(Topic ID: 201079)

Heighway Pinball support (Full Throttle and Alien)

By SunKing

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,031 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by DawnP
  • Topic is favorited by 60 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“How well is Heighway supporting it's customers?”

• I don't own a Heighway game 127 votes
    72%
  • I own a Heighway game, and the support has been great! 8 votes
    5%
  • I own a Heighway game, and the support has been OK. 16 votes
    9%
  • I own a Heighway game, and the support has NOT been OK. 12 votes
    7%
  • I own a Heighway game, and have received ZERO support despite many requests. 14 votes
    8%

(177 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Alien Playfield Display (resized).jpg
2022-03-18 17.41.44 (resized).jpg
9880B0A4-37D8-4B71-A87F-11FAA5E6B209 (resized).jpeg
20210521_183012 (resized).jpg
20210523_132732 (resized).jpg
20210523_132749 (resized).jpg
20210522_204926 (resized).jpg
E4C76FFF-24EE-488B-AA32-E92469F3CCF9.jpeg
IMG_20200910_133453 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200910_133506 (resized).jpg
P1020769 (resized).JPG
P1020767 (resized).JPG
67C7010C-541D-42A2-8671-135FD90003CC (resized).jpeg
IMG_3415 (resized).JPG
IMG_3414 (resized).JPG
6E18543B-7845-4EB1-818B-B2EDDF49BF07 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #407 Explaination of lighting labels Posted by bcd (5 years ago)

Post #423 Version 1.2 notes Posted by SunKing (5 years ago)

Post #850 Game hardware diagrams Posted by Per_ (5 years ago)

Post #867 Updated hardware diagram Posted by Per_ (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Astropin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I will hold off on joining hatefest until more current game reviews roll in.

Which should be ramping up big time over the next several days. We are about to learn a lot more about this "first batch".

#71 6 years ago

Ball launcher fix!

My ball launcher was hitting the ball too low causing the ball to jump a little and hit the metal ramp.

You can't raise the ball launcher but you can angle it up.

I loosened the three screws underneath the playfield and then placed two (started with one) washers underneath the back edge (the edge closest to you).

That raised the angle of the plunger...and it now works!

Edit...here's a pic:
20171028_134512 (resized).jpg20171028_134512 (resized).jpg

Oh...and it's been working 100% since doing this. Not one misfire.

#78 6 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

On the plastics, at least on our game, they are made of acrylic, not PETg. It took exactly one game to break one. But to be honest, i don't really see this as an issue. Our bigger problems are the lack of the head and some playfield lighting issues and can't update the software. If could get those issues fixed, i'll re-make the plastics (at my expense) in PETg. But i'm pretty sure i can't make an alien head, and get it to work...

The production games don't have any of those issues. Well I don't know what the plastics are made out of but I've played a lot of games already and none have broken.

1 week later
#149 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Especially as those gigantic boards on the new Alien machines being shipped will likely cost an arm and a leg to buy.

Someone (a new owner) was quoted $130 shipped for a new Alien I/O board. He didn't need one just inquired with Heighway on the cost.

2 months later
#229 6 years ago

Almost makes me afraid to play mine (what if it goes down!).

3 months later
#437 5 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Version 1.2
May 9, 2018
Checksum 07141244

Changes since 1.1:

Bug Fixes:
- Improved ball handling logic when an extra ball is kicked from a ball device by mistake.
- Fixed switch processing bug that could cause switch levels to become inverted when the switch bounces between states very rapidly.
- Fixed occasional lamp bug when entering test mode during a game. Sometimes the game lamps would remain on. They should now always be turned off, except for GI.
- Fixed bug that would cause status of modes played to be lost if test mode was entered during a game.
- Fixed Ambush MB Super Jackpot lights not going away correctly at the end of multiball. The jackpot could not be scored; this only fixes a lighting problem.
- Fixed skill shot not starting if a game is restarted and a ball is already on the shooter.
- Fixed some bugs in the high score table module that would cause a player to be skipped entirely, or for their initials to appear somewhere else in the table.
- Fixed the Reset HSTD action; it was not resetting the game-specific achievements.
- Added some retry logic into the Xenomorph tongue movements to fix occasional problems where it would get stuck until the next ball search.
- Fixed Mother's "Advance Combo Value" award so it actually advances the combo value.
- Fixed bug where aborting the Mother Mystery display effect would not score the mystery award itself.
- Fixed bug where ball would never end if a tilt occurred after a ball was requested from the trough, but before it was actually ejected.
- Fixed bug where incurring a tilt warning at the same time the ball drained would prevent bonus from being awarded.
- Cancelled ball save attempts when the ball is already tilted, or the playfield wasn't validated.
- Skill shot timer will not start until the playfield is validated.
- Increase beacon pulse time during test mode.
- Ball search now runs the xenomorph through a complete ball capture sequence. This should improve the chances that it will reset correctly if a ball is stuck in the jaw or on the magnet.
- Fixed bug that would sometimes clip some of the counters displayed during Ambush MB or Sentry Guns MB.

