Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by cjmjmm2006
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190202_152343 (resized).jpg
    20190202_145303 (resized).jpg
    20190202_153642 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    #1 5 years ago

TWIP has posted a pitch deck for Angry Birds pinball that was never made. https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/the-twipys/

Looks pretty fun, to be honest. Pops instead of slings are a huge breath of fresh air these days, the rotating, sinking castles with targets or locks are a cool idea and the return of the Black Rose rising cannon mech makes sense for the theme, which would have appealed to a younger demo than most pin themes these days. Shame it didn't happen.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #3 5 years ago

Looks neat and definitely inovative. I know that it was just a proposal but I look at those wire forms to nowhere that just drop the ball and it makes me cringe.

#4 5 years ago

Yeah, interesting concept. Looks like some of the mechs were inspired by TOM, BR, and MM. Layout seems somewhat similar to TH.

Is Angry Birds still popular these days? Seems to me that it kind of died out quite a while ago.

I wonder when exactly this was pitched.

#5 5 years ago

thank god I barely ever have to see that cringe worthy AB art anymore

#6 5 years ago

Some interesting mechs but not sure if the layout would be fun to play and i also wonder when this was pitched because i don't think angry birds is really still that popular.

#7 5 years ago

Pitched just before I joined the company in 2013. A terrible idea. Andrew was also chasing the Micheal Jackson licence.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Pitched just before I joined the company in 2013. A terrible idea. Andrew was also chasing the Micheal Jackson licence.

If you were after a slice of the operator pie, the time to make Angry Birds would have been the time we pitched it, before the LE collector's market had gathered steam and before many competitors had thrown their hats into the ring. A game to easily pick up and play that could attract casual newcomers. You wouldn't touch it now though for all the reasons people are saying, the market has changed so much.

Andrew started talks about the MJ license shortly before he left and wanted to take it with him. I think he wanted to stick to the 80s, the Thriller / Bad / Smooth Criminal period when Jackson's image was at its height, the way fans would want to remember him.

#9 5 years ago

Michael Jackson pinball has been done

20190202_152343 (resized).jpg20190202_152343 (resized).jpg
    #10 5 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:Yeah, interesting concept. Looks like some of the mechs were inspired by TOM, BR, and MM. Layout seems somewhat similar to TH.
    Is Angry Birds still popular these days? Seems to me that it kind of died out quite a while ago.
    I wonder when exactly this was pitched.

Still popular as a redemption game was recently released by either Bay-Tek or Benchmark....

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Still popular as a redemption game was recently released by either Bay-Tek or Benchmark....

I have several, Luke warm as a redemption. My kids love it so I pulled one and put it in the house.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heighway-angry-birds-pitch?hl=ericc123 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.