image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk6pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#90 9 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

A big day for us today - our first game, Full Throttle, spent a full day of pre-compliance electrical emission testing, and passed with flying colours!

Compliance Testing 261114.jpg 67 KB

Congrats!!!. .......pretty sure I wouldn't past pre-compliance, as I'm not sure I'd last long at all in that chamber...

1 month later
#108 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Well, building 251 bacardi machines over 4.5 months in a 10,000 square foot warehouse is significantly different then building pinball machines in a 40,000 square foot warehouse. Id look for some significant bumps in the road until they can get to there 3rd game. If they are shipping aliens in april 2015 that would be a miracle.

I think designing, building, delivering 251 Bacardi machines is significant, period ( Bacardi is no small fish, suspect expectations were high, regardless what the thing was). Nice to know they understand manufacturing.

Seeing Alien in April certainly seems optimistic , but have no reason to expect " significant bumps" at this point. As long as the machine is awesome, very few care about that timeline ( though Andrew is unwavering)......Full Throttle will be telling......

2 months later
#142 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'm in the first batch and have gotten a few updates from Andrew. Now we're looking at end of March delivery.
Originally at expo he was saying December... so if this can hold for March I'm good with that, especially in light of the 11th hour cabinet changes (standard glass size and 2nd LCD back glass option).

Just stumbled on this.....knew about the standard glass, but not the optional 2nd LCD back glass !!! This is huge ( hoping it carries over to Alien).....mark

#144 9 years ago

Kind of figured it was a second screen....still....very anxious to see this!!!

1 week later
#154 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Andrew gave me a call out of the blue yesterday just to touch base, which in light of what is going on with other pinball projects lately was a nice change.
Still waiting for final parts to arrive, but doing their sub assemblies. It's all hands of deck and he's put off attending some trade shows that are happening over the next few weeks so he can remain focused on getting their games out the door.

Very encouraging...confident these are going out soon....mark

1 week later
#184 9 years ago

It is certainly some type of production/ assembly device of sorts...just hearing " major piece of equipment arriving at our factory" is very exciting....machines are going to be made!!!

#187 9 years ago

Whatever it is, I can confidently say one thing...." It's progress!!!"

The guy is investing money in what's important ...production equipment!!! ( and transparent enough to show it off...sort of)

I personally don't care if I get my Alien until later in the year...he has listened and made positive changes already, and I want this thing to be as bad ass as possible when I finally get it....

#199 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I agree. Especially when you know how much infrastructure Heighway has already built in order to make these pins (including the recent picture of some serious manufacturing equipment...whatever it is), there is no reason to think that this would ever turn out like that certain pre-order fiasco that shall remain nameless.

Agreed .....AlienLE is $1500.00 fully refundable....same terms as Frolic stated on balance. Judging by Andrews actions, he's looking for more of a commitment level as opposed to needing the cash to build these things...seems very reasonable/ understandable to me......I'm committed ( and happy there is going to be a second display option in the backbox too!!!).....mark

2 weeks later
#221 9 years ago

Hi everyone,
As you all know, we decided to look at adding a backbox-mounted LCD screen as an optional extra. This came about after discussions with operators, and feedback from Pinsiders.
All the designing and testing has been done, and we can now show you the results.
We will be announcing the price of this add-on within the next week, and opening orders for it.
All customers in the first batch of Full Throttle games will have the option to buy, and have the backbox screen factory-fitted.
» YouTube video

Like ALOT!!!!! it appears screen is 16:9, NOT square, and fits the frame of the backbox well!!!! This will kill on this game, as well as Alien!!!

Some bitched about WOZ screen (which I like) too big, wanting smaller, some talk now about this one too small....for cryin' out loud......Andrew LISTENED to us and put one in the backbox, when there wasn't to start with...good grief....THANK YOU ANDREW....THANK YOU HEIGHWAY TEAM!!!!

#222 9 years ago
Quoted from karl:

This looks brilliant, Andrew. A must have add-on.
I am really grateful that Heighway made the effort to include this. It means a lot to us, Andrew.

Yes it does Andrew.....thank you!!!!!

#228 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The screen is actually 16:10, so just slightly taller than the usual widescreen aspect ratio, pretty much super common with computer-sized LCD displays. Definitely not square.

EXACTLY (I missed it by , couldn't tell from the vid)....a very MODERN approach.....looks badass...period.....

#233 9 years ago
Quoted from drinkduffbeers:

Ok that's it. I'm in. Deposit sent for the limited edition Alien
Happy days

Welcome to the Club!!!.....212 here....and already pm'd Andrew to put the extra screen in mine...he responded within 30 minutes. " thank you, my pleasure"...too excited....mark

#242 9 years ago
Quoted from drinkduffbeers:

Nice one thanks. I've requested the backbox screen would be rude not to!
Also just booked tickets for the UK Pinball party in August so will hopefully get to check out the pin in person at the Heighway Pinball factory.

That's a ticket I might have to buy.....

#258 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

There has been videos from Stern's factory, where there is a station where every single part is inspected for quality as they arrive. You just can't make assumptions even if the design was OK'd before hand.
The problem here is obviously it is holding things up from the line getting going fully. But that is also why they were aiming for a batch of 20 first, this is where these things come up.
I can live with these types of snafus, just manufacturing issues to be worked out. I have less concerns about the underlying business fundamentals compared to some of the other new pinballs out there.

Agreed...these machines are actually being made in quantity, so bugs will surface....glad they are in front of most of them...suspect there will be more afterwards, as well, once they are in the wild...I'm 100% ok with it, as they are coming to fruition, Andrew has not shown sign one of being nothing but transparent with a BUSINESS approach......mark

ps - this also means alot will be sorted out before Alien!!!

1 month later
#324 8 years ago

The approvals process is very complicated with FOX, and has caused us significant delays. We have a lot of material with them in the pipeline. I do believe we can start showing elements to you soon - within weeks, maybe sooner
I can tell you that all departments are making significant progress.
We are fully committed to trying to have prototypes to show at the UK Pinball Party in August

Looks like a field trip across the pond can be justified!!!...

#337 8 years ago
Quoted from zeddex:

All pre-orders are not equal. Manufacturing and QA are enormous with Pinball. That really cannot be overstated. Heighway has proven they are a legitimate manufacturer and have been pretty good about information - at least that they are head down in actual manufacturing with the pictures to prove it. People should be careful to not throw everyone in the same "pre-order bucket" or create an un-win-able scenario for a manufacturer where they are forum eviscerated for either giving out projected dates or being silent on the matter all together....that no matter what they do, they lose unless pinballs are on a truck. If Heighway or another genuine start up were to release games that had legitimate product wide issues, it would sink them overnight. Dates are soft goals, but a quality pinball is the target. I am skeptical by nature, but nothing I have see thus far from Heighway indicates they are doing anything but ensuring that the pinball machines they release are of top working order. (I am Alien LE #88 for what its worth).

Agree completely ( Alien212LE, btw)....I truly don't believe I'm being naive in stating that a manufacturer ( they ARE a manufacturer....built things already) would use a preorder model to help gauge interest, and see nothing wrong with that. It would take more than " thumbs up" to convince me to spend substantial money creating a new title.

If I was asked to pay in full upfront, big chunks, no factory, etc. obvious questions would arise.....but no way my deposit is " paying Peter from Paul" ...just not enough money.

Pretty evident that Heighway has invested substantial funds that didn't come from preorders...and are a legitimate company ( just lucky for us they have a passion for our small hobby).

I have the utmost confidence in this endeavor , and am excited to be a small part of it.....mark

#339 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

but really want it to be at my house by x-mas.

That's where I'm at as well....very content w that timeframe, and want the game as awesome as possible BEFORE it is shipped to me...

#341 8 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Don't want to pay for for le status or different cab. Personally I find Le buyers to be ultimate suckers and I have been there . Enjoy that ride, not for me.

Hmmm..I don't have all LE's but very happy with them.....don't think I fit in the " Ultimate Sucker" crowd ( who ever that might be)....see from above you've had a tough day...no worries...

1 week later
#364 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Ass hat

Messages Image(1166632568).png

Outstanding pic, Rob!!!...brought sunshine to an otherwise long, dreary workday...

#392 8 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

Uau! Those backhand shots are really amazing..
The flow looks top!
the jackpot light show on the multiball is amazing also.
Can't wait to see an above average player on this game... or me.. :p

Must say...this title didn't have much interest to me (I'm way in for Alien), but after seeing that video.....very nice flow, cool lighting, and appears to be deadly fast.....really liking the screen on the playfield......mark

#399 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'm getting the 2nd lcd. Because of the modular system, it makes sense to pay the extra to get the 2nd lcd, since it is a one time expense and shared with all other titles.

ditto for me w/ AlienLE....wise choice....

#408 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Just ordered the second LCD for my Aliens LE, Thanks Andrew
Looking forward to seeing some Aliens updates soon.

Already there man.....these will rock!!!.....mark

1 month later
#445 8 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

How was the speech pics?

Ditto....

3 months later
#601 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Picture

20151121_123400.jpg

There appears to be more room than I thought for cool artwork on the backbox w the big screen ( hint, hint Aurich)..

3 months later
#683 8 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

Waterjet CNC cutter

Ditto

#712 8 years ago

Fiber, chrome, and large monitor look spectacular!!! More excited than ever to see the Alien LE now!!! Great stuff!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk6pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heighway-pinball-official-pinside-thread?tu=mk6pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.