image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
There are 781 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 16.
#701 8 years ago

That's exactly how an LE should look.

#702 8 years ago

So are the fiber optic ramp lights 2 strands? One short strand for outer edge that goes around outer and tops of both ramps and one long strand for inner edge that goes around both ramps? 2 lamps control it? Very nice indeed!

#703 8 years ago

OMFG is that thing gorgeous! Been a while since I was scrolling through a Pinside thread and had my breath taken away.

#704 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

That's exactly how an LE should look.

That's a "best of show" machine if there ever was one.

#705 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

That's a "best of show" machine if there ever was one.

That's exactly what I thought....looks like a show car.

#706 8 years ago

I hope the momentum continues!! Well done Andrew and Heighway!!

#707 8 years ago

very very exciting stuff!!!!

#708 8 years ago

how much is the chrome edition?

#709 8 years ago

Wow! That LE looks Retro-Cool!

#710 8 years ago

Wow. That looks really sharp. I am impressed. Would love to play one.

#711 8 years ago

Wow, ok, so that puts pretty much every other LE I've seen to shame. Makes me very excited to see Alien as well.

#712 8 years ago

Fiber, chrome, and large monitor look spectacular!!! More excited than ever to see the Alien LE now!!! Great stuff!!!

#713 8 years ago

Been asking for this from beginning. Will go with whatever game colors they can throw at it!

#714 8 years ago

Looks like I will be getting something for in the livingroom

#715 8 years ago

When can we pick our preference for armor and 27" screen? I would like both my Alien LE.

#716 8 years ago

I will be talking to Andrew at Texas and making my final decisions on what trim and screen. But it looks like black and chrome with big screen for me also.

#717 8 years ago

Getting better and better!

#718 8 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

On Tuesday 16th February 2016, MP (Member of Parliament) for Merthyr Tydfil & Rhymney, Gerald Jones, visited Heighway Pinball's factory in Merthyr Tydfil, South Wales, and officially opened our new mass production line.
Also present for the visit were Gerald's Parliamentary Assistant, Tyrone Powell, and Simon Storer - Head of Communications at bacta
Our latest YouTube video documents this visit
» YouTube video

nicely done. impresssive facility for sure...

#719 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

fantastic pics man. hopefully the finish on these heighway games will stir up some emotion and competitive spirit over at stern...

#720 8 years ago

This looks incredible! Loving that chrome & the fiber optic ramp lighting. Very proud to have a deposit down on Alien LE

Keep up the great work Andrew. You guys clearly have a vision for the future.

#721 8 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

We are currently considering all options re: the backbox LCD, including making the 27" backbox LCD standard on all games

Seems like making the 27" standard is the way to go if that's what people are going to order anyway. Saves having two different translites for each game, along with the production issue of estimating how many of each type to stock.

FT looks really nice all chromed out. I didn't like the look of the wide bezel before but I think it looks great in chrome and adds value cosmetically.

#722 8 years ago

man I want me a ft all chromed out like that. I used to be a big gearhead!

1 month later
#723 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It's still odd to me that there is a place called Merthyr Tydfil and you just didn't randomly type letters on your keyboard .

Just be thankful they didn't setup shop in Llanfair­pwllgwyngyll­gogery­chwyrn­drobwll­llan­tysilio­gogo­goch

1 week later
#724 8 years ago

Pinball news have published a ridiculously detailed review of Full Throttle along with the inner workings of the Heighway design. Certainly deserves a wider audience

http://www.pinballnews.com/games/fullthrottle/index11.html

#725 8 years ago

Fantastic work by Pinball News and especially Highway Pinball. Very, very professional all round.

#726 8 years ago

What a great review. Thnks for sharing.

#727 8 years ago

"The rest of the coin door is pretty standard and will vary slightly depending on the region of use, with one or more coin mech positions available. This is a European door, so it has one coin mech position and no bill acceptor cutout."

Settles that bit of noise, wouldn't you say whysnow?

Splendid review, can't wait to read it again more closely once I've had some sleep. The cabinet seems insanely well thought out, I recognise lots of components inside that should be simple to service for decades... Expecting it will sound as good as it looks and that set of lanes on the left has me dying to play one ASAP. So far I've missed every chance. There's no way one or two won't be at Allentown, right?

#728 8 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Settles that bit of noise, wouldn't you say whysnow?

yeah, andrew has already chimed in before that they had planned for US games to be 2 coin slot with a spot for a DBV. By the time our game got made they had implemented the 2 coin slot door but not one that has a slot for a DBV.

Andrew is now currently working on getting me a new door that I can install and then help me through putting in a DBV (I think already a connector in the cab for one?)

Heighway has AMAZING customer service!

#729 8 years ago
Quoted from drinkduffbeers:

Pinball news have published a ridiculously detailed review of Full Throttle along with the inner workings of the Heighway design. Certainly deserves a wider audience
http://www.pinballnews.com/games/fullthrottle/index11.html

Thanks for sharing.

Too bad they used that ugly chrome version

1 month later
#730 7 years ago

Andrew Heighway, CEO of Heighway Pinball, will be speaking at the 2016 Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown, June 10-12.

#731 7 years ago

Lucky for you guys. Not even a single Full Throttle at SFGE as far as i can tell...

3 weeks later
#732 7 years ago

So WHEN is the next Full Throttle code update coming???????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????

#733 7 years ago

I just want my full throttle , paid for it over 3 months ago.

1 week later
#734 7 years ago

I just got a Full Throttle and set it up. Everything seems to work fine, except the auto-launch is behaving oddly. Upon starting a new game, it doesn't allow the left flipper rev-the-engine skill shot. Rather, it just auto-launches. Occasionally, it works normally. Not sure what's going on. I did a switch check, and everything seems to be behaving normally. I thought maybe the launch button switch was activating abnormally, but this does not seem to be the case. I have software version 1.3. Is this the latest? Other thoughts of next steps? Check out the link below. (I'm not touching the machine after I hit start.)

#735 7 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I just got a Full Throttle and set it up. Everything seems to work fine, except the auto-launch is behaving oddly. Upon starting a new game, it doesn't allow the left flipper rev-the-engine skill shot. Rather, it just auto-launches. Occasionally, it works normally. Not sure what's going on. I did a switch check, and everything seems to be behaving normally. I thought maybe the launch button switch was activating abnormally, but this does not seem to be the case. I have software version 1.3. Is this the latest? Other thoughts of next steps? Check out the link below. (I'm not touching the machine after I hit start.)
» YouTube video

You have a switch somewhere on the pf that is registering when the vibration from the trough puts a ball into the shooter lane.

My guess is the captive ball.

When that ball registers the game thinks the ball is active and fires the autolauncher.

#736 7 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

You have the timed plunger setting to on. Turn it off and it won't auto plunge on start. It's under Adjustments > Full Throttle > Adjustment 1.

#737 7 years ago

It does sound like timed plunger might be on. Not sure why that would be set out of the factory (unless you got the game from someone else?)

You may want to do another factory install setting, or go through all of the adjustments one-by-one, just to make sure there's nothing else lurking.

#738 7 years ago
Quoted from bcd:

It does sound like timed plunger might be on. Not sure why that would be set out of the factory (unless you got the game from someone else?)
You may want to do another factory install setting, or go through all of the adjustments one-by-one, just to make sure there's nothing else lurking.

Not too surprising. First thing I did when I got mine was go through all the settings and make adjustments. The combination of menu settings caused some funny stuff to happen which I documented and sent to [email protected] a couple of months ago. A factory reset fixed the issues for me.

#740 7 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

Not too surprising. First thing I did when I got mine was go through all the settings and make adjustments. The combination of menu settings caused some funny stuff to happen which I documented and sent to [email protected] a couple of months ago. A factory reset fixed the issues for me.

For sure. Also flip u the playfield & check every nut & bolt to make sure they are tight.

#741 7 years ago

1.3 is the latest version.

IMG_20160708_090251111_HDR_(resized).jpgIMG_20160708_090251111_HDR_(resized).jpg

#742 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You have a switch somewhere on the pf that is registering when the vibration from the trough puts a ball into the shooter lane.

That would be my guess as well. The left flipper not allowing the engine rev seems like it would be in auto-launch. Have you emailed Heighway support directly?

#743 7 years ago
Quoted from freezie:

I just want my full throttle , paid for it over 3 months ago.

What's the deal with Full Throttle? How many have shipped and how many are outstanding?

#744 7 years ago

I was told they hope to have a FullT code update in the next couple weeks! Looking forward to it!

#745 7 years ago

That full throttle cabinet looks so good and this fiber optic lighting is so awesome I might just buy this and forget all about Alien:

That's not standard lighting I take it but wow! Awesome.

#746 7 years ago
Quoted from insx:

What's the deal with Full Throttle? How many have shipped and how many are outstanding?

I don't know . But I'm only a few days away from 4 months . Was told a shipment left and will be here in two weeks (3 weeks ago ) patience is key here lol .

#747 7 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

That's not standard lighting I take it but wow! Awesome.

Upgrade or on LE. That's prototype board as well.

#748 7 years ago
Quoted from freezie:

I don't know . But I'm only a few days away from 4 months . Was told a shipment left and will be here in two weeks (3 weeks ago ) patience is key here lol .

Previous to your post, I had sort of assumed that Heighway was up to date with Full Throttle as the first games shipped a year ago. I'd still love to play one.

#749 7 years ago

Almost a year for me since LE deposit and seven months since they asked for 50%. No idea when shipping will happen. Multiple emails and the response is "we'll let you know."

#750 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Upgrade or on LE. That's prototype board as well.

Oh so you can get this upgrade without the LE? If so, awesome!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

9,799 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 781 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heighway-pinball-official-pinside-thread/page/15?hl=hassanchop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.