(Topic ID: 201079)

Heighway Pinball support (Full Throttle and Alien)

By SunKing

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,031 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by DawnP
  • Topic is favorited by 60 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“How well is Heighway supporting it's customers?”

• I don't own a Heighway game 127 votes
    72%
  • I own a Heighway game, and the support has been great! 8 votes
    5%
  • I own a Heighway game, and the support has been OK. 16 votes
    9%
  • I own a Heighway game, and the support has NOT been OK. 12 votes
    7%
  • I own a Heighway game, and have received ZERO support despite many requests. 14 votes
    8%

(177 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Alien Playfield Display (resized).jpg
2022-03-18 17.41.44 (resized).jpg
9880B0A4-37D8-4B71-A87F-11FAA5E6B209 (resized).jpeg
20210521_183012 (resized).jpg
20210523_132732 (resized).jpg
20210523_132749 (resized).jpg
20210522_204926 (resized).jpg
E4C76FFF-24EE-488B-AA32-E92469F3CCF9.jpeg
IMG_20200910_133453 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200910_133506 (resized).jpg
P1020769 (resized).JPG
P1020767 (resized).JPG
67C7010C-541D-42A2-8671-135FD90003CC (resized).jpeg
IMG_3415 (resized).JPG
IMG_3414 (resized).JPG
6E18543B-7845-4EB1-818B-B2EDDF49BF07 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1,031 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 21.
#551 5 years ago

I've retrofitted my Alien with EL blade lighting. I was able to source the parts I needed from https://elpanelandtape.co.uk/ Here's a couple pics...
1 The parts: IMG_4839 (resized).JPGIMG_4839 (resized).JPG
2 IMG_4840 (resized).JPGIMG_4840 (resized).JPG
3 IMG_4841 (resized).JPGIMG_4841 (resized).JPG
4 Before IMG_4846 (resized).JPGIMG_4846 (resized).JPG
5 After IMG_4845 (resized).JPGIMG_4845 (resized).JPG
6 IMG_4849 (resized).JPGIMG_4849 (resized).JPG

On picture #6 - you will notice I removed the plastics along the rail. I figured if I was going to spend all this $$ on EL blades, I wanted to be able to see them.

#552 5 years ago

Looks like my play field monitor went out. Tried a different monitor and the signal works fine.

Anyone know of a source for that 10” display?

#553 5 years ago
Quoted from Waldo:

Looks like my play field monitor went out. Tried a different monitor and the signal works fine.

see - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/weyland-yutani-dedicated-to-keeping-3-alien-specimens-alive

#554 5 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

I've retrofitted my Alien with EL blade lighting. I was able to source the parts I needed from https://elpanelandtape.co.uk/ Here's a couple pics...
1 The parts:
4 Before
5 After
On picture #6 - you will notice I removed the plastics along the rail. I figured if I was going to spend all this $$ on EL blades, I wanted to be able to see them.

very cool.

can you link what to buy and price? thx!

#556 5 years ago
Quoted from Waldo:

specifically.. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/weyland-yutani-dedicated-to-keeping-3-alien-specimens-alive/page/2#post-4392734

It's an innolux q101IRE-LA1 Rev B1 avaialble from a variety of sources. be careful w/ that ribbon cable.

#557 5 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

specifically.. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/weyland-yutani-dedicated-to-keeping-3-alien-specimens-alive/page/2#post-4392734
It's an innolux q101IRE-LA1 Rev B1 avaialble from a variety of sources. be careful w/ that ribbon cable.

Thanks!

#558 5 years ago

Made a webpage and repository for the software/hardware upgrades and re-image.
http://weirpinball.com/alien/alien.html

Scott

#559 5 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Made a webpage and repository for the software/hardware upgrades and re-image

IMG_4861 (resized).JPGIMG_4861 (resized).JPG

IMG_4857 (resized).JPGIMG_4857 (resized).JPG
2 weeks later
#560 5 years ago

Full Throttle software is up on a new page. If anyone has installation instructions let me know and I'll update the page.

http://weirpinball.com/full%20throttle/fullthrottle.html

Scott

#561 5 years ago

Thank you so much Scott

#562 5 years ago

Hey guys need help have an alien se where do the siren lights plug in ??? Thanks

#563 5 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Full Throttle software is up on a new page. If anyone has installation instructions let me know and I'll update the page.
http://weirpinball.com/full%20throttle/fullthrottle.html
Scott

Hi Scott,

Send me your e-mail in a PM and I will send you the installation instructions.

