Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 320 posts
  • 115 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by hocuslocus
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    DF970F0B-48A5-4821-9093-7379EF17A519 (resized).jpeg
    59D2A096-9608-4122-A6FF-CF121AF44DD5 (resized).jpeg
    5A426C8D-A616-409B-9F06-0066798F16AA (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    E7B991DC-734F-4E11-81E9-493FBF48507F (resized).jpeg
    9755E495-5DE4-4C9F-8426-CAB128780447 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_2020-03-07 The Custom Shop Heavy Metal Gallery – classicplayfields com (resized).png
    660BAA42-5110-4A88-BA6E-0BF8B16CC54D (resized).jpeg
    hm_brazil (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200302-205412_Yahoo Mail (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1583192200326 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200301_081432_com.android.chrome[2071] (resized).jpg
    88286577_10158242634324244_6325053501932044288_o (resized).jpg
    fefca7f49fc5ebb998a8b846bf7f183b--hard-rock-trading-cards (resized).jpg
    C9E341C0-A5AF-40C6-8E0B-8305861A41A1.gif
    There are 320 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
    #1 4 years ago
    4CFF3123-832C-4AF5-940E-FDBD940AC742 (resized).jpeg4CFF3123-832C-4AF5-940E-FDBD940AC742 (resized).jpegAA164FE5-CBCA-43B9-B9E4-AC00121CB3FE (resized).pngAA164FE5-CBCA-43B9-B9E4-AC00121CB3FE (resized).png
    #2 4 years ago

Looking forward to some game play videos, additional information, etc

#3 4 years ago

Sebastian Bach? Yikes!

#4 4 years ago

Give me Hagar and I'm in

#5 4 years ago

I'm no big Skid Row fan, but if you want someone with a great set of pipes to belt out metal, Sebastian's your guy.

#6 4 years ago

Stern has mad it public via Facebook their next Signature game. Announcing "HEAVY METAL"!

Original Hand Drawn Heavy Metal Artwork
    DMD Display
    Commercial Quality Coin Operated
    First Ever Official Heavy Metal Pinball
    Made To Order For A Limited Time
    First Ever Chameleon Paint Armor Kit
    Two Exclusive Custom Heavy Metal Action Figures
    Original Soundtrack Featuring Sebastian Bach, Brendon Small, The Night Flight Orchestra, And More To Be Announced!
    Led Lighting
    2 Steel Ramps and Rails
    Passive two ball lock
    3 pop bumpers
    Opto Spinners
    3 drop targets
    $8299

#7 4 years ago

Looks like a generic metal pinball with red dmd. Nothing to do with the Heavy Metal films.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from ULEKstore:

Looking forward to some game play videos, additional information, etc

Go watch gameplay videos of Star Wars The Pin and you'll have pretty much all the info you need.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

Go watch gameplay videos of Star Wars The Pin and you'll have pretty much all the info you need.

Star Wars The Pin is looking like a bargain now, $8299? Wtf!

#10 4 years ago

Even K Man didn't know.

#11 4 years ago

I find it interesting that all this happens 2 days after CPR shows the custom retheme of a Firepower to Heavy Metal game.

Stu did it great actually. Not saying this isn't cool too, just I find the timing really curious.

Chris

#12 4 years ago

Another pretty dated theme, but at least it looks to have nothing to with that 80s movie.

Quoted from Billy16:

Sebastian Bach? Yikes!

What's not to love?

download (3) (resized).jpgdownload (3) (resized).jpg
    #13 4 years ago
    #14 4 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Even K Man didn't know.

He posted this 2 or 3 days ago tho

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

He posted this 2 or 3 days ago tho

I listened to the rumours pod but don't recall hearing it mentioned.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from Toasterdog:

Stern has mad it public via Facebook their next Signature game. Announcing "HEAVY METAL"!
    Original Hand Drawn Heavy Metal Artwork
    DMD Display
    Commercial Quality Coin Operated
    First Ever Official Heavy Metal Pinball
    Made To Order For A Limited Time
    First Ever Chameleon Paint Armor Kit
    Two Exclusive Custom Heavy Metal Action Figures
    Original Soundtrack Featuring Sebastian Bach, Brendon Small, The Night Flight Orchestra, And More To Be Announced!
    Led Lighting
    2 Steel Ramps and Rails
    Passive two ball lock
    3 pop bumpers
    Opto Spinners
    3 drop targets
    $8299

Is that price a typo??!!

DMD pro lite ..... $8299????

That is insanity!

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

I listened to the rumours pod but don't recall hearing it mentioned.

it was on his FB page

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Is that price a typo??!!
    DMD pro lite ..... $8299????
    That is insanity!

That's basically what Primus was price wise and you got even less with that game. Think of this as a bargain since Supreme was more than this and with this one you get actual art on it.

#20 4 years ago

10,000 before xmas

#21 4 years ago

So this was contracted by an action figure company? Sorry, not familiar with Incendium.

#22 4 years ago

It's another contract job right?

If anybody wants to know where this is going check out the Primus and Supreme threads, where people express outrage at Stern's greed and proclaim they won't sell any because you can buy a Deadpool for $5500. Doesn't matter how many they sell Stern got paid, and the games will be on and off the line in a couple days.

We all knew we'd be seeing Star Wars Pin again, so here it is. There's now three of these for licensors to choose from including Spider Man/Nellie

#24 4 years ago

I was looking forward to seeing what they did with the rumored TMNT that was due out next. Hopefully they didnt code name Heavy metal as TMNT like how they code named JP as Jaws.

#25 4 years ago

Sebastian will sing to you while you set up your game.

#26 4 years ago

If it was based off the original movie I'd be interested.

#27 4 years ago

Something funny I just noticed: Kevin Eastman, co-creator of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, owned Heavy Metal from 1992 to 2014. He's still an investor in the new holding company and is involved with (ongoing) magazine publication. I don't know if TMNT was a codename for this, but interesting to see the overlap there.

#28 4 years ago

why DMD? looks like the older Ghostbusters style cabinet.

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If anybody wants to know where this is going check out the Primus and Supreme threads, where people express outrage at Stern's greed and proclaim they won't sell any because you can buy a Deadpool for $5500. Doesn't matter how many they sell Stern got paid, and the games will be on and off the line in a couple days.
    We all knew we'd be seeing Star Wars Pin again, so here it is. There's now three of these for licensors to choose from including Spider Man/Nellie

Right on que. Now ... Ice.. where are you.

#30 4 years ago

So is this a home pin?

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

So is this a home pin?

Like Supreme, it’s a home pin playfield reskin in a commercial cabinet.

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don’t think people around here understand how the contract thing works

#33 4 years ago

But are they making 20 like Supreme?

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

I don’t think people around here understand how the contract thing works

It's fucking mind boggling that we have to go over this EVERY SINGLE TIME.

And in two years when Supreme shows up as a Shasta game for $9000 we'll have to do it again.

#35 4 years ago

But if everyone got it, you would have nothing to say

#36 4 years ago

The "built to order" concept is interesting. What does that exactly mean? I always thought Stern builds games based on distributor orders / commitments anyways.

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's fucking mind boggling that we have to go over this EVERY SINGLE TIME.
    And in two years when Supreme shows up as a Shasta game for $9000 we'll have to do it again.

If it's Carl contracting out a Shasta game and it has deli meats in it then I'm in, price be damned!

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I was thinking more like WANNA FANTA, DON'T-CHA WANNA. Every flavor an LE!

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from Billy16:

Sebastian Bach? Yikes!

He was immature and too stupid to stay in one of the bigger bands of the time. And he thought the band was stolen from him... Even though he didn't write any of the songs, and was brought in as a vocalist long after teh band formed. It's Dave Sabo's band.

But, you know what... He had and still has, an amazing voice. I mean... Not many people have that range, pathos, and emotion that he has. The debut of Skid Row might be hte bigger selling album... And it does have 2 of my all time favorite songs on it... But, I mean... Slave to the Grind is a top 25 metal album ever.
    Not one bad song on that album...

And I live by the words... Can't be king of the world if you're just a slave to the grind...

One thing I'll say though about this game... The theme is the ultimate "one way ticket to midnight"... Just wish it had the Hagar song though...
    And I commented in another thread about how stern probably wouldn't have any other dream themes for me.

