Topic Stats

• 560 posts
  • 177 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Zampinator
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 44 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

FTDelivery.jpg
Screen_Shot_2015-09-10_at_10.51.20_pm.png
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image_3.jpg
image_2.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
Capture.jpg
Logo1-vert.jpg
Alien-LB.jpg
aliens-poster-2.jpg
baffle_ball_poster.jpg
bacardi_machine.jpg
assembly_area.jpg
pinsound_display.jpg

There are 560 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 12.
#101 3 years ago

How many games do you expect to produce weekly?

#102 3 years ago

Noice!

#103 3 years ago

One of those games in that video is mine .

#104 3 years ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

I can't wait until you guys starting pumping out 100's of games per month.

In that regard, they would need to have a big staff of trained workers on the line to put these together, not just a few of the techs that put these two together. I wonder where they are in terms of getting assembly workers trained?

#105 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Double sided printing on the translite? didn't expect that!

Very, very nice!!!!

#106 3 years ago

Congrats.

I have not been paying attention.

How much?
If I were to place an order today, when would i realistically get a game?

#107 3 years ago

That printer is fracking sexy!

#109 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

One of those games in that video is mine .

Those games are on their way to Pintastic!

#110 3 years ago

Great update! Can't wait for what's next!

#111 3 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Those games are on their way to Pintastic!

Yes I know, but 1 of the 10 on the line is mine.

#112 3 years ago

Loved that video! This is how all pinball companies should communicate with their customers. Heighway is leading by example

Im not in on FT, but my interest in buying an Alien is rising with each production update. I'm impressed. Keep up the great work guys!

#113 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Congrats.
I have not been paying attention.
How much?
If I were to place an order today, when would i realistically get a game?

Andrew really needs to do a "if you haven't been paying attention" thread soon, but I think it will probably make more sense to wait until things are just slightly further along, and they have time to film a gameplay video, which I know they're planning on. Also would be sweet to get that video of playfield swapping!!

Andrew should be asleep at the moment, so I'll answer what I can:

So I'm not a Full Throttle expert, so just speaking as a normal, nom-Heighway affiliated person, the Standard games are $5,950.00 if the price on the site is still current. The LE is listed as $7,750.00.

The Standard is more more feature-packed than a Stern Premium, Heighway isn't making any "Pro" models, where features are chopped down.

Every game has 100% RGB lighting. The GI, inserts, flashers, all individually addressable in any color. They all have the color LCD display in the playfield. Full rez graphics, not pseudo dots or anything.

The LE's add some stuff. For Alien the LE will have powder coated hardware, an exclusive backglass and lit side art package, fiber optic ramp lighting, and interactive spinning yellow beacons on top (2).

You can't get the art without the LE, but you can purchase the lighting and topper features to put them on a "standard".

And the system really makes sense, when you add in the fact that every game is modular.A bit like Pin2K, you can swap in new games. But even easier. The backglass is a single unit, speaker panel and all, and can be quickly and easily removed. The lit side art is removable too. Swap in new art, fast and easy. The playfield comes out and can be stored on its rails. Put new playfield in, hook things up, boom. Store the old playfield in the new playfield's box, under the pin.

You just doubled your game capacity for that space. Want in on game 2 and 3 and 4? You could keep them all in one cabinet if you choose. I'm gonna sound like a shill here, but I think it's a killer feature for people tight on space. Small house or room for a collection, or just out of room because you have a sh*tone of pins, it's great.

I'm tapped out at 10 right now (one on loan from Snaroff, thanks my friend) and just won't want to shuffle a ton at the moment. I have some specific pins I'm looking for (in an 80s frame of mind, where's my Medusa?) and other than that I'm pretty set. When I get my Alien it will be awesome to be able to add a new game if I feel like it without having to sell a game.

Anyways, rambling. No idea when you'd get a game. But they're gearing up to start pushing out games, so my uninformed opinion is that "soon" will be the answer in one fashion or another. They're gonna be taking orders at the New England show for sure. It's a fast game, and in a wide body that's a cool thing.

#114 3 years ago

Congratulations for shipping the first games! Though it's taken a while (like with most pinball-startups), it's a great accomplishment. I hope production will 'accelerate' and customers will soon get their games and Heighway can start making some money (and develop more games ).

#115 3 years ago

Do they use mylar etc. for protection (around popbumpers etc. )? Have read that other new companies dont and it looks like they should have.

#116 3 years ago

Gameplay video describing the pin would be awesome. Happy to hear that they will be shooting some footage soon.

The communication have been second to none from Heighway. The only thing I am missing on their website is some detailed playfield pictures or a shot map of the pin. I feel that things like that is really important to people considering buying a pin, but I guess that such things will pop up soon enough, now that the game is almost ready to ship.

Also, a detailed video of all the unique features of their brand new system (there is a lot of them) is important to lure people in. Maybe a playfield swap video also.

When we see all the benefits this new system has to offer explained in detail, I am pretty sure that a lot more pinheads will be taking the Heighway route soon enough.

Just the fact that I am able to buy new pinball games (without the cabinet) at an affordable price, makes this a sweet deal.

The new backbox and the playfield glass frame will take some time getting used to for some. It's only natural. But I bet that most of the players will come around when they see all the benefits to this new system.

Another huge benefit: In less than a month, I will have a brand new pinball machine with almost complete code installed. Now, that is a rare thing

#117 3 years ago

I am interested for on route so others can see and play new games. I also like the idea of when I have an issue with one pf, I could drop in a new game and take the old one home to shop out and rebuild if needed.

so 6k for the first game?

how much for each additional kit?

How quickly are kits supposed to come? I assume Aliens is the next kit coming?

#118 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am interested for on route so others can see and play new games. I also like the idea of when I have an issue with one pf, I could drop in a new game and take the old one home to shop out and rebuild if needed.
so 6k for the first game?
how much for each additional kit?
How quickly are kits supposed to come? I assume Aliens is the next kit coming?

$6,150 for Full Throttle Standard Edition, + shipping within the USA (from a U.S. port), + sales tax (if applicable)

You can expect game upgrade kits to be approximately 60% of the cost of a complete game

We have 3 games planned per year.

Full Throttle, followed by Alien Pinball, followed by two more licensed games

#119 3 years ago

Any Alien teaser videos .... If Stern doesn't produce Jaws I have a feeling the "two more licensed games" perhaps one of those is Jaws !?

#120 3 years ago

Andrew how do you plan to update the software - USB, wifi, Ethernet?
Will updates become available quarterly or does this need to be determined?
I would imagine with video involved the update packs would be quite large.

#121 3 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

$6,150 for Full Throttle Standard Edition, + shipping within the USA (from a U.S. port), + sales tax (if applicable)
You can expect game upgrade kits to be approximately 60% of the cost of a complete game

looks cool but I am priced out for the business. When a kit will cost close to that of a Stern pro full game I can't make the numbers add up unfortunately.

I could swing the 6600 shipped for the first game if the kits were at 3k shipped, but at ~4k shipped it is not competitive with the Stern pro model.

#122 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Andrew how do you plan to update the software - USB, wifi, Ethernet?
Will updates become available quarterly or does this need to be determined?
I would imagine with video involved the update packs would be quite large.

All 3 means are possible.

Updates will occur as and when needed - and following feedback from our customers.

The update packs will not be so large

#123 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

looks cool but I am priced out for the business. When a kit will cost close to that of a Stern pro full game I can't make the numbers add up unfortunately.
I could swing the 6600 shipped for the first game if the kits were at 3k shipped, but at ~4k shipped it is not competitive with the Stern pro model.

If that's your stance then we respect that - but why are you comparing our Standard Edition model to a Stern Pro? Our Standard Edition game is full featured - with no game rules or features cut back.

Also - it is impossible to guess what a game's takings may or may not be. $1,000 is not hard to recoup 'if' a game is performing very well on location

#124 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

When a kit will cost close to that of a Stern pro full game I can't make the numbers add up unfortunately.

I don't know the prices, so I'm just going off Andrew's numbers here. But 60% of $6150 = $3690

There will be shipping too, but it will be less than shipping a full game, it's just a playfield box, way easier and lighter than a giant cabinet.

Time will tell how people respond to the model of course. And even if swapping is dead easy you still can only have one game up at once. So I'm not claiming it as a miracle. But it's significantly cheaper than a Stern Pro, for a game that has all the modern bells and whistles. Full RGB lighting for every single light and an LCD screen for starters.

Stern hasn't come close to that in any game, at any level, so far. Closest thing so far is Star Trek Premium, which is in the $6k range, and it still has a LED DMD with low rez dots, and it only has RGB lights for the inserts, the GI is all white, no cool effects. We've seen what Lyman has done with the red, white, and blue GI on Metallica for instance. Imagine being able to individually address individual lamps to any color.