#564 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys need help have an alien se where do the siren lights plug in ??? Thanks

I posted in the aliens owner thread to help guys out with this!

#565 5 years ago

Thanks for hosting those images and instructions, thats awesome!

#566 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Hi Scott,
Send me your e-mail in a PM and I will send you the installation instructions.

Software update instructions for Full Throttle software version 1.41 loaded on the webpage.

#567 5 years ago

Thanks for the FT code update guys! Much appreciated.

#568 5 years ago

Can someone help me with my shaker motor. I noticed it wasn't working, when I opened the coin door.. I noticed it was unplugged. Can someone show me where it plugs into? Thanks!

#569 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Can someone help me with my shaker motor. I noticed it wasn't working, when I opened the coin door.. I noticed it was unplugged. Can someone show me where it plugs into? Thanks!

02F9C8F0-04A5-402C-9C80-83D7EF3E282E (resized).jpeg02F9C8F0-04A5-402C-9C80-83D7EF3E282E (resized).jpegF28F4742-1B69-4E47-8ED4-05C677C1D0F0 (resized).jpegF28F4742-1B69-4E47-8ED4-05C677C1D0F0 (resized).jpeg
#570 5 years ago

Hey guys my ball launcher seems to trigger twice on my Alien before the ball actually is in the lane. Anyone know a fix? Also is there a rule book?

#571 5 years ago

Check your lane switch, maybe its stuck closed?

#572 5 years ago
Quoted from Olaa:

These connecters goes to the uper flipper. Have you checked the solderings on the back of the card? I think your problem is there. Some of the soldering on the games are bad.

If it were flaky soldering on a connector, wouldn't the upper right flipper not work at all, or at least fail at a much less precise interval? It seems like something in-game is being activated that is spiking that flipper's line and causing it to shut down until a reboot. Since it seems isolated to my machine, my current theory is that the switch coming out of the scoop at the upper right flipper was contacting the metal ever so slightly. I just bent it a bit and actually finished a game with the upper right flipper still going. Although now after a few restarts the problem is back.

#573 5 years ago

Anyone else having problems getting the pops tweaked correctly? I have a fix - just played a game and it's night and day difference when your pops actually work 100%.

The problem with Heighway design is there was too much 'slop' between the spoon and the skirt stick. For me, even when I gapped the switch super perfect - it still wasn't registering every hit. To fix, I loosened the two screws holding the switch and spoon. Don't take them all the way out - just loosen. On the screw farthest away from center, go ahead and unscrew until it's free. Find a couple small washers, and place them between the spoon and blue mounting plate - to be secured with that back screw. When you tighten it back up, the spoon is slightly tilted a bit towards center, and is more flush with the skirt stick. Now you can gap the switch - and BAM - Snappy Pops.

1 week later
#574 5 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Hey man I need more help. I finally got to plugging in the shaker motor, ran my fingers underneath that plastic and plugged it in.. but when I test it, the shaker motor just makes a clicking noise. Do you think its a defective shaker or something else? Any tips?
Thanks

#575 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey man I need more help. I finally got to plugging in the shaker motor, ran my fingers underneath that plastic and plugged it in.. but when I test it, the shaker motor just makes a clicking noise. Do you think its a defective shaker or something else? Any tips?
Thanks

Nevermind the wire was wrapped around the shaker somehow, and managed to get it undone.. shaker now working though I dont notice it too much in the game if at all. Then the xenomorph tongue magnet got stuck, then the ball launcher kept getting stuck.. ugh. Hopefully its all over now

#576 5 years ago

ok new problem the Xenomorph magnet (not from the mouth but on the playfield), doesn't seem to be grabbing the ball very well for ambush part. Any ideas how to correct this. And does anyone have a simple solution to the EL blades. I know someone posted about it before, but it looks complex, is there someone who has them for sale and easy install?

Thanks

#577 5 years ago

You problem is usb cables or connections from power supply to io boards

What is build date?