And right when I think I get out, they pull me back in.

One last note. The solo album Bach did that was produced by the great Roy Z... Really good album. But, then again... Roy Z doesn't really produce crap albums.

Edit... But, the 8,200 price... No thank you. Its interesting... But, while I do like the theme. If it was reasonably priced I'd buy one. But, this is a pass for me... Hopefully enough people do buy it... So maybe in like 5-10 years I can pick one up second hand.

#40 4 years ago
    MealyCoolBeauceron-max-1mb[1].gifMealyCoolBeauceron-max-1mb[1].gif
    #41 4 years ago

This will look great right between Supreme and Lebowski at Sunshine Laundromat in Brooklyn.

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

The "built to order" concept is interesting. What does that exactly mean? I always thought Stern builds games based on distributor orders / commitments anyways.

Minimum order from Incendium with additional units being built based on orders.

#43 4 years ago

I can tell you what the figures will be...

97539F72-C546-4C48-B877-2E94211EE422 (resized).png97539F72-C546-4C48-B877-2E94211EE422 (resized).png
    #44 4 years ago
    Quoted from AttackFromPhilly:

Minimum order from Incendium with additional units being built based on orders.

Makes sense. So distros are not forced to take a minimum quantity. I still think that they need to either announce a date when no more orders are taken or a maximum production quantity if they care about selling to "collector types"

#45 4 years ago

Woah, woah, woah, stop the clock.

A pinball manufacturer has manufactured a new pinball machine? They have one job and seems like they're doing it well.

#46 4 years ago
    Quoted from Diospinball:

He was immature and too stupid to stay in one of the bigger bands of the time. And he thought the band was stolen from him... Even though he didn't write any of the songs, and was brought in as a vocalist long after teh band formed. It's Dave Sabo's band.
    But, you know what... He had and still has, an amazing voice. I mean... Not many people have that range, pathos, and emotion that he has. The debut of Skid Row might be hte bigger selling album... And it does have 2 of my all time favorite songs on it... But, I mean... Slave to the Grind is a top 25 metal album ever.
    Not one bad song on that album...
    And I live by the words... Can't be king of the world if you're just a slave to the grind...
    One thing I'll say though about this game... The theme is the ultimate "one way ticket to midnight"... Just wish it had the Hagar song though...
    And I commented in another thread about how stern probably wouldn't have any other dream themes for me.
    And right when I think I get out, they pull me back in.
    One last note. The solo album Bach did that was produced by the great Roy Z... Really good album. But, then again... Roy Z doesn't really produce crap albums.
    Edit... But, the 8,200 price... No thank you. Its interesting... But, while I do like the theme. If it was reasonably priced I'd buy one. But, this is a pass for me... Hopefully enough people do buy it... So maybe in like 5-10 years I can pick one up second hand.

I wonder if they’ll have him doing cover songs. Seems the most likely reason for hiring him.

And skid row was already over when he left. That shit was done! He’s done ok for himself. Even ended up on Broadway if I recall.

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

Makes sense. So distros are not forced to take a minimum quantity. I still think that they need to either announce a date when no more orders are taken or a maximum production quantity if they care about selling to "collector types"

It’s an absolute no lose for Stern, but people are too blinded by dimple rage to see this

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

It’s an absolute no lose for Stern, but people are too blinded by dimple rage to see this

DDS. Dimple Derangement Syndrome.

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I wonder if they’ll have him doing cover songs. Seems the most likely reason for hiring him.
    And skid row was already over when he left. That shit was done! He’s done ok for himself. Even ended up on Broadway if I recall.

Up and down... But, isn't that the case for most peoples lives... It ebbs and flows...

And yeah... I think you're right about Skid Row being basically over... Their last album with Bach was really a bit ho-hum. Never could get into it. A shame because as I said Slave to the Grind is just so damn amazing. Such a heavy, heavy album. And Sabo proved he could both write and shred with the best of em... But, maybe he just ran out of ideas... It happens.

Back to this pin... It's going to take a bit of a price drop to make me smile pretty for the wrecking ball.

#50 4 years ago

If Beatles with an LCD didn't move at $7999, how does this even have a chance?

There are 320 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heavy-metal-?hl=quadrider and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.