• 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by NeilMcRae
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

heighway alien (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frolic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

So, if the new owners bought the I.P. (Intellectual property), but not the debt and promise to begin production on Alien, but only for 'new' buyers... would u still participate? That means everyone with a deposit loses it, but the new investors say they will honor new buyers. What if they offered to cover up to 50% of any monies paid in towards the purchase of the game under Andrew's stewardship?
In other words, if you paid Andrew $8,000 towards an Alien, but the new investors said they could only honor half of payments received ($4,000), would you send another check to cover the $4,000 shortfall? If I was a new investor walking into this shitstorm, I would not agree to cover Andrew's lost monies. I might agree to a 50/50 split with buyers, but not if it created a lot of legal grief for me.
We are still not out of the woods. Not even close. And as far as Dutch pinball goes, 'adios motherfvcker...'

This is a silly thing to ask because we already have seen the corporate documents that the new owners are listed as directors of the existing HP. They've taken charge of the ship. There is no funny re-incorporating.

I suspect, in the end, this is a good buy for the new investors, since much of HP was funded by EU subsidies. They may have bought a fully functioning pinball company with 2 completed titles and manufacturing ability for a song. All they need to do is fulfill existing pre-orders and start pumping out more games for profit.

#71 6 years ago

Whatever side of the fence you are on this whole thing, that is a damn funny knee slapper.

1 week later
#84 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballAlley:

When someone asks you to prepay, they are actually asking you to invest venture capital into their new business. The truth is not only should you get the pinball, but if successful you should get shares in the new company.

I learned my lesson from jpop, and Full Throttle was actually my last "pre order" game. Now everything I buy is through a distributor, basically I'm "ordering" it.

So I never did pre-order Alien and watched everything unfold as a potential customer, and still am. Hopefully they can get it together and I can buy Alien. Cash & carry.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
9,999 (OBO)
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frolic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heighway-refunds?tu=frolic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.