool LE art that may be available with future tittles . Pleeeease

You can't get an LE "kit". An LE is the full machine.

#393 8 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

You can't get an LE "kit". An LE is the full machine.

Gotcha but with a metallic black LE I can get an Alien and what ever you want to call the trim and upgraded art.....I call it a "kit"

#394 8 years ago

What I'm saying is why would I buy an LE cabinet now for FT in RED then put Alien in it???? doesn't work and will look like ass. However I may want to buy the LE art and trim package for Alien and if I don't buy the LE machine from start or FT then I'm screwed forever if want the upgraded art and trim for any future Tittle. Am I wrong here?

#395 8 years ago

Point is, offer the LE in a "neutral" (black metallic or chrome) and you will be able to pic and choose the art package you want for future tittles. If you buy the Standard "machine" now then you have no options on the LE trims and art for future

#396 8 years ago

I'm pretty sure the full throttle le comes in red or black.

#397 8 years ago

You can't buy the LE art separate. That's what makes LEs LEs...

#398 8 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

You can't buy the LE art separate. That's what makes LEs LEs...

You mean to say if you get in on the first game with an LE "box" (top of the line), you will not be able to buy the LE table and art work for future tittles which would fit into your LE ?

#399 8 years ago

Now you got it.

#400 8 years ago

Um so support them from the start with an LE FT and your screwed for future LE's unless you want to buy a whole new "box" every time you prefer the LE art work? You have to be joking......Andrew?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 560 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heighway-ships-games/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.