(Topic ID: 201079)

Heighway Pinball support (Full Throttle and Alien)

By SunKing

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,031 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by DawnP
  • Topic is favorited by 60 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“How well is Heighway supporting it's customers?”

• I don't own a Heighway game 127 votes
    72%
  • I own a Heighway game, and the support has been great! 8 votes
    5%
  • I own a Heighway game, and the support has been OK. 16 votes
    9%
  • I own a Heighway game, and the support has NOT been OK. 12 votes
    7%
  • I own a Heighway game, and have received ZERO support despite many requests. 14 votes
    8%

(177 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Alien Playfield Display (resized).jpg
2022-03-18 17.41.44 (resized).jpg
9880B0A4-37D8-4B71-A87F-11FAA5E6B209 (resized).jpeg
20210521_183012 (resized).jpg
20210523_132732 (resized).jpg
20210523_132749 (resized).jpg
20210522_204926 (resized).jpg
E4C76FFF-24EE-488B-AA32-E92469F3CCF9.jpeg
IMG_20200910_133453 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200910_133506 (resized).jpg
P1020769 (resized).JPG
P1020767 (resized).JPG
67C7010C-541D-42A2-8671-135FD90003CC (resized).jpeg
IMG_3415 (resized).JPG
IMG_3414 (resized).JPG
6E18543B-7845-4EB1-818B-B2EDDF49BF07 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #407 Explaination of lighting labels Posted by bcd (5 years ago)

Post #423 Version 1.2 notes Posted by SunKing (5 years ago)

Post #850 Game hardware diagrams Posted by Per_ (5 years ago)

Post #867 Updated hardware diagram Posted by Per_ (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Willathrilla.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#880 5 years ago

I'm a new full throttle owner. It was working fine but now when I turn it on the bike wheels start spinning immediately it will start a game but it doesn't feed a ball into play and the flippers don't work. Holding the left flipper does "rev the engine" for the skill shot. I'm a little intimidated working on the heighway machine. Any help would be appreciated.

#882 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Reseat all of the usb cables, on both ends of each cable. I am assuming it was working properly before?

It was working before.

I reset all usb cables a few times, no change.

#884 5 years ago

Active switches show all 6 trough switches, nothing else.
If I remove a ball it says one pinball missing and won't start a game.
With all the balls in, it starts a game but doesn't eject a ball. It never goes into ball search just ends the ball after a while.
All fuses have green lights.
The three boards are all showing the orange and red power lights, have blinking green "live" LEDs and cpu connect LEDs.
I tried switching out the usb cable, no change.

#886 5 years ago

No coils work in test. The wheels keep spinning.
Coils don't work when you start game either. Pop bumpers score but don't pop.
I made sure to pull the coin door switch to power the coils. Machine shows coin door switch closed in active switches.

#890 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Have you tried a factory reset already?

I've tried factory reset.

#891 5 years ago
Quoted from bcd:

Do any coils work? It sounds like the high voltage isn't present at all. I would focus more on the cabinet PCB than the I/O boards.
Go into test mode, select TESTS, then I/O BOARDS. Press the up/down door buttons to cycle through the 4 boards. Use the flipper buttons to cycle through the data for each I/O board. One of the pages shows the voltages that the I/O board is receiving. This is helpful to know if a problem is specific to a board, or if all boards are suffering then it's probably upstream at the cabinet PCB.
Also, I had a bad fuse early on and my bike wheels would spin (slowly) at power up, so it still might be the fuse, even though the LED says otherwise.

None of the coils work. Wheels spin pretty quickly.
I'll check each fuse and I/O boards in test.

#893 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

When you say you checked fuses.... just visually, or with a meter? One could be blown but still have just enough to light the LED.

Quoted from bcd:

Do any coils work? It sounds like the high voltage isn't present at all. I would focus more on the cabinet PCB than the I/O boards.
Go into test mode, select TESTS, then I/O BOARDS. Press the up/down door buttons to cycle through the 4 boards. Use the flipper buttons to cycle through the data for each I/O board. One of the pages shows the voltages that the I/O board is receiving. This is helpful to know if a problem is specific to a board, or if all boards are suffering then it's probably upstream at the cabinet PCB.
Also, I had a bad fuse early on and my bike wheels would spin (slowly) at power up, so it still might be the fuse, even though the LED says otherwise.

Ok, I checked all the fuses with the meter. F2 was no good. Replaced the fuse and that stopped the spinning wheels. All the 1-X and 2-X coils work in the game and in coil test. All the 3-X coils (flippers, kickers, ball eject, etc) don't work in game or coil test.

The IO3 status is showing 70V IN: 0 mV

#894 5 years ago
IMG_20190210_162722 (resized).jpgIMG_20190210_162722 (resized).jpgIMG_20190210_162848 (resized).jpgIMG_20190210_162848 (resized).jpgIMG_20190210_162802 (resized).jpgIMG_20190210_162802 (resized).jpgIMG_20190210_162824 (resized).jpgIMG_20190210_162824 (resized).jpg
#902 5 years ago
Quoted from bcd:

You should see a reading of approximately 70000mV on each I/O board. None of them show that. Even on boards 1 and 2, you're only seeing about 12V.
I would check all of the wiring that carries power to make sure it is firmly inserted everywhere. Also might be a good time to pull out a multi-meter and probe where the voltage is falling out.

Sorry, that's my fault. Those were with coin door open and high voltage off. With the high voltage on they're reading around 71,000.

Here's where I'm at. I've got all I/O showing ok voltages. I've unplugged one leg of the plunger coil. All other switches and coils seem fine. With the plunger coil plugged in, the coil fires when the game is turned on and it will blow one of the high power fuses. The game ends the skill shot without the launch button being pressed.
The launch button seems to work fine in switch test as does the shooter lane switch. Neither show up in the active switches unless pressed.

The game auto firing the ball into play as soon as the ball was ejected into the shooter lane was happening intermittently since I got the game. I'd played less than 10 games on it.

Any ideas?

1 year later
#981 3 years ago

Where can I find a fresh image for a new uSD for full throttle? Does the uSD card need to be formatted or anything?
Thanks in advance.

6 months later
#993 3 years ago

Could a full throttle owner post some pics of the IO boards voltages from the test menu? My 12v is running at about 10.5v I'm wondering if that's normal ( I'm having issues with the game).

#996 3 years ago
Quoted from bcd:

Pressing the right flipper button will page through some additional information, including measured voltages. I've seen 11.7, 11.8 before but never that low.

Thanks guys. I'm going to start a thread with my issues so I don't further derail this one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
9,799 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Willathrilla.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heighway-pinball-support-full-throttle-and-alien?tu=Willathrilla and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.