Capture.jpg
Logo1-vert.jpg
Alien-LB.jpg
aliens-poster-2.jpg
baffle_ball_poster.jpg
bacardi_machine.jpg
assembly_area.jpg
pinsound_display.jpg
There are 560 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 12.
#151 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't see how. No one is offering what they are at that price point, already cramming a ton of things in the games. They're competing, price-wise, against Stern Premiums, but offering more than Stern ever has.
I'll take a $6k pin over a $10k one, so I guess I'm a boiled frog.

I think you should have a note below your avatar that says you are an employee.

Just sayin...

#152 8 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

The general public doesn't care if it is a different company. It's all about theme and if it's fun.

Guess that's my point.......time will tell, I suppose...

#153 8 years ago

Great news! More new pins is a good thing. Can't wait to see what you guys have in store for Aliens. SciFi themes work great in pinball and the horror element will be interesting.

#154 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I think you should have a note below your Avatar that says you are an employee.
Just sayin...

I'm not actually a Heighway employee though.

Pretty sure no one here doesn't know that I'm doing Alien work. It's as a contractor, big difference. I'll get paid a royalty off Alien sales (and a game), otherwise Heighway doesn't pay me a dime, and I don't work for them.

Obviously I hope Alien sells well, and I don't pretend to not be biased about the game or the company. I hope Full Throttle does well too, if nothing else it's more cabinets Alien could go into. Not trying to say I'm neutral, I'm obviously not. But not an employee. I definitely don't speak for Heighway in any way, opposed to say, Keith and JJP.

#155 8 years ago

How do we get a container on the East Cost. I love what you guys are doing, but I can see shipping killing USA sales.

#156 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't see how. No one is offering what they are at that price point, already cramming a ton of things in the games. They're competing, price-wise, against Stern Premiums, but offering more than Stern ever has.
I'll take a $6k pin over a $10k one, so I guess I'm a boiled frog.

Agree that there is a market for a 6K pin - but does that include operators? I have no idea what the %s are, but would be interesting to see what percent of operators put out pros over premium/LEs.

#157 8 years ago

HUGE congrats on shipping these out!! Got to play FT at Expo, and hope to get to play it again in the near future! Look forward to seeing the other titles from Heighway...

#158 8 years ago

And wasn't there an earnings report posted lately that WOZ was killing on route? That certainly isn't a 4k game, nor a theme everyone agreed with ( I love mine).....

Yes, I'm definitely a fan of what Andrew is doing w Heighway.....suspect he really doesn't need defending of his business model...

If the pins rock, they will make money, if not, they won't ....pretty simple....I'm hoping they do....

#159 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

If the pins rock, they will make money, if not, they won't ....pretty simple....I'm hoping they do....

This is really what matters, agreed. Either the games are good, and people want to play them, or not. You don't play a business model.

Heighway has an original theme, something people has been asking for. No license. Maybe you dig the motorbike thing or you don't. It's not a "thing" for me personally, but I think it's a good vehicle (no pun) for a game and ruleset. Indy 500 and Blackwater 100 are other cool games in a similar vein that I don't have a specific affinity for, as far as the sport, but think they're super fun and totally work as a game/theme combo

It's a widebody, but it's fast, and has flow. WOZ and Hobbit are very different from Full Throttle. It's been a really long time since we've seen a new widebody game that's a crazy fast ramp monster.

I saw people play it at Expo 2014, but didn't try it myself. I couldn't even tell you if it's fun. But it looks fun. I'm looking forward to getting to the play the final design, the ramps are supposed to flow way smoother now compared to the Expo prototype.

#160 8 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

How do we get a container on the East Cost. I love what you guys are doing, but I can see shipping killing USA sales.

Shipping is not nearly as much as you would think - especially when shipping in quantities.

We fit 24 games into a 20ft container. If there's a desire for a 20ft container of games for the East Coast then we will pay for the shipping.

#161 8 years ago

A lot of (educated) guesses here. I think the question 'will there be a second-hand market for games' is a good one. I myself could see me buying one game and buying second hand playfields later, but indeed it will take some time for people to have games in their homes, so it'll take some time for the second hand kit market to come into existence and grow 'big enough'. On the other hand, you probably don't want your first playfield to sell in the first few months, and indeed I think more will buy Alien than Full Throttle.

I think one of the major advantages of the Heighway system is not that kits are cheaper, but that 'maintenance-costs' can become less: easy to change parts that you can repair at home (ie flippers, bumpers), changing games between locations without having to move whole cabinets, maybe less trouble because there're no old-school-switches (easier cleaning, no ball hangups if a switch gets 'stuck'). And maybe it'll get the time the game is operating up (les 'down-time').
We'll see if it really works that way (I do hope so for Heighway and operators as well, and for the hobby), but at least I think the effort is worth a 'thumbs up'!

