(Topic ID: 201079)

Heighway Pinball support (Full Throttle and Alien)

By SunKing

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,031 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by DawnP
  • Topic is favorited by 60 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“How well is Heighway supporting it's customers?”

• I don't own a Heighway game 127 votes
    72%
  • I own a Heighway game, and the support has been great! 8 votes
    5%
  • I own a Heighway game, and the support has been OK. 16 votes
    9%
  • I own a Heighway game, and the support has NOT been OK. 12 votes
    7%
  • I own a Heighway game, and have received ZERO support despite many requests. 14 votes
    8%

(177 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Alien Playfield Display (resized).jpg
2022-03-18 17.41.44 (resized).jpg
9880B0A4-37D8-4B71-A87F-11FAA5E6B209 (resized).jpeg
20210521_183012 (resized).jpg
20210523_132732 (resized).jpg
20210523_132749 (resized).jpg
20210522_204926 (resized).jpg
E4C76FFF-24EE-488B-AA32-E92469F3CCF9.jpeg
IMG_20200910_133453 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200910_133506 (resized).jpg
P1020769 (resized).JPG
P1020767 (resized).JPG
67C7010C-541D-42A2-8671-135FD90003CC (resized).jpeg
IMG_3415 (resized).JPG
IMG_3414 (resized).JPG
6E18543B-7845-4EB1-818B-B2EDDF49BF07 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,031 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 21.
#201 6 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

ull Throttle audio issues ..
Turned it on one day and all you could hear was bass, and it was super loud. Drowned out everything. I have the volume now at 1, and it's still pretty loud. I had to basically turn the bass completely off. It was way to 'bassy '.
Plus a high pitch tone. Barely audible, but really bothersome. It would probably be louder if I turned the volume past 1.

Alien Amplifier Settings http://www.heighwaypinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/AlienAmplifierSettings.pdf

As a first step try these settings.
DDT

#202 6 years ago

No luck. I think the amplifier is hooped. Just tapping it causes the sound to cut out completely. Audio is super muddy, even with all the bass settings turned as low as they go.

#203 6 years ago

that amp is a simple off-the-shelf thing to replace though? Seemed that way to me.

#204 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

that amp is a simple off-the-shelf thing to replace though? Seemed that way to me.

I hope so. Anyone have an Amazon link to one handy?

#205 6 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

I hope so. Anyone have an Amazon link to one handy?

https://www.amazon.com/Pink-Lizard-LP-838-Stereo-Amplifier/dp/B01HZTMTHU/ref=sr_1_cc_2

Bought to replace one in Alien and it works great. This will fix loud squealing you may be having coming from your amp.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#206 6 years ago

Any easy fixes for trough 1 opto not registering? Game thought a ball was in play when all 6 were in trough. Tried cleaning with alcohol, removing and installing connectors and blowing on them.

#208 6 years ago

Anyone else having problems with bad connectors down by the cpu board in the back of the cabinet? I'm not getting power to one of the I/0 boards.

#209 6 years ago

MightyGrave, did it work at all after the update? Is the USB still in the Zotac? Looks like a simple file system error so perhaps try logging on and poking around.
The credential used for FullT is root/password so I'd give those a try. If not, plug a keyboard in and boot into recovery and see what's happening.
It's just a Linux box but if you are not comfortable with checking file systems, bribe or blackmail a propeller head mate to take a look.

#210 6 years ago

We're working with MightyGrave to figure out what happened and get the machine back up and running.

1 week later
#211 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Are you still in spfxted?

Hell no! I don't know how to work on machines. This would be a nightmare for me. I will revisit Alien again in the future once they are shipping and get their QC and communication shit together.

#212 6 years ago

The machine runs now. In the other alien thread we have posted the solution.

Thanks to all supporters

#213 6 years ago

I opened new alien a few weeks ago and it was and is working perfectly and even better after fast and painless code update

#214 6 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I opened new alien a few weeks ago and it was and is working perfectly and even better after fast and painless code update

Good to hear! I would like to do the Full Throttle/Alien thing one day if they can keep it going. I want a Full Throttle, but it needs some code polishing.

#215 6 years ago

Hey I'm glad I found this thread as I was just about to post a Heighway bash thread..

Sorry, but these guys are a F______ joke. I have been trying to get parts for my FT from both Helmut and Morgan with nothing but empty promises about when they will get back to me etc..

The worst part? This started in MAY of 2017!!! So yeah.. *8* months and I *still* haven't gotten any parts information or pricing!

And of course since there are NO manuals I can't even look up a part number on my own. I have to depend on them to get the right part. Assuming they even respond to their emails.

Just ridiculous. Plain and simple.

So, I would really really like to elevate this beyond Morgan or Helmut. Anyone know who I can contact above them to try to get some parts?

Thanks.

#216 6 years ago
Quoted from Radius118:

Hey I'm glad I found this thread as I was just about to post a Heighway bash thread..
Sorry, but these guys are F______ joke. I have been trying to get parts for my FT from both Helmut and Morgan with nothing with empty promises about when they will get back to me etc..
The worst part? This started in MAY of 2017!!! So yeah.. *8* months and I *still* haven't gotten any parts information or pricing!
And of course since there are NO manuals I can't even look up a part number on my own. I have to depend on them to get the right part. Assuming they even respond to their emails.
So, I would really really like to elevate this beyond Morgan or Helmut. Anyone know who I can contact above them to try to get some parts?
Thanks.

The que for that is quite long.

#217 6 years ago

It sure doesn't look good.

#218 6 years ago
Quoted from Radius118:

And of course since there are NO manuals so I can't even look up a part number on my own. I have to depend on them to get the right part.

Absolutely! Manuals are a MUST have item. Got to have schematics and parts diagrams/lists too.

#219 6 years ago
Quoted from Radius118:

Sorry, but these guys are F______ joke. I have been trying to get parts for my FT from both Helmut and Morgan with nothing with empty promises about when they will get back to me etc..
Thanks.

Wow, I'm very sorry to hear that. Heighway should be offering far better support, especially if they are trying to change how people view the company now that there are new investors.

Support stories like this are preventing myself and others from considering a Heighway pinball purchase. Communication needs to be far better.

#220 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Wow, I'm very sorry to hear that. Heighway should be offering far better support, especially if they are trying to change how people view the company now that there are new investors.
Support stories like this are preventing myself and others from considering a Heighway pinball purchase. Communication needs to be far better.

Buying this game has been a real regret for me. These guys *have* to know they are losing out on potential sales and customers because of the woeful support. If not then they are completely clueless.

I am halfway tempted to take a big loss, fire sale this thing off and be done with this company.

So frustrated.

#221 6 years ago

I am hopeful Heighway will take me up on being the North American support location, and we'll do upgrades for people in the U.S. (we're in Michigan). i don't understand why they won't take me up on this. But yea i'm still in the same position everyone else is... waiting to "get a head" (game did not ship with one), and updating the software so we can play a four player game! I don't understand the delay. It makes no sense to me. And we're a museum, not someone's basement. So you would think they would want people to see their game in the best light... And not have a note on the game, "don't play a 4 player game!", and get comments like, "how come the game's most important feature/toy is missing?" *sigh*

#222 6 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

I am hopeful Heighway will take me up on being the North American support location, and we'll do upgrades for people in the U.S. (we're in Michigan). i don't understand why they won't take me up on this. But yea i'm still in the same position everyone else is... waiting to "get a head" (game did not ship with one), and updating the software so we can play a four player game! I don't understand the delay. It makes no sense to me. And we're a museum, not someone's basement. So you would think they would want people to see their game in the best light... And not have a note on the game, "don't play a 4 player game!", and get comments like, "how come the game's most important feature/toy is missing?" *sigh*

it does worry me a bit too b/c the only reason I see is that they're struggling to maintain their inventory with the funds they have. I'm hoping that's not the case b/c this game is so good.

#223 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm hoping that's not the case b/c this game is so good.

I completed self destruct the first time tonight. such a great game.

#224 6 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I completed self destruct the first time tonight. such a great game.

nice! I've never came close to that BUT I did get lifecycle MB tonight. The sound when you get lifecycles is so sick (alien's tongue coming out and you can hear the slime dripping off).

#225 6 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

i don't understand why they won't take me up on this.

Heighway Pinball update 24.11.2017: "in order to maximise production of machines for our Distributors and for you, we have adopted a clear strategy and cashflow plan that prioritises production of machines over all aspects of the Business."

Are you in selfish ignorance or did you not receive this mail like me because you got your game before? I understand this is frustrating for you (even more if you do business with the pins) but see I am not attacking the company at all here despite having paid over 8k for my le 2016 and have nothing (yet) and having done this is no regret for me at all. I just wait.

