image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
There are 781 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 16.
#151 9 years ago

Great to see some action in the Heighway factory.

Let's hope they have got all the other parts by now. They need to speed it up if they are gonna make the latest end of March shipping deadline for the first 20 machines.

Full (throttle) speed ahead

Exciting times.

#152 9 years ago

yeah, i'm looking forward to photos from the actual line assembling games.

#153 9 years ago

Andrew gave me a call out of the blue yesterday just to touch base, which in light of what is going on with other pinball projects lately was a nice change.

Still waiting for final parts to arrive, but doing their sub assemblies. It's all hands of deck and he's put off attending some trade shows that are happening over the next few weeks so he can remain focused on getting their games out the door.

#154 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Andrew gave me a call out of the blue yesterday just to touch base, which in light of what is going on with other pinball projects lately was a nice change.
Still waiting for final parts to arrive, but doing their sub assemblies. It's all hands of deck and he's put off attending some trade shows that are happening over the next few weeks so he can remain focused on getting their games out the door.

Very encouraging...confident these are going out soon....mark

#155 9 years ago

So May? June?

#156 9 years ago

I'm in the first batch and he is still hoping end of march for that.

The one thing that came up during our phone call was the Bacardi game. I had forgotten about it, but they do have that experience pushing a game out. I think he told me they had to produce 150 in a week or something, very short. So he's got that experience to draw from.

I do believe it's a waiting for parts thing at the moment, but as soon as the line can be fired up the games will be done in short order.

#157 9 years ago

Whoop!
Dear David,

We are scheduled to start production of Full Throttle on Monday 30th March 2015. We are expecting the first run of games to be completed within 2 weeks of this date.

#158 9 years ago

i just got the same email.

#159 9 years ago

Thanks for the update, frolic.

#160 9 years ago

No e-mail for me yet but I was told a few months ago that I am in the first 20 machine batch so it is all good. Great to have pinside in these cases

EDIT: Never mind. Got it now

#161 9 years ago

I really hope one or two end up on site somewhere in the UK.

#162 9 years ago

I am in on an LE and was told they would take another 1-2 months before they are ready to start production. The first games will be the standards.

#163 9 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

I am in on an LE and was told they would take another 1-2 months before they are ready to start production. The first games will be the standards.

You are in for Full Throttle LE? And you were given a delivery date of May or June?

Marcus

#164 9 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Is it just me, or does that seem backwards?

#165 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Well, Stern ships Pros a couple of months before LEs.

From what Andrew has posted here on Pinside, the LE features (lighted ramps, shaker) are still being worked on.

On the flip side, my machine being one of the first means its a guinea pig, which isn't necessarily a great thing (think WOZ).

#166 9 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

You are in for Full Throttle LE? And you were given a delivery date of May or June?
Marcus

This is the exact quote from Andrew earlier in the thread:

"The first batch of games will number 20. 10 of these should be ready by the middle of March, the other 10 by the end of March at the latest. The next batch of 40 games will be 2-4 weeks after. The first batch of games will all be SEs, as we need to finalize the shaker motor and fiber optic lighting for the LEs. LEs will definitely be in the second batch."

#167 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Just you

#168 9 years ago

Ah that makes more sense now. I reversed my backwards and all is well.

1 week later
#169 9 years ago

A major piece of equipment arrived at our factory today ...

We are holding a competition on Facebook and Twitter if anyone wants to guess as to what is under the blue cover? Just search for Heighway Pinball and post your guess

Winner will be randomly selected from the correct answers, and will receive a Heighway Pinball polo shirt and signed flyer. Competition ends at 17.00 GMT on Friday 27th March

If you're entering then good luck!

heighway competition guess what.jpgheighway competition guess what.jpg
#170 9 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

A major piece of equipment arrived at our factory today ...

Easy! It's the Multiplicitive ultrafonic clystron frequency modulator! (just send my shirt)

#171 9 years ago

It's the carcass of a dead Predator killed by an Alien.

#172 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Easy! It's the Multiplicitive ultrafonic clystron frequency modulator! (just send my shirt)

AWW MAN! Beat me by one minute!!!

#173 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I think you're wrong. I think it's that one machine that helps in making pinball machines. send me my shirt - XL.

#174 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

And....

Rob went there. But with style!

#175 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Is it too soon to make jokes?

#176 9 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

I think it's that one machine that helps in making pinball machines.

They got it from Skit-B's basement?
...too soon?

#177 9 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Is it too soon to make jokes?

Nah. It's about that time. If I'm cool with it, it's cool.

#178 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

They got it from Skit-B's basement?
...too soon?

Then it must be 8 pinball cabinets ready to have the decals sanded off.

#179 9 years ago

If anyone's interested, Ive got a $4750 SkitB T -shirt fs? No?

Doesn't matter. I'm thinking of getting an Aliens tee anyways.

#180 9 years ago

My official guess is a PF screening machine. Yes? No? Shut up?

#181 9 years ago

You see that triple axle?......something for building the metal cabinets. Press or bender?

#182 9 years ago

I dunno what it is, but I'm hoping we get to see pics of Full Throttle rolling down the line in a few days!

#183 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I dunno what it is, but I'm hoping we get to see pics of Full Throttle rolling down the line in a few days!

Making pinball is hard.

Would you accept pics of Full Throttle running down the line in a few months instead of days?

#184 9 years ago

It is certainly some type of production/ assembly device of sorts...just hearing " major piece of equipment arriving at our factory" is very exciting....machines are going to be made!!!

#185 9 years ago

It's obvious it's a device that allows full throttle and alien to be built on the one line.
That's the only way I see alien going into production next month.

#186 9 years ago

A fork lift truck to move assembled machine / pallets around?

#187 9 years ago

Whatever it is, I can confidently say one thing...." It's progress!!!"

The guy is investing money in what's important ...production equipment!!! ( and transparent enough to show it off...sort of)

I personally don't care if I get my Alien until later in the year...he has listened and made positive changes already, and I want this thing to be as bad ass as possible when I finally get it....

#188 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Making pinball is hard.
Would you accept pics of Full Throttle running down the line in a few months instead of days?

I would actually!

But I thought the latest word was that Full Throttle production was beginning on the 1st? Only reason I was so specific.

#189 9 years ago

It's the wire spooling machine to help make wiring harnesses.

#190 9 years ago

Play field CNC machine thingy to cut out and route?

#191 9 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

and will receive a Heighway Pinball polo shirt

Will these shirts also be for sale? I'd buy one if I could.

#192 9 years ago

Just posted this accidentally to the Alien thread, but here is the update for Full Throttle:

Just received email request for 50% payment today as production is starting THIS Monday (March 30).

Other 50% will be collected when they send a photo of my game at the end of the line ready for shipping .

#193 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Just posted this accidentally to the Alien thread, but here is the update for Full Throttle:
Just received email request for 50% payment today as production is starting THIS Monday (March 30).
Other 50% will be collected when they send a photo of my game at the end of the line ready for shipping .

Wait. You mean you haven't actually paid any money down on Full Throttle until now? I thought you had.

If not, that's pretty awesome!

#194 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

If anyone's interested, Ive got a $4750 SkitB T -shirt fs? No?

Lucky you. You have the T-shirt. I have nothing.

#195 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Wait. You mean you haven't actually paid any money down on Full Throttle until now? I thought you had.

1,000. Until now.

#196 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

$1000 refundable deposit.

the $1k will be deducted from the final payment.

I don't personally have a problem with ~$1k deposits, especially when stipulated as completely refundable no-questions-asked (no buyer needed to replace you, etc). If it's just a way for the manufacturer to determine demand, not a crowd funding technique.

#197 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

$1000 refundable deposit.
the $1k will be deducted from the final payment.
I don't personally have a problem with ~$1k deposits, especially when stipulated as completely refundable no-questions-asked (no buyer needed to replace you, etc). If it's just a way for the manufacturer to determine demand, not a crowd funding technique.

I agree. Especially when you know how much infrastructure Heighway has already built in order to make these pins (including the recent picture of some serious manufacturing equipment...whatever it is), there is no reason to think that this would ever turn out like that certain pre-order fiasco that shall remain nameless.

#198 9 years ago

I'm cool with $1000 deposits too. It's enough money to say "hey, I'm serious here" but not enough to really kill you if something were to go seriously wrong. Suck to lose it, but you're never going to eliminate risk in investing in something cool.

Frankly if you can't afford to lose the $1000 you shouldn't be buying boutique pinballs.

#199 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I agree. Especially when you know how much infrastructure Heighway has already built in order to make these pins (including the recent picture of some serious manufacturing equipment...whatever it is), there is no reason to think that this would ever turn out like that certain pre-order fiasco that shall remain nameless.

Agreed .....AlienLE is $1500.00 fully refundable....same terms as Frolic stated on balance. Judging by Andrews actions, he's looking for more of a commitment level as opposed to needing the cash to build these things...seems very reasonable/ understandable to me......I'm committed ( and happy there is going to be a second display option in the backbox too!!!).....mark

#200 9 years ago

Andrew Heighway was pretty deliberate about not asking for any Full Throttle money until they had a final-ish game to show (the big Pinball News article). Only then he asked for $1k. I was impressed by his ability to get as far as he did with personal financing.

Alien he changed that up, and obviously things didn't come together as quick as they wanted, so my advice to him going forward would be to stick to the Full Throttle model and only take pre-orders on games as they are near production. It'll make for an easier PR ride if there are bumps with the schedule.

From what I understand they have several games under development all at once, so I suspect the lead time from announcement to release will be much tighter going forward.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
9,799 (OBO)
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 781 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heighway-pinball-official-pinside-thread/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.