• 86 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by NeilMcRae
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

heighway alien (resized).JPG

There are 86 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 2 years ago

Given the recent developments, I feel it is reasonable to begin a thread regarding refunds from Heighway Pinball in order to collate the data and make it easier for all to access.

I propose posting the date a refund was requested, and subsequently when it was received (if in fact it was). I feel that documentation of the status of other Pinsiders will help alleviate the understandable anxiety regarding recent events.

I personally requested a refund about a year ago:

"Deposit 7/26/15. Refund request 5/13/16. Confirmation email from Heighway regarding cancellation 5/16/16. No refund yet. I'd love for Andrew to pop in and let me know when refund is coming."

After this, I was able to view a video of the game and decided to stay in (my error, in retrospect) with my deposit.

I have, along with the rest of you, patiently waited for my game. I received a request for the next payment on my game over 5 months ago, which I declined to send until the LE artwork was revealed.

At this point, I cannot countenance the ongoing uncertainty and want my money back. I requested a refund again on 6/2/2017. I have received no acknowledgement of my email, though admittedly it was only sent very recently. However, given others' experience with similar requests, I am not optimistic. I will post if and when I do receive a refund. If not, I am open to legal remedies.

Please post when you requested a refund of your fully or partially paid Alien pinball and if/when you received it. Merci.

#2 2 years ago

Gfl there's no money to refund I'm sure

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from bane:

I personally requested a refund about a year ago:
"Deposit 7/26/15. Refund request 5/13/16. Confirmation email from Heighway regarding cancellation 5/16/16. No refund yet. I'd love for Andrew to pop in and let me know when refund is coming."
After this, I was able to view a video of the game and decided to stay in (my error, in retrospect) with my deposit.
I requested a refund again on 6/2/2017. I have received no acknowledgement of my email, though admittedly it was only sent very recently. However, given others' experience with similar requests, I am not optimistic.

Oh man, i hope the best for you (and without beiing negative), in Germany we say: Sometimes you do not get a second chance to correct a mistake.

I think, Alien is a cool theme, but that is Predator also......

Good luck.

#4 2 years ago

Refund request submitted 4th May. ( deposit )

Reply by HP same day advising up to 60 days

#5 2 years ago

Refund requested Oct 31st. Received after a lot of pestering, Dec 20th.

Sad to see how this has turned out, I got the feeling something was wrong when Aimee left suddenly as that's when communications seemed to go down the pan.

#6 2 years ago

I put in my deposit 10/17/14. I was asked to pay up October 2016 because my machine was going in to production. So, I sent in the rest.

This was a pretty big dream theme for me. Honestly, in the end, I think HP dropped the ball. Not impressed with game play videos, the ultimate look of the machine and I'm one of those people pissed that Sigourney Weaver is not represented.

The more I thought about it, the more it started to feel like my journey getting WOZ: a three year wait for a huge disappointment. I decided to jump ship after seeing what the EL wire looked like. The machine is just not for me and I was told I could get a refund, no problem.

Requested refund 5/1/2017. Days later, the shitstorm started. Yay me. I plan to initiate a CC chargeback if nothing happens next week.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from Alphajerk3000:

I decided to jump ship after seeing what the EL wire looked like

Prices of cable tie stocks have plummeted.

#8 2 years ago

HP requested 50% payment September 19, 2016. Since there was no evidence of progress I requested a refund on September 23, 2016. After numerous follow up emails my refund was processed on November 19, 2016.

#9 2 years ago

Requested refund of my deposit June 2, 2107. No communication as of yet. Also disputing the charge with my credit card company. Tried to dispute through PayPal, but they are resisting so far. My guess is they feel they cannot get anything back from Heighway, so they are going to drag their feet on each case.

Really wanted this to work out, and I still hope they get this turned around so I can jump back in.

#10 2 years ago

Op, might I suggest a poll to the affect or close on How many are waiting on a refund, how many will be asking, and how many are waiting for a game?

Perhaps these numbers would help settle some thread issues, and allow others valuable information of help.

Just a thought.....

#11 2 years ago

I almost pulled the trigger on this game last year. However, after reading about some financial trouble on the forums I decided to wait.

Hope you all get your refunds.

Another reason to purchase with Amex.

#12 2 years ago

Discover Card is awesome 224 days later and still can do a chargeback. I did a PIFull Discover through PAYPAL at Expo.

