(Topic ID: 201079)

Heighway Pinball support (Full Throttle and Alien)

By SunKing

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,031 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by DawnP
  • Topic is favorited by 60 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“How well is Heighway supporting it's customers?”

• I don't own a Heighway game 127 votes
    72%
  • I own a Heighway game, and the support has been great! 8 votes
    5%
  • I own a Heighway game, and the support has been OK. 16 votes
    9%
  • I own a Heighway game, and the support has NOT been OK. 12 votes
    7%
  • I own a Heighway game, and have received ZERO support despite many requests. 14 votes
    8%

(177 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Alien Playfield Display (resized).jpg
2022-03-18 17.41.44 (resized).jpg
9880B0A4-37D8-4B71-A87F-11FAA5E6B209 (resized).jpeg
20210521_183012 (resized).jpg
20210523_132732 (resized).jpg
20210523_132749 (resized).jpg
20210522_204926 (resized).jpg
E4C76FFF-24EE-488B-AA32-E92469F3CCF9.jpeg
IMG_20200910_133453 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200910_133506 (resized).jpg
P1020769 (resized).JPG
P1020767 (resized).JPG
67C7010C-541D-42A2-8671-135FD90003CC (resized).jpeg
IMG_3415 (resized).JPG
IMG_3414 (resized).JPG
6E18543B-7845-4EB1-818B-B2EDDF49BF07 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,031 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 21.
#1001 3 years ago

Hmm. Since this thread popped up, anyone have a technique for attaching the cranky French guy in Full Throttle? I can only seem to install him backwards, the hole/screw just don't seem to line up when he's facing front. Which is kind of amusing seeing him face backward the whole game, but I should try it the right way one of these days. Didn't see an option in the menu to manually rotate him either, but maybe I missed it.

#1002 3 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Hmm. Since this thread popped up, anyone have a technique for attaching the cranky French guy in Full Throttle? I can only seem to install him backwards, the hole/screw just don't seem to line up when he's facing front. Which is kind of amusing seeing him face backward the whole game, but I should try it the right way one of these days. Didn't see an option in the menu to manually rotate him either, but maybe I missed it.

There is a calibration option in the test menu, you can step the motor until it is facing forward and then press Start to lock in that position.

#1003 3 years ago
Quoted from bcd:

There is a calibration option in the test menu, you can step the motor until it is facing forward and then press Start to lock in that position.

Thank you. I figured that must be it since I couldn't find any way to make him front-facing, but never found it.

#1004 3 years ago

Hi all,

With the recent announcement of the remake I am wondering if anyone is thinking of selling their game and/or extra parts they might have acquired for their games? I'm not looking for a game as I already have one but I am looking to get a few backup parts for my game so I thought I might ask here.

PM me with what you have and what you'd sell it for. I'd be looking for:

- 5" Backbox Screen
- 27" Backbox Screen
- Backboard plastic
- Complete ball trough assembly
- Complete flipper assembly (left and right)
- Complete drop target assembly
- Complete pop bumper assembly (1 or 2 assemblies)
- Complete up post assembly
- Pop bumper egg (open version)
- 2 Facehuggers (New and improved version)
- Stepper PCB
- Single LED's (Looking for more than 1)
- Xenomorph Assembly
- Game computer
- Plastic Part 16 & 17
- 3 large black PCB boards (under the playfield)
- Playfield screen plastic
- Playfield monitor
- Target switch board with LED
- Low Power Coil
- High Power Coil
- Inductive switch

I already have a playfield, I/O boards, Power supply board, PETG plastics so I don't need those items.

I may have missed a couple of important items from my wanted list so let me know what else you might have.

I'd prefer to make a bulk purchase for a bunch of these items so let me know if you might be looking to move these parts.

QSS

4 months later
#1005 2 years ago

Can anyone help me figure out what Opto/Receiver pairs I need to rebuild the trough opto boards on a Full Throttle? They are both clear, but not RED LED's like a Stern trough, and also not the clear/black paired optos of the Williams era games. Is there any documentation on this available anywhere?

#1007 2 years ago

Those are the boards I am looking to service. I am curious what the actual components are on these boards. You can find them now, but in the long run they may not be available in the future so it would be nice to have some info on what those components actually are.

#1008 2 years ago

You can try to ask PinballBrothers for informations, maybe they will help you. If there is any information, they have it.
There are no manuals, etc out !

Just try a other diode / reciever and see what happens ... I used with success WMS parts for the optos on Caüpcom. Try and error ... or success.

1 week later
#1009 2 years ago

does anyone know if a bw style magnet core will fit in alien?

#1010 2 years ago

Anyone hand a Full Throttle PF? Pease PM.

#1011 2 years ago

Headed over to a customers house to work on a full throttle… I’m totally unfamiliar with the system but he sent me this image and said that the flippers do not work and the ball will not launch. He said there is a ball in the shooter lane which tells me at least that solenoid is working. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

E4C76FFF-24EE-488B-AA32-E92469F3CCF9.jpegE4C76FFF-24EE-488B-AA32-E92469F3CCF9.jpeg
1 week later
#1012 2 years ago

What can i do, when not having the small pc and the USB-stick?

#1013 2 years ago

Hoppfully i can manage to have 1 complete FT.
I have more spare parts then the ones showing in the pictures.
-complete plastic sets new
-new ramps
-new playfield
-leds
-boards
-metal guides
And much more!

Let me know if you want some!

20210521_183012 (resized).jpg20210521_183012 (resized).jpg20210522_204926 (resized).jpg20210522_204926 (resized).jpg20210523_132732 (resized).jpg20210523_132732 (resized).jpg20210523_132749 (resized).jpg20210523_132749 (resized).jpg
6 months later
#1014 2 years ago

Full Throttle bit the big one this weekend at a show. I have the Error Installing Updates warning, and nothing else. Anyone know where I can get the images I need for this?

4 weeks later
#1015 2 years ago

Are replacement sling scorpions available anywhere? One of the tails broke off on my friends machine.

9880B0A4-37D8-4B71-A87F-11FAA5E6B209 (resized).jpeg9880B0A4-37D8-4B71-A87F-11FAA5E6B209 (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#1017 2 years ago

So our Full Throttle decided not to boot today. Had been working great.

All we get is two Penguins on the lower screen.

Anyone ever had this happen or have any ideas?

2022-03-18 17.41.44 (resized).jpg2022-03-18 17.41.44 (resized).jpg
#1018 2 years ago
Quoted from BillPinball:

So our Full Throttle decided not to boot today. Had been working great.
All we get is two Penguins on the lower screen.
Anyone ever had this happen or have any ideas?
[quoted image]

It might be failure of the disk drive - try a linux live disk (USB flash drive) - you will need to plug a keyboard and mouse in to the CPU too.
If it boots, you can examine the game drive and run checks on it. This is what I did when I got a corrupted drive on my Alien.

#1019 2 years ago

Thanks for the help everyone. Thanks to PinChatt I got another Full Throttle image for the SD card. The image was 1.41 vs the 1.2 I had been running.

The new image booted!

This means my 1.2 image was corrupted somehow.

Only issue now is I have super weak power. I am going to read back through to see if anyone else had similar issues but if anyone has a 1.2 SD card image that would be awesome.

1 year later
#1020 5 months ago

File under WTF: in trying to figure out why my Alien’s playfield LCD was so dim, I unplugged the backbox LCD and plugged the playfield cable into that (upper left) DVI output. Backlight brightness returned to normal. Plugged the backbox cable into the bottom left output, and it displayed at normal brightness. ???!!! Swapped them and playfield LCD was dim again. AFAIR (I haven’t played it in 5+ years), the game content shown on these two screens is the same, so I’m going to leave the cables swapped.

Another oddity - before the swap, when the playfield LCD was unplugged, the backbox LCD would show the airlock display overlaid on the normal backbox display. Weird.

#1021 5 months ago
Quoted from MR-808:

File under WTF

In rereading the game's repair log, I discovered that one of my employees had previously plugged the LCD into a different computer via VGA. It was also very dim. Why it's now working fine, but only on the top left DVI output, is now even more baffling.

#1022 5 months ago

I just remember that the playfield monitor had problems with damaged cables in the metall box under the playfield.

1 month later
#1023 4 months ago

Are there any known replacement options for the playfield display if it goes out? (Alien)

#1024 4 months ago
Quoted from DawnP:

Are there any known replacement options for the playfield display if it goes out? (Alien)

I'm certain replacements exist, as it was outsourced to start, and the format still being very viable. Maybe check Alibaba or similiar, as they are almost exclusivly manufactured in 3 areas ( China, Japan, S Korea)

#1027 4 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Sweet link!! Thanks for posting ( haven't seen it prior)

Yes, thank you! We hadn’t looked yet. Hubby said it flickered some the other day while he was playing it. Figured we should start looking before it goes completely out. Otherwise, the game has been pretty solid. Now to contact PB about our other Alien.

#1028 4 months ago
Quoted from DawnP:

Yes, thank you! We hadn’t looked yet. Hubby said it flickered some the other day while he was playing it. Figured we should start looking before it goes completely out. Otherwise, the game has been pretty solid. Now to contact PB about our other Alien.

I'd certainly check the connectivity before purchasing a screen.

No need to ask PB about their PF screen...( I couldn't help it, apologies)

#1029 4 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'd certainly check the connectivity before purchasing a screen.
No need to ask PB about their PF screen...( I couldn't help it, apologies)

no worries! Our PB won't even turn on right now. I need to get the info off it and open a ticket. I don't get too deep under the play field yet.

#1030 4 months ago

Please open the monitor chassis and watch for cables.
At least on several aliens the cable was bend and damaged at the metall corners of the monitor box. Maybe its the same on your FT.

#1031 4 months ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Please open the monitor chassis and watch for cables.
At least on several aliens the cable was bend and damaged at the metall corners of the monitor box. Maybe its the same on your FT.

Thanks for the heads up. We will keep that in mind while checking on the connection.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,031 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heighway-pinball-support-full-throttle-and-alien/page/21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.