Capture.jpg
Logo1-vert.jpg
Alien-LB.jpg
aliens-poster-2.jpg
baffle_ball_poster.jpg
bacardi_machine.jpg
assembly_area.jpg
pinsound_display.jpg
There are 560 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 12.
#301 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Whoever gets their pin 1st starts the unboxing thread, I can't wait to see the pics!

I've never said this before, but so am I.

#302 8 years ago
Quoted from drinkduffbeers:

I'm in too, FTse order placed along with my earlier order for an Alien le.
So who gets to start the un boxing thread ?????

Not me, I am in the nr 10 - 20 list and my game will ship one whole week later than the first 10 (who should be on their merry way next
week)

I guess I can live with getting it a week later than the very first ones going out, I hope

This is gonna be a fun ride. Full speed ahead!

Edit: PS! Big congrats on your purchase. I am pretty confident you made a wise decision.

#303 8 years ago

I'm in the first 10. #1 and #2 were at Pintastic, so there are only 8 of us waiting for games in that first batch .

As soon as I've got my grubby hands on it i'll be posting.

#304 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'm in the first 10. #1 and #2 were at Pintastic, so there are only 8 of us waiting for games in that first batch .
As soon as I've got my grubby hands on it i'll be posting.

I got the impression from Andrew they were a week away from shipping, just fixing up some last minute software issue or something. Can't wait to see your pics!

#305 8 years ago

Faster Than Light?

FTHR is the abbreviation.

#306 8 years ago

FUT?

#307 8 years ago

I still have not seen the answer and think it has been asked???

If I were to order today, how far out to get a FullT game?

I am done with any sort of preorder but getting more interested in this project IF I can order and get a physical game in a reaosnable timeframe. I consider reasonable something like Stern where I can pay and get my physical game in 4-6 weeks.

#308 8 years ago

Just email them direct [email protected] with your specific requirements and location

Andrew got back to me within a couple of hours. Easy

#309 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I still have not seen the answer and think it has been asked???
If I were to order today, how far out to get a FullT game?
I am done with any sort of preorder but getting more interested in this project IF I can order and get a physical game in a reaosnable timeframe. I consider reasonable something like Stern where I can pay and get my physical game in 4-6 weeks.

I believe this was addressed in the seminar. I think Andrew's answer was sept or oct. Production will take them a while to ramp up. First batch of games is 10 (still waiting for those), then they build 20 at a time, then they build 40, and it keeps ramping up.

If you wanted to play it safe, you could probably wait for batch 2 or 3 to be completed, and by then we'll have a real idea of how production is going.

#310 8 years ago

thanks frolic. I will wait a while to let them get things figured out more.

Is it correct that after they get things rolling they will be making these for the long haul? In other words, I could wait till Oct or later and then feasibly order and get a game withtin 4-6 weeks?

#311 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

thanks frolic. I will wait a while to let them get things figured out more.
Is it correct that after they get things rolling they will be making these for the long haul? In other words, I could wait till Oct or later and then feasibly order and get a game withtin 4-6 weeks?

That is my understanding. Full Throttle being an unlicensed game needs time for people to see and play it, just like we saw with AMH. The sales won't be front loaded. The good news is unlike AMH, he's got an actual factory and can pump them out. The other good news is since he isn't crowd funded, every machine he makes generates fresh cash.

Realistically, and I'm only speaking from my own observations, they are hoping to show a first look of Alien in August, likely it won't be till October expo that it will be a more final prototype, then you that period of time of going from prototype to production that can take a while. So Full Throttle will likely be on the line for many months yet.

#312 8 years ago

Hi Clayton

Games 23-67 are next, comprising of both Standard and Limited edition games.

We are looking to ship these games in September, so deliveries should be around the end of September / first 2 weeks of October, depending on shipping methods - ie: air or sea

#313 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

In terms of shipping and taxes, I have to figure the guy in BC needs to make something on this deal. I will contact him.