They immediately ruled in my favor. Heighway has 60 days to ship me a machine or renegotiate. Pulled the trigger on chargeback last week when things went to shit.

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

Requested refund of my deposit June 2, 2107. No communication as of yet. Also disputing the charge with my credit card company. Tried to dispute through PayPal, but they are resisting so far. My guess is they feel they cannot get anything back from Heighway, so they are going to drag their feet on each case.
Really wanted this to work out, and I still hope they get this turned around so I can jump back in.

2107?! What's life like? Any pins left?

#15 2 years ago

What does "refund" mean in German?

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Penis, obviously.

#17 2 years ago

Maybe he used a translator software and typed in this:

Sei kein Schwanz

or this

Flipperfelsen

#18 2 years ago

Add me to list of those wanting a refund. Paid in full Oct 2016 - HP said they had 20th century fox approval and were full steam ahead with production. In addition to promises of getting game ahead of deposit only's, there was a $135 price break. A rumored container of 20+ was heading soon to US. Implication was you pay and maybe can hop on board the last few spots of that one. Salesman - Aimee D was helpful but a little high pressure. The request was for people to pay 1/2 or full remaining balance at that time. It was a demand.

I requested a refund of $6,425 from Heighway Pinball Ltd in May 2017, to date HP has not responded or acknowledged my request. Initiated a PayPal dispute and since request was older than 180 days, the case was immediately closed (thanks PayPal) Initiated a credit card charge back and currently awaiting their response. Waiting to hear from HP-New before deciding whether to keep my deposit down.

HP-New needs to dig deep and refund all owners and deposit holders and pay vendors to get the project financials whistle clean. Final 5 % of design and all manufacturing costs should be born by HP-New too. There is an existing base of 250 customers interested in buying their product if treated fairly and honorably. There is easily another 750 people already interested in getting an Alien once they are rolling off the line.

Patiently awaiting communication from HP-New as best I can.

#19 2 years ago

Had my $1500 deposit in since 11/3/2014.
Requested a refund 4/30/17.
Heighway responded back 5/5/17 with acknowledgement email stating their refund policy was 30 days but could be up to 60 days because they were moving towards full production.

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Nein.

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

2107?! What's life like? Any pins left?

Yep, Alien just started rolling off the line, and Stern is charging 25K for the pro model of the 75th installment of Star Wars, the final movie where we find out it was a dream and Luke didn't really shoot J.R. (sorry if I spoiled the ending for anyone)

#22 2 years ago

Based on what we've seen the only way to actually get a refund is through a dispute or chargeback.

Heighway refunded half, but only after i filed disputes through PayPal and locked their PayPal account as a result. The other half was never refunded and that's sitting at 45+ days. I got my money back through the disputes, but not through Heighway.

Did everyone else get the B.S. email from the new "owners"?

#23 2 years ago

Paid in full Alien LE. Requested full refund May 2017. No response to multiple emails.

Received the email from the new investors yesterday. Repeated my insistence that my full refund be processed ASAP & nothing will change my mind.

Waiting for their response.

Processing refunds should be the FIRST priority of this new ownership group. Until they made good on refunds, there will be many disgruntled customers who will continue to voice their frustrations to anyone who will listen. They don't need anymore bad press, so process those refunds ASAP. The sooner this happens, the easier it will be for them to move on & rebuild the company.

I still think Alien is a great machine. I am pulling for the project to reach mass production. Just leave me out of it at this point.

#24 2 years ago

"You're getting your game whether you want it or not!"

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Penis, obviously.

Arschloch , sieger !

#26 2 years ago

The Czech is in the mail........

#27 2 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Prices of cable tie stocks have plummeted.

Panduit is a private S Corporation......

#28 2 years ago

Deposit placed on 11/15/15. Request for refund email sent on 6/6/17. 2nd request for refund email sent on 6/8/17. Yet to receive a response as of right now 6/9/17 12:48am CST

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

Deposit placed on 11/15/15. Request for refund email sent on 6/6/17. 2nd request for refund email sent on 6/8/17. Yet to receive a response as of right now 6/9/17 12:48am CST

Yeah you won't....

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

Yeah you won't....

Check the Rebirth thread for more breaking news. Sounds positive for refunds.

#31 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Check the Rebirth thread for more breaking news. Sounds positive for refunds.

I read that one too... still nothing regarding refunds and I still wouldn't expect any motion on that for awhile. they will be doing everything they can to delay refunds just like Andrew did. It's in their best interest to keep people in.

1 week later
#32 2 years ago

A few weeks have passed since Heighway-New announced their existence and promised to provide Alien pinball buyers a plan.

Has anybody see their refund initiated by Heighway-New yet? How about received acknowledgement of a refund request? Heighway-New has been largely silent with regard to its actions to provide refunds and their plan for moving production forward is now past due.

#33 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

A few weeks have passed since Heighway-New announced their existence and promised to provide Alien pinball buyers a plan.
Has anybody see their refund initiated by Heighway-New yet? How about received acknowledgement of a refund request? Heighway-New has been largely silent with regard to its actions to provide refunds and their plan for moving production forward is now past due.

I remember seeing one post in one of the many aliens threads that someone got a refund, but only the one I have seen. I would like to see ocnfirmation that anyone asking for a refund is getting them.

Curious, are you waiting on a refund?

#34 2 years ago

So, if the new owners bought the I.P. (Intellectual property), but not the debt and promise to begin production on Alien, but only for 'new' buyers... would u still participate? That means everyone with a deposit loses it, but the new investors say they will honor new buyers. What if they offered to cover up to 50% of any monies paid in towards the purchase of the game under Andrew's stewardship?
In other words, if you paid Andrew $8,000 towards an Alien, but the new investors said they could only honor half of payments received ($4,000), would you send another check to cover the $4,000 shortfall? If I was a new investor walking into this shitstorm, I would not agree to cover Andrew's lost monies. I might agree to a 50/50 split with buyers, but not if it created a lot of legal grief for me.
We are still not out of the woods. Not even close. And as far as Dutch pinball goes, 'adios motherfvcker...'

#35 2 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

So, if the new owners bought the I.P. (Intellectual property), but not the debt and promise to begin production on Alien, but only for 'new' buyers... would u still participate? That means everyone with a deposit loses it, but the new investors say they will honor new buyers. What if they offered to cover up to 50% of any monies paid in towards the purchase of the game under Andrew's stewardship?
In other words, if you paid Andrew $8,000 towards an Alien, but the new investors said they could only honor half of payments received ($4,000), would you send another check to cover the $4,000 shortfall? If I was a new investor walking into this shitstorm, I would not agree to cover Andrew's lost monies. I might agree to a 50/50 split with buyers, but not if it created a lot of legal grief for me.
We are still not out of the woods. Not even close. And as far as Dutch pinball goes, 'adios motherfvcker...'

This is a silly thing to ask because we already have seen the corporate documents that the new owners are listed as directors of the existing HP. They've taken charge of the ship. There is no funny re-incorporating.

I suspect, in the end, this is a good buy for the new investors, since much of HP was funded by EU subsidies. They may have bought a fully functioning pinball company with 2 completed titles and manufacturing ability for a song. All they need to do is fulfill existing pre-orders and start pumping out more games for profit.

#36 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I remember seeing one post in one of the many aliens threads that someone got a refund, but only the one I have seen. I would like to see ocnfirmation that anyone asking for a refund is getting them.
Curious, are you waiting on a refund?

Got $6,425 back last week thanks to my credit card company and that relieves most of my stress. Still have a $1,500 deposit down and have been emailing Heighway-New daily for a refund. Don't mind keeping my deposit at risk for the long game though because I want the game and don't consider the potential loss of my deposit to be excessive. Believe these guys can rescue the project still and expect it will take until year end before Aliens begin popping up everywhere.

Refunding money requests and providing timely and effective customer support are the top two things Heighway-New should be addressing while they define their plans.

Quoted from MrBally:

The Czech is in the mail........

Would love to learn the Czech is in the mail.

#37 2 years ago

Got $6,425 back last week thanks to my credit card company and that relieves most of my stress. Still have a $1,500 deposit down and have been emailing Heighway-New daily for a refund. Don't mind keeping my deposit at risk for the long game though because I want the game.

I hope they come through for you and you get your 1500 deposit back. It is completely unacceptable for anything but full refunds to those requested. I think this is still the #1 most important thing that needs to happen.

Granted, I will say that I can imagine things are a mess to figure out and get people refunds.
The change of ownership, handing over of books, figuring out multiple payments, figuring out previous refunds, cc chargebacks, etc... It has to be a mess to sort out.

#38 2 years ago

Would love to learn the Czech is in the mail.

