Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 105 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by DS_Nadine
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What are your impressions of Heavy Metal”

• Looks awful, never gonna play it. 28 votes
      19%
    • Looks great, I really wanna buy one! 9 votes
      6%
    • Eh, looks ok, but not enough to make me want to buy it. I could care less. 56 votes
      37%
    • Looks cool, but too overpriced. 58 votes
      38%

(151 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5097896aae2ca.jpeg (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luvthatapex2.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#87 3 years ago

This a contract game for Stern. Unfortunately it's not their game. Think Supreme as a recent example. A company paid them to make the game and probably only 100 are going to sold based on that ridiculous price tag. Low volume games cost alot to make since you miss the volume discounts and the third party will want to make profit. They will probably make all the games in a week and there will never be another mention about it again (aside from the other companys website). How much do you hear about Supreme or PBR or other contract games?

I wish this theme was a cornerstone title based on the Heavy MEtal movie from 1981 with color assets and that killer soundtrack, can you imagine the possibilities? Alas another dream theme down in flames. Still hope to play it someday, but I would never own it in this iteration for any price. Guess a home brew is the only way I'll ever see my vision of Heavy Metal. Oh well, next!

Quoted from Thermionic:

Completely lazy and uninspired, with an asking price that is downright insulting to anyone with just a cursory knowledge of what else is available for the same price, not to mention the theme deserves MUCH better than this and could have been truly "epic" had Stern bothered to put in the same effort they did with Met, JP, IMdn, etc. Also, the coil stops probably suck. Hell, even the $4k pressboard SW version of this game at least offers a color display (of sorts).
    BUT, I still hold out some hope that Stern will soon be forced to up their game. I really can't imagine how any thinking person could possibly drop $8k for HM after seeing what other companies offer for $6k (CGC "Classic" editions, Hot Wheels come immediately to mind), and at some point this will surely (hopefully?) put some pressure on Stern to at least get back to the level of quality and features they routinely offered just a few years ago (REAL features, like cool playfield stuff, not just silly mods and trim packages that require no significant engineering and do nothing for the gameplay). I don't think any of us are asking for the "moon" here, I know I'd be happy to just see them return to offering the level of "value" and quality they once did.

#90 3 years ago

Yep, how much was supreme?

Quoted from gdonovan:

Is that still so in this case? Aside from the art there is a lot of off the shelf hardware being used. Its Star Wars Home with an art change and even cheaper score display.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luvthatapex2.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heavy-metal-pics?tu=luvthatapex2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.