Now you're talking your own route math, so I won't dispute it and what makes sense to you. But as far as pure value goes I can't see anyone else touching Heighway right now. We'll see what Stern's next move is, but the closest thing to these features otherwise are JJP games, and they're more than twice the cost (cheating with the game swapping here) and right now they're only shipping WOZ, with Hobbit still a question mark as far as schedule.

I'm obviously biased!! I want Alien to be a big success, of course. But outside of that I really do think it's good for the industry to have new competition that's releasing modern, full featured games, with a model that allows them to be purchased at a price point that's simply unavailable from any other new in box experience.

It seems like every other game that comes out is just pushing prices higher and higher. We need some sanity from all the alternatives approaching $10k, not by Xmas, but first shipped.

#125 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The LE's add some stuff. For Alien the LE will have powder coated hardware, an exclusive backglass and lit side art package, fiber optic ramp lighting, and interactive spinning yellow beacons on top (2).

THIS^^^^

This is exactly what I wanted to hear! The fact that you have the option to add the optic ramp lighting (awesome feature) and those beacons to a standard is huge. I cannot wait for the Alien reveal & to finally see your artwork. I'm seriously holding off any other purchases until I see more on Alien. As a huge fan, I think it's going to be a really special pin.

#126 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You can't get the art without the LE,

what if an LE owner needs a replacement from damage or just wants a backup spare?

#127 3 years ago

Exciting stuff, cant wait to see the future licenced titles.

#128 3 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

what if an LE owner needs a replacement from damage or just wants a backup spare?

No clue. I believe the LE also comes with the Standard art too, but don't quote me on that.

I doubt they'll sell "spares". Kinda ruins the whole LE aspect. No one else does that. Maybe a Stern-style replacement policy?

#129 3 years ago

Wow this is some awesome juice for sure. Go Heighway! Wish you all the success.

#130 3 years ago

If that's your stance then we respect that - but why are you comparing our Standard Edition model to a Stern Pro? Our Standard Edition game is full featured - with no game rules or features cut back.
Also - it is impossible to guess what a game's takings may or may not be. $1,000 is not hard to recoup 'if' a game is performing very well on location

$1000 is a sizable amount to make up for the 2 locations we have and our town in general (I wish they brought in more and we could just buy every new game that comes out). I am comparing your standard to a Stern pro becuase they both take up the same amount of floor space and those are the cheapest available models offered for either company. If I want a new game to put on route, my current options are a Stern (pro, prem, or LE) or Heighway it seems currently.

Stern LE is out because it costs so much
Premium is out becuase it also costs more and you can't get it quickly once delivery starts >> our players like the next new thing so no reason to pay more and wait for a premium that will take way longer to pay off.

It seems to me you are trying to compete with Stern and that is great!
However, it is a BIG hurdle when the only option is your standard model which costs ~2k more delivered than what a Stern pro can be found for.

I do like the idea of your kit, but again that means I still only have 1 game earning money and now I am sitting at around 10.5k (one full game and one kit in waiting). When I can get any 2 Stern Pros that will undoubtedly make more than any 1 game (no matter how awesom it is) then I am left with little choice.

I would love to be able to support you, but am not sure how the numbers can add up in my situation. I really wish there was a way to make the math work?

DO you offer an operator discount since we would obviously be supporting the game and having it on route for lots of other potential buyers to evaluate and purchase? Feel free to PM me if you want to take it offline for such discussion.

#131 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

DO you offer an operator discount since we would obviously be supporting the game and having it on route for lots of other potential buyers to evaluate and purchase? Feel free to PM me if you want to take it offline for such discussion.

#132 3 years ago

I'm just talking generally, but I hope for Heighway's sake a "full featured" pinball will out earn a basic Stern Pro. Because otherwise the economics are basically as you laid out.

If the general public truly doesn't care, then what is the point? I can only hope Heighway is onto something and his model will generate more location play.

Obviously we're right at the start of things, the machines are just starting to trickle out, so it is all theory. Hopefully things will be more clear in the coming months and attract more location play.

#133 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

$1000 is a sizable amount to make up for the 2 locations we have and our town in general (I wish they brought in more and we could just buy every new game that comes out). I am comparing your standard to a Stern pro becuase they both take up the same amount of floor space and those are the cheapest available models offered for either company. If I want a new game to put on route, my current options are a Stern (pro, prem, or LE) or Heighway it seems currently.
Premium is out becuase it also costs more and you can't get it quickly once delivery starts >> our players like the next new thing so no reason to pay more and wait for a premium that will take way longer to pay off.
However, it is a BIG hurdle when the only option is your standard model which costs ~2k more delivered than what a Stern pro can be found for.
I do like the idea of your kit, but again that means I still only have 1 game earning money and now I am sitting at around 10.5k (one full game and one kit in waiting). When I can get any 2 Stern Pros that will undoubtedly make more than any 1 game (no matter how awesom it is) then I am left with little choice.
I would love to be able to support you, but am not sure how the numbers can add up in my situation. I really wish there was a way to make the math work?

