Capture.jpg
Logo1-vert.jpg
Alien-LB.jpg
aliens-poster-2.jpg
baffle_ball_poster.jpg
bacardi_machine.jpg
assembly_area.jpg
pinsound_display.jpg
There are 560 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 12.
#1 8 years ago

It's a very proud moment today for myself, and everyone associated with my company, as we complete our first 2 production games, box them and ship them out.

This event also sees us making history as we are now officially the UK's first ever mainstream manufacturer of coin-operated pinball machines.

It has taken 3.5 years to get to this point, but we have designed what we believe to be a truly innovative pinball system that will be used for many years to come.

We would like to thank Full Throttle customers for their patience, as their games will start to be completed from next week onwards. The first 2 games are USA show games, and these games are heading for Boston for the Pintastic New England show early next month.

From this point onwards, we will be concentrating on upscaling our business. Much of the hard work has been done now. We have our suppliers, we have a lot of parts in stock. We have also fine-tuned a lot of our manufacturing processes, which will see us complete many of these processes in-house from now on. More news about this shortly.

Our factory and our facilities are set up to allow us to make hundreds of games a month. This can be increased to thousands of games a month by using the second half of our factory, if the business dictates it. We have started slowly, and will start upscaling from this point onwards.

So - thanks for following us so far and we all hope you enjoy the game we have now, and the games we have planned for the future.

Andrew Heighway
CEO

IMG_6514.jpgIMG_6514.jpg

IMG_6517.jpgIMG_6517.jpg

IMG_6522.jpgIMG_6522.jpg

IMG_6511.jpgIMG_6511.jpg

IMG_6505.jpgIMG_6505.jpg

#2 8 years ago

I wish you nothing but success...

#3 8 years ago

Fantastic Andy (&Team)!

So who are the lucky punters?

#4 8 years ago

Congratulations!

#5 8 years ago

Jolly good show chaps!!

Wishing HP all the best for the future :0)

#6 8 years ago

Well done.

#7 8 years ago

History is made . Let's hope the new wave of modular pinball systems is wildly successful. One spot in the gameroom for many great games. Bring on Aliens!

Great job Heighway.

#8 8 years ago

Can't wait to try them out at Pintastic next month. Many congrats!

#9 8 years ago

Congrats! Well earned.

#10 8 years ago

Just Awesome! Great things to come to you and your team for their hard work!

#11 8 years ago

Badass. Holding a pint in the air for you, and yes it's noonish here.

signed,

i want one.

#12 8 years ago

Congrats andrew! It took u a while to bring it all together the way u want it, but ur delivering!

i flipped the prototype at expo, and i thought it was a fun game to play! I wish u Nothing but the best mate.

Cheers Roy

#13 8 years ago

That's truly awesome. CONGRATS!!

#14 8 years ago

Great news! Look forward to playing a production unit!

#15 8 years ago

And so it begins.......great news

#16 8 years ago

Woo!

I want to step outside my role on Alien for the moment, because I've had absolutely nothing to do with Full Throttle. So neutral observer hat on here, as best I can:

I know it's been filled with challenges, and you're getting this game out later than you had hoped, but I truly believe the Heighway communication method has been the best we've seen from any company. You've kept people updated on progress. You've posted photos and videos of the factory, of the line, of the parts and build process. There was never any doubt that your setup was legit, or that things weren't happening. When something held things up that you couldn't help (like the ball guides being subpar quality) you simply explained the problem. When you posted updates you tried to list the next steps and where you hope to be soon.

It's really a model that everyone could learn from. Manufacturing is tough. Some 3rd party you vetted and trusted can still throw your whole operation for a loop, through no fault of your own. But when you keep people in the loop and stay transparent as best you can (business being business) you keep people's confidence.

Nothing beats shipping games though. These are just the start.

#17 8 years ago

Congratulations to you and your team! A milestone for sure.

#18 8 years ago

Congrats! Awesome news for pinball.

#19 8 years ago

Now that's quite a cool update. Made up for everyone at Heighway Pinball especially Andrew.
Enjoy the moment

#20 8 years ago

The first of many, congrats!!

#21 8 years ago

Congrats, this is awesome!

#22 8 years ago

Congrats to you guys at Hieghway Pinball! Not an owner of your first pin, but it looks wicked fast and one I'm contemplating on owning one day. That being said I am an pre-owner for an Aliens LE. Updates never come fast enough...that being said I'm ecstatic that your attention on getting Full Throttle out the door was the #1 priority and updates with Aliens 2nd! Great to know there is another builder of pinball whom we as enthusiast and collectors of this fun hobby can look forward to purchasing great games from.

Congratulations to all of the Full Throttle owners...I can't wait for you to get your games! Cheers!

#23 8 years ago

YES!

Well, with that out of the way, Aliens ships out next week I assume?

#24 8 years ago

Rock it! Well done!

#25 8 years ago

Seeing new pinball machines in new boxes with new logos... thats a very exciting thing for pinball man. So cool! I'm going to have some Fish & Chips to celebrate. See you at PNE2015 Andrew!

#26 8 years ago

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#27 8 years ago

Congrats! Any gameplay footage available from the shipped machines?

#28 8 years ago

Keep up the great works!

#29 8 years ago

Success! Congrats

#30 8 years ago

Nice! Very nice!

I am looking forward to playing this. As a guy who is out of space (11pins) I love the idea of a modular system. Here's hoping that my collection will have several heighway pins over the next decade - that will keep my wife happy too (more space for smaller stuff).

Cheers, I will raise a toast (boddingtons) tonight!

#31 8 years ago

BITCH'IN more game to play. Congrats

#32 8 years ago

Excellent news. I hope to see one soon. I even contemplated buying one and then remembered that I have no money, and a wife/family.

#33 8 years ago

Wooohoooo!!!

Congrats. Nice to see another machine shipping. All the best to you and your team. Can't wait to try it out!

#34 8 years ago

good times!!

#35 8 years ago

Merthyr the new Chicago !

#36 8 years ago

Congrats!!!

Also, I LOVE the underside of that playfield. Awesome looking!

#37 8 years ago

Congrats!

Love the look of the underside too. So neat. So sexy.

#38 8 years ago

Congratulations on manufacturing a pinball machine with little or no drama Looking forward to playing FT in the future.

madeinwales.jpgmadeinwales.jpg

#39 8 years ago

Congrats, y'all!

#40 8 years ago

Congratulations! We now have 3 functioning pinball factories and a small builder. So good to have choice in the marketplace.

#41 8 years ago

Would love to see some well shot game play of the final shipping product...and a demonstration of the ease of removing a playfield, etc (for folks that are looking to buy both Full Throttle and Aliens). Heck...how about a quick video factory tour!!!

#42 8 years ago

Great job and congratulations!!

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Heck...how about a quick video factory tour!!!

Not sure if you saw this one already, it's close to a tour:

Andrew had to be out of the office this last week for personal reasons, but now that he's back I imagine there will be more updates on Full Throttle, the push was to get these games out in time to make the show in New England.

This is an awesome start, but I'm really waiting for the first home delivery reviews!

#44 8 years ago

A huge congratulations to you all! Hoping for lots more in the future!

#45 8 years ago

Congrats!

#46 8 years ago

Have a pic of the playfield lay out and such?

#47 8 years ago

Kudos to Andrew for wearing shorts in winter in Wales. A hardy man indeed.

And for shipping pinball machines! Nice.

rd.

#48 8 years ago

Excellent!

#50 8 years ago

Congrats!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 560 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heighway-ships-games/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.