Nitro is proud to be an official distributor for Heighway Pinball. We will be taking care of all Canadian orders going forward and be able to offer reduced shipping based on volume. Pricing will remain the same as if you ordered direct. One (1) year warranty, customer support & Nitro pack is included with purchase. As with Heighway, a deposit is required and balance just prior to shipping.

Feel free to contact me toll free at 1-855-366-4876 (#1) [email protected]

Thanks, T

#314 8 years ago

What about FUTH as an abbreviation?

Lax

#315 8 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-need-a-better-abbreviation-for-full-throttle

FullT looks to be ahead in the poll. Short enough and unambiguous

#316 8 years ago

Just an observation ... Maybe manufacturers/sellers that use the site to sell things should make an appropriate donation to said site?

rd.

#317 8 years ago

Good to see these games ready to ship.

#318 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Just an observation ... Maybe manufacturers/sellers that use the site to sell things should make an appropriate donation to said site?

There are pros and cons to that.
Imagine said manufacturer makes a huge donation.
Situation often found with medias and their major and recurrent contributors to advertisements.
Can said media (TV, newspaper) remain neutral towards the contributor?

#319 8 years ago

Make sure the ALIENS game is covered with photos of Bill Paxton.

#320 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

boo boo

#321 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

There are pros and cons to that.
Imagine said manufacturer makes a huge donation.
Situation often found with medias and their major and recurrent contributors to advertisements.
Can said media (TV, newspaper) remain neutral towards the contributor?

Last time I checked it's a donation; not a payment. Robin is not making a profit from donations (as far as I know), and is not marketing a product. So, why would there be a conflict/bias.

#322 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Someone should make an entire pinball themed after Bill Paxton.

#323 8 years ago

Got to say, watched a few ft videos. And i am a bit stunned how it looked when it is played.

Just amazing. If you walk by this game it just screams "play me".

Something many Sterns are missing. If Aliens has this too, and like highway promised is a step up in toys and stuff...

When i think of that i get some weird feeling in my stomach, like some happy pinfan alien wants to break trough my belly and give it a go, lol.

#324 8 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Got to say, watched a few ft videos. And i am a bit stunned how it looked when it is played.
Just amazing. If you walk by this game it just screams "play me".
Something many Sterns are missing. If Aliens has this too, and like highway promised is a step up in toys and stuff...
When i think of that i get some weird feeling in my stomach, like some happy pinfan alien wants to break trough my belly and give it a go, lol.

I don't think they are lacking in toys it is the lcd need a wow factor and cabinet and playfield are week game play is fantastic.

#325 8 years ago

Just got my shipping email!!

#327 8 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Get in

#328 8 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I want to like this 100 times. Big, big congrats. Crossing my fingers for a shipping note next week

#329 8 years ago

Mine is scheduled to ship July 29 if all goes well.

#331 8 years ago

Nitro is handling sales, service, & parts in Canada. http://nitroamusements.com/

USA warranty parts will probably ship via them (on Heighway Pinball or myself authorisation), & I will handle the USA technical side for warranty or technical assistance. This part with me is subject to change by Heighway Pinball in the future. Nitro, myself, & Heighway Pinball will be in contact for customer service.

Heighway Pinball is handling USA sales.

#332 8 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Sweet!

#333 8 years ago

I bought my Full Throttle 2 weeks ago, I wonder when it will ship?

#334 8 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Super Excited for you my friend! Pics or didn't happen.

#335 8 years ago

How many are they able to ship per month? This is so good for pinball.

#336 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

How many are they able to ship per month? This is so good for pinball.

The first batch will always be the toughest, and by far the longest - as suppliers and QC are nailed down.

We are making 44 games next - of which, many parts are already in stock, but many need to be made also. This process will be a lot quicker. For example, our main metal fabricator is already 3 weeks into a 6-week cycle of parts - which account for more than 50% of our fabricated metal parts.

Now we are putting systems into place where we can achieve more than 200+ games per month before the end of the year

#337 8 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Now we are putting systems into place where we can achieve more than 200+ games per month before the end of the year

Holy smokes!!! Man, big time congrats. Can't wait for Alien!!!

1 week later
#338 8 years ago

congrats!

#339 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Mine is scheduled to ship July 29 if all goes well.

Frolic, any updates on shipping? Just curious of the time line, as I'm dying to get mine.

#340 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Frolic, any updates on shipping? Just curious of the time line, as I'm dying to get mine.

They are making some final tweaks, based on what they learned running their games so hard at Replay and Pintastic. So the new date is next week (August 14).

We'll keep our fingers crossed!

#341 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

They are making some final tweaks, based on what they learned running their games so hard at Replay and Pintastic. So the new date is next week (August 14).
We'll keep our fingers crossed!

That's great news! I'm glad they took the time to make changes from the feedback that was given to them from both shows.

#342 8 years ago

I can't wait to see how this game reviews once they start getting shipped out. I would love to play one, but I don't foresee any come out this way.

#343 8 years ago

The waiting is starting to get to me, though.

I am willing to give them some extra time,(and they certainly deserve it) since this is their first pin, but I am not sure what is worst, as a customer.
JJP and Dutch pinball that give you very little shipping info or Heighway that have told me that it is only 2 weeks from shipping, every two week since January. (slight exaggeration here of course but it feels that way)

I love the optimism of Andrew Heighway, though and he has always been very forthcoming, explaining all the delays. He just seems like a really nice dude, working like a madman to get those machine out the door and providing superb customer service at the same time.

But he is not willing to ship them out before he knows that everything is as good as it possibility can be and you just can't fault that decision.

Most of the 20 first machines are already built now, so I know it is just small tiny things that keep us from not having it already but boy, those tiny things also takes time.

If all this sounds pessimistic, I have not worded myself very good. I am deeply impressed by everything Heighway has accomplished so far
and I still have great confidence about their role in the pinball industry in the coming years.

It's just that I am waiting for so many games at the moment. Full Throttle, Alien, Hobitt, Big Lebowski and bop 2.0
along with 4 older games that has been in restoration mode for a long time.

Anyway, I am sure all the delays are even harder for the companies than for me, so who am I to complain.

One thing is for sure. Playing pinball is more fun than waiting for it to arrive

#344 8 years ago
Quoted from karl:

Heighway that have told me that it is only 2 weeks from shipping, every two week since January. (slight exaggeration here of course but it feels that way)

I've made the same joke. It is more true than not true .

The wait has been frustrating, but I think the key difference between this and others, is we've seen photographic evidence for some time now of semi built machines in the factory (many), and the 2 production units touring the shows.

So it isn't as "vapor" as some of the other companies. The "2 weeks away" thing has basically been true, but with some other thing that keeps happening every 2 weeks.

But yeah, it's time to get those machines out the door and call it a day. Hopefully this is it.

#345 8 years ago

At least we are getting closer everyday, ey, frolic

PS! Hope you are not taking it the wrong way Andrew. It was meant as a funny little wink only. We all feel the game will be upon us soon.

#346 8 years ago

"Just Two Weeks," The Money Pit (1986).
https://www.youtube.com/embed/qLcjUmBncZ8

#347 8 years ago

A few days delayed after the shows to tweak and perfect. But the games are now shipping out! Shipping data and pics arrived.image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

#348 8 years ago

Hell yeah! Here's to hoping we get Alien before Xmas!

#349 8 years ago

mine is ready too!
IMG_7328.JPGIMG_7328.JPG
IMG_7329.JPGIMG_7329.JPG

#350 8 years ago

10 Full Throttles finished and ready to ship...

IMG_7306.jpgIMG_7306.jpg

IMG_7307.jpgIMG_7307.jpg

IMG_7303.jpgIMG_7303.jpg

IMG_7304.jpgIMG_7304.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 560 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heighway-ships-games/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.