• 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by NeilMcRae
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

heighway alien (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manimal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 6 years ago

Requested refund of my deposit June 2, 2107. No communication as of yet. Also disputing the charge with my credit card company. Tried to dispute through PayPal, but they are resisting so far. My guess is they feel they cannot get anything back from Heighway, so they are going to drag their feet on each case.

Really wanted this to work out, and I still hope they get this turned around so I can jump back in.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

2107?! What's life like? Any pins left?

Yep, Alien just started rolling off the line, and Stern is charging 25K for the pro model of the 75th installment of Star Wars, the final movie where we find out it was a dream and Luke didn't really shoot J.R. (sorry if I spoiled the ending for anyone)

2 weeks later
#59 6 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

yes and no... either way they certainly aren't doing everything to repair that... i did stop following the other threads, but i doubt much has changed....
It's a mess and it will probably stay a mess for a long time... it is what it is...
I can't support them as a business anymore given how things were handled. I'd rather funnel my money to other companies. CGC has been doing a fantastic job communicating and ACTUALLY making machines. As far as I'm concerned they are setting the bar for every other company. They have already produced more AFMr's than Heighway did Alien machines. In a matter of a few months.

Keep in mind folks with all of the credit card chargebacks, they are going to have a "credit rating" hole to dig out of which compounds their financial issues. If they are working purely with their own capital, then they are probably ok. But if they need to secure any financing, that will be an uphill battle with the same company name. I would have thought it would have been easier for them to dissolve the original company and form a new LLC for credit rating purposes alone.

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I don't blame any of you guys for filing chargebacks or doing whatever you think is best BUT...
Buying a company is different from buying an an Ipad at a Best Buy.
I bought a small business (existing) and by the time we had successfully secured financing, it had taken over 6 months.
This has GOT to be far more complicated than that.
Patience fellas.

Yea, except patience in some cases can cost you a bunch of money. You either have to make a decision to wait this out and leave your money in play, or do all you can to get your money back. If you wait for them to respond, you can run over time limits for chargebacks, and then you are just at their mercy. I understand them wanting to get information out to the masses to calm folks down, but they should not have told people they would get refunds if they want them. I think that was an under-estimation of how pissed folks are, and how they would react. They would have been better off avoiding that whole subject until they have the company sewn up. But I also don't buy the "it's taking weeks to get through the legal paperwork" excuse either unless they are still not quite telling the truth. They claim to be financing this with private funds, but a basically cash deal for a company isn't that hard.....there is more to this. Even if it was taking forever to get the paperwork in place, they could still be doing refunds if they are as flush with cash as they claim.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manimal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heighway-refunds?tu=manimal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.