image (resized).jpg
full machine (resized).jpg
HMM (resized).jpg
HMM (resized).jpg
IMG_20201107_111420 (resized).jpg
IMG_20201107_111941 (resized).jpg
2B7423BD-AF82-46EF-A40F-DD6DFCE330CF.jpeg
HMM (resized).png

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

About time this game gets its own club thread! I am a big fan of Bally 6803 games and this is quite possibly one of the best in the group.

Fantastic and challenging gameplay, simple yet difficult to master, fantastic competitive play with great risk/reward of loading balls vs stealing individual vs stealing them all, cheesy but oooohhhh so good tunes/art/callouts, awesome toper, unoque game layout and some fun features.

Seriously a fantastic game all around!

Where are the other HMM fans at? Have you done any fun mods to your game?

#2 7 years ago

come on headbangers! Show us what you got?

We have a rule at a buddies place that you wear the mullet wig when playing! I am sure there is a photo somewhere.

#3 7 years ago

Good to see someone who appreciates this game. It's great. I wouldn't mind having one someday.

Are the actual speakers for the game in the boombox topper? What happens if a game is missing it's topper?

#4 7 years ago

speakers are in the head, but I have though of adding them to the topper along with a bunch more lights!

#5 7 years ago

Gotta be the heaviest head around...thing is solid wood and lots of it.

It's a fun game to play. It'super duper obnoxious, bright, and twangy with it's guitar licks...which I guess is what it should be!
It's an 80s ballys so that's it's downfall.

#6 7 years ago

this is the club thread. Law it you dont want to say good things then kindly exit stage left.

#7 7 years ago

Whysnow...did you find and install the new ramp?

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Whysnow...did you find and install the new ramp?

found but did not install yet (old one is OK)

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

this is the club thread. Law it you dont want to say good things then kindly exit stage left.

Quoted from TheLaw:

It'super duper obnoxious, bright, and twangy with it's guitar licks...which I guess is what it should be!

Is that negative to you? Please explain.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's an 80s ballys so that's it's downfall.

that was -

#11 7 years ago

super rediculous twany metal hair band is spot on and awesome for this title. It embodies the 80s better than any other pin!

#12 7 years ago

Jesus Chirst man...you need a fucking chill pill.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Jesus Chirst man...you need a fucking chill pill.

club threads are supposed to be for owners and those that like the game, not for hating.

these threads have differnet guidelines as I understand it. I started the thread to have some fun with others that dig the game and are in the club, not to have an argument about what you dont like about the game. christ man... have a little respect for the game.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

christ man... have a little respect for the game.

I did have respect for it. Said it was a fun game, said it rocked like metal, but that wasn't good enough for you.
You had to turn into Milton and get pissy aboot it because I didn't put the entire shaft down my throat...as I probably wouldn't for any game ever.
So great job dude.

EDIT: I do apologize I didn't see this was in the Clubs Sub Thread...which doesn't seem to have an "All Welcome section" anymore?
Didn't know they locked everything down to members only.

#15 7 years ago

Is the cabinet solid wood? I have City Slicker, another 6803, and it's pressed wood. The quality is pretty crappy. I wonder when they changed it.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I didn't put the entire shaft down my throat

I can put on my mullet wig and then I bet you will

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Is the cabinet solid wood? I have City Slicker, another 6803, and it's pressed wood. The quality is pretty crappy. I wonder when they changed it.

mine is pressed board also. Heavy as sin and wish it was plywood instead.

#18 7 years ago

Great game!

#19 7 years ago

How many people have a proto with drop target in front of the ramp or wood plug for the drop target?

#20 7 years ago

Would love to join this club someday... don't see many for sale though... \m/

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from canea:

Would love to join this club someday... don't see many for sale though... \m/

I waited and waited and then finally found one locally. It needs a bit of love but was all complete. Picked it up for 1400 and will be well over 2k once I am done but man I love this game. It falls in line with games like Tx-Sector and being a fan favorite in groups of people playing and drinking!

#22 7 years ago

I've had mine for a few years, was an ok game but mine had some cosmetic issues (ramp broken glued painted black, ball would get stuck on the ramp, was missing the eject ramp, apron was broke in 3 places) but since I fixed the cosmetic/playability issues the game really sticks out and plays well. Mine isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I waited and waited and then finally found one locally. It needs a bit of love but was all complete. Picked it up for 1400 and will be well over 2k once I am done but man I love this game. It falls in line with games like Tx-Sector and being a fan favorite in groups of people playing and drinking!

Not much chance for me locally. You let me know when you find another one in your part of the country and plan on making one of your trips to CO...

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from canea:

Not much chance for me locally. You let me know when you find another one in your part of the country and plan on making one of your trips to CO...

Will do!

1 month later
#25 7 years ago

Count me in!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heavy-metal-meltdown-bally-my-first-major-project

All the time and effort I'm putting it to time one sound like it will be well worth it.

Big fan of 80's metal as well, more Motorhead, Metallica and Slayer than Def Leppard and Bon Jovi though

2 months later
#26 7 years ago

I have all the big A titles and also collect the 6803's, We enjoy them just as much!
My HMM is going into the restoration phase soon. A NOS clearcoated playfield going into it!

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from TopScoreGameroom:

I have all the big A titles and also collect the 6803's, We enjoy them just as much!
My HMM is going into the restoration phase soon. A NOS clearcoated playfield going into it!

awesome~! where did you find the NOS pf? lets see some eye candy!

#28 7 years ago

Good lord I have to get This machine!

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Good lord I have to get This machine!

do it!

#30 7 years ago

Just played this for the first time at The Baxter arcade in Chapel Hill NC and really enjoyed it. Lots of unique features - love the two-way loading ramp and the spot targets in the inlanes that reward drop catches. Wish modern pinball tried different designs like this more often.

#31 7 years ago

Although I was a little baffled why the game needed a second set of buttons just for lane change...is that to allow for more precise strategy during multiball?

2 months later
#32 6 years ago

I joined the club. Never heard of this machine before a couple weeks ago, but it is a really fun game. I like how the music is integrated into the gameplay and the interesting multiball mechanics. The music reminds me a lot of Uniracers on SNES, one of my favorites from that era.

HMM (resized).pngHMM (resized).png

#33 6 years ago

Whats a fair price for a HMM nowadays?

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Whats a fair price for a HMM nowadays?

1300-1600

#35 6 years ago

I'd say $1800-2000 They are getting tough to find these days.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from Drewscruis:

I'd say $1800-2000 They are getting tough to find these days.

yeah they have definitely been going up.

Noah got a STEAL on the one he just picked up!

#37 6 years ago

HMM is an awesome game. The mullet is a requirement. I love my prototype. Dan Langlois is a much forgotten, but incredible designer...Radical!, Escape From the Lost World, Strange Science, Black Belt...all unique, creative, and fun games.

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

yeah they have definitely been going up.
Noah got a STEAL on the one he just picked up!

Is that who snagged the $1400 one? I was a day off for my buddy...still looking for similar era Ballys.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballBeerGuy:

I joined the club. Never heard of this machine before a couple weeks ago, but it is a really fun game. I like how the music is integrated into the gameplay and the interesting multiball mechanics. The music reminds me a lot of Uniracers on SNES, one of my favorites from that era.

That is in NICE shape! Hope to own one sometime in the near future. I love the cheesy rock licks!

#40 6 years ago

Is that who snagged the $1400 one? I was a day off for my buddy...still looking for similar era Ballys.

pretty sure that was only the local price, but yes Noah took it home.

I have to admit, I am a bit bummed because if Noah had passed it was going on route and I think people really would have liked it!

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

pretty sure that was only the local price, but yes Noah took it home.
I have to admit, I am a bit bummed because if Noah had passed it was going on route and I think people really would have liked it!

uhhh im local...plus im like, best friends with Tim.

#42 6 years ago

uhhh im local...plus im like, best friends with Tim.

who is tim?

#44 6 years ago

I just played this game also at Baxters in Chapel Hill today. Man did I love it! And seeing it with LEDs made it look even better. --- I offered to buy it from them on the spot. I doubt they'll sell it, but it is a great 80s game that would be awesome in my game room. (I also set the high score on it).

Quoted from westofrome:

Just played this for the first time at The Baxter arcade in Chapel Hill NC and really enjoyed it. Lots of unique features - love the two-way loading ramp and the spot targets in the inlanes that reward drop catches. Wish modern pinball tried different designs like this more often.

1 month later
#45 6 years ago

Hoping to get one of these in on a trade deal in the next week or so. This game is so cheesy/tacky it transcends all other mid 80s Ballys, its "so out it's in". Definately captures that mid-late 80s metal vibe.
Cant wait to add it to the collection, right next to Fireball classic and Fireball 2 for a killer 1980s Bally Heavy Metal/devil imagery lineup. The Church Lady would not approve.

#46 6 years ago

Great game. Been looking for one for a long time.

Anyone in bc or WA want to help me find one?

1 year later
#47 5 years ago

Looks like this club has seen any activity in a long time....just joined a few days ago and couldn’t be happier!

2B7423BD-AF82-46EF-A40F-DD6DFCE330CF.jpeg2B7423BD-AF82-46EF-A40F-DD6DFCE330CF.jpeg
1 week later
#48 5 years ago

Congrats!

7 months later
#49 4 years ago

Hey can somebody with teardown pics help me out with a picture of the ramp area with just the ramp removed, please?

3 months later
#50 4 years ago

Just picke one up last week for free. It fired up, but all coils are dead, games dirty, etc..

My biggest issue is the Topper is in pieces. Luckily I have them all except the middle 'grille' in the front. I know I am gonna have to make this myself, so is the original plastic or wood?

Also, I got a pretty much blank (but used) extra pf for the game. The harness was cut, and pretty much all that were left on it was the plastic posts, no major assemblies.

Guesses as to a value? Yeah, I know without pics it's hard to gauge

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heavy-metal-m-m-m-m-m-meltdown and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.