Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 202 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Wickerman2
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What would you buy next?”

• Blade Runner 21 votes
      15%
    • Queen 14 votes
      10%
    • Dr Who 16 votes
      12%
    • Harry Potter 27 votes
      19%
    • Sherlock Holmes 12 votes
      9%
    • James Bond 11 votes
      8%
    • Predator 18 votes
      13%
    • Judas Priest 7 votes
      5%
    • South Park 13 votes
      9%

(Multiple choice - 139 votes by 104 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

556449 (resized).jpg
    untitled (resized).png
    untitled (resized).png
    zeQueen (resized).jpg
    enhanced-buzz-15073-1414421278-21 (resized).jpg
    114aab2886f52fc6396bc27a5364d84f (resized).jpg
    maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    scary-motorhead_00325071 (resized).jpg
    big-book-of-british-smiles (resized).jpg
    369144-5879a0b8-7809-11e3-b96a-661045eee009 (resized).jpg
    4414581_CorrieJack-large_trans++SdOJv3i2FL1h12GF5GwhXW-k8Txu6DgGyy9b7NG-YZQ (resized).jpg
    019-brazil-theredlist (resized).png
    image (resized).jpeg
    397507-7eced10e-cf32-11e3-ae84-eacdfc097015 (resized).jpg
    guardians-of-the-galaxy-wallpaper-giga (resized).jpg
    commando_022 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wickerman2.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 7 years ago

That would be cool but it sounds like there are too many unknowns about the movie itself at this point for that to be game #3.

I'm coming out of left field and saying Harry Potter, to carry pinball to the next generation of youngsters

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from Zampinator:

Again, from what I've read, Andrew is a big Harry Potter fan & knows J.K Rowling personally. This rumor makes a ton of sense.

I might have started that rumor

#13 7 years ago

Macgyver could be like Junkyard where you collect parts...chewing gum, paper clip, lighter fluid=neutron bomb

1 week later
    #59 7 years ago

I think they have at least 2 licensed themes...this would have to be something relevant to now or the near future (or near past I guess). Queen, Spinal Tap...unless there is something "happening" with those I doubt they would put out a pinball machine. I suppose if there is a new album collection for any of these blasts from the past it's possible but doesn't seem likely.

2 weeks later
    #75 7 years ago
    Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

the real answer will surprise all of you!

shite, it's Upstairs, Downstairs

#89 7 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

A company cannot produce a third game unless a second game is manufactured and sells exceptionally.
    Highway is having difficulties.
    Speculation has its own share of problems.

every thread, the same total horseshit......

Quoted from karl:

What is your source of information on the "Heighway having difficulties" statement?

Don't bother asking...100% fabricated but attempts to write in verbose fashion to lend said horseshit some air of legitimacy. Does it all over pinside.

#102 7 years ago

I think an ignore button in-service is in order. I'm going to try it out...let's see, click username, check....look in blue box for "ignore xxxxxxx", check. You are now ignoring the guy that's, no offense, full of shit. Done.

#106 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

funniest part to me is that from the sounds of it FullT has actually picked up steam with sales as more people play it, like it, and go buy it.

this seems like the case. I hear much more about it now...I think once Alien is out and people get that they may grab the kit for Full Throttle since you'll basically get a "Premium" grade wide body for the price of a low end "Pro" to put it in Stern terms.

#110 7 years ago
    Quoted from shovelhed:

Sherlock holmes would be bad ass. Solve mulitiple mysteries, theme and ideas could be endless.

that would be cool...like who dunnit...lots of possibilities

#121 7 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

the written works

as long as they work in the Cocaine use somehow...a frantic Coke Multiball?

#151 7 years ago
    Quoted from karl:

About nr 3: Not the one that I would be most excited about, but my guess for nr. 3 is Dr Who. Who made the first Dr Who and is also designing nr 3 for Heighway? Makes perfect sense

As long as it doesn't have that %#!$'ing MPF...I hate working on that thing. New Dr WHO would be cool.

I'm actually rooting for Harry Potter...my kids would go nuts if I had a HP kit to drop in our game. They actually asked (unprovoked) if there was a HP pinball machine and started listing off all the cool things you could have in it...got me on board.

1 week later
    #168 7 years ago

H. Potter takes the lead in early voting...this is the power of the anonymous poll. People claim they wouldn't want a Potter but secretly they do when they get in the voting booth.

#174 7 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Harry Potter is winning the pole. What the hell is going on out there? With Blade Runner, Predator and James Bond Harry is is the current top pic.

HP would be a smash hit. It would bring in all age groups that have a passing interest in pinball. They can make Blade Runner later...awesome movie but nowhere near as prevalent in pop culture as HP.

#178 7 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

its not bringing in any new young pinheads

? How...why...what?

Kids still read HP like crazy! They watch the movies over and over and over. The Universal Studios HP just opened...completely current, pulling in new readers/fans every year. I'm missing the basis for your disagreement completely. I have 2 real live children and their friends as my anecdotal evidence.

#182 7 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

I just don't see young people of today going out to play pinball

me either but parents will buy them in hopes of roping the family in to their hobby...and like I said earlier, my kids randomly suggested HP would be a fun pinball machine.

And the ones that do make it to location would grab more business...kids/parents in general know HP and would play it at the local pizza place a lot more than a (albeit cool) dark Blade Runner...

#187 7 years ago
    Quoted from ahdelarge:

This would be a big seller.

that's my point. I want Heighway to be a success. It could be a really fun game too...but would be huge seller.

If this was what are your "dream" themes for game #3 that would be a different story.

1 week later
    #194 7 years ago
    Quoted from jonesjb:

HP Lovecraft would be an amazing theme.

Would be really cool, but realistically only a homebrew would make this. What % of the population knows who Lovecraft is or what the characters are from? I think a Black Company game would be awesome but how many Glen Cook pinball player fans are there?

2 months later
    #202 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Any estimates on when the announcement is?

Since Alien hasn't even started to ship--and had several delays--I would expect the next announcement to be quite a ways off.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wickerman2.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heighway-pinball-game-3?tu=wickerman2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.