image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
There are 781 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 16.
#51 9 years ago

Looks really good. I like the clear plastic apron, matches the ramps and ties the whole thing together. Are there lights in it? Seems like a natural as someone else pointed out.

#52 9 years ago

The apron was initially intended to be opaque/translucent with lighting from below - but by being transparent, it makes lighting much more difficult

#53 9 years ago

I noticed in the Pinball News article that the flippers have flipper sized cutouts thru the playfield beneath them. Is that still the plan? I see how this might make removing the entire flipper mechanism easier, but might that cause the ball to catch in the slots (or cause playfield wear) when passing beneath the flippers during gameplay?

#54 9 years ago

I can't say that I am a fan of the LE cabinet / trim options. I would suggest offering a black cabinet (like the standard model) with black trim for example as an LE option.

#55 9 years ago

"Full Throttle" is now in the Pinside Archives. It can be added to your Pinside collection or wishlist.

Big Thanks to Robin for adding it!

Marcus

#56 9 years ago

Nice picture and video!

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

This is this week's YouTube video update, where we talk about the origins of Full Throttle
» YouTube video

Holy smokes, the tiny bit of game play shown in that video shows a screaming fast ball.

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Holy smokes, the tiny bit of game play shown in that video shows a screaming fast ball.

makeit.php.pngmakeit.php.png

Waaaa-waaa... couldn't resist.

#59 9 years ago

Have you got rid of the green model bike now, as it was out of place?

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from Marv:

Have you got rid of the green model bike now, as it was out of place?

Yes, it will be red by production

#61 9 years ago

This cabinet is still a prototype cabinet - we have a final version on the way

Last year at the UKPP I noticed the position of the flipper button was not that 'comfortable' and suggested to reposition the flipper button to the position it is on on some of the other cabinets. Hope you remembered to do so Game looks great. Like to suggested improvement of the backglass / speaker panel. However, you'll still have a like 3 inch black trim around it. Are there any ideas to make these look less dominant?

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from HeyYouSir:

I noticed in the Pinball News article that the flippers have flipper sized cutouts thru the playfield beneath them. Is that still the plan? I see how this might make removing the entire flipper mechanism easier, but might that cause the ball to catch in the slots (or cause playfield wear) when passing beneath the flippers during gameplay?

Thoughts on this?

#63 9 years ago

Game looks awesome! Can't wait to see at expo! I can't wait to see that LCD full integrates and full of code graphics etc. Awesome guys! One comment is the backbox. I think it could look a bit cooler but doesn't need much. I will play this at expo and if i like, you have a new buyer. Keep up the good work!

#64 9 years ago

Imagine that!!!!!!!

Out of the box!!!!

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from HeyYouSir:

Thoughts on this?

To give you feedback from our testing, there are never any holdups here, and we are not expecting any wear here either.

Quoted from unigroove:

Last year at the UKPP I noticed the position of the flipper button was not that 'comfortable' and suggested to reposition the flipper button to the position it is on on some of the other cabinets. Hope you remembered to do so

This has been addressed in our cabinet design

#66 9 years ago

Hi everyone,

Here is this week's YouTube video update, where we go into detail about Full Throttle's arch villain - Francisco Valentino

#67 9 years ago

Thanks for another fun video Andrew! Small glimpses of the detail of your game are most welcome!!
Can't wait to wipe that smug look off Francisco's face when I race him

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from HeyYouSir:

I played the game extensively earlier this week, the ball is going to pass over this area maybe 1% of the time when flippers are up, in my opinion the ball will never hang up in this area - even if there was a chance of it, it will be going fast!! You don't even notice the slots are there. As for wear, I highly doubt that too.

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from mufcmufc:

I played the game extensively earlier this week, the ball is going to pass over this area maybe 1% of the time when flippers are up, in my opinion the ball will never hang up in this area - even if there was a chance of it, it will be going fast!! You don't even notice the slots are there. As for wear, I highly doubt that too.

That's good to hear (I wasn't too afraid of this though, but some others were). Could you tell us something about the gameplay? How you liked (or not) flow, rules, audio, etc?

1 week later
#70 9 years ago

Here's our latest YouTube video...

4 weeks later
#71 9 years ago

This is sweet!! If I get two will I be able to link them as I can do with my two NBAFB? Double the fun, double the pleasure..... Linking software is a great marketing tool by the inherent need for a single buyer to require two machines, not just one. Double the pleasure for everyone.....no brainer...Thanks again!!

#72 9 years ago

freakin-sweet.giffreakin-sweet.gif

#73 9 years ago

Hi everyone.

Here is our latest YouTube video, where we talk about the Skill Shot feature on Full Throttle...

#74 9 years ago

Nice to have a 2-stage-skillshot. (Revving and shot after that).

#75 9 years ago

Looks Good

Lest have a look on the other features which will come

BR from Austria

2 weeks later
#76 9 years ago

When are these shipping for the U.S. ? Thanks

#77 9 years ago

Subscribed!

#78 9 years ago

Hey Andrew,
Have you guys given any thought as to a bundle discount if a buyer takes Full Throttle and pre-pays for Alien, and/or buys Alien and the Full Throttle playfield at the same time?

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Hey Andrew,
Have you guys given any thought as to a bundle discount if a buyer takes Full Throttle and pre-pays for Alien, and/or buys Alien and the Full Throttle playfield at the same time?

HA!

I was going to ask the exact same question!!

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Hey Andrew,

Brilliant!

#81 9 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Hey Andrew,

That would be awesome! FT & Alien playfield is what I would buy.

#82 9 years ago

We will need a new abbreviation for Full Throttle other than FT. That always comes up Fish Tales.

FTH?

#83 9 years ago

I vote FTH. That works

2 weeks later
#84 9 years ago

What is the latest estimate on when FTH will be shipping in the U.S?

#85 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

What is the latest estimate on when FTH will be shipping in the U.S?

Currently we are building games 3-4.

We are hoping to have game 5, the Pre-Production version, built before the New Year.

All going according to plan, we are aiming to build the first 20 games in the last 2 weeks of January,and begin shipping after that

#86 9 years ago

This game looks so cool! Keep up the great innovation guys!

2 weeks later
#87 9 years ago

A big day for us today - our first game, Full Throttle, spent a full day of pre-compliance electrical emission testing, and passed with flying colours!

Compliance Testing 261114.jpgCompliance Testing 261114.jpg
#88 9 years ago

Excellent!

#89 9 years ago

Compliance testing takes place in a futuristic prison over there? You guys sure are different.

#90 9 years ago

A big day for us today - our first game, Full Throttle, spent a full day of pre-compliance electrical emission testing, and passed with flying colours!

Compliance Testing 261114.jpg 67 KB

Congrats!!!. .......pretty sure I wouldn't past pre-compliance, as I'm not sure I'd last long at all in that chamber...

#91 9 years ago

Where on http://heighwaypinball.com/ does it mention kits being sold where you can purchase one cabinet but swap out playfields/side art/translite?

I assume there are limitations to this as if one was to buy an Aliens LE with Bright Lime Green Powder Coated Metal Trim and put in Full Throttle "kit" it wouldn't come with new metal trim?

thanks / congrats!

#92 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Where on http://heighwaypinball.com/ does it mention kits being sold where you can purchase one cabinet but swap out playfields/side art/translite?
I assume there are limitations to this as if one was to buy an Aliens LE with Bright Lime Green Powder Coated Metal Trim and put in Full Throttle "kit" it wouldn't come with new metal trim?
thanks / congrats!

Obviously the kits are only for the PF, not the metal trim/hardware.

If you want to put a Full Throttle in a Alien LE with green powder coat, I think you can do it. It would just look weird.

#93 9 years ago

I believe the LEs are more for hardcore owners that want an Alien pin forever. You can swap it, but you'll be dealing with cosmetic issues as you mentioned.

#94 9 years ago

Do you guys think they could hit a snag where Fox doesn't want Aliens in the "Heighway Pinball Gamechange System (HPGS)" cabinet?

#95 9 years ago

Congratulation's Andrew. That looks like Clockwork orange style testing going. Looking forward to trying you're pins.

#96 9 years ago

I might have to buy Aliens then the next game standard for swapping. Can't see not needing Aliens LE available at all times.

#97 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Do you guys think they could hit a snag where Fox doesn't want Aliens in the "Heighway Pinball Gamechange System (HPGS)" cabinet?

Doubtful. Unless they stop licensing Alien games for xbox and playstations because those aren't dedicated.

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Our licensor knows and understands our system.

An upgrade kit, for example, is sold with accompanying artwork. It is then up to the buyer what they do with the product once they own it. It would make no sense for collectors or operators to put a game into a cabinet and not use the matching artwork - but if they want to do this, then it is their choice

#99 9 years ago

Our licensor knows and understands our system.
An upgrade kit, for example, is sold with accompanying artwork. It is then up to the buyer what they do with the product once they own it. It would make no sense for collectors or operators to put a game into a cabinet and not use the matching artwork - but if they want to do this, then it is their choice

Hey Andrew,
If you get hooked up with Starburst here in Toronto, Canada (the only Stern distributor in Canada), is it possible that you might also get them a demo unit ahead of time for some of us to try out, drool over, and fall in love with?

#100 9 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Hey Andrew,
If you get hooked up with Starburst here in Toronto, Canada (the only Stern distributor in Canada), is it possible that you might also get them a demo unit ahead of time for some of us to try out, drool over, and fall in love with?

Yes, this is possible.

We are hoping to conclude our Canadian distribution arrangement within the next 7-10 days

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,799 (OBO)
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

There are 781 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heighway-pinball-official-pinside-thread/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.