System Features:
- Added blinking marker on the playfield diagram during Switch Tests.
- Render Pound Sterling, Euro, and Yen currency symbols.
- In Tests > Coils, the Start button can also be used to activate coils.
- Prevent games from being started if the Tilt bob is stuck closed. An appropriate operator warning message will be shown if this situation occurs.
- Changed text of "Top Playfield Lighting" to "Not Used".
- Added "INSTALL QUAKER" preset to optimize shaker actions for Quaker brand shakers.

Game Features:
- Partial credits accumulated are now displayed on the Dashboard.
- Pressing and holding either flipper will now show the main dashboard while the ball is on the shooter. This is not permitted on ball 1 when the flipper buttons are needed to select a movie. This will allow the player to see status prior to launching the ball.
- Added adjustment "Magnet Fling Pulses", which controls the number of times that the magnet is pulsed after a center shot. Default is now 2 (previously it was 1). Also adjusted default values of other adjustments to improve magnet responsiveness.
- Display timer on Airlock LCD during Loader Battle and Self Destruct.
- Moved point countdown display for hurry-up modes to the Airlock LCD.
- Added "Ambush MB Super JP Timer" adjustment. If set to a non-zero time, this controls when the next Ambush attack wave begins if the Super Jackpot has not been collected. Super Jackpot remains lit but has reduced value. Setting this to zero enables prior behavior where the Super Jackpot must be collected to start the next attack wave.
- Changed behavior of Recharge during Hypersleep Multiball: it now spots a lit jackpot (not Super) instead of increasing shot multipliers.
- Tweaked Hypersleep Multiball scoring.
- More orbit shots are now diverted to the top lanes when Vent 3 is lit for a mode or multiball shot.
- Improved display effect for combo awards.
- Changed text for some Mother and skill shot awards from "advance" to "increase".
- "Increase Combo Value" award now adds more value than before to make combos more lucrative.
- Combos and skill shots are now stopped on any ball drain.
- Skill shots are now stopped by shooting the Airlock.
- Reduced default strength of the Trough Release coil. This can still be customized via Adjustments > Coils.
- Increased duration when exercising the backbox beacons in Coil Test.
- Added Xenomorph loop test.
- Tweaked center magnet behavior to hopefully be better at catching the ball.
- Improved choreography of attract mode.
- Improved choreography of Mother Mystery awards.
- Improved choreography and callouts of Ambush Multiball.
- Improved choreography of Self Destruct.
- Improved choreography of Loader Battle.
- Added fanfares for All Out War lit arrows/weapons/vent shots.
- Added attack & repel lamp and display effects during All Out War.
- Increased brightness of GI lighting during modes, especially near the flippers.
- Rescue hurryup paused while the ball is held up.
- When collecting Extra Ball on the upper ramp, the ball will be briefly held during the Extra Ball animation.

Jesus...with all of those updates this shouldn't be 1.2 but more like 3.0!

2 weeks later
#470 5 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Question for the Alien owners: in testing all lamps, the start button won’t light. Tried several different bulbs and make sure wiring was connected. Then, when playing the pin, both the start Button and the coin door lights don’t work (coin door lights work in all lamps test). Has anyone else run into this situation?
Thanks Michael

There are two sets of wires to the start button. Regular and Aux. Check to make sure the right ones are plugged in. Check to make sure the bulb isn't loose.

#490 5 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Where'd you get the spare LED?

Yes...do tell.

#499 5 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I'm anxious to hear about I/O Boards.. If those are out there the game will live.

Nitro in Canada will be coming out with replacement I/O boards...when exactly I don't know but they did say they would be doing it.

Quote from them: "We'll also be making replacement IO boards for those in need."

#506 5 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

The problem with reproducing the I/O boards (in my opinion) is that in order for a run of them to be feasible, about 200 of them need to be ordered. That means whoever places the order will need to front approximately $20k to start the run. This could potentially be negotiated to less. I'm not sure there is the appetite/demand to require that many.
If someone manages to get committed/fully paid for 200 boards, they are obtainable.

I really don't know but I would think a run of 200 might be considerably less then $100 per board? I would think they would re-sell for $100 and make some money.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
9,799 (OBO)
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Astropin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heighway-pinball-support-full-throttle-and-alien?tu=Astropin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.