One way to remedy that would be to sell your old playfield kit once you receive the new one. That way you recoup $3k-ish and are no longer sitting on top of $10.5k worth of equipment ($4k of which isn't being used). Then you can easily switch in a new game, and refresh your earnings by getting the next new and popular game.

It's not a perfect solution, and I do agree that Stern pros are probably still going to be the way to go to maximize earnings, however the Heighway system certainly is more convenient (no moving and releveling games), but since it makes it so you only have one game instead of two you will be earning a bit less.

#134 3 years ago

I am definatley intrigured and not meaning to be harsh on Heighway. I would LIKE to be able to support and just talking out loud on how the math makes out in my situation.

Will fullT and aliens be at expo this year? It would be nice to put some time on both and be able to make a decision then based on play if I feel I can take the added risk/cost.

#135 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

So how many games do you op at once? Like, your players want the hot new thing, do you keep it around and add the new hot new thing?

I'm curious if the Heighway model isn't ideal for small ops, because you invest in the cabinet/game, then when earnings on it slow you buy the next game kit, and swap, for cheaper than a Stern Pro. And if you sell the routed game kit you recover some of the initial investment. Or, you keep it and swap it every once in a while to mix things up.

I dunno, opping games outside of a barcade seems like a crazy thing to even do anymore, sadly, so it's hard for me to see the logic. Even the cheapest Stern Pro is a ton of money. But if the Heighway model helps ops then I'm all for it.

#136 3 years ago

Currently 2 locations with 13 games in total

The problem I see is that it will be nearly impossible to sell the kits. Atleast for the next few years? I assume everyone buying a game is getting fullT and then the hope is that those people are also going to buy the aliens kit?

How long till I could even sell the FullT kit to someone that does not have it?

#137 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

How about a discount for home owners who aren't in the hobby to make money off machines then? Sounds pretty ridiculous hey?

#138 3 years ago
Quoted from Gorno:

How about a discount for home owners who aren't in the hobby to make money off machines then? Sounds pretty ridiculous hey?

I would say that sounds VERY ridiculous.

I am not sure about other ops but I am yet to make a dime. Everything is for the fun of it, but to be enjoyable I need to know the game will get paid off eventually.

Think of it like this (more of a reality). I am buying a game and sharing it with everyone else for .50 to 1.00 per play. I do all the work to keep it running and playing great (don't foget the 2am phone calls, the insurance, the liability, the spilt drinks>> you know all the fun stuff). You show up and play whenever you want.

By the way, if you have a new game you are selling I will share it with more people in 1 week than most home owners will in the next year. That is simply good business for any pinball manufacturer to get their games out for the public to play, esp in good locations which take care of the games.

For example, I know 3 people that are now purchasing a Stern KISS because we have one on route they were able to play and decide they liked. That is a huge value to a pinball manufacturer. There are likely more people buying KISS after playing teh one we have on route, but confirmed I know 3 people!

#139 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Currently 2 locations with 13 games in total
The problem I see is that it will be nearly impossible to sell the kits. Atleast for the next few years? I assume everyone buying a game is getting fullT and then the hope is that those people are also going to buy the aliens kit?
How long till I could even sell the FullT kit to someone that does not have it?

I actually assume Alien sales will be way bigger than Full Throttle. Licensed game vs unlicensed is enough. So probably a lot of Alien buyers who would be down to get a deal on a Full Throttle kit to check it out.

#140 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I actually assume Alien sales will be way bigger than Full Throttle. Licensed game vs unlicensed is enough. So probably a lot of Alien buyers who would be down to get a deal on a Full Throttle kit to check it out.

very possible.

Other thing is that untill I know there is for sure 2 or 3 kits ready to rock, I have no gaurentee that they will come.

#141 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I would say that sounds VERY ridiculous.
I am not sure about other ops but I am yet to make a dime. Everything is for the fun of it, but to be enjoyable I need to know the game will get paid off eventually.

And that's the risk you take. You are no more deserving of a discount than anyone else. Especially discussing it in a public forum. That's just tacky.