#578 5 years ago

Also what software and io board set to?

#579 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Also what software and io board set to?

Hey thank you so much for your reply and willing to help me. I updated all the boards to version 1.2. It was working fine before I plugged in the shaker motor and removed my pinstadium lights. Should I replace some of the usb cables? I dont know build date.

#580 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

ok new problem the Xenomorph magnet (not from the mouth but on the playfield), doesn't seem to be grabbing the ball very well for ambush part. Any ideas how to correct this. And does anyone have a simple solution to the EL blades. I know someone posted about it before, but it looks complex, is there someone who has them for sale and easy install?
Thanks

Does it work at all? I found the ball can often skip the magnet, which happens in most mag games, I believe there is an adjustment for power and duration of the mag if you want to play around.

For a kit, I doubt youd have any luck there are not many of these machines, so for someone to make one I doubt it would be worth it. If your handy enough to take it apart and install I'm sure you can follow others examples and put it together?

#581 5 years ago

My Frendsfull throttle has a problem.
Got the yellow warn led stuck on IO board 1.
Reset button won't help.
Can i fix this?.
Or do i need a new one.
revision 1.4b 0.6
Help needed.

#582 5 years ago

Anyone know what mosfet this is?
Best I can figure is attached.

Attach94827_20180731_182803 (resized).jpgAttach94827_20180731_182803 (resized).jpgAttach94830_20180731_183538 (resized).jpgAttach94830_20180731_183538 (resized).jpg
#583 5 years ago

I have a handful of 1.4B I/O boards for sale. PM me if interested. Thanks.

#584 5 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Does it work at all? I found the ball can often skip the magnet, which happens in most mag games, I believe there is an adjustment for power and duration of the mag if you want to play around.
For a kit, I doubt youd have any luck there are not many of these machines, so for someone to make one I doubt it would be worth it. If your handy enough to take it apart and install I'm sure you can follow others examples and put it together?

Thanks for the suggestions.. yes it works fine, it just misses it sometimes I guess. New problem now is some vibrating noises during some music.. not all. I hate vibrating noise.. dont even know where to start looking. Mostly only in the music when you hit the airlock.

I also need to get that rubber for the end of the launcher because it just keeps going back into the launcher. Also the launch ball always hangs.. so I guess I need to make adjustments to that piece of metal where the ball comes out of.

#585 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Thanks for the suggestions.. yes it works fine, it just misses it sometimes I guess. New problem now is some vibrating noises during some music.. not all. I hate vibrating noise.. dont even know where to start looking. Mostly only in the music when you hit the airlock.
I also need to get that rubber for the end of the launcher because it just keeps going back into the launcher. Also the launch ball always hangs.. so I guess I need to make adjustments to that piece of metal where the ball comes out of.

The first place I would look for a rattle would be the launch wireform. It’s a bit too high and touches the glass.

#586 5 years ago

True! Id just turn down the bass in the cab and connect an external sub

#587 5 years ago

Ok new problem guys, I need help. The vibration noises, which is quite loud is coming from inside the cabinet. I tried pressing on everything, and can't figure it out. Its quite loud.. only when there is bass really. I tried pressing on the woofer itself and it makes it worse to some degree. Anyone have any ideas? Never had this much issues before, and this is new. Do you think its because of a power issue with the pinlights and the shaker motor causing some sort of "dirty noise"? or do you think my woofer has malfunctioned?
Thanks

#588 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Ok new problem guys, I need help. The vibration noises, which is quite loud is coming from inside the cabinet. I tried pressing on everything, and can't figure it out. Its quite loud.. only when there is bass really. I tried pressing on the woofer itself and it makes it worse to some degree. Anyone have any ideas? Never had this much issues before, and this is new. Do you think its because of a power issue with the pinlights and the shaker motor causing some sort of "dirty noise"? or do you think my woofer has malfunctioned?
Thanks

unplug both the pinlights and shaker and see if the problem persists

#589 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

unplug both the pinlights and shaker and see if the problem persists

It turned out to be that volume amplifier I forgot a few days ago I turned that black dial up and that’s what is causing vibrations .... hehe
Thanks for the advice tho

#590 5 years ago

The amp can do that and can go bad quickly. The wire connecting it to control board is complete garbage too. Wiggle it and you can catch plenty of distortion. For $30 you can get a replacement amp on Amazon (wire connector sold separately)

#591 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

The amp can do that and can go bad quickly. The wire connecting it to control board is complete garbage too. Wiggle it and you can catch plenty of distortion. For $30 you can get a replacement amp on Amazon (wire connector sold separately)

Do you guys have a working link to this document ? http://www.heighwaypinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/AlienAmplifierSettings.pdf

Thanks!

#592 5 years ago

Can't find the instructions but the photo below shows the recommended settings.

Black - Between 1-2
Treble - 5
Base - 2
Volume - 3

Alien Amplifier Settings (resized).jpgAlien Amplifier Settings (resized).jpg
#593 5 years ago

Can someone direct me to who and where I should purchase a shaker motor from? Is it worth installing...Wanted to verify with owners before acquiring.

Thanks!

#594 5 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

Can someone direct me to who and where I should purchase a shaker motor from? Is it worth installing...Wanted to verify with owners before acquiring.
Thanks!

Actually, I hardly notice it above the rumble and vibration the base cabinet speaker provides. I'm also curious what other owners think.

When exercising it from the test menu, it doesn't move very fast. Was told this is normal.

#595 5 years ago

One other issue just came up. Anyone’s LCD screen on their playfield look like this? Numbers are not very clear and the graphics at times are a bit hard to read. Doesn’t look right. Any help would be appreciated

Update: Swapped out cables etc and I think my LCD screen is bad. Looks like multiple screens (pictures) burned in. Not as obvious from the pics but any of the scenes like Mother etc are visibly hard to see. Almost as if the brightness of the screen was turned down to a min. Anyone know where I can purchase a replacement?

42F89F09-4E37-4BF6-BC90-604295598DF6 (resized).jpeg42F89F09-4E37-4BF6-BC90-604295598DF6 (resized).jpeg
D67D52F2-35C3-4DE3-A3B6-C60940DA9B00 (resized).jpegD67D52F2-35C3-4DE3-A3B6-C60940DA9B00 (resized).jpeg

#596 5 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

One other issue just came up. Anyone’s LCD screen on their playfield look like this? Numbers are not very clear and the graphics at times are a bit hard to read. Doesn’t look right. Any help would be appreciated
Update: Swapped out cables etc and I think my LCD screen is bad. Looks like multiple screens (pictures) burned in. Not as obvious from the pics but any of the scenes like Mother etc are visibly hard to see. Almost as if the brightness of the screen was turned down to a min. Anyone know where I can purchase a replacement?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

https://vi.aliexpress.com/item/-/32812494499.html

#598 5 years ago

Thank you!!! Just ordered 2. Feel like buying 10 of them...bad part is when I do hoard away...I’m left with all but one being unused. Lol

#599 5 years ago

that is the nice part about these games - most of the parts are just off the shelf

Quoted from pinballwil:

My Frendsfull throttle has a problem.
Got the yellow warn led stuck on IO board 1.
Reset button won't help.
Can i fix this?.
Or do i need a new one.
revision 1.4b 0.6
Help needed.

This unfortunately, is one of the parts that was made for heighway, apparently nitro is getting them remade, not sure if someone good could repair a board but sounds like she will have to wait.

#600 5 years ago

Upon setting my game up and playing a few I noticed some issues. Seem like bugs and maybe one mechanical issue. Can anyone chime in if they have or are having similar issues.

1. There have been times when I power up the game and it freezes on the screen that says booting. I have to turn the power button off/on again and usually it will complete booting up to game play. What’s happening here and can it be fixed?

2. Right upper flipper at times will just stop working. If a ball drains...the flipper will work again. No consistency on when it will stop working. What could the issue be??

3. During a player 1 game play I hit start to add player 2. When the player 2 game started...I noticed that some of the lights were off. Shot the ball into the top left scoop and it didn’t recognize it. It eventually went through ball check and knocked it out. Shot it into another scoop off to the left and the same thing happened. I believe had I shot at any target, the same would have been an issue. Help on understanding what may be the issue here would be helpful.

Thanks - A

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

9,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,031 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heighway-pinball-support-full-throttle-and-alien/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.