Please forward this Czech in the mail to me. Thank you.

#39 2 years ago

Got $6,425 back last week thanks to my credit card company

What's sad is that this is how most of us got our money back, which means Heighway just walked away with our money. Hopefully the credit card companies can recover it, otherwise it's clear bullshit that Heighway is essentially stealing the money (at least in my opinion).

Man the contrast to CGC is incredible. The updates and customer service provided is incredible and how it should be for ALL companies.

#40 2 years ago

Well as a customer who is waiting on an $8K refund, I was getting pretty close to breaking out the pitchforks myself. But I received a direct update from them yesterday that helped to ease my frustrations somewhat.

As I understand it (and I'm paraphrasing), they are still in the financial transition phase and waiting to take full control of all aspects of Heighway Pinball, from the books, all the way down to social media & websites, which is making it difficult for them to provide official public statements like they want to. They sounded pretty sincere that they want nothing more to speed up the transition process, but their hands are tied at the moment dealing with the banks & it just has to play itself out. They are gearing up & getting ready for production, but once they get final control of the books & money transferred, then refunds will be processed with no further delays.

They asked for more patience & I'm willing to give them that for the short term. I email them once a week for updates. I don't think it's very constructive to pound sand & vent to them with daily emails of frustration, so we'll see what's up next week & go from there.

#41 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

As I understand it (and I'm paraphrasing), they are still in the financial transition phase and waiting to take full control of all aspects of Heighway Pinball, from the books, all the way down to social media & websites, which is making it difficult for them to provide official public statements like they want to.

Perhaps they should have had their ducks in a row before opening up their pie-holes.

#42 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

As I understand it (and I'm paraphrasing), they are still in the financial transition phase and waiting to take full control of all aspects of Heighway Pinball, from the books, all the way down to social media & websites, which is making it difficult for them to provide official public statements like they want to.

If Heighway himself is already completely out with no more involvement like he mentioned here several days ago, then who do you suppose is in control at this time?

#43 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If Heighway himself is already completely out with no more involvement like he mentioned here several days ago, then who do you suppose is in control at this time?

The secured creditors maybe?

#44 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Well as a customer who is waiting on an $8K refund, I was getting pretty close to breaking out the pitchforks myself. But I received a direct update from them yesterday that helped to ease my frustrations somewhat.
As I understand it (and I'm paraphrasing), they are still in the financial transition phase and waiting to take full control of all aspects of Heighway Pinball, from the books, all the way down to social media & websites, which is making it difficult for them to provide official public statements like they want to. They sounded pretty sincere that they want nothing more to speed up the transition process, but their hands are tied at the moment dealing with the banks & it just has to play itself out. They are gearing up & getting ready for production, but once they get final control of the books & money transferred, then refunds will be processed with no further delays.
They asked for more patience & I'm willing to give them that for the short term. I email them once a week for updates. I don't think it's very constructive to pound sand & vent to them with daily emails of frustration, so we'll see what's up next week & go from there.

I wouldn't buy that BS for one second...

#45 2 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

I wouldn't buy that BS for one second...

Then what do you think is happening?

#46 2 years ago

To 'get control of the books' I think those books might have had to exist in the first place....

#47 2 years ago

It appears they have money to"gear up and get ready for production " but no money for refunds.

#48 2 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

It appears they have money to"gear up and get ready for production " but no money for refunds.

Can I suggest a slight correction in your statement.

It appears they have PRE-ORDER MONEY to gear up production but no money for refunds.

#49 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Then what do you think is happening?

They have control of the company, but they are naturally going to delay as long as possible. I don't believe anyone has actually gotten a refund from them. So if you want to wait for more stringing along, go for it. I would dispute the charges, as that is the only way to get your money back, that has been proven time and time again.

Regardless of new owners/investors/whatever, it's highly unlikely they will be shipping any significant number of games this year.

Meanwhile you've got other companies that released a new product and are already shipping games, spend your money elsewhere....

Naturally all my opinion of course...

#50 2 years ago
Quoted from Grg:

Can I suggest a slight correction in your statement.
It appears they have PRE-ORDER MONEY to gear up production but no money for refunds.

It's not in their best interest to give refunds, just like Andrew. Nothing has changed there.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 399.95
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
$ 248.85
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Mods
$ 55.00
Lighting - Interactive
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Great American Pinball
There are 86 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside