image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#204 9 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Get those folks some step stools!!!

That was my first thought. And some eye protection too...

5 months later
#473 8 years ago

Here's Tommy Floyd (Nitro Pinball in Canada) on local TV showing "Full Throttle":

http://globalnews.ca/video/2221780/pinball-wizards?hootPostID=b6f096c243a051f3e9290f8b837dc113

#557 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Is that right inside orbit to the left in lane as fast/fun as it looks on video?

Yes! Very fast and a unique shot - caught me off guard every time when I played FT yesterday.

#573 8 years ago

I got the chance to play several game yesterday on Full Throttle and here are a few random comments.

Bill has already mentioned the wood showing around the playfield display and lack of player score info (which Andrew has addressed).

Personally, I thought the ramp flow was excellent and didn't notice any problems with the ball not being returned to flippers fast enough (unlike Mustangs right bowl return ugh!). I was playing the same game as Bill FWIW

The grey metal trim around the glass cassette just doesn't look right - way too wide. Is there any way it can be made narrower? IMHO black would look better and not be not so obtrusive. Having said that I didn't notice the grey trim while playing.

I love the music - where can I buy the CD?!!!

The ramp assembly is a thing of beauty - must be the largest pinball ramp ever made. It appears to be strong but I am sure will cost £££££/$$$$$ if replacement is necessary.

Playfield plastics appear to be thicker than normal and will hopefully avoid future ball damage.

The legs are recessed into the cabinet - a nice touch.

I didn't like all the carriage bolts on the metal protectors by the shooter and start buttons on the cab front. If replaced by studs welded on the back it would look much cleaner.

I noticed a lag between the ball making the rollover switches above the pops and the corresponding lane lamp lighting.

The main IEC power cable plugs into a combo power socket/switch mounted on the underside of the cabinet near the coin door. This means that the power cable is left hanging under the game and may even fall out with vibration. Some cable support is required or else mount the power inlet on the back of the game as WMS did.

I love the fact that the Welsh flag is on the translite - a nice touch that reminds us where the game is made

Overall, I thought he game play was superb and this really is a well put together game. I had way more fun playing Full Throttle than any modern Stern game. Andrew and his team have a lot to be proud of for their first effort!

IMG_20150920_185432793.jpgIMG_20150920_185432793.jpg

4 months later
#660 8 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Been corrected already - good stuff

Thanks for clarifying that - thought I was going even more crazy

2 months later
#723 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It's still odd to me that there is a place called Merthyr Tydfil and you just didn't randomly type letters on your keyboard .

Just be thankful they didn't setup shop in Llanfair­pwllgwyngyll­gogery­chwyrn­drobwll­llan­tysilio­gogo­goch

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
9,799 (OBO)
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heighway-pinball-official-pinside-thread?tu=woz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.