Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Hee Haw Player Control (resized).jpg
Hee Haw Score Reels (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

Chicago Coin Hee Haw. Been working on this and have an issue with the Blue and Red pop bumper not giving 100 pts. Also not able to get any of the 100 score reels to register even when the 100-900 reel is manually pushed. Clean all the switches, check all the coils. This has me stumped!

Thanks
Kickout

#2 2 years ago

First time looking at a Chicago Coin schematic. It's a bit different. I thought maybe I could help but I think I will follow and learn.
Mike.

#3 2 years ago

If the 100 point relay fires and you're sure the switch on it to the score reels (green-black wire to black wire) closes the problem is probably in getting through the Player Control step unit (at E4 on the schematic). If you jumper around the Player Control unit from the black wire to the green-yellow wire for example does the player 1 score reel work?

/Mark

#4 2 years ago

Mark,
Did you mean to say from the Green wire to the Green-Yellow wire? I don't see where there is a Black wire to the Player Control unit.

Quoted from MarkG:

If you jumper around the Player Control unit from the black wire to the green-yellow wire for example does the player 1 score reel work?

#5 2 years ago

Mark,

Forget my last post, I was looking in the wrong location at E4. I now see where you were talking about and will try what you said.

Kickout

#6 2 years ago

Mark,
Yes, it does. It works with this jumper on all players. If I remove the jumper again nothing. If I jump from the Green-Black to the Green-Yellow it also works. I've cleaned the switch contact and still won't work.

Quoted from MarkG:

If you jumper around the Player Control unit from the black wire to the green-yellow wire for example does the player 1 score reel work?

#7 2 years ago

If you can put a jumper between the black and green-yellow wires (in the red boxes) and have the player 1 score reel advance when you hit a 100 point target then everything works apart from getting through the Player Control unit:
Hee Haw Score Reels (resized).jpgHee Haw Score Reels (resized).jpg
At this point you need to trace the path through the Player Control unit from the solder lug to the wiper(s) and out to the other solder lug. From the manual it looks like most of the wipers on the Player Control Unit have two wipers stacked on top of each other:
Hee Haw Player Control (resized).jpgHee Haw Player Control (resized).jpg
Maybe one of the wipers isn't touching the board below it? You'll have to figure out which one controls the 100s score reels.

#8 2 years ago

MarkG
I did this and yes the 100 pt reel worked.

Quoted from MarkG:

jumper between the black and green-yellow wires (in the red boxes) and have the player 1 score reel advance when you hit a 100 point target

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from Kickout:

MarkG
I did this and yes the 100 pt reel worked.

I believe MarkG is suggesting that you should look at the wiper(s) on the player control unit itself.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hee-haw-100-pts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.