(Topic ID: 123019)

Heighway Pinball - Full Production Begins!

By HeighwayPinball

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 128 posts
  • 89 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by MK6PIN
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1dznncv7.png
image.jpg
IMG_6143.JPG
IMG_6136.JPG
IMG_6135.JPG
DSC03973.JPG
IMG_6131.JPG
DSC03978.JPG
20150501_145358880_iOS.jpg
20150430_132705739_iOS.jpg
20150430_132642165_iOS.jpg
20150428_115643688_iOS.jpg
20150428_115532987_iOS.jpg
20150428_103157880_iOS.jpg
20150428_103150137_iOS.jpg
20150428_103107940_iOS.jpg

There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 8 years ago

And to think you can build 250 games in your basement, ha.

Very interesting post, keep it up.

#102 8 years ago

Looks fantastic! Great choice of theme, too. I may be in the minority but I prefer original themes- HS, Pinbot, MM, Funhouse, etc. maybe the Stern licensed policy is a source of recency bias.

#103 8 years ago
Quoted from Tribonian:

I may be in the minority but I prefer original themes- HS, Pinbot, MM, Funhouse, etc.

Definitely not. Just the outlet is so different now that it is a very hard sell, as playing them on location isn't so easy. They're not producing 8000 of a title based on a trial run at a few locations anymore, they're producing in the hundreds with nothing other than some web content and a few protos at pin shows. I still think it would be a good idea for all these companies to make like 10 prototypes to gauge reaction and put them on location, instead of just doing the pinball show tours. It would definitely give some more real world feedback, not sugar coated.

#104 8 years ago
Quoted from Tribonian:

I may be in the minority but I prefer original themes- HS, Pinbot, MM, Funhouse, etc. maybe the Stern licensed policy is a source of recency bias.

Everyone perfers original themes.

#105 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Thanks for the update. Even though it is slower getting them out than hoped, seeing the pics is a lot better than "trust us"!

Looks awesome Andrew.....very excited about the "we'll be making all playfields in-house moving forward" comment...striving for perfection at this stage is exactly how it needs to be...and in ACTUAL production, not dreamland...too cool!!!!

#106 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Everyone perfers original themes.

They say that, but what they really mean is "this specific dream idea that I have that I want someone to create like they were peering into my head".

I also find it telling that whenever there's a "dream theme" thread all people do for the most part is list their favorite 80s movie/band. We like nostalgia.

#107 8 years ago

Futurama!

I am all about original themes if the game says Bally on it and was built in the early 80s. And even some of those are licensed.

Anything else i am indifferent if it is licensed or not.

#108 8 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

Definitely not. Just the outlet is so different now that it is a very hard sell, as playing them on location isn't so easy. They're not producing 8000 of a title based on a trial run at a few locations anymore, they're producing in the hundreds with nothing other than some web content and a few protos at pin shows. I still think it would be a good idea for all these companies to make like 10 prototypes to gauge reaction and put them on location, instead of just doing the pinball show tours. It would definitely give some more real world feedback, not sugar coated.

True. Complicated rules and no money inserted v. simple rules and money inserted. It's two different worlds. Of course Heighway has first to look to home buyers but medium to long term the outside world will be needed.

#109 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Everyone perfers original themes

I don't, but I would like to see cooler movie, TV and music themes. That seems to be the main problem. Aliens = Good theme, WWE = Bad Theme.

#110 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I don't, but I would like to see cooler movie, TV and music themes. That seems to be the main problem. Aliens = Good theme, WWE = Bad Theme.

If we could go back and change the themes around.... Imagine if Baywatch was Jaws. It would be in the top 10.

1 week later
#111 8 years ago

Here's our latest YouTube production update video - taken over the last few weeks

#112 8 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Here's our latest YouTube production update video - taken over the last few weeks
» YouTube video

Appears pretty amazing....definitely takes a lot of committed people to get these things done....appreciate the updates!!!....mark

#113 8 years ago

Andrew you will know UK banks ( eg Halifax ) are now issuing all new/renewed debit cards with swipe pay up to £20. And that's without asking for it. What plans have you got bearing in mind a new multi-sided £1 coin is on the way ?

#114 8 years ago

Hey Andrew, just wanted to give you some props. I'm in on several other projects that literally have me on the brink of leaving the hobby. So fed up with how I get treated and how much money I've lost on other ventures, that this just isn't fun any more. That said, you guys are one of the few bright spots in this hobby right now, and one of the limited things that have me holding on. I love the new modular systems you and Multimorphic are working on and I'm really looking forward to games from both companies.

Will Full Throttle be making any show appearances in the states in the near future? Unfortunately my recent burnage requires me to play before I buy, but I'd definitely like to take Full Throttle (and Alien when the time comes) for a spin.

