4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 292 posts
  • 103 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by mrofnoc
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 13 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

239.jpeg
    244.jpeg
    IMG_3717.JPG
    image-633.jpg
    image-407.jpg
    image-818.jpg
    tom-1-flippers.jpg
    tom-1.jpg
    VA.jpg
    Screen shot 2014-10-17 at 9.19.01 PM.png
    image-928.jpg
    image.jpg
    The-Goodies-005.jpg

There are 292 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
    #201 4 years ago
    Quoted from Toads:

So who on the Predator list is thinking of pulling the trigger on this one?

This will likely totally outclass Predator. color lcd, fully interactive toys, designed by a master. And for only $1k more.

#202 4 years ago
    Quoted from Toads:

So who on the Predator list is thinking of pulling the trigger on this one?

My husband is sitting here debating if he wants to eventually have a child or an Alien's pinball machine. I told him between Predator, Aliens, and a kid, he's going to have to pick 2 because we can't afford it all. lol We'll see what wins out.

#203 4 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

My husband is sitting here debating if he wants to eventually have a child or an Alien's pinball machine. I told him between Predator, Aliens, and a kid, he's going to have to pick 2 because we can't afford it all. lol We'll see what wins out.

Predator,Alien, kids, what is the difference? Being in a DINK family I thought all of the above were forms of aliens.

#204 4 years ago

The main difference is that I wouldn't have to grow an Alien or Predator inside me for 9 months and give birth to it. Being shipped NIB to my door sounds oh so much easier.

#205 4 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

This will likely totally outclass Predator. color lcd, fully interactive toys, designed by a master. And for only $1k more.

I love my Wh20! Why are they making it so difficult!

Ok, Aliens, I'm in, and I need to reevaluate wtf I'm doing right now with my pins and potential purchases. It's all out of control!

Uhhh, no kids yet Blondie? Have the child, trust me, I've got three girls and you might get an Alien anyhow, real life!

#206 4 years ago

VA.jpg
    #207 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

you might get an Alien anyhow

lol

#208 4 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

The main difference is that I wouldn't have to grow an Alien or Predator inside me for 9 months and give birth to it. Being shipped NIB to my door sounds oh so much easier.

To be fair, aliens don't need nine months to grow.

#209 4 years ago

I've got 7 dogs and a niece with a nephew on the way, so I'm good for now. Plus, I've seen Alien and Spaceballs. I'm pretty sure this is what happens in the delivery room:

#210 4 years ago

This game is going to be huge. It's a timeless title. Look how cool Space Invaders still looks.

#211 4 years ago
    Quoted from hank527:

This game is going to be huge. It's a timeless title. Look how cool Space Invaders still looks.

Artwork is a bit ? with this title. Looking forward to it, I like this could be my first NIB, and I can throw other games into it.

#212 4 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

Plus the alien that is delivered to your door likely will not give you a lifetime of heartache.

#213 4 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

Predator - $12k
    Aliens - $8k
    Raising a child to 18 - $300k

My daughter - priceless

#214 4 years ago

This is awesome news - except for the possible hit to my bank account. Nordman is a really good guy and a great designer. I am really happy for him.

Oh well, at least there is plenty of time if I don't care about getting an LE. The events of last night ensured that I won't be opening the bank for a Hobbit, so I have a little time to save and see what this game turns out like.

#215 4 years ago
    Quoted from hank527:

If things pan out I will post a pic of all three next to each other down the track.

#216 4 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Predator - $12k
    Aliens - $8k
    My daughter - priceless

Haha….I've got 3 daughters and it doesn't stop at 18 but you are right, priceless!

#217 4 years ago

Hey...I guessed pretty close!

Screen shot 2014-10-17 at 9.19.01 PM.png
    #218 4 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Predator - $12k
    Aliens - $8k
    My daughter - priceless

Predator is $12K now? If thats true, I will gladly sell my spot which I paid $4750 for. Any takers?

#219 4 years ago

FWIW my kids are more fun than my games, but its nice to have a break now and then (they are currently setting up a "secret" in the bedroom. I hope its a haunted house from the chatter I've been hearing. I also hope they have not used something like stuffing from a blanket or even better a mattress for ghosts

#220 4 years ago

I'm in on predator and staying. How cool would it be to have Alien right beside it?

#221 4 years ago
    Quoted from BC_Gambit:

FWIW my kids are more fun than my games, but its nice to have a break now and then (they are currently setting up a "secret" in the bedroom. I hope its a haunted house from the chatter I've been hearing. I also hope they have not used something like stuffing from a blanket or even better a mattress for ghosts

Meh. If you come home after a bad day, you can't "tilt" your kids.
    Pinball: 1, Children: 0

#222 4 years ago

soooo....

it has a flat playfield (no levels), lots of ramps and a rotating box you bang in different modes, eh?

tom-1.jpg

#223 4 years ago

Read the Heighway page...one thing he is doing that is completely illegal (in Canada at least) is to charge fees for using credit cards. He's not suppose to do that.

#224 4 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

soooo....
    it has a flat playfield (no levels), lots of ramps and a rotating box you bang in different modes, eh?

tom-1.jpg 64 KB

I only see two flippers.

#225 4 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

Read the Heighway page...one thing he is doing that is completely illegal (in Canada at least) is to charge fees for using credit cards. He's not suppose to do that.

True -so that's a little weird.
    Though in all fairness, he could increase the price by that same percentage, then offer a discount for paying cash. 6 of one...

#226 4 years ago

"Alien"? Really? There is a new one (movie) coming out? Are there that many Alien fans out there? I kind of liked that movie back in the day ... but I guess I'm not a die-hard fan.

I didn't read through all 5 pages on this thread but is there a lot of interest? Do you guys think they will quickly sell 500 of these?

#227 4 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

I wish it was illegal in the United States. It drives me nuts that gas stations charge more for using credit cards instead of cash.

#228 4 years ago
    Quoted from OldPinster:

I didn't read through all 5 pages on this thread but is there a lot of interest?

Seriously?
    Lol

#229 4 years ago
    Quoted from OldPinster:

Do you guys think they will quickly sell 500 of these?

Yes

#230 4 years ago
    Quoted from schwarz:

I only see two flippers.

tom-1-flippers.jpg

#231 4 years ago
    Quoted from OldPinster:

I wish it was illegal in the United States. It drives me nuts that gas stations charge more for using credit cards instead of cash.

They don't charge you more for CC, they give you a cash discount. Credit agreements don't allow for charging MORE.

#232 4 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

tom-1-flippers.jpg 90 KB

And terrible call outs.

#233 4 years ago
    Quoted from rolandthoms:

I'm in on Predator and staying. How cool would it be to have Alien right beside it?

That makes two us. As a bonus it gives you The Aliens vs Predator licence for free!

#234 4 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Believe me, the "supporting a child beyond 18" is far worse. And you don't even know when it stops...

#235 4 years ago

Good way of raising half a mil to make Full Throttle.

#236 4 years ago

From the complaints about cash discounts, and charging fees for using credit cards...

Sounds like you folks have never owned a business.

Do you think it's fair that the business should get paid less from one customer than another customer for the exact same product or service? That's what happens when credit cards are used instead of cash, check, or other payment. The only way to compensate for that is to raise prices on them all. That's not fair, or just.

Do you complain about the pay pal service fees? It's the same deal.

And for folks that can pay with other methods (cash), do you think they should have to pay extra, to subsidize the credit card fees the business is unjustly forced to pay?

A credit card is a convenience for the customer that uses it, not for anyone else. That customer should be paying for that convenience, not the business, or other customers.

There is only one reason you aren't allowed to charge credit card fees in the US. The credit card issuers (and processors) stick lots of money in the pockets of the politicians. It's not injustice to charge for credit card fees. It's a corruption of our government that prohibits card processing fees being charged directly to the people who actually use that service. The question is do you support government corruption, and ripping off some for the benefit of others?

#237 4 years ago
    Quoted from Plungemaster:

Do like the title. What i dont like, no.... What i start to hate.
    Click on the link for more information, first thing is see is PRE ORDER!!!
    All payment options, how it will look and what it will do, etc etc.
    But no pictures of the actual game.
    Change this hobbies name from pinball to prepayball.
    To all those companies! Hey, we know we can buy your stuff! Dont rub it in our noses, we aint stupid. Show us the games you try to sell!

Agreed, also get the first game out!

Also this is a wide-body so how does that fit into the Highway swapping out game parts thing? Is FT a widebody?

#238 4 years ago

Yes. but more importantly, their cabinet is a widebody but will also hold a standard body playfield, depending on the game title.

#239 4 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

My husband is having a small pinball crisis right now. We're paid in full on Predator, but this is his theater wall...
    That facehugger pic is an original painting I had commissioned for him for his birthday this week. There are facehuggers and eggs all over my dining table right now.

image-928.jpg 182 KB

I just had to move these to be able to eat lunch, so thought I'd share here.

For those questioning Alien as a title... it helps that it is the 35th Anniversary, but Alien stuff is still everywhere. Hubby got the items pictured above, the commissioned artwork, the new Alien Isolation game for XBox One, and we watched Aliens BluRay in our theater on his birthday. And I found plenty more stuff, but ran out of money and quit buying things. I cussed out loud when I read it was Aliens knowing we'll be getting that pin somehoe or another. He's already trying to figure out how to put it in his walk-in closet in the theater and turn the whole thing into a big Alien nest.

image-818.jpg

#240 4 years ago

Played the game and loved it. I usually hate wide bodies but this game is fast!

#241 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZenTron:

B-list license

Havent read the whole thread but you couldnt be more wrong.

Ridley Scott's 1979 science fiction film 'Alien' was nominated for two Oscars winning one for Best Visual Effects. Seven years later the James Cameron directed sequel 'Aliens' proved more popular with the Academy with seven nominations including Best Actress for Sigourney Weaver and two wins in the Best Sound Editing and Best Visual Effects categories. 'Alien 3' added a further Best Visual Effects nomination while 'Alien Resurrection' left empty handed.

#242 4 years ago

At least there doing a classic movie and not the crap that keeps coming out today where most pins are made. I would prefer all the company's go back to the classic days of movies and make pins that should have been made rather than the special effects no acting plotless stuff of today over the past 10 years or more for that matter.

#243 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hwawonyu:

#244 4 years ago

If it's anything like the Future Pinball counterpart, it's going to be amazing.

#245 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Wrong thread?

#246 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hwawonyu:

They have a working prototype there? They didn't show anything other than a couple of toys that will be on the play field during the presentation. So there really isn't much known about the actual game other than the few items they have on their website description.

I love the theme, but I've been trying to figure out whether it's going to contain things from the movies other than weapons, aliens, and scene locations. It says nothing about characters, clips, voices, et cet.

Edit: Maybe it's full throttle?

#247 4 years ago

I'm waiting for pics to put money down because well it's stupid to give 1500 bucks to anyone without at least seeing the vision for the game. We do have an ace in the hole and that is Nordman, his designs have all been great IMO, the rules on some of his game were shallow but the game play was always bang on. Also with a multi movie franchise and extensive speech dialogue to choose from only a clown could mess this up.

#248 4 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

Also with a multi movie franchise and extensive speech dialogue to choose from only a clown could mess this up.

The problem is we don't know how much access to the movies they were given. Do they have access to the characters, quotes, et cet. (like TBL) or is it like TWD with no characters, quotes, clips?

#249 4 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

My husband is having a small pinball crisis right now. We're paid in full on Predator, but this is his theater wall...
    That facehugger pic is an original painting I had commissioned for him for his birthday this week. There are facehuggers and eggs all over my dining table right now.

image-928.jpg 182 KB

VOLTRON!!!!

#250 4 years ago

Yeah, referring to the Alien licence as B-list is simply ridiculous.
    When I look back at all the movies I've ever seen, this is one of the best and remains timeless.
    Aliens (the second one in the franchise) is one of the BEST MOVIES EVER MADE.
    I'd be interested to see a respected "Top Action Movies" list that didn't contain this title.
    (No, that does not mean that I actually want to see any lists!)

I'm stoked to hear the sound effects that will be used (the pulse rifles will be killer!) and expect to smile at most of the call-outs if they're from the movie.

Can't wait to see/hear more on this one.
    In my opinion, it's the sleeper hit of this year's expo. Had there been anything to see (i.e.: a playfield shown), this might have rivalled TBL as the show's biggest hit.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 149.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Magazines/books
    The Flipper Room
    Cabinet Parts
    SECRET SANTA SALE Out of stock
    Flashinstinct
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Bright Lights Pinball
    € 4.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Multigame
    $ 26.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    Hardware
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 12.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Meph's Mods
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 239.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 12.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 62.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 69.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinbotz
    $ 10.95
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 8,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    There are 292 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside