Capture.jpg
Logo1-vert.jpg
Alien-LB.jpg
aliens-poster-2.jpg
baffle_ball_poster.jpg
bacardi_machine.jpg
assembly_area.jpg
pinsound_display.jpg
There are 560 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 12.
#201 8 years ago

What happens to the 2 FT games shown at pintastic at the end of the show? Will they be for sale? Seems like a huge expense to ship them back when there are people that would buy the game here.....

Looking forward to seeing some videos and pics tomorrow!

#202 8 years ago

I think they're supposed to stay in the states and tour the shows.

#203 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

-

I don't think it will be that hard to sell the kits.
I, for instance, am not buying Full Throttle. The theme is not for me.
I might buy Aliens, if it is a fun game.
So, when the day comes that a used Full Throttle playfield comes around, I might pick it up.

see the Full throttle theme does nothing for me either, but I was surprised playing it at Expo how fun and smooth it actually was. They had some unique things in the rules and the play was fast. It actually got me to take a little more indepth look. I was pretty impressed.

As for the playfield kits. Personally, i'd rather just spend $2000 more for a complete game, because if you buy just the playfield. When you grow tired of it, you can only sell it to people who have a cabinet. (greatly reducing your customer base). For 2k more, you can sell the game to anyone. Not saying you are buying to sell, but you have to think long term and you never know if you may or have to sell down the road.

#204 8 years ago

Arrived safe and sound at Pintastic

Photo from heighway Twitter

image.jpgimage.jpg

#205 8 years ago
Quoted from drinkduffbeers:

Arrived safe and sound at Pintastic
Photo from heighway Twitter

image.jpg

i visualized a few more games there lol...

#206 8 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

i visualized a few more games there lol...

The lines on the ground are to contain the queue of people lining up to play the games, whole room had to be reserved for the crowd.

#207 8 years ago

Ha, well certainly the show highlight so far!

#209 8 years ago

So are people playing full Throttle Yet? I'm super curious to get impressions.

#210 8 years ago

CONGRATS!!!

#211 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

So are people playing full Throttle Yet? I'm super curious to get impressions.

I'm curious too....video??.....thanks.....mark

#212 8 years ago

Played this morning. It's a very smooth game. Highly professional and fun. A lot of thought went into the game. It doesn't have that complicated what-am-I-supposed-to-do feeling I got from WOZ. It's great at letting you know what you need to do without dumbing it down.

#213 8 years ago

Envious. I'm really curious to play it but doubt I'll see one anytime soon.

#214 8 years ago

Anyone shoot any video of this full production version of Full Throttle yet?
Love to see it in action.

#215 8 years ago

I played Full Throttle at Pintastic and its flow city. One of my favorite games at the show. Thanks for bringing them to the show.

#216 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

see the Full throttle theme does nothing for me either, but I was surprised playing it at Expo how fun and smooth it actually was. They had some unique things in the rules and the play was fast. It actually got me to take a little more indepth look. I was pretty impressed.
As for the playfield kits. Personally, i'd rather just spend $2000 more for a complete game, because if you buy just the playfield. When you grow tired of it, you can only sell it to people who have a cabinet. (greatly reducing your customer base). For 2k more, you can sell the game to anyone. Not saying you are buying to sell, but you have to think long term and you never know if you may or have to sell down the road.

If you do that, then maybe what you do is buy the full game, and throw the spare cabinet into storage somewhere, so you still have the swappable setup only taking up one footprint.

#217 8 years ago

I also played it at Pintastic and saw a tech demo. Very impressive. FT theme is not my cup of tea but I will be watching their future games with interest. Great platform and it looks like good engineering.

#218 8 years ago

So if the adage is "your first game is your worst game", then Full Throttle being fun means Alien will be spectacular!

#219 8 years ago

Glad to hear the great buzz. Now if my freakin' game would just arrive!

#220 8 years ago

Someone Please shoot some Quality video of this bad boy!

#221 8 years ago

best my cell phone could do

#222 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

No clue. I believe the LE also comes with the Standard art too, but don't quote me on that.
I doubt they'll sell "spares". Kinda ruins the whole LE aspect. No one else does that. Maybe a Stern-style replacement policy?

Cool thanks! I don't think it would ruin the LE aspect, unless you were trying to clone an LE and trying to burn somebody, but you would still be missing certificates/signature items, etc. if that was your motive...Might just be cool to frame an extra backglass and have one ready to go in case of an uh-oh

#223 8 years ago

Heres some video guys....

Full Throttle at Pintastic:

#224 8 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

» YouTube video

Thanks! How does it feel playing it? Is there a game or manufacturer you would compare it to?

#225 8 years ago

Game looks like a lot of fun and really does look good overall. That huge bezel on the glass cartridge is fugly though.

#226 8 years ago

Full Throttle was an awesome experience. The layout is great and the shots flow nicely.

The feel is that of a wide body but slightly different. Others had had the same "different" feeling when playing it. Its hard to describe. Just something you are not used to yet.

One potential issue *may* be at the entrance to the center ramp. There is a spinning disc that
*may* be causing the ball to jump a little and nullifying good ramps shots. The one on the right in my video did not seem to have this issue. I played the one on the left which had the issue multiple times. The ball was being rejected about the place where the other ramp crosses over it in the first couple of inches. The cause of the issue is only speculation at this point.

This game really rocks and there are so many cool shots and returns.

great job Heighway.

#227 8 years ago
Quoted from neurokinetik:

If you do that, then maybe what you do is buy the full game, and throw the spare cabinet into storage somewhere, so you still have the swappable setup only taking up one footprint.

not a bad idea, but how many of us have room for storing a cabinet? If the cabinet fits, it usually means thats a place for another game. But it could be overhead or garage storage where you wouldn't want a full game in. Maybe?

#228 8 years ago

I would love to hear what people think of the LCD screen in the playfield. Something I'm giving a lot of thought to now.

#229 8 years ago

Got some words about the game for everyone it is an ass kicking flow fest

#230 8 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

» YouTube video

Why is the figure facing the wrong direction (backwards) in most of the video?

#231 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

not a bad idea, but how many of us have room for storing a cabinet? If the cabinet fits, it usually means thats a place for another game. But it could be overhead or garage storage where you wouldn't want a full game in. Maybe?

Second pf will store under the cab. I believe the cab is wider to accommodate this. I bought full throttle and alien. The game after that I intend to be a kit.

#232 8 years ago

Awesome game. Fast, fun and very well thought out. Hung out with Andrew after the show last night and he is the real deal folks. Great guy.

#234 8 years ago

Thanks for the video! Keep them coming! Love this theme, sounds, & the layout looks killer. What is the e.t.a. of shipping if a person were to place an order next week?

#235 8 years ago

171.jpg171.jpg

Wow, that switch to a wide screen LCD must have been made at the 11th hour. I believe the backbox LCD video we saw just a couple of months ago was the old aspect ratio, so I'm assuming that was updated as well, all of that happened in the last couple of months. Looks awesome though. Big improvement, and will look even better in the backbox.

#236 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

They do take up less space when folded and standing on end, and you are bound to have some spots where it would fit when folded, but a fully setup game would not (due to necessary clearances around the game for playing, servicing, etc.

For example, I have a basement that has plenty of floor space, but most of it lacks ceiling height to have a pin setup due to HVAC ducting. But folded pins could be stored there easily.

#237 8 years ago

Any updates on Alien to be revealed at the show or soon after?

#238 8 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

That is anticipated.

Watch the live stream today at 4pmET to find out in real time as we do.

#239 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

171.jpg
Wow, that switch to a wide screen LCD must have been made at the 11th hour. I believe the backbox LCD video we saw just a couple of months ago was the old aspect ratio, so I'm assuming that was updated as well, all of that happened in the last couple of months. Looks awesome though. Big improvement, and will look even better in the backbox.

Agreed.....very excited for backbox display in my AlienLE as well!!!!

#240 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I would love to hear what people think of the LCD screen in the playfield. Something I'm giving a lot of thought to now.

Personally, I thought of it as 50% gimmick until I watched those videos... now I think it's a bit of a game-changer. My biggest gripe with DMD games is when I'm too busy to look up and miss some bonus or score - and this is an elegant solution to that gripe. It looks great and I can't wait to bang on one.

#241 8 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

That is anticipated.
Watch the live stream today at 4pmET to find out in real time as we do.

What is the link for the live streams Jared?

#242 8 years ago

Though I'm not really into the theme, that game looks like some serious fun to play.

#243 8 years ago

So far it looks a bit floaty in videos. Also looks like ramps are difficult to make?

Is that accurate in real life?

#244 8 years ago

Man I wish I could have went to pintastic...

#245 8 years ago

Also, why not paint the glass cartridge black instead of gray? Just curious.

#246 8 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Also, why not paint the glass cartridge black instead of gray? Just curious.

Agree with this.

#247 8 years ago

Played the game at Expo 2014. I'm saying this to all who are a little skeptical about this game. I was as well until I was there and played the not even final version of this game and was VERY surprised and would love one day to add this to my collection. It would look nice between MB and MM! Congrats Andrew and the gang!

#248 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

So far it looks a bit floaty in videos. Also looks like ramps are difficult to make?
Is that accurate in real life?

Didn't you play it at expo? it was 2 pins down from WOOLY

#249 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Didn't you play it at expo? it was 2 pins down from WOOLY

Yes but it was not very fun then. Looks much better now but appears underpowered. Wondering how is shoots in real life

#250 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

171.jpg

I don't know the details of the Full Throttle change, since I'm not involved in that game at all, but Alien was designed for that aspect ratio from the get go at least. 1280x800. I think it's a good size, plenty of room for graphics or film clips etc without being overly huge. That means that you can't show too many things at once, and that's a good limitation, because you don't want the playfield to feel overwhelming. Stick to the data that's important as you're playing. The JJP approach of a large dashboard might work for the backbox, but not if you're shooting the ball over it, IMHO.

Quoted from bemmett:

I don't know what Andrew plans to say, but I'd expect this show to be about Full Throttle. Let it have its time in the spotlight. I know people are excited about Alien, but it's still being developed, and Full Throttle is here now. frolic will hopefully be giving his unboxing report soon!

Original theme, just like people have been asking for, and the reports from playing seems great, so I'm hoping it gets a chance to shine and gain some sales and support and interest before being overshadowed by Alien's theme.

And obviously I want Alien to do great! But trying to speak as someone who's not overly-biased, I just think it's great that a new game has appeared from a new manufacturer. As someone who loves the hobby I want it to be successful, because more people making games means more choices, more pressure on everyone to innovate and compete. We all win there I think.

Heighway is doing something different here. Playfield LCD screen. Full RGB everything. Swappable playfields. Different cabinet design, both in how it's modular, the side art lighting up, and you lift the glass instead of sliding it out. When was the last time we saw someone try new things? Time will tell how people respond to it all, but it's great to see some new things being tried.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 560 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heighway-ships-games/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.