Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20151015_184830.jpg
image.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider greenmeerkat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Hey all,

Just a thought on the backbox LCD I thought I'd throw out there. Just looking at the Hobbit pin, I do love the large screen in the backbox and was thinking how awesome this could look with a far cooler theme like Alien(s) (IMHO of course). As Heighway are showing they're open to different configurations, including an optional backbox LCD, I was wondering what about the option for a large "full size" LCD in the backbox as well? Understandably this would involve extra coding, so perhaps the small sized screen could just mirror the playfield whereas the larger one could have different code to take advantage of it's scale.

Anyhow, not looking to stir any JJP vs Heighway sort arguments, just curious about this option as I personally think the full LCD looks amazing.

#5 8 years ago

Totally agree on not rushing anything in now but I would like to see this at some point. I've not seen the existing LCD in the backbox going yet so maybe that will be cool enough, but I'm just going off the amazing attention grabbing use of the big screen in the JJP games. But yes of course, the actual playfield elements are the important thing right now. Particularly keen to see the fibre optic lights.

1 week later
#14 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

What I do know is that Heighway has interest in new technology. As you might know they already investigated the use of a 46" transparant screen as a playfield cover. Did not make it this time, but who knows

Now that is a mighty interesting piece of information.

#25 8 years ago

heh no, I am clueless. Delighted to see this and Heighway's commitment to further innovation. They really are an exciting company.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider greenmeerkat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heighway-backbox-lcd?tu=greenmeerkat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.