(Topic ID: 201079)

Heighway Pinball support (Full Throttle and Alien)

By SunKing

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,031 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by DawnP
  • Topic is favorited by 60 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“How well is Heighway supporting it's customers?”

• I don't own a Heighway game 127 votes
    72%
  • I own a Heighway game, and the support has been great! 8 votes
    5%
  • I own a Heighway game, and the support has been OK. 16 votes
    9%
  • I own a Heighway game, and the support has NOT been OK. 12 votes
    7%
  • I own a Heighway game, and have received ZERO support despite many requests. 14 votes
    8%

(177 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Alien Playfield Display (resized).jpg
2022-03-18 17.41.44 (resized).jpg
9880B0A4-37D8-4B71-A87F-11FAA5E6B209 (resized).jpeg
20210521_183012 (resized).jpg
20210523_132732 (resized).jpg
20210523_132749 (resized).jpg
20210522_204926 (resized).jpg
E4C76FFF-24EE-488B-AA32-E92469F3CCF9.jpeg
IMG_20200910_133453 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200910_133506 (resized).jpg
P1020769 (resized).JPG
P1020767 (resized).JPG
67C7010C-541D-42A2-8671-135FD90003CC (resized).jpeg
IMG_3415 (resized).JPG
IMG_3414 (resized).JPG
6E18543B-7845-4EB1-818B-B2EDDF49BF07 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #407 Explaination of lighting labels Posted by bcd (5 years ago)

Post #423 Version 1.2 notes Posted by SunKing (5 years ago)

Post #850 Game hardware diagrams Posted by Per_ (5 years ago)

Post #867 Updated hardware diagram Posted by Per_ (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ballypinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#283 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

So had a look at the alien today. The pin was at rel 102 so an update to 110 including IO boards update was easy.
Than with help of Helmut and some spare leds fixed the broken leds. If you know it’s easy to do, would recommend alien owners to stock up on these. Had three broken ones which also take out the leds further in the string. Than also had to fix wire issues at the back of the sound amplifier. Man, that is crappy stuff those connectors there.
So now up and running and ready for testing. For sure more will pop up but for the moment we can enjoy playing it
One question for owners, had a xeno Multiball starting where the ball went so fast that the magnet didn’t grab it and than the tongue remained out during the rest of the multoball. Is that normal? All other plays it was fine.

We had a .094 software and worked 100% then updated to latest code and weird stuff going on, Io boards drop out, continuous multiball , games terminating during play etc

Who is working on this software, airlock should kick ball out quicker

2 weeks later
#338 5 years ago
Quoted from legionsoup:

Tried resetting the IO2 board as well as making sure all of the dip switches were set to "off." Even turned them on then off just to be sure.
I'm hesitant to hot glue anything since it may not work (not saying it won't and I'm glad it worked for you) but if it doesn't work for me, then I have a cable hot glued that I will need to remove at some point.

I replaced all 3 playfield usb cables with shorter ones into a usb buss, then ran one main USB cable fixed everything

#339 5 years ago

Anyone know the source for the facehuggers

#341 5 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

That's a great solution for a bad usb port on the main cpu

Some seem loose and some tight, they pull out and loosen when you lift the playfield

#344 5 years ago
Quoted from legionsoup:

Just so I'm understanding, you placed the USB bus at the CPU, so 2 of the spots where USBs were previously plugged in are now vacant? And you run all 3 of the playfield USB cables into a single USB spot?
Meaning, of the 4 USB cable slots, 2 are empty, 1 is goes to the bus (which goes to the 3 IO boards on the playfield), and 1 goes to the lower IO board?

Use 2 usb ports on cpu
1 to cabinet io board
And the other to a 4 usb buss rear mounted to underside of playfield, then 3 short USB cables to each of the Io boards

#347 5 years ago
Quoted from legionsoup:

I'll give it a try gotta get to the store to grab a USB buss.
Also, I tried replacing all 4 USB wires. Swapped the around, etc. The IO2 board is always the one that is "missing" on boot up.
It's like the board isn't getting power. The 12v and 70v LEDs come on briefly when I turn on the machine, then they dim after a second and no lights at all. The other 3 IO boards have several LEDs on with the USB light flashing green.
I'm gonna keep trying with those USB cables, but even when those are unplugged from the other IO boards, they still have LEDs on. All except for IO2, which doesn't seem to be getting sustained juice.

Both top and bottom green lights should be flashing, also make sure io board has been updated software

#350 5 years ago
Quoted from legionsoup:

It should have updated software. All 4 were updated with the 1.1 software. Neither of those lights are flashing. I can make and link to a YouTube video of what happens on boot if that helps.

We'll if you fit that board to a spot where a working board is, does it work?

Go into Io board test and check software version also

Otherwise sounds like you might have a defective io board

#352 5 years ago
Quoted from legionsoup:

Yes. I swapped board 1 and 2 and still got the error for the board 2. So the board itself seems like it's working.

So no matter what io board you put in position 2 doesn't work?

Try unplugging stuff on the io board, could be something pulling it down,

#364 5 years ago
Quoted from legionsoup:

I tried adding a USB buss but that didn't work. Tried it in all 4 USB slots at the CPU. Same issue. IO board 2 couldn't be located.

its the power connector to the io board then

see if you can use another IO boards power feed

1 week later
#391 5 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

My Alien was one of the Texas Pinball Festival prototype machines and I finally got around to swapping in the replacement parts, though I'm not sure where these items in the attached picture go (I have dozens more of the plastic caps not pictured):
Also, the new Xeno head seems to be active with its jaw moving (seemingly) as it should in test mode, but the tongue is not moving for me. It shows an error for a stuck switch--is it referring to the switch under the top half of its head? That switch appears to be fine.
Finally, would anyone have any ideas for a way to frame and protect the "in play" edges of the lower playfield LCD? Seems like the clearcoat in that area could chip/flake/crack.

How freely does the tongue move in and out it might be binding

#402 5 years ago

Check the power connectors to Io boards

#442 5 years ago

I changed back to .08 on the Io boards

2 weeks later
#479 5 years ago

There was an option for shaker when purchase of a Standard edition

#484 5 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

More
Try reseating the IO board and see what happens.
Also if that doesnt fix the issue, try swapping that IO board with another from the game and see if the issue is resolved.
If so, its the IO board for sure

They are chained together 6 per chain

Remove all the ones on that chain and test separate where you know they work to find the faulty one

#488 5 years ago

Glad to hear

1 week later
#517 5 years ago

That plunger looks worn?

1 month later
#577 5 years ago

You problem is usb cables or connections from power supply to io boards

What is build date?

#578 5 years ago

Also what software and io board set to?

#614 5 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Is it safe to buy an Alien (showroommodel) so maybe it is one from the first runs...

I guess it depends on if it all works and plays, most early ones needed sub cables replaced and had old xeno mech

#617 5 years ago

the noise there is no fix for

the lights flashing not sure about

5 months later
#862 5 years ago

ran another batch of io boards and sensor boards

also have complete xeno assy

9 months later
#970 4 years ago

I have the ball sensors if anyone needs some

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

9,799 (OBO)
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ballypinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heighway-pinball-support-full-throttle-and-alien?tu=Ballypinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.