image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

There are 781 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 16.
#101 9 years ago

I spoke to the guys at Playdium today about it and there is a lot of crap to deal with but hopefully it works out. One of the things I found foolish was that they said because of the cost most people would rather order straight from the source like with JJP in the beginning but look what happened with some having to wait years to get there games, I would rather pay the premium prices and get the game quick, easy and delivered from Starburst. How much could it really be, not enough for me to want to deal with shipping and all that crap. Anyway time will tell, Oh yeah I'm not a fan of their music, although they are good musicians and songwriters but Ed from the barenaked Ladies was there todays buying some parts, he's quite the pinhead I had a good time talking pins and joking around with him and the guys in the parts departments, really nice guy and funny. Aliens.

2 weeks later
#102 9 years ago

A.D. from Redline - the band that provides all the music for Full Throttle - paid a visit this week

#103 9 years ago

Nice! Looking forward to getting my Full Throttle soon. Are you on track for January production goodness, Andrew?

#104 9 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

Compliance testing takes place in a futuristic prison over there? You guys sure are different.

No this is actually the Alien/s LE custom topper and side skirts ensemble, really ties a pinroom together

2 weeks later
#105 9 years ago

Pinball news interview with Andrew:

#106 9 years ago

Very cool! These guys seem to have all there ducks in a row! Well done Andrew.

#107 9 years ago

Well, building 251 bacardi machines over 4.5 months in a 10,000 square foot warehouse is significantly different then building pinball machines in a 40,000 square foot warehouse. Id look for some significant bumps in the road until they can get to there 3rd game. If they are shipping aliens in april 2015 that would be a miracle.

#108 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Well, building 251 bacardi machines over 4.5 months in a 10,000 square foot warehouse is significantly different then building pinball machines in a 40,000 square foot warehouse. Id look for some significant bumps in the road until they can get to there 3rd game. If they are shipping aliens in april 2015 that would be a miracle.

I think designing, building, delivering 251 Bacardi machines is significant, period ( Bacardi is no small fish, suspect expectations were high, regardless what the thing was). Nice to know they understand manufacturing.

Seeing Alien in April certainly seems optimistic , but have no reason to expect " significant bumps" at this point. As long as the machine is awesome, very few care about that timeline ( though Andrew is unwavering)......Full Throttle will be telling......

#109 9 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Full Throttle will be telling

It all comes down to this. Alien has the hype, but game 1 will tell the story.

#110 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

And I will be watching closely for reviews/feedback on Full Throttle as I am very interested in purchasing it before Alien. I hope you get yours early.

2 weeks later
#111 9 years ago

any distributors finalized for Aus?

and any videos out of game play or virtual game play of alien ?, must be dam close.

#112 9 years ago

Back in!!!

#113 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I don't think you will be disappointed by FT. I played several games on the prototype last October (including a very long and highly satisfying ball) and the game has very good potential. At that time it needed a number of minor adjustments but played well... a fast-playing widebody!

#114 9 years ago

here is there secret machine revealed, looks very nice

http://www.pinballnews.com/news/bacardi.html

and it was the video found about 6 weeks ago

http://www.youtube.com/embed/YwK2vpvClDM?autoplay=1&rel=0

#115 9 years ago

40 games a week. Pretty good effort for a brand new machine albeit one considerably simpler looking than a pin. Looks like a fine learning experience for them and certainly builds my confidence in them.

#116 9 years ago

Underside of Full Throttle (from Pinball News article):

6.jpg6.jpg

#117 9 years ago

Looks heavy duty!

#118 9 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Underside of Full Throttle (from Pinball News article):

6.jpg 96 KB

Beast! That thing looks like a car chassis....

#119 9 years ago

So...sounds like there have been problems at EAG for Heighway, reports say that the new prototypes have not been working, hope they can get them going for the launch tomorrow.

#120 9 years ago

Are bacardi games or version of able to be purchased? It looks like a fun party game.

#121 9 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

So...sounds like there have been problems at EAG for Heighway, reports say that the new prototypes have not been working, hope they can get them going for the launch tomorrow.

Wow, bummer if true. We know how hard they've worked to get here, and its probably a single component failing or something. Something that can be replaced, but the timing couldn't be worse because of the show and party on top of each other.

3 weeks later
#122 9 years ago

In our latest YouTube video, we report from the recent Official Launch Party of our first game, Full Throttle.

Taking place at the Pipeline Bar in Central London, on Friday January 16th 2015, highlights included a performance by REDLINE from their album VICE - who's tracks feature on our game.

#123 9 years ago

It looks like everyone had a blast Andrew! Now that's a very cool way to launch a game! Thanks for the update, can't wait to play it again. When does production start of Full Throttle?

1 week later
#124 9 years ago

We get ever closer to production...

80 boxes of parts arrived today for Full Throttle, with many more to follow over the next few weeks

IMG_5896.JPGIMG_5896.JPG IMG_5897.JPGIMG_5897.JPG
#125 9 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

We get ever closer to production...
80 boxes of parts arrived today for Full Throttle, with many more to follow over the next few weeks

IMG_5896.JPG 172 KB

IMG_5897.JPG 167 KB

in the box.jpgin the box.jpg
#126 9 years ago

Best part of that damn movie....

Can't stand G-whine-eth!

Later,
EV

#127 9 years ago

Andrew,

I am very happy to see the delivery of some parts as a purchaser of FTLE and Alien LE.

Maybe you can answer some questions here - I would appreciate it and I am certain that others are curious. Answering questions like these, I think, will keep purchasers and potential buyers confident in your product when there is quite a bit of concern right now with "boutique" pinball houses.

1) When do you anticipate receiving cabinets and playfields? Do you mind sharing who is making them?

2) Have you hired staff for assembly or will you use a staffing company?

3) Are you aware of any delays or complications with any parts? Are all of the parts ordered and have all manufacturers committed to delivery dates?

4) Have you made a decision on the second "optional" LCD? Price?

5) Hardest question of all - what is the latest date you can think of that the first games will be delivered?

Thank you very much!

Kindest regards,

Jim Tracy

#128 9 years ago

Hi Jim,

We have always tried to be transparent so I have no problem answering your questions.

1. We have pre-production versions of both cabinet and playfield coming next week. These are to make sure everything is 100% by the time production starts. The first run of cabinets and playfields will arrive a week after. All the materials are already purchased - suppliers are just waiting for the green light

2. 2 new staff have been hired full time. We also have access to contract staff. We will adjust our staffing levels accordingly. I personally will spend time on the production line and quality control - as it's my name going on the games. Clearly this is not a long term strategy but everyone in the company can be pulled onto the production line, if needed

3. Parts procurement is one of the biggest challenges of a pinball manufacturer. I am personally overseeing this. There have been a few delays and problems - but they are all under control. Chinese New Year has been a big headache for us, with companies closing down there for 2 weeks. At this point, I am happy with our procurement situation,even though we have recently had 1-2 week delays

4. The second backbox screen is going into next week's pre production machine. We don't foresee any problems with this. The price is not finalised yet, but the upgrade kit should cost no more than $300-350. We may well offer substantial discounts on these upgrade packages to existing customers

5. The first batch of games will number 20. 10 of these should be ready by the middle of March, the other 10 by the end of March at the latest. The next batch of 40 games will be 2-4 weeks after. The first batch of games will all be SEs, as we need to finalise the shaker motor and fibre optic lighting for the LEs. LEs will definitely be in the second batch

I hope I have answered all your questions

#129 9 years ago

Thanks Andrew. I really feel that transparency is key right now in this industry. We have all been somewhat "conditioned" on delays, but we don't always get clear and honest communication. IMO, "bad news" is better than "no news" as long as we are all getting "honest news." I really think you will be quite successful with this mantra. I bought AMH - they were honest and had great communication in the process - and I am a customer for life. I bought in on others that I won't mention - they lost a customer for life. Stern has treated me pretty good - I have bought every single game since Rolling Stones (except Mustang because Full Throttle is going to be my driving game). You treat this community right and you will sell us all 5, 10 or even 15 games in the coming years. You are off to a great start - really looking forward to seeing some sort of assembly line in a few weeks. Cheers!

#130 9 years ago

The first batch of games will all be SEs, as we need to finalise the shaker motor and fibre optic lighting for the LEs. LEs will definitely be in the second batch

I didn't even realize that Full Throttle LE was going to have the fiber optic lighting. I knew that Alien LE was going to have it.

#131 9 years ago

Hi everyone,

An update for you on the glass situation.

We have redesigned our glass magazine so the glass size we will be using is the same as WMS wide body glass.

Therefore, anyone looking to replace our standard glass with PDI/Invisiglass can do so.

We will likely offer a non-reflective glass option ourselves at some point as well.

Widebody glass dimensions 603mm x 1092mm x 5mm (4-6mm permittable)

#132 9 years ago

Smart!!!! Thank you

#133 9 years ago

We have redesigned our glass magazine so the glass size we will be using is the same as WMS wide body glass.

Excellent idea!

#134 9 years ago

Hi everyone,
An update for you on the glass situation.
Therefore, anyone looking to replace our standard glass with PDI/Invisiglass can do so.
We will likely offer a non-reflective glass option ourselves at some point as well.
Widebody glass dimensions 603mm x 1092mm x 5mm (4-6mm permittable)

This is fantastic news! Not only because of the end result, but because this is indicative of how much Heighway Pinball is listening to feedback from potential customers.

Well done!

#136 9 years ago

Love the modular design, cant wait to see the final alien table, great work!

#137 9 years ago

I played Full Throttle in January at the London EAG coin op trade show and thought it was great fun, really smooth and fast flowing ramps and overall more enjoyable than all the other pins at the trade show. Better than WOZ (easy, even XFiles and Zizzles are more fun than that crapcake), better than Wrestlefailure (obviously) and better than The Hobbit.

Good luck Andy, all of the UK is behind you and wishes you every success.

#138 9 years ago

Subtle and modest

#139 9 years ago

That's why I am in. Went to expo thinking I would buy a Hobbit and played both . Hobbit snooze fest FThrottle on the other hand was a total blast!
Can't wait!!

1 week later
#140 9 years ago

Update on the first 10 please, ready next week?

#141 9 years ago

I'm in the first batch and have gotten a few updates from Andrew. Now we're looking at end of March delivery.

Originally at expo he was saying December... so if this can hold for March I'm good with that, especially in light of the 11th hour cabinet changes (standard glass size and 2nd LCD back glass option).

#142 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'm in the first batch and have gotten a few updates from Andrew. Now we're looking at end of March delivery.
Originally at expo he was saying December... so if this can hold for March I'm good with that, especially in light of the 11th hour cabinet changes (standard glass size and 2nd LCD back glass option).

Just stumbled on this.....knew about the standard glass, but not the optional 2nd LCD back glass !!! This is huge ( hoping it carries over to Alien).....mark

#143 9 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

knew about the standard glass, but not the optional 2nd LCD back glass !!!

From earlier in the thread:

4. The second backbox screen is going into next week's pre production machine. We don't foresee any problems with this. The price is not finalised yet, but the upgrade kit should cost no more than $300-350. We may well offer substantial discounts on these upgrade packages to existing customers

I should clarify it's not an lcd "back glass", but the 2nd screen (10" I think) fits in the back box with the back glass.

#144 9 years ago

Kind of figured it was a second screen....still....very anxious to see this!!!

#145 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Still thinking April, possibly May now..

#146 9 years ago
Quoted from Marv:

Still thinking April, possibly May now..

But Alien is Due in April!

#147 9 years ago

Well, whenever its shows up, I've promised a pinside unboxing thread.

#148 9 years ago

I would love a summer time Aliens LE arrival. Heighway isn't a JPOP or SkitB, Spooky operation in terms of man power and facility so perhaps once everything is moving it could be a two game a year or more operation.

#149 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Well, whenever its shows up, I've promised a pinside unboxing thread.

With Tons of Video!!
I'm very interested in a Full Throttle!

#150 9 years ago

Andrew posted a photo of assembled pop bumpers.

B__haUZXIAArQAk.jpgB__haUZXIAArQAk.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
9,999 (OBO)
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
There are 781 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heighway-pinball-official-pinside-thread/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.