For me it is a smart decision to prioritise stopping the rot of refunds over stopping comments like

Quoted from cfh:

how come the game's most important feature/toy is missing?"

I think after clearing the orders from Andrews era "normal" support starts so I suggest you just wait until I and MK6PIN get their pins.

#226 6 years ago

That's bullshit! There's no reason they can't send the guy a Xeno head. Sheesh!

#227 6 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Heighway Pinball update 24.11.2017: "in order to maximise production of machines for our Distributors and for you, we have adopted a clear strategy and cashflow plan that prioritises production of machines over all aspects of the Business."
Are you in selfish ignorance or did you not receive this mail like me because you got your game before? I understand this is frustrating for you (even more if you do business with the pins) but see I am not attacking the company at all here despite having paid over 8k for my le 2016 and have nothing (yet) and having done this is no regret for me at all. I just wait.
For me it is a smart decision to prioritise stopping the rot of refunds over stopping comments like

I think after clearing the orders from Andrews era "normal" support starts so I suggest you just wait until I and MK6PIN get their pins.

What is your point? As I do not see anything constructive related to the post of cfh

#228 6 years ago

What a freakin disaster. Developed a bad feeling last aug with lack of comm’s, decided to Pursue a refund, that alone proved mission improbable.

Anyone, ANYONE, present owner looking for parts or tech or a long time preorder/waiter should exercise sensibility over pinball passion and take efforts to cancel or sell. Glad I did.

#229 6 years ago

Almost makes me afraid to play mine (what if it goes down!).

#230 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Almost makes me afraid to play mine (what if it goes down!).

At least you *can* play yours. Mine is basically a big pretty box to look at right now.

#231 6 years ago

I really wanted a FT but after reading this I am not so sure any more. Anyone have thoughts on if they would by a HUO FT again?

#232 6 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

I really wanted a FT but after reading this I am not so sure any more. Anyone have thoughts on if they would by a HUO FT again?

I bought mine used. The game is fun and the theme is right up my alley being a former motorcycle road racer. But the parts support is really making me regret the purchase.

At this point, I don't think I could recommend any Heighway product with a straight face.

Edit: Forgot to say that if some way some how HP gets their &*it together and starts to support their products then I might be willing to follow through on the original plan I had to purchase an Alien kit to put in my FT cabinet.

#233 6 years ago

totally, great game - going for not much more than a stern pro hell of alot of value at current prices.

#234 6 years ago

I guess I have been lucky but I own both games and love them and play then a lot,but there feels like a sword of damacleaz is hanging over all the owner heads. To bad because the games are a lot of fun.

#235 6 years ago

I just got off the phone with Helmut at Heighway pinball and was very helpful in troubleshooting 2 issues I have with my Alien pinball machine.
1st issues is the Air lock. He is sending me a replacement part next week with a cliffy protector and a new revised vuk assembly which will resolve the issue of the ball not kicking out properly and hitting the edge of the scoop, possibly damaging the playfield. Sound like games going forward will have the new kickout vuk.
2nd issue is with the Xenomorph, tongue moving forward on its own during game play and getting stuck against on the inside of the Xenomorphs mouth making it non functional. He ran down a few things to look for, loose nuts holding nylon casing, improper switch alignment, improper switch bend and adjustments with pot on servo motor board. As for this, I made a few adjustment and played a game and for the first time Xenomorph worked fine. Again this was only one game, so going to play test it a lot tonight and continue to tweak. He stated that if the Xenomorph issue continues he would replace the whole Xenomorph. I'm happy to work with the one I have until I am forced to replace.
Helmut was great to talk too. We set up a time for him to call and the phone rang right at the appointment time. Helmut was very helpful and great to talk to.
The thing is, is that most of these issues I have with my game could have easily been caused by shipping. I ship a lot of new games and have seen this happen. They need to use better lock tight on bolts and also hot glue on the servo motor pot at factory once Xenomorph is dialed into its proper setting.
Cheers to Helmut and Heighway Pinball for helping resolve my issues. I look forward to the replacement parts and I look forward to seeing more Aliens out in the wild or being delivered to home.
Kick Ass Game
GAP

#236 6 years ago

Picked up the FT. It's allot of pin for the money. Fun game.

#237 6 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Picked up the FT. It's allot of pin for the money. Fun game.

