Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by CrazyLevi
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

103312526_10158621219574244_7765162791075401758_o (resized).jpg
    #1 3 years ago

The music, art, and playfield are pretty cool. If they did away with the old school dmd......

Not sure if it’s $8000 cool, but hey, it doesn’t look like a total suckfest

Mike

#2 3 years ago

It’s a re-skin if Star Wars home edition, and no it’s not worth $8,000.

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from Black_Knight:

It’s a re-skin if Star Wars home edition, and no it’s not worth $8,000.

I know that... I was watching the dead flip stream tonight. Liked what I saw. 8k though cmon lol

#4 3 years ago

It looks cool, but not enough to pay 8k for.

#5 3 years ago

It's a waste of the HM theme.
    Should have been a normal Pro/Premium/LE release.

Just more brilliance from Stern..

#6 3 years ago

Who the hell is even buying these home pins?
    If ur gonna get a pin for the house just buy a pro model or don't buy one at all and play virtual pinball via a gaming console. I tries the SM and SW and they suck.

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from ejg10532626:

t's a waste of the HM theme.
    Should have been a normal Pro/Premium/LE release.

Just more brilliance from Stern..

Not sure why people still don't get this segment of Stern's business. It isn't hard to grasp. It is contract manufacturing. They get paid up front to create a game for a company (Incendium in this case).

There is no way Heavy Metal would be a cornerstone release. Not a broad enough appeal theme.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Who the hell is even buying these home pins?

Stangely I heard a lot of people saying good things aboot it when it was SW...makes no sense to me. Heavy metal even less so.

#9 3 years ago

$8000 is insane for that pin. Honestly, I don’t even know how they sell even one at that price. Just think about what you can get NIB for around $8000. You can almost get a new GNR LE.

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from ejg10532626:

It's a waste of the HM theme.

I agree. I think it could be a rad theme if given the full treatment. I say that also knowing the theme itself probably has very limited appeal.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Stangely I heard a lot of people saying good things aboot it when it was SW...makes no sense to me. Heavy metal even less so.

A lot of people seem to prefer this layout over the SM home. It seems weak to me but I’m happy they finally changed from retheming SM 20 times

#12 3 years ago

Thanks for watching last night, it was a pretty short stream for sure.
    I wish I could have shown the armor off, the color change is wild.
    (Goes from green to purple)
    103312526_10158621219574244_7765162791075401758_o (resized).jpg103312526_10158621219574244_7765162791075401758_o (resized).jpg

#13 3 years ago

Sounds like a Plymouth Prowler!

That's not really a good thing.

#14 3 years ago

It blows

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Sounds like a Plymouth Prowler!
    That's not really a good thing.

OMFG I forgot about that damn car.

#16 3 years ago

I wasn't a fan of the new It movies either. But the original with Tim Curry was amazing.

#17 3 years ago

I thought the first half/movie 'It' was fucking awesome...but the second blew.

I never really watched the OG one, but I give it the nod. I mean I'm going 'Legend' or 'Clue' for my Tim Curry; but there's enough of him to spread around to everyone's tastes.

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I thought the first half/movie 'It' was fucking awesome...but the second blew.
    I never really watched the OG one, but I give it the nod. I mean I'm going 'Legend' or 'Clue' for my Tim Curry; but there's enough of him to spread around to everyone's tastes.

FRICKEN LEGEND. That devil scared the actual literal piss out of me.

#19 3 years ago

Yeah but the double love soundtrack of Loved by the Sun/ Jon Anderson & Love strong enough/ Bryan Ferry at the end is there to cool you down....powerhouse.

#20 3 years ago

Loved the sound track and the layout is good, but for $8000, this game is a terd.

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Loved the sound track and the layout is good, but for $8000, this game is a terd.

terd

Totally
    Enthralling
    Retro
    Device

Nailed it.

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah but the double love soundtrack of Loved by the Sun/ Jon Anderson & Love strong enough/ Bryan Ferry at the end is there to cool you down....powerhouse.

+1 for the rest of the awesome soundtrack by Tangerine Dream...

Later,
    EV

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

You can almost get a new GNR LE.

You could get a GnR Standard and have significant money left over for something else !

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from DeadFlip:

terd
    Totally
    Enthralling
    Retro
    Device
    Nailed it.

This post paid for by stern

#25 3 years ago

I actually liked the HM stream more then GnR,... mostly because Jacks Stream had MUSIC YOU COULD HEAR.

I‘d not buy it knowing I can the same playing game for less, but I still very much like it! The Layout and the Music and Callouts as well.

Playfield art: Nah!

#26 3 years ago

Gary Stern once said DMD is a special art form in the spirit of pinball (lcd not thats why GB DMD).

#27 3 years ago

I thought the stream looked great. Love the dmd, and music. The game play is cool, simple pinball.

I'd buy one at $5500. But 8? What were they smoking?

Message from the Freeeek Kingdom.

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from DeadFlip:

terd
    Totally
    Enthralling
    Retro
    Device
    Nailed it.

We love you Jack, thanks for streaming the game for us! I was excited to see it play and I love that this cool, retro game was made! But, yes...............

$8000 = Terd
    $5500 = Winner

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from gonzo73:

I'd buy one at $5500

I’d go so far as $5000 being a fair price. I’m just not seeing the value, but I do like the theme.

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from megadeth2600:

You could get a GnR Standard and have significant money left over for something else !

Exactly!
    Simple perspective is often forgotten with this hobby of ours.

Quoted from paul_8788:

There is no way Heavy Metal would be a cornerstone release. Not a broad enough appeal theme.

Disagree.
    Make a good enough game to go along with this theme - not to mention a multi-artist soundtrack like the original - and it would have sold excellent.
    Instead, lets slap different art on an already poor selling title and double the price.
    Brilliant!

Quoted from Krupps4:

I’d go so far as $5000 being a fair price. I’m just not seeing the value, but I do like the theme.

No value to see, just rip off city (now there's a theme!).
    That could be a Stern cornerstone release.

#31 3 years ago

This might be one of the worst timed launches ever. Gnr just dropped and Led Zeppelin on the way.

I guess it’s a contract game so stern gets paid either way but still

#32 3 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

This might be one of the worst timed launches ever. Gnr just dropped and Led Zeppelin on the way.
    I guess it’s a contract game so stern gets paid either way but still

It was launched close to the beginning of the covid situation. Jack just got one to stream.

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from DudeRegular:

It was launched close to the beginning of the covid situation. Jack just got one to stream.

It was opened for preorders, but had not code back then.

#34 3 years ago

Yeah to clarify, this game was announced very early in the year.
    I'm only recently able to flip it!

This was a private label game between Incendium and Stern, only available for purchase on Incendium's website.
    We hadn't seen any action of it flipping, so I flipped it. <3

#35 3 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

This post paid for by stern

Hey, I thought it was clever.

#36 3 years ago
    Quoted from ejg10532626:

No value to see, just rip off city (now there's a theme!).
    That could be a Stern cornerstone release.

Stern did not set the price for the Heavy Metal game. Stern does not sell the Heavy Metal game. Incendium contracted with Stern to make the game for them. Incendium then sells them for whatever they want.

Blaming Stern for the game being a "rip off", or for not doing the theme justice (in your mind), is just plain stupid.

#37 3 years ago
    Quoted from paul_8788:

Blaming Stern for the game being a "rip off", or for not doing the theme justice (in your mind), is just plain stupid.

In his defense, I don’t think he blamed Stern. He just said it was a rip off and said it could have been a Stern cornerstone release.

#38 3 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

In his defense, I don’t think he blamed Stern. He just said it was a rip off and said it could have been a Stern cornerstone release.

He also said to put a bunch of diff'rent music in...which for some reason people think is really easy.

#39 3 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

I've now re-read the last couple of sentences a few times, giving the benefit of the doubt. And no, I think I have it right. We can agree to disagree though

#40 3 years ago

Did anyone at stern, tell Incendium that
    Thier price point would become an instant joke in the pinball comunity?

Or did Stern just take the development money and laugh? Knowing they wont have to waste any time actually building the 300 Games?

Does Incendium know they look clueless?
    It's too bad, I really like the game.

Unanswerable Questions from the Freeeek Kingdom.

#41 3 years ago
    Quoted from gonzo73:

Did anyone at stern, tell Incendium that
    Thier price point would become an instant joke in the pinball comunity?
    Or did Stern just take the development money and laugh? Knowing they wont have to waste any time actually building the 300 Games?
    Does Incendium know they look clueless?
    It's too bad I like the game.
    Unanswerable Questions from the Freeeek Kingdom.

This is your chance to own a game no one has...... or wants

#42 3 years ago

The rarest of the rare, the game Stern didn't make.

#43 3 years ago
    Quoted from paul_8788:

Stern did not set the price for the Heavy Metal game. Stern does not sell the Heavy Metal game. Incendium contracted with Stern to make the game for them. Incendium then sells them for whatever they want.

At this point I've given up trying to explain to the clueless what these contract games are about.

You should too. Like banging your head against a wall.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heavy-metal-actually-looks-cool and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.