(Topic ID: 201079)

Heighway Pinball support (Full Throttle and Alien)

By SunKing

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,031 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by DawnP
  • Topic is favorited by 60 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“How well is Heighway supporting it's customers?”

• I don't own a Heighway game 127 votes
    72%
  • I own a Heighway game, and the support has been great! 8 votes
    5%
  • I own a Heighway game, and the support has been OK. 16 votes
    9%
  • I own a Heighway game, and the support has NOT been OK. 12 votes
    7%
  • I own a Heighway game, and have received ZERO support despite many requests. 14 votes
    8%

(177 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Alien Playfield Display (resized).jpg
2022-03-18 17.41.44 (resized).jpg
9880B0A4-37D8-4B71-A87F-11FAA5E6B209 (resized).jpeg
20210521_183012 (resized).jpg
20210523_132732 (resized).jpg
20210523_132749 (resized).jpg
20210522_204926 (resized).jpg
E4C76FFF-24EE-488B-AA32-E92469F3CCF9.jpeg
IMG_20200910_133453 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200910_133506 (resized).jpg
P1020769 (resized).JPG
P1020767 (resized).JPG
67C7010C-541D-42A2-8671-135FD90003CC (resized).jpeg
IMG_3415 (resized).JPG
IMG_3414 (resized).JPG
6E18543B-7845-4EB1-818B-B2EDDF49BF07 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #407 Explaination of lighting labels Posted by bcd (5 years ago)

Post #423 Version 1.2 notes Posted by SunKing (5 years ago)

Post #850 Game hardware diagrams Posted by Per_ (5 years ago)

Post #867 Updated hardware diagram Posted by Per_ (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 6 years ago

I just bought an alien and 10 lights in the middle are out, side art and backbox lighting might have an issue too. Game plays well otherwise. CT has reached out to HW and apparently they are talking through it now (10/24). I will keep this thread updated but the latest is that board replacements will be send to correct it. CT has been responsive and from what I've seen thus far, HW is speaking with them often. Let's see how this plays out but I would expect replacement parts should be sent quicker than full pinball machines just based on common sense.

#24 6 years ago

Yes - my playfield monitor just crapped out. This is 3 days owning a brand new production Alien (along with a board issue impacting lights and likely another impacting backlight and side lights not working).

I'm not looking for a refund - working with CT on a replacement that I can check out first as I plan on bringing back in person (live 4 hours away).

The game is a huge hit in my house - great pinball game - I just hope I got a lemon. Will keep you posted.

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Not off to a great start...... hopefully it gets worked out but id be worried if i were in your shoes.

No need to worry bigd. Game will be replaced/fixed or money back. Dealing with CT here and I'm not going to sit around for months to figure it out. The game itself is amazing and I'm enjoying it even more than DI right now. It's a good time to pinball if you ask me.

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Id be terrified and pissed considering the backbox is out, it scores by hitting the flippers, playfield lights are out or flash the wrong color, and the monitor is dead..... that’s amazing? Give it a few days and maybe one flipper still works but I’m sure you will still enjoy it more than DI
PS: Who is going to fix or replace or refund these?

MountainGamer - you need to buy a new iphone and calm down. CT is all over this. The flippers don't score by themselves - that was a stuck switch already fixed by me. There are 10 lights out same string def solder issue. The backlights were going to be replaced anyway with RGB but I would like to figure it out with HW. Monitor the same - although it rebooted and worked again - need to keep an eye on it but I've been told it might be a loose connection apparently.

Bottom line - the game itself plays well but I need to get these issues resolved and I'm confident they will. I'm still enjoying the hell out of the gameplay, sound, etc. It's a very good game. Behind me is a dialed in and that is really good too. Again two different games but Alien is right up there with it and is my leading pin right now.

#35 6 years ago

haha - I knew I could count on your for the X! It does look nice but that price : (

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Dang delt - we all buy things that make us happy..... sorry ive been raining on the HW parade and hope all you new owners are taken care of...... you all deserve better so here’s hoping they come around!

no worries - enjoy the phone.

spfxted - that's CT. Replacement lined up already as I still very much want the game. It's awesome.

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

@ delt31 are you exchanging you Alien with another that CT got in the first shipment(21 or whatever was the first number sent)?
If so then does the person who was supposed to get your replacement have to now wait for the next shipment, or is your replacement coming in another shipment?

No next shipment. Does not impact anyone already scheduled. Also working with HW and CT on current pin.

#65 6 years ago

I don't know guys - as someone who has a production Alien that has some problems, I wouldn't change my decision as I've received timely feedback from CT and HW and actions are already in place. I fully expect them to come through and will report accordingly. I own a Dialed In and already talked to Frank (JJP) twice about some items that have already been corrected.

Let's see how the other guys fair with their machines before passing any major judgment. The game is awesome and will be an absolute hit if it's working as expected. As astro said, many are receiving so we should be getting more feedback shortly.

#93 6 years ago

The game has no mylar - def recommend some on that scoop, alien, inlanes, poppers, etc.

#108 6 years ago

Does anyone know the make/model for the 10" LCD they use in the PF?

#111 6 years ago
Quoted from drypaint:

Had a customer playing Alien today. Got a multiball that seemed to ball save for much too long and during it the playfield LCD went black. A restart did not fix it. I check the connections and that did not help. Any other thoughts. Everything else appears to be fine.

Unplug the dvi for that monitor from there CPU in back... It's left bottom of your standing from left off cab.... and plug in a new one that connects to external monitor to determine if a signal is being received from machine. If it's ok than your playfield lcd is shot. I have experience as mine is shot.....

#121 6 years ago

Thought I would update this thread as well. My 11 lights out is fixed. I had a skype session with the entire team over there at HP and for an hour we talked until realizing an input with 4 prongs didn't have solder or a jumper on two of them. Once that was done, everything worked. Only need my LCD now which is shipping out tomorrow. Should be all set by next week.

Yes this is prob more than I should be doing but even stern has issues and these guys spent the time to help me out. FYI for potential owners. Game has had no other issues for the remaining time I've had it (about 3 weeks now).....and tell me this PF with the lights on doesn't look sick. Look at that alien on the bottom. what a game.

20171108_100359 (resized).jpg20171108_100359 (resized).jpg

#123 6 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

great news! so in the end the fix for your lights was to?? add a jumper or actually solder it?
--JEff

I put a jumper cap over the two prongs but you can solder those together too.

#125 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Thats great you guys found out whats wrong, when did the little lcd stop working? Are they sending you a large lcd as well at the same time?

no Large backbox one is perfect. Same with the small left corner one. It;s the one inside the PF. stopped working a week in.

btw - my beacons are almost in from china. Really just have a few questions left for you on how you did yours. Maybe you can complete the update in the thread as I used it to do the beacons myself.

#147 6 years ago

New pf LCD to be delivered per DHL on Monday. Quick turnaround by HP.

#155 6 years ago

Thought I would close out my open issue with HP. They ended up sending me the PF monitor replacement in 3 days (super quick) and I just installed it. Works great. Machine is 100% - even have the beacons installed. Great customer support from HP and CT.....

#157 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I forgot. Are these the beacons from Heighway, or did you find your own and hook them up...They look great!

Thanks! I bought and installed myself (they are not from HP). They are the same ones Heighway buys and sells though. Mine weren't done at the factory so I didn't have a choice.

1 week later
#166 6 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

I receive the same offer and felt it was risky on a lot of levels and not very economical. So I made a proposal to them. Send me the stuff and I will upgrade mine. I will document the whole procedure and, if they are happy, become their North American customer service center. That is, you can send your game to me and I will do the upgrades here in Michigan. Opposed to sending a game back to the UK. They are thinking about it. I hope they take me up on the offer.

That is a fantastic idea!

1 month later
#190 6 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I Question about the game,mine does not have the pop bumper mag,it is gone,is this new

Glad to hear you have been problem free. Not sure I understand the question though. I can check my pops to see if I see a diff.

I wonder if CT has extras and anyone can get one. Would be great to see. This game will turn heads especially after all the stern recycles.

2 weeks later
#222 6 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

I am hopeful Heighway will take me up on being the North American support location, and we'll do upgrades for people in the U.S. (we're in Michigan). i don't understand why they won't take me up on this. But yea i'm still in the same position everyone else is... waiting to "get a head" (game did not ship with one), and updating the software so we can play a four player game! I don't understand the delay. It makes no sense to me. And we're a museum, not someone's basement. So you would think they would want people to see their game in the best light... And not have a note on the game, "don't play a 4 player game!", and get comments like, "how come the game's most important feature/toy is missing?" *sigh*

it does worry me a bit too b/c the only reason I see is that they're struggling to maintain their inventory with the funds they have. I'm hoping that's not the case b/c this game is so good.

#224 6 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I completed self destruct the first time tonight. such a great game.

nice! I've never came close to that BUT I did get lifecycle MB tonight. The sound when you get lifecycles is so sick (alien's tongue coming out and you can hear the slime dripping off).

1 year later
#933 4 years ago

when you say multi is that during sentinel MB b/c if so, beacons go off during those as well....Could be the issue. Although beacons are such a must in this game. so good.

5 months later
#962 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I'm the one person that actually liked Full Throttle. For years I've wanted one, but have always backed away due to the Heighway situation. Even though they're dead and gone, I've recently been thinking about this game again. From the standpoint of reliability vs. dead-in-the-water potential, should I even consider this game? I know there has been some aftermarket support for Alien, but it has much more of a cult following than Full Throttle, and I'm not sure how universal the aftermarket stuff is.
I don't currently have a lead on a game, but before I get further vested in the idea, I'd like to know exactly how risky it is to buy a Heighway game at this point. Last thing I want is a $4k paperweight.

I feel the same way about this game. I actually like it too but not sure about the support. As an Alien owner parts that are available to work on FT but I know FT has its own specific parts too.....

4k is a steal for this game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
9,799 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heighway-pinball-support-full-throttle-and-alien?tu=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.