Kudos for doing things the right way!

#115 8 years ago

Very excited to get one to put on location. Congrats, great news indeed.
Allen

#116 8 years ago

» YouTube video

looks awesome, great job.

#117 8 years ago

Obviously I'm biased here, since I'm working with Andrew, though not on Full Throttle.

But this is the standard to which I'd love to see everyone rise. And full credit to Stern for hiring Jared and getting the updates cooking, they're doing a great job too.

Because look, pinball is a crazy complicated bundle of moving parts. There are like a 1000 places where something can go wrong. The printer screws something up. A vendor shorts you on parts, or they show up manufactured backwards or just not cosmetically up to snuff. Boom, you're back and forth on the phone, you're now waiting 2 weeks for the news parts, you can't submit this other thing until you check the fit on the parts you don't have, on and on. (These are made up examples, not revealing anything at Heighway.)

The point is, you can be super professional, on point, and handling your business right, and still have things totally out of your control muck you up. I think all we want is to know that things are real, and being taken care of. Shit happens, we get it.

Your game is a little late? Things aren't going quite on schedule like you hoped? Update us! A video of the factory showing things getting built is awesome, best possible update. But even a photo or two so we can see things happening would be good. More threads like this please!

#118 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Your game is a little late? Things aren't going quite on schedule like you hoped? Update us! A video of the factory showing things getting built is awesome, best possible update. But even a photo or two so we can see things happening would be good. More threads like this please!

^^^^^ This, exactly.^^^^^

The video was timely, thank you for getting it out there. Please consider more frequent updates to your customers. Even if it is only a few lines or a pic or two as Aurich suggests. Please don't do the "run silent, run deep" scenario. Keep the open communication flowing.

#119 8 years ago

I think one of the things we can take away from 2015 so far is that if a company ISN'T giving periodic & informative updates, assume the worst. I love checking this thread as there is sure to be ACTUAL positive info. Its a nice change of pace from the disasters happening elsewhere right now.

#120 8 years ago

Played this at the LPC last weekend. What a wickedly fast, thrill ride of a game of it is. The shots are smooth as butter and most importantly, it's a lot of fun! I appreciate that it has taken considerable time to get the machine to this point but kudos to Andrew for sticking with it, designing an entire new system and putting this out there. Sorry - didn't capture any video - too busy playing pinball!

If you're in on this, I am sure that you will not be disappointed!

#121 8 years ago

I would appreciate at minimum weekly updates.

I had suggested to Andrew no detail was too small, and any minutiae would be eaten up by us. Obviously they are working there every day. We live in a world where people tweet photos of what they ate for lunch. Why not show us something every day?

I'd also appreciate updates on what exactly is holding things up. I don't know the nature of the delays other than "waiting for parts".

What parts came up short, what has to happen to correct it, when will they be in?

#122 8 years ago

Will Full Throttle be at ReplayFX??

#123 8 years ago

Aurich any Alien updates coming soon, man I need something.

#124 8 years ago

Not to alarm but is anyone sagacious enough to notice in that video some of the toys on one of the workstation computer desks? Astute enough to observe that movie poster back in the corner of the new digs? The one that has never been licensed into a pin before. For a movie that came out 31 years ago that unprotected poster looks suspiciously newish conceding it survived being moved from the old factory location.

I'm not saying anything but I'm just saying...

Subtle, understated, and somehow conspicuously prominent it would seem.

Hmmmm... could be cunningly muted somethings ...or the random keep sake social blings of a programmer or the such.

#125 8 years ago

Maybe he's just a big super fan of both GHOSTBUSTERS and BACK TO THE FUTURE? Like, a big fan... likes the posters up in his office. Right?

#126 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Maybe he's just a big super fan of both GHOSTBUSTERS and Back to the Future? Like, a big fan... likes the posters up in his office. Right?

Right.

#127 8 years ago

Nice video. I agree, I love the communication and or strategy. Don't think I would want updates more than bi-weekly though. Effective updates cost time and money and I would rather that be spent on the pins. Besides, given the recent pinball epic fails, heighway already provides a breath of fresh air. Almost makes pinside fun again.

Keep up the great work!

#128 8 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

Nice video. I agree, I love the communication and or strategy. Don't think I would want updates more than bi-weekly though. Effective updates cost time and money and I would rather that be spent on the pins. Besides, given the recent pinball epic fails, heighway already provides a breath of fresh air. Almost makes pinside fun again.
Keep up the great work!

Completely agree, and I've always gotten info when I asked...thank you Heighway!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Tools
Troxel Repair
Tools
There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heighway-pinball-full-production-begins/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.