Well, exciting times anyway with Big Lebowski/DP coming, as well as P3 and Time Shock, and Spooky delivering games and Heighway starting to deliver games as well and JJP having produced one game and soon the next one. Stern moving bigger. And I'm sure I'm forgetting some right now . (i.e. Thunderbirds/Homepin. Other startups? And a lot of small projects!)

#162 8 years ago

Ask Andrew at Pintastic!

#163 8 years ago

It still is not clear to me >> will FullT and Alien be at expo this year?

I have learned my lesson and won't buy ANYTHING from a new company without playing it first.

In the case of this game and the kit feature, I want to see both games before I am able to make a decision either way.

#164 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It still is not clear to me >> will FullT and Alien be at expo this year?
I have learned my lesson and won't buy ANYTHING from a new company without playing it first.
In the case of this game and the kit feature, I want to see both games before I am able to make a decision either way.

At least 2 x Full Throttles will definitely be at Expo this year. Barring any delays, we hope to be able to show Alien Pinball too

#165 8 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Shipping is not nearly as much as you would think - especially when shipping in quantities.
We fit 24 games into a 20ft container. If there's a desire for a 20ft container of games for the East Coast then we will pay for the shipping.

I'll get to work on this Andrew, thanks for the feedback. I am sure I can find 24 buyers on the East Coast. Of course we would have to wait for the Aliens release.

#166 8 years ago

At least 2 x Full Throttles will definitely be at Expo this year. Barring any delays, we hope to be able to show Alien Pinball too

If you have my Full Throttle LE done by EXPO, you can show it off at your booth, let people play it, and I will take it home on Saturday night or Sunday.
Jim

#167 8 years ago

I think that this says it all from this community
upvote.jpgupvote.jpg

congrats on the achievement!!!

#168 8 years ago

Congrats to Heighway! I am excited to get the one I ordered.

#169 8 years ago

$6,150 for Full Throttle Standard Edition, + shipping within the USA (from a U.S. port), + sales tax (if applicable)
You can expect game upgrade kits to be approximately 60% of the cost of a complete game
We have 3 games planned per year.

Very good news and congrats for shipping the first FT games. I played it at Festiflip and had a good time with Andrew and Romain.

Price for a "full game" is competitive.

A bit disappointed by the upgrade kit price though.
Assuming I buy FT, the Alien kit would cost me 60% of €6,725... around €4000.
Now comes a very hypothetical situation where my wife finds out about it
"You paid 4000 euros for a playfield !??" (I know, I know, it's not just the PF... but that's the way she would see it).

Lowering the kit price below €4000 would make it highly desirable, especially when Stern pros are now over €5000 VAT included (and sometimes closer to €6000).

I know finding the right balance between full game price and kit price must be hard.
Just saying the 60% basis is slightly outside my comfort zone.
With a kit price at 50% of a full game, one would get 3 games for the price of 2 (and 5 for the price of 3...): easy selling argument.

#170 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Very good news and congrats for shipping the first FT games. I played it at Festiflip and had a good time with Andrew and Romain.
Price for a "full game" is competitive.
A bit disappointed by the upgrade kit price though.
Assuming I buy FT, the Alien kit would cost me 60% of €6,725... around €4000.
Now comes a very hypothetical situation where my wife finds out about it
"You paid 4000 euros for a playfield !??" (I know, I know, it's not just the PF... but that's the way she would see it).
Lowering the kit price below €4000 would make it highly desirable, especially when Stern pros are now over €5000 VAT included (and sometimes closer to €6000).
I know finding the right balance between full game price and kit price must be hard.
Just saying the 60% basis is slightly outside my comfort zone.
With a kit price at 50% of a full game, one would get 3 games for the price of 2 (and 5 for the price of 3...): easy selling argument.

It was also great meeting you at Festiflip Jim - and we look forward to sharing some wine over dinner with you at this year's event again.

Regarding pricing, you should bare in mind that the Euro exchange rate is very unfavourable at the moment, and therefore pricing could well be much more in your favour by the time you would want to buy an upgrade kit

The 60% price is inevitable though as most of the game's cost is on, or under, the playfield. Then you have the game's development costs, licensing fees, etc...

#171 8 years ago

The 60% price is inevitable though as most of the game's cost is on, or under, the playfield. Then you have the game's development costs, licensing fees, etc...

Pure guesswork here, but I would think shipping just a playfield would be a nice savings too over shipping a whole cabinet, no?

#172 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Pure guesswork here, but I would think shipping just a playfield would be a nice savings too over shipping a whole cabinet, no?

Yes you're absolutely right - we can fit 3-4 times as many upgrade kits into a container

#173 8 years ago

What sux is that the first two games are different sizes, therefore not interchangble. My plan is to do a container. Shipped to Boston or NJ. I am hoping there are enough people like me that want both your games. Ideally we could do two containers, one of each game. If you guys are interested, see separate thread.

#174 8 years ago

What sux is that the first two games are different sizes, therefore not interchangble.

They are? News to me!

#175 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

They are? News to me!

I thought Aliens is a wide body? Obviously I am wrong?

#176 8 years ago

Both are wide bodies.

#177 8 years ago

Full Throttle is a wide body. And i believe the Heighway cabinet will support standard as well.

#178 8 years ago

Thanks guy, I always thought Full throttle was a normal size game. Great news!

#179 8 years ago

Alien is a widebody yes. So is Full Throttle. It plays fast for a widebody, doesn't have that somewhat ponderous feel that some of the wide games do, so you could miss it from looking at a video of the gameplay with the different cabinet proportions.

#180 8 years ago

Just to confirm - all of our games are widebody games so all games are interchangeable between cabinets

#181 8 years ago

Hi Andrew, just wondering if you are any closer to locking down an Australian distributor?
Cheers, Fitzy.

Quoted from HeighwayPinball:Just to confirm - all of our games are widebody games so all games are interchangeable between cabinets

#182 8 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

I'm never going to be a 20 pin owner.

hahahaaha we all said that once

--Jeff

#183 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The problem I see is that it will be nearly impossible to sell the kits.

-

Quoted from Whysnow:

I assume everyone buying a game is getting fullT and then the hope is that those people are also going to buy the aliens kit?

I don't think it will be that hard to sell the kits.

I, for instance, am not buying Full Throttle. The theme is not for me.

I might buy Aliens, if it is a fun game.

So, when the day comes that a used Full Throttle playfield comes around, I might pick it up.

#184 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm not actually a Heighway employee though.
Pretty sure no one here doesn't know that I'm doing Alien work. It's as a contractor, big difference. I'll get paid a royalty off Alien sales (and a game), otherwise Heighway doesn't pay me a dime, and I don't work for them.
Obviously I hope Alien sells well, and I don't pretend to not be biased about the game or the company. I hope Full Throttle does well too, if nothing else it's more cabinets Alien could go into. Not trying to say I'm neutral, I'm obviously not. But not an employee. I definitely don't speak for Heighway in any way, opposed to say, Keith and JJP.

Maybe, if you are working with Highway, it might come off as unprofessional to post as much and as often in the JJP thead. Maybe, as much as Jack dumping on Gary at conferences.

#185 8 years ago
Quoted from Det_Deckard:

Maybe, if you are working with Highway, it might come off as unprofessional to post as much and as often in the JJP thead. Maybe, as much as Jack dumping on Gary at conferences.

Eh. I guess if people want to see it that way then they do. I'm not going to stop posting my thoughts. If Andrew has issues with what I post I'll discuss it with him.

Meanwhile I hardly post at all in any JJP threads, so not sure what you're talking about actually. I would if I had something to say. There's just nothing to talk about in JJP land now. Except Mustangs apparently, and I prefer German cars.

#186 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Eh. I guess if people want to see it that way then they do. I'm not going to stop posting my thoughts. If Andrew has issues with what I post I'll discuss it with him.
Meanwhile I hardly post at all in any JJP threads, so not sure what you're talking about actually. I would if I had something to say. There's just nothing to talk about in JJP land now. Except Mustangs apparently, and I prefer German cars.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jack-guarnieri-nw-pinball-talking-points?tq&tu=Aurich

#187 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Every game has 100% RGB lighting. The GI, inserts, flashers, all individually addressable in any color. They all have the color LCD display in the playfield. Full rez graphics, not pseudo dots or anything.
The LE's add some stuff. For Alien the LE will have powder coated hardware, an exclusive backglass and lit side art package, fiber optic ramp lighting, and interactive spinning yellow beacons on top (2).

Okay, I'm drooling and want an Alien LE right now!!!

#188 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Okay, I'm drooling and want an Alien LE right now!!!

THIS!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^

#189 8 years ago

Ironic that you post a link to his posts in that thread as an example of why he should apparently stop posting in JJP threads. Most of those posts have a ton of up votes. But you want him to stop posting his thoughts? Really?

#190 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Ironic that you post a link to his posts in that thread as an example of why he should apparently stop posting in JJP threads. Most of those posts have a ton of up votes. But you want him to stop posting his thoughts? Really?

I stand by every single post I made there, so as far as I'm concerned he just posted a list of things that verify my stance.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#191 8 years ago

Odd point to try and make, IMO...I wasted some time and read through these posts, and don't see much (if any) offensive stuff directed at anybody, just opinions on topic (it seems he actually compliments some JJP folks)...I may be too ignorant to read between the lines, or interpret dynamics of this...I admire and have a great deal of appreciation for what JJP has brought our Hobby.....but all off topic....this is about HEIGHWAY and Full Throttle, correct?

#192 8 years ago

I'm an MX guy so Full Throttle is definitely a theme I'm interested in. Loved the original Aliens movies as well and would probably prefer to buy Aliens and get a FT kit but that got me wondering... are there going to be any definitive differences between the two cabinets? Is there any reason to wait for Aliens to get in on the fun or will an FT cab be able to be indistinguishably converted?

#193 8 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I'm an MX guy so Full Throttle is definitely a theme I'm interested in. Loved the original Aliens movies as well and would probably prefer to buy Aliens and get a FT kit but that got me wondering... are there going to be any definitive differences between the two cabinets? Is there any reason to wait for Aliens to get in on the fun or will an FT cab be able to be indistinguishably converted?

I think that the whole point is for the Standards to be exactly the same, so you can swap. Only the LE versions have any cabinet hardware differences, and they're pretty much just cosmetic (cabinet color, or powder coat, that kind of thing). So to the best of my knowledge, no, there's no reason to wait if you dig Full Throttle.

I imagine since there will be two machines at Pintastic this weekend that we'll start seeing a lot more first hand impressions. Hopefully some video too! I'm not involved at all in the game, I saw it at Expo last year but didn't get a chance to play the prototype, so I'm looking forward to hearing people's thoughts as much as anyone.

#194 8 years ago

Best I can tell the 2 that went to Pintastic are the only production machines sent out so far. I'm in the first 10, been waiting for final word. Every week there seems to be another delay of another week, but I guess that's pinball. I'll be posting when mine shows up, whenever that may be.

So the people playing it at Pintastic this weekend will be the first seeing the production machines. Looking forward to the videos myself.

#195 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Best I can tell the 2 that went to Pintastic are the only production machines sent out so far. I'm in the first 10, been waiting for final word. Every week there seems to be another delay of another week, but I guess that's pinball. I'll be posting when mine shows up, whenever that may be.
So the people playing it at Pintastic this weekend will be the first seeing the production machines. Looking forward to the videos myself.

I don't know the status myself, but I wonder if they're waiting to have enough machines to ship a whole container? I'm guessing they just ate the cost of shipping the two so that they could have games on hand for people to try.

#196 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't know the status myself, but I wonder if they're waiting to have enough machines to ship a whole container? I'm guessing they just ate the cost of shipping the two so that they could have games on hand for people to try.

I was making arrangements for direct air cargo of my game, I didn't want to wait for a container. Since I'm so early in production I thought it would be fun to be the first, so stick it on a plane (my cost) and send 'er over!

So, that isn't the holdup for my game. Last I heard from Andrew last week it would ship this Friday but because I haven't heard anything so far this week (and haven't paid the final 50%) I'm doubting it is going out.

#197 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I was making arrangements for direct air cargo of my game, I didn't want to wait for a container. Since I'm so early in production I thought it would be fun to be the first, so stick it on a plane (my cost) and send 'er over!
So, that isn't the holdup for my game. Last I heard from Andrew last week it would ship this Friday but because I haven't heard anything so far this week (and haven't paid the final 50%) I'm doubting it is going out.

He's been so busy this last week or two that I've barely spoken to him, and we've been talking daily, so I imagine the last press to get games ready has been busy. But don't ask me, I don't really know myself.

#198 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

He's been so busy this last week or two that I've barely spoken to him, and we've been talking daily, so I imagine the last press to get games ready has been busy. But don't ask me, I don't really know myself.

Oh, I believe it. Just bummed I'm still waiting is all. Will be dying of envy hearing about the Pintastic games.

#199 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Oh, I believe it. Just bummed I'm still waiting is all. Will be dying of envy hearing about the Pintastic games.

I feel for you...but positive spin.....think about how many people are potentially going to play/love this game and place orders while yours is already safety in position to be on the first container heading this way very soon. A spot to be envious of, for sure...I'm happy for you, and anxious to see your videos soon....mark

#200 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Great attitude Frolic! Slow to anger & a Very patient man, I wish I was that way!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

There are 560 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heighway-ships-games/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.