image (resized).jpg
full machine (resized).jpg
HMM (resized).jpg
HMM (resized).jpg
IMG_20201107_111420 (resized).jpg
IMG_20201107_111941 (resized).jpg
2B7423BD-AF82-46EF-A40F-DD6DFCE330CF.jpeg
HMM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider OldSchoolGamer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#58 3 years ago

NEWBIE LOOKING FOR HELP

I have HMM that stopped working after I invited a tech in to help with the ball shoot. Now I'm thinking I will make it my project to get it working again. Not an electrician and new to maintaining the machine so any advice out there on where to begin to diagnose what is going on? What tools do I need.

I have the original manuals and schematics

Added over 3 years ago:

Update. Turns out it was a blown fuse. Machine now powers up, bumpers, slingshots, etc register score BUT none of the solenoids fire. The flippers aren’t working either. The basic function solenoid test displays all the solenoids so I assume they are powering up. I’ve changed the playfield fuse several times (and even removed it altogether) with the same results: no flipper action, no bumper action or any solenoid action, and balls are not being ejected into the shooter. Could there be another fuse I missed checking? Maybe the fuses I am using are old?

#61 3 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Gonna need more information. Can you share a detailed explanation?

Quoted from dsuperbee:

Gonna need more information. Can you share a detailed explanation?

Update. Turns out it was a blown fuse. Machine now powers up, bumpers, slingshots, etc register score. BUT none of the solenoids fire. The flippers aren’t working either. The basic function solenoid test displays all the solenoids so I assume they are powering up. I’ve changed the playfield fuse several times (and even removed it altogether) with the same results: no flipper action, no bumper action or any solenoid action, and balls are not being ejected into the shooter. Could there be another fuse I missed checking? Maybe the fuses I am using are old?

3 weeks later
#64 3 years ago
Quoted from vindic8r:

Hey oldschoolgamer - Do you want to move this to a separate Tech thread - or did you already?
I should have time this weekend to send you some suggestions. And you can crosslink to this thread so that this crew sees it.

vindic8r The machine is awesome and I love the idea of upgrading the sound. Mine sounds tinny as well.

I sent you a message and posted my lastest challenge in the Tech Forum which I tagged you in.

Rock on...

#65 3 years ago

vindic8r -- I put an LED bulb in and it lit the whole thing up. Looks great

HMM (resized).jpgHMM (resized).jpg
1 week later
#70 3 years ago

Let's revive the activity! Looking for any playfield parts (side mirrors, plastic overlays (looks like one is broken), etc.) and any/all mod ideas Heavy Metal Meltdown

HMM (resized).jpgHMM (resized).jpgfull machine (resized).jpgfull machine (resized).jpg
#72 3 years ago

ChrisS Nice! Can you post a picture of what the backglass looks like with it in? The picture I posted has an LED bulb in it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, OH
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider OldSchoolGamer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heavy-metal-m-m-m-m-m-meltdown?tu=OldSchoolGamer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.