5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 292 posts
  • 103 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by mrofnoc
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 13 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

239.jpeg
    244.jpeg
    IMG_3717.JPG
    image-633.jpg
    image-407.jpg
    image-818.jpg
    tom-1-flippers.jpg
    tom-1.jpg
    VA.jpg
    Screen shot 2014-10-17 at 9.19.01 PM.png
    image-928.jpg
    image.jpg
    The-Goodies-005.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frolic.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 5 years ago

Looking forward to getting my Full Throttle so I can swap playfields with this new game.

#39 5 years ago
    Quoted from Blackjacker:

I understand (I think) your sentiment, but taken literally this is pretty funny, or indicative as to why so many manufacturers likely view the pinball crowd as a gold mine to be scoured clean.

This is actually why I admire Heighway's business plan. Create a platform and let the owners consume playfields like potato chips. A big reason I'm in is I like the business model and think it will be a success.

I always saw buying Full Throttle as my starting point knowing I could pick up the later games for far reduced price.

#45 5 years ago
    Quoted from Plungemaster:

Harry potter, james bond.

It's got to be one of these 2.

#53 5 years ago

Dennis has been public about wanting to do another Elvira, but there is no way that is a "Major A-List license".

That would be playing to the very established older pinball demographic, which doesn't seem to be the direction Andrew wants to take his company (new pinball played on location).

#60 5 years ago

"bigger" probably is a tip that will become clear tomorrow.

Could be Godzilla? Could be Elvira's boobs?

I hope its the Harry Potter or Bond though... those seem like the biggest money generators for route operators.

#67 5 years ago

It's funny to me that we keep getting "we want original themes" on pinside, but the reality is if even just the idea of a license is thrown out there, it gets far more responses than anything else.

#198 5 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

pretty sure Full Throttle was changed to wide body

THe Heighway cabinet is a widebody, and will fit both standard and widebody games.

Full Throttle was changed to widebody this past year.

#201 5 years ago
    Quoted from Toads:

So who on the Predator list is thinking of pulling the trigger on this one?

This will likely totally outclass Predator. color lcd, fully interactive toys, designed by a master. And for only $1k more.

#238 5 years ago

Yes. but more importantly, their cabinet is a widebody but will also hold a standard body playfield, depending on the game title.

#259 5 years ago

Thanks Jared & Andrew, great interview.

#268 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

Coming soon. Expected $3500-$3700

As Heighway produces more titles this is going to be a huge selling point. Addresses the 2 biggest problems in pinball, space and money.

I'm already envisioning a time having multiple Heighway playfields stacked in a back room and rotating them for my pinball league for each visit.

#277 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chambahz:

I was thinking last night, it would be cool if something small could be added on the inside of the legs perhaps so that you could store a playfield or two under the cab, possibly hanging on the inside of the legs?
    Like a mini shelf?
    What do you guys think?

Because the legs stretch out, the distance at the floor is wider that the playfield, I wonder if you could slide a spare playfield along the floor under the machine. Just as I do my pin lift.

#282 5 years ago
    Quoted from mwong168:

Have you never lifted the playfield on any of your games before? I don't think sliding it would be advisable unless it had some sort of roll cage to protect and prevent you putting all that weight on coil brackets, bulb sockets, switches and other mechanisms.

I'm assuming the heighway system is more like p2000 than stern and can be placed on the ground.

#284 5 years ago

They haven't demoed that part as far as I know, but you are talking about ops dragging playfields to their locations and swapping them, there has to be mechanisms for safety.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 134.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    £ 99.00
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 229.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 103.00
    $ 219.99
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 44.99
    Electronics
    PinballElectronics.com
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 400.00
    Playfields
    Maple Street Sign Shop
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 224.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 18.99
    Playfield - Protection
    PinShield
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frolic.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside