(Topic ID: 123776)

Heighway hinting at South Park for an upcoming release?

By Law

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 65 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by frolic
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Butters.jpg
    sp.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider law.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Just listened to Coast 2 Coast 153 and Andrew Heighway had some interesting things to say about their upcoming titles 3+4. This is just me guessing but here's what was stated in the interview:

-Titles 3+4 are licenses
    -They are wary of doing too many of the same thing, for example "too many cartoon themes".
    -Something about a cartoon with adult language.
    -Theme that has been done before as a pinball machine and has the staying power to be revisited.

To me, at least, I really got the South Park vibe from the comments. I'll re-listen and see if I can get some more relevant quotes.

Relevant bits start around 13 minutes in, thoughts?

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-153-an-evening-with-andrew-heighway_44154

#14 9 years ago

Man, Andrew talks *really* fast. Here are a couple I pulled, but it took a lot of rewinding and such.

“we’re really going after the coin-op market”
    “not a game targeting collectors”
    “second two licenses are very strong”
    “three games released a year”
    “games that’ve been in the past”
    “maybe that game got made but really wasn’t as good as it could have been, maybe if we took it on and maybe it’s been a long period of time since that last game, maybe we could, maybe we could do something really good with that.”
    “we’ve gone after licenses that we think are going to interest as big a demographic as possible”
    “it’s all very well having a family pin, but sometimes you just want to have some beers with your friends and enjoy a bit of pinball that’s got some profanity in it, it’s entertainment.”

#18 9 years ago

On consideration, I'd like to see Archer done.

Not an older theme that's been done before so out of the running for this guess-fest though.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider law.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heighway-hinting-at-south-park-for-an-upcoming-release?tu=law and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.