(Topic ID: 201079)

Heighway Pinball support (Full Throttle and Alien)

By SunKing

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,031 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by DawnP
  • Topic is favorited by 60 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“How well is Heighway supporting it's customers?”

• I don't own a Heighway game 127 votes
    72%
  • I own a Heighway game, and the support has been great! 8 votes
    5%
  • I own a Heighway game, and the support has been OK. 16 votes
    9%
  • I own a Heighway game, and the support has NOT been OK. 12 votes
    7%
  • I own a Heighway game, and have received ZERO support despite many requests. 14 votes
    8%

(177 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Alien Playfield Display (resized).jpg
2022-03-18 17.41.44 (resized).jpg
9880B0A4-37D8-4B71-A87F-11FAA5E6B209 (resized).jpeg
20210521_183012 (resized).jpg
20210523_132732 (resized).jpg
20210523_132749 (resized).jpg
20210522_204926 (resized).jpg
E4C76FFF-24EE-488B-AA32-E92469F3CCF9.jpeg
IMG_20200910_133453 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200910_133506 (resized).jpg
P1020769 (resized).JPG
P1020767 (resized).JPG
67C7010C-541D-42A2-8671-135FD90003CC (resized).jpeg
IMG_3415 (resized).JPG
IMG_3414 (resized).JPG
6E18543B-7845-4EB1-818B-B2EDDF49BF07 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #407 Explaination of lighting labels Posted by bcd (5 years ago)

Post #423 Version 1.2 notes Posted by SunKing (5 years ago)

Post #850 Game hardware diagrams Posted by Per_ (5 years ago)

Post #867 Updated hardware diagram Posted by Per_ (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TomDK.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#537 5 years ago

I have a decoration playfield from an Alien and got a monitor and the support pcb.
Are there any cables out to connect the monitor with the support pcb ?
I am not "in electronics" to make the cable my own. Maybe someone has a solution where to buy which cable.

The plan is to illuminate the playfield with rrb-led´s and run scene of the pinball and/or movie on the monitor ... and that as a wall hanger.

Please let me know ....

Thanks
Tom

#543 5 years ago
Quoted from DDDwingmaster:

Mirco mentioned that the playfield could not be used for pinball use. Can you see what is done to it to make this impossible?

Due I have no Alien ... no. But I have around 4 playfields from Mirco for decorations. On TH is no differenece to see. On a WOZ some notches are "bad" drilled.
DI shows on the underside drilled "DECO ONLY". On the Alien is the area around the monitor ugly and the print broken. I know that there are also some playfields out with extra drill holes or larger drill holes. But I am sure if you really really need a playfield you will be able to get it in the machine.

However .. any suggestion for my wiring problem ??

#548 5 years ago

Come on guys .. I am sure someone rebuild this wiring harness ..... or has the correct pinout ....

Quoted from TomDK:

I have a decoration playfield from an Alien and got a monitor and the support pcb.
Are there any cables out to connect the monitor with the support pcb ?
I am not "in electronics" to make the cable my own. Maybe someone has a solution where to buy which cable.
The plan is to illuminate the playfield with rrb-led´s and run scene of the pinball and/or movie on the monitor ... and that as a wall hanger.
Please let me know ....
Thanks
Tom

#550 5 years ago

Thanks.... will try my luck ....

1 month later
#615 5 years ago

A friend of mine has a early game. It took some work but this machine is working fine right now.
If you buy the machine from RS in Austria, they take care on theit customers !
If you buy the machine in Germany .. compare prices

#630 5 years ago

I cloned my spare pc (source in the other thread)with this instruction http://weirpinball.com/alien/alien.html
and it worked perfectly ....

1 month later
#700 5 years ago

Mhh .. I searched whole pinside but can not find the post:

On the left ramp was aplastic planned. The ballguides under the ramp have holes to mount this "lost plastic" ... anybody has a picture or scan of this "lost plastic" ??

#702 5 years ago

Yep !
I heard there is a plastic gate missing, a sign or something ... or it is just a bad coonstruction ... ??

#704 5 years ago

Thanks so far ...
Maybe a nice place for a extra plastic

1 month later
#775 5 years ago

Very strange ...
Today I played with a friend on the Alien. Second Ball player 2 ... sudeenly the pin is quite ... no sound, no background music.
We opened the door and .... sound volume was on 0 , brought it up and sound was back.
What the hell .... what happened here ?

I am happy that it was no real problem, but i dont understand how the pin could adjust the soundlevel to zero ... ?!

#778 5 years ago

Yes, very strange .... will have an eye on it, happened only one time so far.

Cheers
Tom

#779 5 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Yes, very strange .... will have an eye on it, happened only one time so far.
Cheers
Tom

Additional .. made some games today and could enter new highscores .... mhhh .... all current scores were deleteted !!
Something happened to my machine ! Should it not hold highscores on the HDD ?! I am confused .... in the settings "clearing highscores" is marked out !

#781 5 years ago

I guess my machine did kind of reset for any reason ... volume down, highscores killed. Delete after x games is off. And I am on around 150 games so far.

1 month later
#810 5 years ago

But maybe its cheaper to order in Europe ... I bought from him and everything was finde but I payd nearly 100 Euro more than later on in Sweden.

1 month later
#843 5 years ago
Quoted from shaneo:

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 95.71s
avrdude: verifying ...
avrdude: 520196 bytes of flash verified
avrdude: safemode: Fuses OK
avrdude done. Thank you.

No ... thank you !! :neener:Good to know that this is possible !!

#853 5 years ago

Very good work !!!

Great !

2 weeks later
#872 5 years ago

Problem with slingshot-LED from TimeBandit:
Very strange. Today I installed the slingshot-LED pcb´s from TimeBandit. After swap I bootet the machine and played a game. What a difference !! Great !
In the game suddenly all 4 pcb get dark. I went to lamp test in the mneu, all lamps work expect the 4 slingshot lamps.
I raised the playfield and connected to one side the ole single-LED pcb ... and all other 3 double-LED pcb´s worked. I changed the single back to the double .. all 4 pcb are off again ..
I checked the cables and connectors ... no difference. I guess the I/O boards dont like for any reason the double LED??!!

Please advice, would like to get the 2 lamp pcb all back to work.

Thanks
Tom

IMG_2351 (resized).JPGIMG_2351 (resized).JPG
#874 5 years ago

Thank you Per !! Due I am over 50 years old I do not think in bus systems

By mistake I ordered 4 complete sets of this pcb´s in stead of one set with four pcb´s ... and this was my luck. Even the newly mounted pcb has one of two led´s not working. The lightning is bright and great !! I played some games in complete dark and could see the ball on the playfield !

Recommendation: Order more than one set due to the cheap and faulty LED´s. The kits are very fair priced and helping a lot !!

Question: I will recieve this days my The Munsters. This pin seems to be little dark in the lower area ... would it be possible to use this pcb´s also on Munsters ? Open the slingshot , adding the pcb .... ??

#877 5 years ago

Thanks for advice !!
This might happened that I came to a switch leave

3 weeks later
#917 5 years ago

It is exhausting to read about all this in several posts ... would it not be easier to post all this issues in only one post ?!

I am sure that most Alien owners read all the topics concerning Alien pinball, so there is no need to post the same in every thread !!

Good luck on fault finding !

2 months later
#938 4 years ago

Maybe a reinstall of the whole software ?!

http://weirpinball.com/alien/alien.html

1 week later
#943 4 years ago

Shaker questions:

Due my shaker in Alien was powerless I changed it with the one from my BKSOR.
So in testmenu the new shaker is much much more powerfull but in game ... still nothing. I made some very nice games, complete ALIEN-side but not one single shake .... in the menü the shaker is on "strong"and "enabled".

Any idea ?! Software is 1.2 on a late model.

The shaker from Alien is now in the BK , it runs but does not shake. The motor is working, the metallweights are moving but no effect. All screws are tigtehned and the weights are pointing both to one side .. any idea ??

Pics: The original Alien shaker ...

IMG_3414 (resized).JPGIMG_3414 (resized).JPGIMG_3415 (resized).JPGIMG_3415 (resized).JPG
4 months later
#949 4 years ago

Ask him

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/68745

or freeplay.se

I saw also an other board with this burning marks, so this seems to be a design issue.
You have a Alien out on location .. uhhh ... very risky !! But good that people can play this excellent machine !!

#956 4 years ago

Reading and searching pinside would save cash money .. there was a thread about the original beacons but direct from the manufacturer in China .. was 20 bucks or so .....

3 weeks later
#963 4 years ago

Heighway is dead and gone ?! Oh boy, now I know why nobody ansers the phone the last 2 years .....

Right now you can cover most problems with parts, also on FT. Read the posts here on pinside about Heighway games ... the community supports great !
In Germany was also a FT sold for 4K in mint condition ... if you like the machine (for me boring) .. grab it, play it and IF you have problems .. they will be solved within the community. Otherwise we should all sell our Aliens !!

Muahaha .. sell the Alien .. harrharr .. never.

4 months later
#980 4 years ago

You know that Heighway pinball is out of business ? The chance to get updates ... mhhh.
On the aline is a little different, there is a very active community. Including the programmer who also ownes a Alien.

6 months later
#991 3 years ago
Quoted from melappels:

Hello, are the I/O bords for a Full Throttle still available ?

As far as I know the FT has all over old IO-Boards.
So many people with early ALIENS switched to new boards so there is a chance to get usen old boards.
You should start an advertising here on pinside.

New boards are available but hard to find. Mr Pinball ustralia seems to be able to get them remade.

6 months later
#1008 2 years ago

You can try to ask PinballBrothers for informations, maybe they will help you. If there is any information, they have it.
There are no manuals, etc out !

Just try a other diode / reciever and see what happens ... I used with success WMS parts for the optos on Caüpcom. Try and error ... or success.

7 months later
1 year later
#1022 5 months ago

I just remember that the playfield monitor had problems with damaged cables in the metall box under the playfield.

1 month later
#1030 4 months ago

Please open the monitor chassis and watch for cables.
At least on several aliens the cable was bend and damaged at the metall corners of the monitor box. Maybe its the same on your FT.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
9,799 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TomDK.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heighway-pinball-support-full-throttle-and-alien?tu=TomDK and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.