Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20151015_184830.jpg
image.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballrulez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 8 years ago

I been in on TH and now have Full Throttle on order. I find the concept of Heighway much more appealing than that of JJP.

Do not get me wrong, the LCD of JJP is just stunning but I think in the long run the functionality of the Heighway LCD will win over the 'movie' LCD of JJP.

It is about pinall, not about watching a movie.
And indeed Heighway will also evolve when it concerns the use of their LCD. Many options have already been spoken of for implementing in Alien.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from jungle:

It's the big question but funnily enough what the % split is NOW is not the point. It is what will it be in future. Big screen with diagnostics on it could easily appeal more to operators than the Heighway module system IF the games take more money. I think Heighway has done great so far but they must not lose out on the location market.

Hard to tell what the future will bring.

What I do know is that Heighway has interest in new technology. As you might know they already investigated the use of a 46" transparant screen as a playfield cover. Did not make it this time, but who knows

Here is a quote from an article concerning Heighway Pinball:

'Deluxe models, due later this year, will have a 46" transparent screen that resides over the playfield surface and below the top glass. With images and video appearing and disappearing during play, the transparent screen will reportedly provide truly immersive experience. But core gameplay remains true to tradition with plenty of ramps and drop targets. The digital technology, Heighway explained, is intended to enhance traditional play, not replace. - See more at: http://vendingtimes.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=EB79A487112B48A296B38C81345C8C7F&nm=Vending+Features&type=Publishing&mod=Publications%3A%3AArticle&mid=8F3A7027421841978F18BE895F87F791&tier=4&id=D7587242D4C24F48A59309F15CD7DBB0#sthash.MQF20Wjv.dpuf

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from jungle:

It is interesting but the article is over 2 years old and they have clearly dropped the idea for now. As mentioned above the hobbit LCD is going to be completely different class to anything before. I'm sure it will be thought of as an improvement by many pinheads but it's the in your face " you are playing a state-of-the art 21st century game not antique machinery " that counts. It's the effect on the "outside world" and consequently resale values that will in my opinion force other companies to follow suit or fold.

The LCD is just a small part of the total concept and in its JJP form may not appeal to all pinheads. Dutch pinball has an interesting implementation, Heighway has one, P3 has one, Quetzal Pinball (Captain nemo) has one etc. You make it sound that JJP has invented the holy grail and are the example for all other companies. I do not think they are.

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

We actually revisit this every 3-6 months, and did so only a week ago.
As and when the technology and cost make options like this commercially viable, then we will re-visit it again.
However, it is worth noting that we are constantly looking at new technologies and options - and some options may well become available sooner rather than later

I think the concept you now have is great and it looks that all technology is well adapted to or higher than 'current standards'.

I will report back here to confirm if my opinion matches reality when my Full Throttle has arrived

#26 8 years ago

Wonder how this impacts the ugrade to the small screen in de backbox for people that already have a Full Throttle or one on order

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

They have both in that pic...? maybe scores vs animation

No idea. Think it is for display only as shown at the expo. I have heard nothing about functionality yet.

Asked Andrew some questions by mail to shine some light on this matter.

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from drinkduffbeers:

I've just dropped them an email to upgrade my upgrade

Thinking of that too

Been watching YouTube videos of the big and small screen. And I must admit that the small screen is not so appealing anymore. Especially when you have in mind what cool movie clips can be added in the Alien and future pins.

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from drinkduffbeers:

I know too many options!
That video swung it for me

This is for sure helping me in my decision
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-rule-set?tu=aurich#post-2756498

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Eddie in 3D Relief Pre-order!
Twisted Tokens
Other
Apparel - Unisex
ULEKstore
Unisex

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballrulez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heighway-backbox-lcd?tu=pinballrulez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.