• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FT_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider waddlejrjr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Honestly I'm not sure that's really the way to go. The big screen is really nice, and it's handy to be able to look up to it to get the info, we're just used to looking up. But it's also for the audience around the pin. And they want to see all the same stuff the player does. Scores, ball #, the mode animations, etc.
I just can't think for Alien what I'd want to show on the big screen that's different, it's all really useful info, and everyone wants to see the animations and instructions.

It will be at least a bit different because of the resolution though, right? Like you can take that larger form factor and spread out the information more and such.

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The playfield screen actually has more pixels than the backbox screen. Playfield is 16:10, and the backbox is 16:9. Not a problem to address that or anything, but it's not like the backbox screen actually has more room for information, it's just physically larger. And it's further away, and the people watching it are likely standing behind the player.
So I wouldn't spread the information out differently really, no.

Ah interesting. In my mind's eye I was seeing the playfield LCD as more square-shaped, but evidentially it isn't.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider waddlejrjr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heighway-big-boy-lcd-has-arrived?tu=waddlejrjr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.