Topic Stats

• 45 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Chuckwebster
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HMMDet.jpg
HMM_Cab.jpg
HMMBG.jpg

#1 5 years ago

Wow. One of these just fell in to our collection and all I can say is Wow. I set it up and got it working last night and could not believe the guitar riffs and call outs. "HEAVY! METAL!! MELTDOWN!!!!" It's super dirty (like good heavy metal used to be!), needs a ton of lights and rubbers (like good heavy metal...well, you know) so I can't comment on game play yet but, for now, I have to find a way to squeeze it in to the lineup!

Does anyone else share the love for Heavy Metal MELTDOWN??

And does anyone have any plastics or the ramp for it? Mine was pretty beat to hell (like good heavy metal was!) and just about all of them are cracked, but LOOK AT THAT BOOMBOX on top!

HMMBG.jpg HMM_Cab.jpg HMMDet.jpg

#2 5 years ago

It's a great machine and will never Lear my collection. Wish CPR would remake the plastics.

I had to take 2 Machines to make one and even then the plastics are cracked.

Chris

#3 5 years ago

That boombox topper is sick.

Congrats on the pick-up - it's an awesome theme and I'd love to find one someday! \m/

#4 5 years ago

I would love to find one to play someday. I have never seen one. Only read about and seen them online. I'm an old headbanger. Seems just right that I had one in my collection. Boom box is cool!! Good luck with your refurbishment. Hope it turns out rad!!

#5 5 years ago

Found a great video of that pin in action if anyone is curious about it like I was:

#6 5 years ago

Wow, Christopher Neville needs to shoot videos of all the pins! That was a great overview of the game (with some really nice slider shots)!

#7 5 years ago

Art- I sold mine to a guy in Burbank. Complete with an extra set of plastics & a nice ramp. He was kind of weird and I've lost his contact info.

Cool (dumb) game. I wish I hadn't sold it.

#8 5 years ago

Very cool!

#9 5 years ago

I got one and it is a blast. Simple game but people love to play it.

MMMMMEEEELLLLLLTTTTTDOWWWNNNNNN.

Parker

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from canea:

That boombox topper is sick.
Congrats on the pick-up - it's an awesome theme and I'd love to find one someday! \m/

I agree! 80's sweetness!!! I like it!

#11 5 years ago

Good in a cheesy way

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Good in a cheesy way

Exactly. I call it the ultimate cheese. I'm picking one up at Expo and can't wait to get it home and "CRANK IT UP" like it says on the apron.

#13 5 years ago

I'd love to get some plays on one of these someday. The topper's a must!

#14 5 years ago

so bad it's good

#15 5 years ago

Nice!

I've only played it in Future Pinball. I was immediately struck by the interaction between the music and the gameplay. (Space Invaders Extreme on the Nintendo DS was the same concept. Every shot you fire plays one note of the foreground music). I cannot think of a better way to integrate a music theme into a game: make the gameplay directly control the music.

I hope to have one some day.

#17 5 years ago

Wow, that's a lot of love! I can't wait to dig in to it. I really want to see that topper light up!

Yup, cheesy good, indeed. And Wahnsinniger is right, the music integration with the gameplay is really well done.

Aurich, great video find, thank you. NOW I can show my co-workers what I was so happy about (without actually inviting them over

James, Burbank, eh? this one came from North Hollywood, it couldn't possibly be your old one, not with all of these broken plastics. Do you remember how this guy found you? Was it a CL ad?

Cheers!
Art.

#18 5 years ago

Sold it on CL for $600. It's possible he could have trashed it. The ball on 6803's tends to be wild in my experience. I sold it because I feared I'd end up with another broken ramp. When I bought it, I didn't realize the fragility of that era of Bally and scarcity of said fragile plastic parts. As soon as I had it shopped and playing well, I came across that Fireball in Phoenix for $1000 and off HMM went.

I actually ended up delivering it to him to his place on Alameda. Was he a weirdo divorcee Beatles fan living in a really small two room apartment?

#19 5 years ago

A good game. I really enjoy it! Those half-circle targets on sides are a lot of fun!

The target you can only hit through an alley pass!

Newton Cradle.

Although super shallow in terms of rules, but, hey, We have a decent size collection!
Also, ours is REAL fast. A shot through the newton cradle often leads to it flying off of the habit trail.

Question, is there any artwork on the front of the machine? Ours doesn't have any... and out of the two that I've seen in my life, I can't recall if theirs did or not.

#20 5 years ago

That boombox topper isn't stock, right?

#21 5 years ago

If I had room for 10 pins, this would be one of them. I'd put it right next to the space reserved for Stern's Iron Maiden.

#22 5 years ago

That game looks pretty cool. The title of this thread made me think of the movie Heavy Metal. That would make an awesome pin IMO.

#23 5 years ago

Thanks for sharing the video. A game I'd like to play sometime for sure.

#24 5 years ago

Arcadegarage, the boombox topper is stock, as they say on the flyer, "stacked to the ceiling for MAXIMUM OUTPUT." It's supposed to have about 20 red lights that strobe to the music in there. I haven't opened her up yet but mine has about 3 or 4 bulbs working. The speakers are up there too and it sounds pretty darned good.

Skrippy, I read that Bally saved money my not decorating the front cabinets of 6803 games. So mine, like yours, is black. This was the era of the generic Bally/Midway cabinets so the "custom" side cabinet artwork was a selling point.

"IF IT'S TOO LOUD YOU'RE TOO OLD!" (HMM flyer.)

#25 5 years ago

I met my first wife playing that game when it was new. I wouldn't mind having one out of shear nostalgia.

#26 5 years ago

we played Chris's a lot. Not a bad game. that Guitar delelelelelelelelele gets annoying quick tho.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from MrArt2u:

Skrippy, I read that Bally saved money my not decorating the front cabinets of 6803 games. So mine, like yours, is black. This was the era of the generic Bally/Midway cabinets so the "custom" side cabinet artwork was a selling point.

Ahh, We also have a lot of broken plastics on ours an extra, but our ramp is in good shape!

Our sound board is shot and sound like static :/ Changed speakers and the potentiometer, ugh.

Still I like it a lot.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

we played Chris's a lot. Not a bad game. that Guitar delelelelelelelelele gets annoying quick tho.

Oh is it shallow. In a small collection I think you would get bored of it quickly and want to move it on. In a larger collection it hangs well. And the guitar riff will drive you crazy but once your past that the multiball function is cool and its just fun to get them to scream.

HEAVY........METAL.........MELT,MELT,MELTDOWN.......

In honor of this thread I'm going to make it the machine I play today. Each day a different machine is turned on and thats the machine for the day.

chris

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from Arcadegarage:

That boombox topper isn't stock, right?

I was hoping that it was. But now I am curious as well.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from TurboBengal:

I was hoping that it was. But now I am curious as well.

Yes it IS stock...

#31 5 years ago

I got to play Skrippy's a couple of months ago. HMM is a ton of fun. If I recall, Skrippy played, what can only be called, an epic game only to screw up his initials for GC.

I think that's karma for stealing the HMM from me something like 4 times.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from pinlynx:

I got to play Skrippy's a couple of months ago. HMM is a ton of fun. If I recall, Skrippy played, what can only be called, an epic game only to screw up his initials for GC.
I think that's karma for stealing the HMM from me something like 4 times.

Hey! Whoa! That's an unfair call. It was only like 8 million and change.

And it's because it's the only game set to five ball cause I don't know how to use that godforsaken number pad!

#33 5 years ago

I am looking to sell my game and can bring it to expo (I'll be there Thursday and Friday). Asking $800, firm at this point. I can provide pictures if anyone is interested... just PM me.

I've had my HMM for many years and think it's a great Bally game from that era. I combined plastics from 2 different machines and have a "pretty good" plastic set since they have never been reproduced to my knowledge. It has the Boom Box topper and is in "decent" shape.

#34 5 years ago

Man, I really want to say that I'd take it... hold on to it a couple years, would ya?
: D

2 weeks later
#35 4 years ago

Alright all you HMM owners, can one of you measure your machine's leg length (not including levelers). Ours came with some really tall black modern legs that make it pretty tall.

Game is all shopped out, playing beautifully and about to join the lineup tomorrow. I have several broken plastics to still deal with, and one that's just completely wrong that I'll be asking you guys for a picture of so I can reproduce it. But overall, this game is stupid fun and we're loving it.

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Oh is it shallow. In a small collection I think you would get bored of it quickly and want to move it on. In a larger collection it hangs well. And the guitar riff will drive you crazy but once your past that the multiball function is cool and its just fun to get them to scream.
HEAVY........METAL.........MELT,MELT,MELTDOWN.......
In honor of this thread I'm going to make it the machine I play today. Each day a different machine is turned on and thats the machine for the day.
chris

Funny Chris. That's what I try and do too. Fire up a different game every day.

Doesn't always work out that way, but hey, I try!!

Good to give them all a burl every now and again.

rd.

2 years later
#37 2 years ago

does anybody know if they made plastics or ramps for these yet....I have a line on a NOS playfield but don't want it if I cant get plastics...
also what about cab decals?

#38 2 years ago

The boys at CPR were looking for a complete set of plastics to scan but I'm not sure what became of that.

There is another thread about DYI the ramps.

Let me know if you pass on the playfield. I would be interested.

#39 2 years ago

I love the drums lighting up in the background

#40 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

does anybody know if they made plastics or ramps for these yet....I have a line on a NOS playfield but don't want it if I cant get plastics...
also what about cab decals?

I'm starting on the ramp now.

#41 2 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

I'm starting on the ramp now.

Go!

4 weeks later
#42 2 years ago

Man oh man! I may have just scored me an HMM today!
It's out of town and a friend who lives nearby is going to go see it for me on Wednesday.

The only issue is that the game has been dropped into another 6803 generic cabinet that just says Bally
I guess the original was trashed.

I have the ability to print my own decals so, if anyone here would be willing to take some high quality images of the art for me, I'd really appreciate it.

I could get it redrawn and would be happy to share the final files with you HMM fanatics!

1 year later
#43 1 year ago

Just picked up a HMM over the weekend, I absolutely love it. Any word on if they have remade the plastics? I know Freeplay did the ramps last year

#44 1 year ago

Nope, but if you find it
I take a set

Rock on HMM

6 months later
#45 9 months ago

I picked up a HMM a couple days ago and just starting to work on it. It appears to only have one speaker in the cabinet, but cut outs for a second. is one supposed to be a subwoofer? and the other in for a regular speaker if you don't have the topper installed?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 137.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rochester, NY
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 12.00
Lighting - Led
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 229.99
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
$ 430.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Texas Pinball
$ 400.00
Boards
Great American Pinball
$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Tilted Pinball
Hardware
CPR Playfields
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 209.99
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside