(Topic ID: 201079)

Heighway Pinball support (Full Throttle and Alien)

By SunKing

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,031 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by DawnP
  • Topic is favorited by 60 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“How well is Heighway supporting it's customers?”

• I don't own a Heighway game 127 votes
    72%
  • I own a Heighway game, and the support has been great! 8 votes
    5%
  • I own a Heighway game, and the support has been OK. 16 votes
    9%
  • I own a Heighway game, and the support has NOT been OK. 12 votes
    7%
  • I own a Heighway game, and have received ZERO support despite many requests. 14 votes
    8%

(177 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Alien Playfield Display (resized).jpg
2022-03-18 17.41.44 (resized).jpg
9880B0A4-37D8-4B71-A87F-11FAA5E6B209 (resized).jpeg
20210521_183012 (resized).jpg
20210523_132732 (resized).jpg
20210523_132749 (resized).jpg
20210522_204926 (resized).jpg
E4C76FFF-24EE-488B-AA32-E92469F3CCF9.jpeg
IMG_20200910_133453 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200910_133506 (resized).jpg
P1020769 (resized).JPG
P1020767 (resized).JPG
67C7010C-541D-42A2-8671-135FD90003CC (resized).jpeg
IMG_3415 (resized).JPG
IMG_3414 (resized).JPG
6E18543B-7845-4EB1-818B-B2EDDF49BF07 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #407 Explaination of lighting labels Posted by bcd (5 years ago)

Post #423 Version 1.2 notes Posted by SunKing (5 years ago)

Post #850 Game hardware diagrams Posted by Per_ (5 years ago)

Post #867 Updated hardware diagram Posted by Per_ (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Join_The_Cirqus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#114 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

There have been multiple reports of multiballs with infinite (or at least exceedingly long) ball savers. Unfortunately, I can't reproduce this problem on my game. We are trying to get field data to help identify and fix the problem. If anyone encounters what seems to be an infinite ball saver or infinite multiball and want to lend a hand, it'd be very helpful if you:
- Jump into the operator menu (during the game, while it's infinite multiball-ing)
- Insert a USB thumb drive into the game's computer. (Not sure how easy or difficult this is, e.g. if they've run an extension USB cable to somewhere near the coin door...)
- Select Reports > Debug Report. It should advise that it's writing pinprog.log to your USB drive.
- Once it exits back to the menu, you can remove the USB thumb drive.
- Put the thumb drive into your regular computer, where as promised you should see a file called "pinprog.log". Mail that to me at alien<at>joe.tater.org.
The only cause I'm aware of for infinite ballsaver is a hyperactive outlane or trough switch, but if there's some other issue (like a software bug), I would love to fix it ASAP. Meanwhile, I apologize for the inconvenience.
Thanks!

Infinite Multiball successfully recreated
Sending audit to bcd now

#116 6 years ago

Ferret Pinprog was just sent to bcd
I have a good idea as to what is causing

5 months later
#333 5 years ago

I would suggest Hot Gluing around all the USB connections on the IO board and The USB going into the computer.
I did this on my Alien LE and Full Throttle since I had simular issues to you.
I also replaced all my USB cables Alien. No issues at all since doing so...

1 month later
#483 5 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I have a problem with 5 led's. The two left "revive" inserts sometimes work, as well as the two led "bulb" lights under the lower left plastic, and the left "Scream" led. On the individual lamp test, they are A16, A17, A1GI, and A19 and A20.
Sometimes they will work correctly, but only briefly instantly after I boot up the game right as it's going into attract mode. After 1 or 2 seconds, the attract flashing for these 5 lamps stop, and one Revive insert will remain solid and never change color or go out, (as well as one other led under the plastic). The other 3 will stay unlit. I can even remove the wire connector between A16 and A17, but the led will still remain lit, like something is shorting.
I don't know what is causing a disconnect with these 5 led's. I've jiggled connectors and I don't know where the source of the problem is. I do know that the actual LED's are good, as they sometimes work briefly. Everything was working fine, but I let the game sit for awhile and things failed from not being used at all.
I really think it's a loose connector or wire (not the board because I've seen them all flash briefly at times.) I just can't pinpoint the connector or wire that is to blame.
Any suggestions on where to look, or how to troubleshoot and/or fix this?

Try reseating the IO board and see what happens.
Also if that doesnt fix the issue, try swapping that IO board with another from the game and see if the issue is resolved.
If so, its the IO board for sure

1 month later
#596 5 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

One other issue just came up. Anyone’s LCD screen on their playfield look like this? Numbers are not very clear and the graphics at times are a bit hard to read. Doesn’t look right. Any help would be appreciated
Update: Swapped out cables etc and I think my LCD screen is bad. Looks like multiple screens (pictures) burned in. Not as obvious from the pics but any of the scenes like Mother etc are visibly hard to see. Almost as if the brightness of the screen was turned down to a min. Anyone know where I can purchase a replacement?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

https://vi.aliexpress.com/item/-/32812494499.html

2 months later
#769 5 years ago
Quoted from legionsoup:

Okay - so first off - you guys are awesome. I actually tried re-seating the clip with the blue wires and this fixed the immediate issue.
However, now, it seems the tongue magnet never turns off. So it just sits there and holds the ball.
I tried the trick of putting on electrical tape over the tongue and it didn't work (1, 2, 3, and 4 layers acted exactly the same, and 5 layers of tape made it so the ball wasn't picked up). I could manually knock the ball away, but the tongue magnet never turns off. I looked in the settings and didn't see anything for the tongue magnet behavior. So I'm not sure what to do to make it work properly.

Slide the Black Rubber sleeve down more so that the Ball is farther away from the actual end of the tongue and this should fix your issue

B86B0ADA-D314-492C-96F4-CDA9B084ED82 (resized).jpegB86B0ADA-D314-492C-96F4-CDA9B084ED82 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

9,799 (OBO)
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Join_The_Cirqus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heighway-pinball-support-full-throttle-and-alien?tu=Join_The_Cirqus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.