#142 3 years ago

I know Heighway is very interested in the operator market. Things like the way you can replace the flippers easily on location are geared towards operators. But frankly their prices are already low. Anyone else offering a feature set remotely like what they have is charging at least $8,000.

Stern still has the lowest priced games out there. And the Pro can be a solid value, or annoyingly budget cut, depends on the model really.

The modular Heighway option gives you some price flexibility for sure. If that doesn't work for you then so it goes.

I think it's cool that you're operating games, so don't take this the wrong way, but if you're doing it for the love of it and not really making any money then it's just a passion project, and not something that actually makes a lot of sense, from a cold, hard logic perspective. Sadly I feel like that's pinball operating in general now, but what do I know. I live in a wasteland as far as games on location.

#143 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

and not something that actually makes a lot of sense, from a cold, hard logic perspective

you are 100% correct. It makes very little sense. If you are doing this for the money, you are being silly IMHO.

That said, I can't take risks at 6600 for an extension of the hobby.

I wish the math would work out somehow. Maybe in the future I can see more of the functionality of the games (maybe at Expo?) and then decide that the added features are worth the added risk???

#144 3 years ago

I'm so excited for the Alien pin experience. That's the title I suspect that's going to make huge ripples across the pin industry and turn it on its ear and really get Heighway out there.

As a non-operator, but a meager simple home player (TWD), I for one plan on buying 2 of Heighways licensed full pins to maximize fun, exposure to the latest and greatest, and to swap back and forth as whim dictates as my "playfield library" continually grows - all while minimizing dedicated space in my play room.

I'm never going to be a 20 pin owner. But I will be one of those guys with a couple or 3 pins in his playroom with 20 playfields someday. While I suspect I will leave the Alien LE pin alone, I'll be trading out the Ghostbusters playfield for Back To The Future or vice versa depending on which order they are introduced!

#145 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

you are 100% correct. It makes very little sense. If you are doing this for the money, you are being silly IMHO.
That said, I can't take risks at 6600 for an extension of the hobby.
I wish the math would work out somehow. Maybe in the future I can see more of the functionality of the games (maybe at Expo?) and then decide that the added features are worth the added risk???

I don't route machines, but understand math.....if ( just an " if" ) the Heighway model out earns the pro side by side, then simply buying 2 different titles ( Full Throttle and Aliens) w cabs...leaving at your 2 locations, and just swapping the play fields could make the earnings sway to Heighway fairly quick ( not even factoring in the swapping machines vs play fields labor cost).

Then reliability, ease of on site service, etc. Have to factor in the equation.......my 2 cents...for the " fun of it" and " supporting the hobby" , you would need to buy 2 full, different machines and swap the play fields ( not to mention Aliens is going to be the most played, desired title on route and not...period)...mark

#146 3 years ago

Hoping " apples and oranges" when side by side, and people will pay to play the best (?)...Hell, when their 2nd licensed title is released, suspect the buzz will translate to cheese....for Heighway and Ops...

#147 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Every game has 100% RGB lighting. The GI, inserts, flashers, all individually addressable in any color. They all have the color LCD display in the playfield. Full rez graphics, not pseudo dots or anything.

You forgot the SHAKER motor!!!
http://heighwaypinball.com/Gamenew/

Definitely a lot of neat things happening with the Heighway full featured tech:

http://heighwaypinball.com/about-us/
Scroll down for the list of pinball deliciousness

#148 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I don't route machines, but understand math.....if ( just an " if" ) the Heighway model out earns the pro side by side, then simply buying 2 different titles ( Full Throttle and Aliens) w cabs...leaving at your 2 locations, and just swapping the play fields could make the earnings sway to Heighway fairly quick ( not even factoring in the swapping machines vs play fields labor cost).

I don't see any reason why the Heighway would earn more than a pro. The general public doesn't care if it is a different company. It's all about theme and if it's fun. You can make the argument that a new pf is a different game, but at the 4K mark - it's the same amount almost as a pro. Hopefully they can lower the price over time. The modular interchange is a great idea, just hope the economics can work.

#149 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

You forgot the SHAKER motor!!!

Honestly I've got tunnel vision, I'm really focused on certain parts, and kind of unaware of the rest, so you're right, totally forgot.

#150 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Hopefully they can lower the price over time.

I don't see how. No one is offering what they are at that price point, already cramming a ton of things in the games. They're competing, price-wise, against Stern Premiums, but offering more than Stern ever has.

I'll take a $6k pin over a $10k one, so I guess I'm a boiled frog.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
$ 279.95
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 560 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 12.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside