image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
There are 781 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 16.
#601 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Picture

20151121_123400.jpg

There appears to be more room than I thought for cool artwork on the backbox w the big screen ( hint, hint Aurich)..

#602 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

There appears to be more room than I thought for cool artwork on the backbox w the big screen ( hint, hint Aurich)..

I'll try and keep the spirit of everything alive for both the Standard and the LE.

For the Standard it shouldn't be too hard to compress the more open space feel of it down to the essentials in the given space.

For the LE I'll know about it ahead of time during the design phase, so that will make it better too. I'll start that post playfield approval.

#603 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

The frame around the playfield glass could be used too. Just sayin'.

#604 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

The frame around the playfield glass could be used too. Just sayin'.

I thought about getting my hardware custom airbrushed.

#605 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I thought about getting my hardware custom airbrushed.

Chrome + airbrush = East LA's favorite pin.
lowrider.jpglowrider.jpg

But seriously, it can be done.
40b9b9e088245df3b93bdcf66a988074.jpg40b9b9e088245df3b93bdcf66a988074.jpg

#606 8 years ago

Here is a video of the machine with the big LCD at Free Play Florida. You can see how nice it looks. I should point out that it looks perfect in person; my phone makes it look washed out from time to time in the video. I kept trying to meter the brightness properly and it would revert back slowly.

#607 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Here is a video of the machine with the big LCD at Free Play Florida. You can see how nice it looks. I should point out that it looks perfect in person; my phone makes it look washed out from time to time in the video. I kept trying to meter the brightness properly and it would revert back slowly.
» YouTube video

So nice! Love what these guys are doing.

Now I can't wait to see Alien in action.

#608 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

» YouTube video

I'll second that. I played it several times last weekend. If I was in the market for another game right now this or Alien would be at the top of my list.

#609 8 years ago

Still I go to the website and click on games and get no pictures or video; only a way to purchase. Why would anyone purchase with no content on the website? There is no Full Throttle around me or probably a lot of other people, so the website should show all the kick ass gameplay, but it doesn't. Aurich, do you do web design also? If so give these guys some help.

#610 8 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Still I go to the website and click on games and get no pictures or video; only a way to purchase. Why would anyone purchase with no content on the website? There is no Full Throttle around me or probably a lot of other people, so the website should show all the kick ass gameplay, but it doesn't. Aurich, do you do web design also? If so give these guys some help.

Dude, check Pinside. A lot of videos have been posted. Heighway even has their own YouTube channel.

#611 8 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

And their website http://heighwaypinball.com/news

#612 8 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Aurich, do you do web design also? If so give these guys some help.

I do, my day job is creative director for a web site, but man, I have no time to help with their's, Andrew's gotta handle that with someone local or something.

I agree though, keep it simple, and make it easy to just see the games, that's all anyone cares about 97% of the time they're visiting.

#613 8 years ago

I know. I'm just amazed you go to their website and click on games and all they provide is ways to pay. This reflection is meant to be constructive to Heighway because not all people are here on pinside.

#614 8 years ago

BTW, I still dream about Alien and how I can find the money despite not seeing it.

#615 8 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

I know. I'm just amazed you go to their website and click on games and all they provide is ways to pay. This reflection is meant to be constructive to Heighway because not all people are here on pinside.

True. Andrew told they are working on their website and it should be updated. But they also got some other things going at the moment

#616 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

True. Andrew told they are working on their website and it should be updated. But they also got some other things going at the moment

just send me my Full Throttle

#617 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

just send me my Full Throttle

I can not help you there, I do not own one (yet)

#618 8 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

You are right. We are aware of this situation and will rectify it in the near future - but it may not be for a few weeks or months yet

#619 8 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

You are right. We are aware of this situation and will rectify it in the near future - but it may not be for a few weeks or months yet

keep that assembly line moving! That's job #1. You've got the priorities straight!

#620 8 years ago

What is the up-charge for the big monitor in a standard Full Throttle (non-LE)?

#621 8 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

What is the up-charge for the big monitor in a standard Full Throttle (non-LE)?

$550 for 27 inch, $350 for smaller

#622 8 years ago

go for the big one! Trust me!

#623 8 years ago

Bigger is better!!!

#624 8 years ago

How is Full Throttle production going?

How many are being built per week?

Any idea how many customers have got theirs?

#625 8 years ago

I was informed on Monday that production of my game will begin which is in the second run of 78. It should be ready to ship Dec 16.

So...about 10 business days from start to finish for mine.

#626 8 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

I was informed on Monday that production of my game will begin which is in the second run of 78. It should be ready to ship Dec 16.

I am in the same batch. Not informed yet, but looking good

#627 8 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFrztZU8v9tMsaaTEkmrOBg

#628 8 years ago

Andrew said in another thread that they are working on updating the website. That being said I wouldn't purchase anything NIB without playing it first. I was able to play to my hearts content at Expo and I was sold.

Bowen's tutorial video is the next best thing.

#629 8 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

Same here!

3 weeks later
#630 8 years ago

Any updates on when Full Throttle is going to ship? I'm getting impatient

#631 8 years ago

ETA is mid January

#632 8 years ago

Happy New Year to everyone from Heighway Pinball.

Here's to an epic 2016 pinballing year!

#633 8 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Happy New Year to everyone from Heighway Pinball.
Here's to an epic 2016 pinballing year!

Happy new year and best wishes for 2016.

Looking forward to a good start by receiving my Full Throttle end of this month

#634 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Happy new year and best wishes for 2016.
Looking forward to a good start by receiving my Full Throttle end of this month

+1 hopefully?

#635 8 years ago

Hope you guys have a great 2016, Andrew! Excited to see (and receive ) the Alien LE this spring

#636 8 years ago

Thanks Andrew, really looking forward to playing an Aliens pin and can't wait to add Aliens LE to the collection this year.

1 week later
#637 8 years ago

I wonder how far game 3 is developed so far.

Really hope they can surprise us, when Alien sells start to decline they can instantly announce pin 3, almost ready for shipping.

That way, they can have 3 pins on their lines this year. And when they first announced their company, that was their goal.

Would be awesome.

#638 8 years ago

Games 3 and 4 both licenced are in white wood stage ATM.

#639 8 years ago

Some information from my chat with Andrew that people might be interested in. Cross posted from Alien thread.

- Full launch of the machine (playable) is hoped for and expected at the Texas Pinball festival in March.

- Per Aurich & Andrew's missives on Pinside, they're still open to ideas about differentiating factors for the LE, and there may well be a choice of colour for rails / legs / trim etc. Receptive to requests and feedback.

- Their fibre optic lighting is still being experimented with (hence delays on Full Throttle LE). He didn't say so, but I expect LEs won't be among the first to be built for this reason and later asset approvals.

- Didn't really talk too much about details re: Alien, as so much is still subject to approval by the studio. Alien and Aliens are his favourite films, though, and a "dream" franchise for him. Could have had Alien 3 rights too, but didn't want to convolute theme too much, and he doesn't personally like it - even prefers Resurrection. Therefore stuck with Alien and Aliens.

- Bram Stoker's Dracula was originally meant to be Alien.

- Andrew's background in the industry was pinball (and amusements I think) in Ireland (first the Republic, then Northern Ireland) from the 90s onwards. Then more recently in England he's organised the UK Pinball Party show which will enter its 6th year this year.

- Had looked into establishing the company 9 years ago, but time wasn't right.

- The company is privately financed, by him and other private investors. No bank or venture capital backing.

- Has no association with Wales or South Wales. Was simply the right place to establish the facility given cheapness of factory and warehousing space, large catchment area for labour (Cardiff & Bristol close by) and good transport links.

- Facility is 42,000ft2 (~4000m2). Same size as JJP's factory.

- Capacity is (perhaps significantly) in excess of 3500 machines per annum (order book and staff depending), and they will be taking on more assembly line staff. Didn't ask whether they had the option of taking on or building more space at their existing location.

- Machines only take 6-8 hours to fully assemble, compared to what he said was an industry average of 12-14 hours.

- Work on Full Throttle is finished (presumably except for code). Still very actively working on Alien. Hope to ship before middle of year.

- Should have 4 games in full production by the end of the year. Chance of 5 unless I misunderstood.

- Barry Oursler (who didn't work on Full Throttle or Alien) has finished his design work on games 3 & 4 already, and wants to move on to game 5 now. He apparently works incredibly quickly according to Andrew - going from start to finish in 3-4 months.

- Games 3 & 4 are both licensed (didn't ask about 5). Intimated that at least one is a movie IP.

- Intention is to put out 3 titles a year, to take advantage of the swappable mechanic of their cabinet. Vast majority of underlying components are modular, so design to production should be pretty swift. Could have as many as 8 titles out by end of 2017.

- Seems pretty bullish generally about their prospects, Alien, and thinks Barry Oursler is great & considers him a legend**

Pleasant guy to talk to. Would have asked far more, but I'd caught him in the lunch hour lull, so didn't want to take up more of his time once that was ending. Will add other bits if I remember them. Look forward to having a look round the factory at some point as it's only a 90 minute drive from me.

Regarding Alien and my opinion, as others have said one can't say too much about the playfield art without it being populated and lit. It has potential, definitely. Honestly I am hoping for a few more flourishes and something a little more special on the LE.

**That will probably divide opinion here. Personally I love Popeye, though, so I'm stoked at least! Possibly finishing the design of a 3rd game for them before the first goes into production does seem quite ... prolific, though?

#640 8 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

- Barry Oursler (who didn't work on Full Throttle or Alien) has finished his design work on games 3 & 4 already, and wants to move on to game 5 now. He apparently works incredibly quickly according to Andrew - going from start to finish in 3-4 months.

Quoted from rubberducks:

- Seems pretty bullish generally about their prospects, Alien, and thinks Barry Oursler is great & considers him a legend

Barry Oursler is the man. Very excited to see his upcoming work. 2016 is going to be a big year for Heighway!

#641 8 years ago

Quite understandably, everyone expects new companies to go slow. I hope once Alien comes out and after a reasonable production run, they do indeed move along quickly onto the next design and announce it and then produce it within a month.

#643 8 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Should have 4 games in full production by the end of the year. Chance of 5 unless I misunderstood.

What?! Oh my wallet hurts.

#644 8 years ago

Barry Oursler as an addition is awesome

I love a lot of his games

#645 8 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Barry Oursler as an addition is awesome
I love a lot of his games

What are some his best games?

#646 8 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

What are some his best games?

Dracula, Dirty Harry, Dr.Who, Space Station many more

https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/barry-oursler

#647 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Dracula, Dirty Harry, Dr.Who, Space Station many more
https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/barry-oursler

and Popeye!

1 week later
#648 8 years ago

Gentle nudge to Heighway
I expected to receive my FT months before this one

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#649 8 years ago
Quoted from drinkduffbeers:

I expected to receive my FT months before this one

they are shipping soon I have been told...but that is remarkable...now if it was a Hobbit...

#650 8 years ago

Here are some shots of the Full Throttle LE plaques...

IMG_8731_(resized).JPGIMG_8731_(resized).JPG

IMG_8732_(resized).JPGIMG_8732_(resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

9,799 (OBO)
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 781 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heighway-pinball-official-pinside-thread/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.