Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 202 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Wickerman2
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What would you buy next?”

• Blade Runner 21 votes
      15%
    • Queen 14 votes
      10%
    • Dr Who 16 votes
      12%
    • Harry Potter 27 votes
      19%
    • Sherlock Holmes 12 votes
      9%
    • James Bond 11 votes
      8%
    • Predator 18 votes
      13%
    • Judas Priest 7 votes
      5%
    • South Park 13 votes
      9%

(Multiple choice - 139 votes by 104 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

556449 (resized).jpg
    untitled (resized).png
    untitled (resized).png
    zeQueen (resized).jpg
    enhanced-buzz-15073-1414421278-21 (resized).jpg
    114aab2886f52fc6396bc27a5364d84f (resized).jpg
    maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    scary-motorhead_00325071 (resized).jpg
    big-book-of-british-smiles (resized).jpg
    369144-5879a0b8-7809-11e3-b96a-661045eee009 (resized).jpg
    4414581_CorrieJack-large_trans++SdOJv3i2FL1h12GF5GwhXW-k8Txu6DgGyy9b7NG-YZQ (resized).jpg
    019-brazil-theredlist (resized).png
    image (resized).jpeg
    397507-7eced10e-cf32-11e3-ae84-eacdfc097015 (resized).jpg
    guardians-of-the-galaxy-wallpaper-giga (resized).jpg
    commando_022 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballrulez.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 7 years ago

One thing is for sure. They have 3 other pins in development. Two of them are licensed, the third one could be licensed or unlicensed.

I do not know any of the themes. Blade runner could be cool, but not sure if 2 science fiction themes in a row is a good idea. Although.....Dr. Who..... yes please! Queen would be killer Maybe Spongebob Squarepants, great theme for operators.

#43 7 years ago
    Quoted from Zampinator:

Predator: Owned by FOX. They just did Alien/Aliens, owned by FOX. They have a working relationship & a comfort level with each other. We know the pinball community would love a Predator pinball. Is it too early after the Skit-B debacle? Maybe. Again, my vision of this title in a Heighway wide body with their technology, it would be sick!

I believe that I have read somewhere that back in the days Heighway was approached to finish that project. It didn't happen, but I cannot recall the reasons anymore.

2 weeks later
    #64 7 years ago
    Quoted from schwarz:

Has Heighway given any hints as to when they'll announce the future titles they have in the works?

Hopefully when there are ready for shipment

#80 7 years ago

- Licensed - check
    - British theme - check
    - Great theme for a pin - check
    - Worldwide known theme - check
    - Lot of potential customers - check

Yes, this could be it

#97 7 years ago
    Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

For those pinball enthusiasts that believe I am advertly negative, Alien fanboys, or are not involved or have contacts in the industry, I will provide one simple direct final level of assistance regarding this subject.
    1) The Aliens license remains in final negotiations from Fox Interactive. (From the standpoint of final production, not concept approval or the trademark license). I should have been more clear from than explanation beyond the initial legal agreement.
    2) Heighway underestimated their budget requirements for this title.
    3) Full throttle as a title sold initially mediocreally and has not improved. Being that it is no longer a "hot" title, does not allow this to be a rejuvenating factor for increased company profit.
    4) Market price testing is causing offsets regarding of machine construction regardless of manufacturer wilingess to maintain certain price levels. This is independent of Stern's home model marketing pattern. It is negatively influencing boutique manufacturers to build machines such as materials.
    If you do not understand or believe me, ask Andrew yourself. If he is truthful and wants to talk to you, he will give you honesty.
    Creating a pinball machine is an incredibly complicated and expensive process.
    These are indications of an unhealthy organization, and something I would not invest my money.
    I am not trying to undercut Heighway, but there needs to be incredible sales of Alien. All boutique pinball manufacturers even in the best of times can be tenuous in the fickle home market of today. JJP learned this lesson. Hopefully, others are better prepared.
    I am entitled to present my informed opinion, but this is a forum full of trolls and the reason why most knowledgeable people left.
    Arguments and fights are constant.
    People will always say "prove it" endlessly, regardless what you tell them.
    Mostly out of boredom, I would suppose. I am tired again of trying to explain things to people.
    In this respect many are right, it is always the same thing here.
    I would be extremely careful to speculate on future titles of machines from boutique pinball companies in this period of the market. This is exactly how people lose money. Not everything is a harvest of bounty.
    Learn the lessons of the past regarding the coin operated world. If you want to understand or know more PM.

Thanks Obi Wan.

Think we are all adults here, no need to educate people in a prediction thread.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballrulez.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heighway-pinball-game-3?tu=pinballrulez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.