Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 292 posts
  • 103 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by mrofnoc
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

239.jpeg
    244.jpeg
    IMG_3717.JPG
    image-633.jpg
    image-407.jpg
    image-818.jpg
    tom-1-flippers.jpg
    tom-1.jpg
    VA.jpg
    Screen shot 2014-10-17 at 9.19.01 PM.png
    image-928.jpg
    image.jpg
    The-Goodies-005.jpg
    There are 292 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
    #251 9 years ago
    Quoted from MrDo:

VOLTRON!!!!

Yup, he has that one and a USB drive Voltron. Been looking for an original toy set but they're impossible to find. Plus I think he has enough toys for now. This is the other display wall in the theater:

(In case you can't tell, his two dream pin themes are Alien and Sucker Punch. So, not that I'm worried about it, but nobody make a Sucker Punch pin now, at least for a few years.)

image-407.jpgimage-407.jpg

Updated Alien side:

image-633.jpgimage-633.jpg
    #252 9 years ago

The Alien wall art is pretty cool.

#253 9 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

Yup, he has that one and a USB drive Voltron. Been looking for an original toy set but they're impossible to find. Plus I think he has enough toys for now. This is the other display wall in the theater:
    (In case you can't tell, his two dream pin themes are Alien and Sucker Punch. So, not that I'm worried about it, but nobody make a Sucker Punch pin now, at least for a few years.)

Updated Alien side:

image-407.jpg 194 KB

image-633.jpg 183 KB

which Voltron? the train-cars or the 5 lions?

#254 9 years ago

So what is the game?

#256 9 years ago
    Quoted from kirkgun:

A credit card is a convenience for the customer that uses it, not for anyone else. That customer should be paying for that convenience, not the business, or other customers.

There is often some benefit for the business too...greater sales
    http://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/tips/credit-cards-make-you-spend-more/

#257 9 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

Read the Heighway page...one thing he is doing that is completely illegal (in Canada at least) is to charge fees for using credit cards. He's not suppose to do that.

I thought that too ...

http://www.fcac-acfc.gc.ca/eng/resources/faqs/answers/Pages/AE347.aspx

#258 9 years ago

Note to self. Start saving Twice as much $ for pins next year! Alien setting next to TBL is going to be epic!

#259 9 years ago

Thanks Jared & Andrew, great interview.

#260 9 years ago

Just covered an epic range of topics in my latest exclusive interview.

Video is up to view.

#261 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

Just covered an epic range of topics in my latest exclusive interview.
    Video is up to view.

Link for us?

#264 9 years ago

OK thank you Jared, So it seems the main attraction "The Portal" will be a scoop with an LCD (guess), the other 2 sides of the triangle are 3d alien bash toys. The coolest thing is that if you own the Full Throttle motorcycle pin you can just buy the Alien kit to replace the pf and art. Also Andrew the owner came across as a real nice guy who didn't duck Jared's questions, so yes fiber optics ramp, and he hinted at UV paint.

#265 9 years ago

Is there a price yet for just the kit, if you already have full throttle and want to buy the aliens kit.

#266 9 years ago
    Quoted from Nightstick:

Is there a price yet for just the kit, if you already have full throttle and want to buy the aliens kit.

Coming soon. Expected $3500-$3700

#267 9 years ago
    Quoted from Nightstick:

More than half the cost of a new pin, according to the website.

#268 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

Coming soon. Expected $3500-$3700

As Heighway produces more titles this is going to be a huge selling point. Addresses the 2 biggest problems in pinball, space and money.

I'm already envisioning a time having multiple Heighway playfields stacked in a back room and rotating them for my pinball league for each visit.

#269 9 years ago
    Quoted from kirkgun:

From the complaints about cash discounts, and charging fees for using credit cards...
    Sounds like you folks have never owned a business.
    Do you think it's fair that the business should get paid less from one customer than another customer for the exact same product or service? That's what happens when credit cards are used instead of cash, check, or other payment. The only way to compensate for that is to raise prices on them all. That's not fair, or just.
    Do you complain about the pay pal service fees? It's the same deal.
    And for folks that can pay with other methods (cash), do you think they should have to pay extra, to subsidize the credit card fees the business is unjustly forced to pay?
    A credit card is a convenience for the customer that uses it, not for anyone else. That customer should be paying for that convenience, not the business, or other customers.
    There is only one reason you aren't allowed to charge credit card fees in the US. The credit card issuers (and processors) stick lots of money in the pockets of the politicians. It's not injustice to charge for credit card fees. It's a corruption of our government that prohibits card processing fees being charged directly to the people who actually use that service. The question is do you support government corruption, and ripping off some for the benefit of others?

Offer a cash discount. Problem solved.

Chris

#270 9 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

I'm already envisioning a time having multiple Heighway playfields stacked in a back room and rotating them

I have space issues and plan on getting an even smaller place soon, so really looking at Heighway rite now. Lucky for me I like Sportbikes, Aliens and Widebody pins. And to finally own a Nordman designed pin would be awesome too.

#271 9 years ago

Alien is on Encore today.

(must keep an eye out for great game quotes)

#272 9 years ago

alien... this remind me something, but i didnt remember what

#273 9 years ago

Does anyone know if they have a US distributor yet? Does not appear so when looking at their web site.

#274 9 years ago

Does anyone know if settings and high scores will be retained during PF swaps, or will it all get reset every time.

#275 9 years ago
    Quoted from mrofnoc:

Does anyone know if settings and high scores will be retained during PF swaps, or will it all get reset every time.

I haven't heard specifically, so I don't know.

But the games can be connected to the internet (tournaments, global high scores, etc). So if it hasn't been planned already, adding single machine high scores, and storing them on a web server, would be a very simple tweak. I'm sure it could be implemented at the owner's request, if it isn't there already.

Or it's very possible that the game has the allocated storage, and capability, to keep all its high scores in itself, and can retain them during playfield swaps (probably very likely).

#276 9 years ago

I was thinking last night, it would be cool if something small could be added on the inside of the legs perhaps so that you could store a playfield or two under the cab, possibly hanging on the inside of the legs?
    Like a mini shelf?

What do you guys think?

#277 9 years ago
    Quoted from Chambahz:

I was thinking last night, it would be cool if something small could be added on the inside of the legs perhaps so that you could store a playfield or two under the cab, possibly hanging on the inside of the legs?
    Like a mini shelf?
    What do you guys think?

Because the legs stretch out, the distance at the floor is wider that the playfield, I wonder if you could slide a spare playfield along the floor under the machine. Just as I do my pin lift.

#278 9 years ago
    Quoted from kirkgun:

I haven't heard specifically, so I don't know.

I emailed them my question and will post answer as soon as I hear back.

#279 9 years ago
    Quoted from Chambahz:

Like a mini shelf?
    What do you guys think?

It's going to hang on the wall like fine art! It would look cool lit up w power run to it.

#280 9 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

I wonder if you could slide a spare playfield along the floor under the machine. Just as I do my pin lift.

Have you never lifted the playfield on any of your games before? I don't think sliding it would be advisable unless it had some sort of roll cage to protect and prevent you putting all that weight on coil brackets, bulb sockets, switches and other mechanisms.

#281 9 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Does anyone know if they have a US distributor yet? Does not appear so when looking at their web site.

Yeah, with Full Throttle shipping soon, you'd think that they would have a US distributor in place by now?

#282 9 years ago
    Quoted from mwong168:

Have you never lifted the playfield on any of your games before? I don't think sliding it would be advisable unless it had some sort of roll cage to protect and prevent you putting all that weight on coil brackets, bulb sockets, switches and other mechanisms.

I'm assuming the heighway system is more like p2000 than stern and can be placed on the ground.

#283 9 years ago
    Quoted from mwong168:

The only playfield I'd be comfortable sitting flat on the floor, and I have, is my RFM. It has the full rails which makes it easy to take out and work on. Since the P2K is similar to what Heighway is trying to do with interchangeable games, do their playfields have the same kinds of rails?

#284 9 years ago

They haven't demoed that part as far as I know, but you are talking about ops dragging playfields to their locations and swapping them, there has to be mechanisms for safety.

#285 9 years ago

Hi everyone,

The playfield sits on sliders so can comfortably sit on the floor.

The game upgrade kits come in boxes. The unused kit(s) including playfield(s) can be stored under the machine - so there's no need for them to be gathering dust or getting damaged by being stored incorrectly.

We are looking to announce upgrade kit costs tomorrow on our official Pinside thread

We have not announced a U.S. distributer because we are handling U.S. distribution ourselves. By having a main distributer, it would have meant increased prices and that would have made our product prices less competitive.

#286 9 years ago
    Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

The game upgrade kits come in boxes. The unused kit(s) including playfield(s) can be stored under the machine - so there's no need for them to be gathering dust or getting damaged by being stored incorrectly.

Love it!

#287 9 years ago

Just a suggestion on how you guys can make a few more bucks:

Some kind of stacking/storage rack for extra play fields.

Could be something simple, like some plastic spacers that clip to each corner of a playfield, so that you can attach two of them together, and slide them both under the cabinet.

#288 9 years ago

We are looking to announce upgrade kit costs tomorrow on our official Pinside thread
    blockquote>

Sweet! I hope it starts with a three!

#289 9 years ago

IMG_3717.JPGIMG_3717.JPG

#290 9 years ago

Hi everyone,
    We have not announced a U.S. distributer because we are handling U.S. distribution ourselves. By having a main distributer, it would have meant increased prices and that would have made our product prices less competitive.

Fantastic!

Keep up the great work Andrew.

#291 9 years ago

For you viewing pleasure It's made from motorcycle parts & it stands 9' tall! It's owned by a cool pinsider (V8chopper)

244.jpeg244.jpeg 239.jpeg239.jpeg
    #292 9 years ago

Okay, got a response from Andrew about playfield swaps: "All settings and high scores will be retained when swapping playfields over".
    So, now it's time to start saving my pennies!

There are 292 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heighway-pinball-game-2-pinball-expo-reveal/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.