New Heighway isn't actually making any FT's yet. But they have helped some existing owners with parts. The lighted ramps are good like Tron but the flow is excellent. I enjoy playing one whenever possible.

#238 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

New Heighway isn't actually making any FT's yet. But they have helped some existing owners with parts.

They are? Congratulations to those who have managed to get parts.

I've been trying to get parts for my FT since May of 2017. Doesn't sound like help to me.

#239 6 years ago

I am confused at the hit or miss service?? Some of you are getting full support with new parts and others are getting ignored. Seems like they should have some sort of list and take care of everyone on a first come basis. Why are some people getting ignored? GAP gets a phone call from Helmut with full support and parts and others are waiting a year and get nothing. Seems like they are targeting key industry folks and people who are screaming the loudest first while others who are patient are getting screwed.

#240 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Seems like they are targeting key industry folks and people who are screaming the loudest first while others who are patient are getting screwed.

I do think its a squeaky wheel gets the grease scenario. Not ideal and not good business, but that is the only way to make sense of it.

#241 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Seems like they are targeting key industry folks and people who are screaming the loudest first while others who are patient are getting screwed.

Right.. Which is why I have switched from being nice and patient to complaining on the forums every chance I get.

It's really ridiculous. If you can't - or won't - support existing customers how do you expect to generate further sales?

#242 6 years ago
Quoted from Radius118:

Right.. Which is why I have switched from being nice and patient to complaining on the forums every chance I get.
It's really ridiculous. If you can't - or won't - support existing customers how do you expect to generate further sales?

Exactly. There is no way they are selling games. Who would take a chance? Unless you have $8k to throw away.

#243 6 years ago
Quoted from Radius118:

Which is why I have switched from being nice and patient to complaining on the forums every chance I get.

I'm really not sure they follow the forums to be honest. I think you need to change your strategy and bombard their emails (all of them), phones, and maybe their Facebook page until they submit.

#244 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I'm really not sure they follow the forums to be honest. I think you need to change your strategy and bombard their emails (all of them), phones, and maybe their Facebook page until they submit.

You're probably right. I only have 2 of their email addresses. Helmut's and Morgan's and I am getting ignored on both. Do you have other addresses you can PM me?

The problem with bombarding their FB page is it's easy for them to block me, so it doesn't do much good unfortunately.

Too bad I don't have a good friend living near them. It's a LOT harder to ignore people who are there in person.

#245 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I'm really not sure they follow the forums to be honest.

They have had a couple of very impressive and dedicated employees posting on Pinside. As conscientious as they seem to be, I have to believe they are reporting back to the people in charge.

#246 6 years ago
Quoted from Radius118:

You're probably right. I only have 2 of their email addresses. Helmut's and Morgan's and I am getting ignored on both. Do you have other addresses you can PM me?

Phone calls seem to be the way to go.

#247 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Phone calls seem to be the way to go.

That's next.....

#248 6 years ago
Quoted from Radius118:

Do you have other addresses you can PM me?

Sorry I don't. I haven't had to get aggressive at this point, since I just have a deposit down with CT (almost 2 years now) and have had a minimal risk knowing that the cash is with them instead of HW. I know Melissa had told me early on that she was getting better response from one of the investors rather than the HW employees. I have no idea what that contact would be. I would, as Ted mentioned, call every number I could get of theirs until someone picks up. Maybe find out what number the guys that have been getting support are calling.

Quoted from Mr68:

They have had a couple of very impressive and dedicated employees posting on Pinside. As conscientious as they seem to be, I have to believe they are reporting back to the people in charge.

If your referring to the guys I think, they are more contractors then employees. Not to say they aren't still providing some feedback, but its not like they are standing in the HW factory.

#249 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

If your referring to the guys I think, they are more contractors then employees. Not to say they aren't still providing some feedback, but its not like they are standing in the HW factory.

Good point.

#250 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I am confused at the hit or miss service?? Some of you are getting full support with new parts and others are getting ignored. Seems like they should have some sort of list and take care of everyone on a first come basis. Why are some people getting ignored? GAP gets a phone call from Helmut with full support and parts and others are waiting a year and get nothing. Seems like they are targeting key industry folks and people who are screaming the loudest first while others who are patient are getting screwed.

I’ll bet it’s something completely unexpected that is causing the lack of response, like the people getting ignored using an AOL email address and going into the Spam filter.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,799 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,031 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heighway-pinball-support-full-throttle-and-alien/page/5?hl=mightygrave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.