image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider backflipper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#127 9 years ago

Andrew,

I am very happy to see the delivery of some parts as a purchaser of FTLE and Alien LE.

Maybe you can answer some questions here - I would appreciate it and I am certain that others are curious. Answering questions like these, I think, will keep purchasers and potential buyers confident in your product when there is quite a bit of concern right now with "boutique" pinball houses.

1) When do you anticipate receiving cabinets and playfields? Do you mind sharing who is making them?

2) Have you hired staff for assembly or will you use a staffing company?

3) Are you aware of any delays or complications with any parts? Are all of the parts ordered and have all manufacturers committed to delivery dates?

4) Have you made a decision on the second "optional" LCD? Price?

5) Hardest question of all - what is the latest date you can think of that the first games will be delivered?

Thank you very much!

Kindest regards,

Jim Tracy

#129 9 years ago

Thanks Andrew. I really feel that transparency is key right now in this industry. We have all been somewhat "conditioned" on delays, but we don't always get clear and honest communication. IMO, "bad news" is better than "no news" as long as we are all getting "honest news." I really think you will be quite successful with this mantra. I bought AMH - they were honest and had great communication in the process - and I am a customer for life. I bought in on others that I won't mention - they lost a customer for life. Stern has treated me pretty good - I have bought every single game since Rolling Stones (except Mustang because Full Throttle is going to be my driving game). You treat this community right and you will sell us all 5, 10 or even 15 games in the coming years. You are off to a great start - really looking forward to seeing some sort of assembly line in a few weeks. Cheers!

4 weeks later
#162 9 years ago

I am in on an LE and was told they would take another 1-2 months before they are ready to start production. The first games will be the standards.

#166 9 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

You are in for Full Throttle LE? And you were given a delivery date of May or June?
Marcus

This is the exact quote from Andrew earlier in the thread:

"The first batch of games will number 20. 10 of these should be ready by the middle of March, the other 10 by the end of March at the latest. The next batch of 40 games will be 2-4 weeks after. The first batch of games will all be SEs, as we need to finalize the shaker motor and fiber optic lighting for the LEs. LEs will definitely be in the second batch."

1 week later
#173 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Easy! It's the Multiplicitive ultrafonic clystron frequency modulator! (just send my shirt)

I think you're wrong. I think it's that one machine that helps in making pinball machines. send me my shirt - XL.

#175 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It's the carcass of a dead Predator killed by an Alien.

Is it too soon to make jokes?

#178 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

They got it from Skit-B's basement?
...too soon?

Then it must be 8 pinball cabinets ready to have the decals sanded off.

2 weeks later
#207 9 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Our latest YouTube video update is out now...
» YouTube video

This is the type of thing preorder people need to see.

#225 9 years ago
Quoted from karl:

This looks brilliant, Andrew. A must have add-on.
I am really grateful that Heighway made the effort to include this. It means a lot to us, Andrew.

What Karl said!!!

This will keep people from looking over your shoulder while playing. Brilliant. Brilliant. Brilliant.

1 month later
#311 8 years ago

I don't know about anyone else, but I could really use a big update here. Anything???

#314 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I talked to Andrew over the weekend and he indicated he was going to post some kind of small update about when the next big update was coming, which I believe was also soon.
I can tell you this: getting to see the inside of the 'sausage factory' definitely gives me more understanding about how the pace of things can be so fitful. You can make a lot of progress in a short space of time and feel great, and then have some small part out of your control get delayed and see how that can suddenly lock up the rest.
I'm primarily a digital guy. I've worked on some huge multi-million dollar projects in my time, with their own share of delays and "what's wrong now?" moments. But when you're digital you're at least not dealing with the real world of manufacturing!

I get it - totally. Believe me, I am Andrew's biggest fan. I ordered both games on Day #1. I am in for Full Throttle LE #3 (paid in full) and Alien LE #3 (partially paid). That means I am still waiting for FT standards to get done and have not heard one single thing about the LE's other than Andrew still plans on making them. I don't believe there has ever been an update that included anything about FTLE. That's why I (personally) could really use something here. I will remain patient for the time being.

#327 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

As you can see above that's what I was referring to. I think that counts as genuine substance, no?

Yep, genuine substance. I appreciate it. I know Andrew is working very hard, but these are some tenuous times in pinball. A couple of paragraphs go a long way. Thanks Aurich and Andrew!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
9,799 (OBO)
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider backflipper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heighway-pinball-official-pinside-thread?tu=backflipper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.